PDA

View Full Version : LOLMS Provisionals last night

BTExpress
01-26-2021, 12:19 PM
With 76 cars in the pits last night it was definitely tough to make the field. My question is how where the following 6 drivers chosen for a provisional? Richards, Pearson, Moyer, Jr, Bruening, Satterlee, and Jackson, Jr. I understand the first four as they were/are Lucas Oil regulars, but why was Satterlee and Jackson chosen for a provisional?

Pennsboro32
01-26-2021, 12:22 PM
There was a fast time provisional, but I can't remember who received it.

zyoung25
01-26-2021, 01:15 PM
Will Herrington got the fast time card.

Highside Hustler25
01-26-2021, 01:49 PM
Will Herrington got the fast time card.
series prov. Josh and Earl Jr.
Straw. dash prov. Frankie
series emergency prov. Moyer, Bruening, Satterlee, Jackson Jr.

.................................................. ..................................................

MRM
01-26-2021, 02:12 PM
With 76 cars in the pits last night it was definitely tough to make the field. My question is how where the following 6 drivers chosen for a provisional? Richards, Pearson, Moyer, Jr, Bruening, Satterlee, and Jackson, Jr. I understand the first four as they were/are Lucas Oil regulars, but why was Satterlee and Jackson chosen for a provisional?

Emergency provisionals. Each driver only gets so many of those a season. As James Essex explained it, a driver taking an emergency provisional gets points, but no money unless they move up to a certain position. They're basically racing for free to maintain their spot in the points.

BTExpress
01-26-2021, 02:18 PM
Thank you....now I know the rest of the story

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-26-2021, 02:34 PM
Emergency provisionals. Each driver only gets so many of those a season. As James Essex explained it, a driver taking an emergency provisional gets points, but no money unless they move up to a certain position. They're basically racing for free to maintain their spot in the points.

There is no purse money set aside for emergency provisional starters. Those drivers must advance to a position that pays more than start money and they then receive the difference.

Say they advance to 7th place. If start money is $400 and that spot pays $1000, they get $600.

84wedge
01-26-2021, 04:43 PM
I don't liek provisionals. You either race your way in like an adult or pack up and leave. No more handouts for the losers.