PDA

View Full Version : No more provisionals.

84wedge
01-26-2021, 08:12 PM
And we wouldn't see EPJ much. Seriously, why the free handouts for people who can't race their way in like everyone else? How is that fair to the other guys that didn't make it but don't have the big name sponsors?

EDERDS
01-26-2021, 08:46 PM
You answered your own question. It’s about the sponsors being seen.

dirtSLMracing
01-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Why do provisionals bother people so bad? It's their series they can put in whoever they please and don't need to ask permission from some keyboard warrior. Gather up some cash and start your own series and run it the way you want.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Why do provisionals bother people so bad? It's their series they can put in whoever they please and don't need to ask permission from some keyboard warrior. Gather up some cash and start your own series and run it the way you want.

Because they dont want to watch several cars out there going thru the motions instead of a car that could compete. It's only mildly annoying for regular shows. It is worse in big events.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-26-2021, 09:09 PM
And we wouldn't see EPJ much. Seriously, why the free handouts for people who can't race their way in like everyone else? How is that fair to the other guys that didn't make it but don't have the big name sponsors?

They don't care. They have 12 guys to make happy.

ZERO25
01-26-2021, 10:12 PM

The word loyalty doesn't seem to matter anymore to some people!

fryefan
01-26-2021, 11:45 PM

Agreed. The drivers that are committed to a series deserve a few perks along the way.

dirtcrazy4u
01-27-2021, 06:20 AM
Yep. You have a team commitment to 4un the series you deserve to get perks. I like seeing where they end up. Some push the car really hard and pass a bunch of cars. Others well they just have some nights were the car is junk.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 06:31 AM
The word loyalty doesn't seem to matter anymore to some people!

Loyalty is shown in tech. Haha

golddirt
01-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Just give them a trophy for showing up !!

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 09:29 AM
Just give them a trophy for showing up !!

They get a stack of Ben's for showing up. Seems enough to me.

zyoung25
01-27-2021, 09:55 AM
Because they dont want to watch several cars out there going thru the motions instead of a car that could compete. It's only mildly annoying for regular shows. It is worse in big events.

It really irritates me when a series regular pulls s big dirty slider for a transfer spot in a b main, on a guy that has to race his was in.

I remember when Richards wiped out krob a couple years ago at the north south. That is probably the worst I've ever seen. It was one of those deals you just had to shake your head and wonder what the logic was behind that

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 10:01 AM
It really irritates me when a series regular pulls s big dirty slider for a transfer spot in a b main, on a guy that has to race his was in.

I remember when Richards wiped out krob a couple years ago at the north south. That is probably the worst I've ever seen. It was one of those deals you just had to shake your head and wonder what the logic was behind that

I hate seeing that too. There has been some of that this week. Winger and Braezelle got it last night.

It would be nice if one could argue a provisional kept that from happening. It clearly doesn't.

84wedge
01-27-2021, 10:11 AM
Why do provisionals bother people so bad? It's their series they can put in whoever they please and don't need to ask permission from some keyboard warrior. Gather up some cash and start your own series and run it the way you want.Why do peoples opinions bother people so bad? It's a forum I can writoe whatever I please and don't need permission from some keybaord warrior. Gather up some cash and star your own country and run it with no freedom of speech, the way you want.

84wedge
01-27-2021, 10:14 AM
They would be better off letting all the touring guys into the feature and making provisionals for the non regulars.

TS FAN
01-27-2021, 11:14 AM
Fellas provisionals are necessary. I do not see why anyone watching should be concerned. You tell me how many drivers would follow WOO or Lucas (Just picking top two series) if there were no provisionals or other benefits? Anyone paying attention should know that!!!

dirtSLMracing
01-27-2021, 11:31 AM
Why do peoples opinions bother people so bad? It's a forum I can writoe whatever I please and don't need permission from some keybaord warrior. Gather up some cash and star your own country and run it with no freedom of speech, the way you want.

No part of my post said you should not post your opinion. No part of my post was trying to stop free speech. You seem to have a problem with provisionals so I offered a solution by starting your own series.

Based on your other posts I bet you would rather just complain. You seem like the type that if you won the lottery you would be mad about paying taxes on it.

dirtSLMracing
01-27-2021, 11:33 AM
Fellas provisionals are necessary. I do not see why anyone watching should be concerned. You tell me how many drivers would follow WOO or Lucas (Just picking top two series) if there were no provisionals or other benefits? Anyone paying attention should know that!!!

The OP is complaining jackoff with his head up his anal canal.

dalemcfan
01-27-2021, 11:34 AM
I think they should limit a driver to say 10 provisionals a year. That means you’d have to make about 80% of the races on speed. If you can’t do that then there are other drivers more deserving of a feature spot than you.

