PDA

View Full Version : I’m sorry, but Dillner is really bad at announcing.

EDERDS
01-29-2021, 07:24 PM
Tries to paint pictures that just aren’t there

Rajflyboy
01-29-2021, 07:25 PM
He is ok. Essex is great but Bob adds some too. Overall I’m just happy we can watch Lucas oil series on Computer.

Tireguy17
01-29-2021, 07:36 PM
I cringe at the thought of him being the heir apparent to when James Essex decides to retire.

I enjoy Essex 100x more when Dillner is off doing something else and he can announce solo.

dirtSLMracing
01-29-2021, 07:40 PM
R-boy

In case you have mavtv it's live on there tonight.

PAbigbear
01-29-2021, 07:48 PM
The best in the business is sitting in the booth right beside Dillner and he can't stop talking long enough to take a lesson. Could you imagine Bob trying to announce time trials like Essex?

Rajflyboy
01-29-2021, 07:48 PM
R-boyIn case you have mavtv it's live on there tonight.I’m watching. Great stuff. JD wins his b main

DirtyD31
01-29-2021, 07:51 PM
Agreed 100% Bob never shuts up

84wedge
01-29-2021, 07:58 PM
Agreed 100% Bob never shuts upHe still talks less than Ruben

kazual
01-29-2021, 08:20 PM
Pleasing everyone as an announcer is tough and I try to cut them some slack. But I get a dose of Dillner early in the evening most every night.

formercrewguy
01-29-2021, 08:22 PM
Can't stand him either.

Tireguy17
01-29-2021, 08:36 PM
His yelling of “Feel the Thunder” is sooooo freaking annoying.

noitall93w
01-29-2021, 09:09 PM
He is awful

TUTY
01-29-2021, 09:42 PM
Turn the volume off. Easy solution.

intel8
01-29-2021, 09:50 PM
Mute them! Same garbage night after night!

mcarter815
01-29-2021, 10:26 PM
Essex is annoying but at least he sorta knows what he is saying, unlike Dillner. I am still surprised Dillner has a career after spreading unverified lies in the mid-2000s.

0_VodooChild_0
01-29-2021, 11:23 PM
James Essex is fair from the best. Good maybe even great but not the best. He's a blowhard.

FlatTire
01-30-2021, 12:10 AM
Uncle Bob sure beats Douchebag Ben. All he knows is how to impress him self rattling off sponsor names and pointing out the obvious. I'll bet he practices in the mirror every day after he spends an hour doing his hair trying to make himself look 4" taller. 

zooker25
01-30-2021, 07:38 AM
I think all 3 of them are doing a great job! I've really enjoyed the coverage this week.

Wells Racing Photos
01-30-2021, 07:50 AM
I always thought it was Lucas Oil, not Lucas Earl.....Also his name is Ross Bailes (like in hay) not Biles....

BTExpress
01-30-2021, 08:11 AM
I have heard way worse in my day. Personally I have enjoyed watching all week and think the three of them make a good team. Just be happy we have MavTV Plus. I think the nitpicking is not necessary, but that is my opinion.

knot
01-30-2021, 09:46 AM
Could always be worse.........Wesley Autland could be announcing.

CIRF
01-30-2021, 09:47 AM
I agree, Dillner is not all that good as an announcer. Essex seems to know what he's talking about but his style is very annoying. We've watched every minute of every night this week and both Dillner and Essex had worn very thin by Tuesday night. The only saving grace of the broadcast team is Argabright. He's not the greatest but he's much better than Dillner and Essex at what he does.

Dirt Clod
01-30-2021, 10:03 AM
I see it this way....people have opinions on every announcer, no matter what sport. James is legendary, yet some don't like him. Dave is a Hall of Famer. Dillner has a his style. If Rich Eshelman and Rubin were calling these races, people would probably be complaining. Some hated Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip, yet he brought so much passion. Some probably don't like Mike Joy. Some don't like Fox. Some don't like NBC. I'm not complaining this week....I like all their styles. Plus I've watched it all for free.

Pennsboro32
01-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Essex and DJ are the best in the business IMO. A few mediocre announcers and then you have Dillner. As much as Lucas oil is putting into these broadcast, you’d think they would get someone up there that was half way knowledgeable about the DLM world.