84wedge
01-27-2021, 11:36 AM
The OP is complaining jackoff with his head up his anal canal.Someday you'll go far.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 11:51 AM
Who said no benefits?

ZERO25
01-27-2021, 08:13 PM
Loyalty is shown in tech. Haha

Shame on him if he's cheating and running that bad!

I know a guy with some secret sauce! :)

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-27-2021, 09:43 PM
Shame on him if he's cheating and running that bad!

I know a guy with some secret sauce! :)

Team 385 is where it's at.

ZERO25
01-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Team 385 is where it's at.

LOL......you know it!

NeedforLM$peed
01-28-2021, 04:15 AM
Provisional would be more necessary if some one had a mechanical issue beyond their control. Not because they can't even get out of there own way.

3 wide
01-28-2021, 04:25 PM
I've always been a fan of no provisionals back in the day before all the series you had to run to get in at eldora you don't get in that is what I call true racing when they all qualify in I think that is why half them guys run a series they know they will be in feature.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-28-2021, 08:31 PM
They are needed, period, end of story. To show respect to the guys who follow your tour, and to be loyal, they should exist.

Now, in saying that, there should be a limit. Say have the provisional total be for 20% of the races ran total. So 50 races is 10, and so on.

Not the EPJ, Blake Spencer, Colton Flinner special.

BEVANS
01-29-2021, 07:28 AM
Had a bunch of regulars start and run a few laps Monday night then put it on the trailer. Just sucks for the guys that could've made the A main and raced

NeedforLM$peed
01-29-2021, 08:46 AM
When you have a parody account named after you...

https://mobile.twitter.com/epjbmain

dirtSLMracing
01-29-2021, 10:10 AM
Had a bunch of regulars start and run a few laps Monday night then put it on the trailer. Just sucks for the guys that could've made the A main and raced

So are you saying the provisionals kept other guys from a chance to race?

Josh Bayko
01-29-2021, 10:20 AM
Provisionals exist because series exist. Series have to take care of their drivers, or there would be no series. I agree that it gets a little absurd at times, but they’re never going away.

TS FAN
01-29-2021, 10:36 AM
It really isn't complicated. Drivers follow a series, there will be provisionals.

Highside Hustler25
01-29-2021, 10:47 AM
Say what you want about provisionals but I've seen Marlar, Thornton, Herrington, Heckenast, Jackson, Scott, and Satterlee all get free passes into the A Main on emergency provisionals. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of these guys have ever run the series. What justifies an emergency provisional? Just saying you'll run their series? I can see why guys commit, then drop off if that's the case.

slideiton
01-29-2021, 01:13 PM
Emergency provisional only 2 a night, have to have perfect attendance so far, you only have two (2), unless all other perfect attendance drivers are already in the field, also payout for Emergency provisional is the difference between start money and position payout.

Dlmfan123
01-29-2021, 01:18 PM
There are 2 2020 regular Lucas provisinals, 2 emergency provisionals (from 2020) and 2 for 2021 points

84wedge
01-29-2021, 05:05 PM
Remember that time a track made up a provisional for Bloomquist and he took out the leader when being lapped? Good times.

BloomerHarvickFan
01-30-2021, 04:22 AM
Emergency provisional only 2 a night, have to have perfect attendance so far, you only have two (2), unless all other perfect attendance drivers are already in the field, also payout for Emergency provisional is the difference between start money and position payout.

Right, you don't get start money for emergency provisionals. I think James gave a good explanation last year. if you take the emergency provisional, you have to finish about minimum payout before you earn anything other than points.
He said if the race pays 1000 to start and 12000 to win, and you were to come from emergency provisional and win, you'd get 11,000.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-30-2021, 04:47 AM
Remember that time a track made up a provisional for Bloomquist and he took out the leader when being lapped? Good times.Where was this?

dirtcrazy4u
01-30-2021, 05:09 AM
Here we go

chupp n bloomer fan
01-30-2021, 08:13 AM
Here we goI figured you’d be itching to tell us where, what he ate, etc etc? If it happened, fine, it’ll be ok. I’d guess last year when he was awful or year before. Maybe a Macon Lucas race, he’s awful there too.

BloomerWon
01-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Here we go

We? You have a mouse in your pocket? 😁

84wedge
01-30-2021, 01:37 PM
There are 2 2020 regular Lucas provisinals, 2 emergency provisionals (from 2020) and 2 for 2021 pointsThis is why Sheppard was so aggressive to get out of the B main, he knew he wouldn't get a provisional.