CIRF
01-30-2021, 11:28 AM
Like many things in life what we find pleasantly palatable is in the eye/ear of the beholder. I'm personally not a fan of screamers or guys like Essex who use inflections in an attempt to spice up the play by play call. Essex isn't nearly as bad as he used to be but he still uses some verbal inflections as his style. Some like it, some don't, some merely tolerate it.

As I've posted here in the past, the best track/live video announcer I've ever heard, and I've heard a few, is Scott Daloisio who does the track announcing and the Floracing broadcasts at Perris Auto Speedway. He solidly knows his stuff and his style doesn't need the screaming or the over accentuated down speak. Scott could have had a national gig in racing broadcasts more than once but has a lucrative day job and doesn't like extensive traveling.

CrankedUp90
01-30-2021, 12:37 PM
I dont mind them too much. Eshelman isn't too bad either besides him trying to act more like an official than announcer at times. (Always explaining the rules and taking up for calls the jacka$$ officials make) My personal favorite was Bret Emrick.. https://uponthewheel.wordpress.com/2017/09/23/catching-up-with-bret-emrick/

dalemcfan
01-30-2021, 12:38 PM
I don’t like Dillner but grateful for the free broadcasts. I actually liked the announcer on Flo last week that called the mods at East Bay. Anyone know who that was?

formercrewguy
01-30-2021, 02:08 PM
Like many things in life what we find pleasantly palatable is in the eye/ear of the beholder. I'm personally not a fan of screamers or guys like Essex who use inflections in an attempt to spice up the play by play call. Essex isn't nearly as bad as he used to be but he still uses some verbal inflections as his style. Some like it, some don't, some merely tolerate it.

As I've posted here in the past, the best track/live video announcer I've ever heard, and I've heard a few, is Scott Daloisio who does the track announcing and the Floracing broadcasts at Perris Auto Speedway. He solidly knows his stuff and his style doesn't need the screaming or the over accentuated down speak. Scott could have had a national gig in racing broadcasts more than once but has a lucrative day job and doesn't like extensive traveling.

Yup, Scott is top notch.

dirtSLMracing
01-30-2021, 07:58 PM
Did the announcer just say that for over 20 years EPJ and Earl Pearson Jr have been together? Or am I hearing things?

TeNfOMaFiA69
01-30-2021, 08:09 PM
Did the announcer just say that for over 20 years EPJ and Earl Pearson Jr have been together? Or am I hearing things?

Nope.... Dillner being Dillner

84wedge
01-30-2021, 08:18 PM
Did the announcer just say that for over 20 years EPJ and Earl Pearson Jr have been together? Or am I hearing things?Well......he's not really wrong.

dirtcrazy4u
01-31-2021, 06:34 AM
Will all the perfect people stand up please. STFU. Turn it off and go do something else, instead of complaining.

Late_Model_Mark
01-31-2021, 09:25 AM
I really liked the job Bob and James did all week, was very thank full to have 6 nights of live racing. We have come a long way for sure in exposure and quality.

As an announcer myself, we have folks who like us and our styles, could take us or leave us, and those who have disdain for our style, voice, or delivery. You can't pleases all. This stuff is not easy sometimes.

Some on here should take a crack at announcing, you may have a different perspective on things. It is easy to make mistakes, get excited, and say something lame at times.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

TheJet-09
01-31-2021, 10:08 AM
I appreciate announcers that have a basic understanding of the cars, and he at least recognized the shock cover (among other parts) that fell off of Owens' car, and the shock reservoir hanging underneath the rear of Bronson's car last night.

I had to remind myself he was the announcer that some were complaining about, so I guess nothing negative stuck out to me. But I get the like or dislike aspect as a fan. I used to hate watching NFL games that Dan Dierdorf or Dan Fouts announced, but I really enjoy Tony Romo. There's something to be said for the chemistry of an announcing duo, and most certainly for individuals themselves.

DirtyD31
01-31-2021, 10:23 AM
Bob isn’t as bad as Eshelman I don’t think by far. Bob just never stops talking, he rambles just to be talking. It’s ok for there to be some silence now and then, or to let the other guy speak. With that being said, I couldn’t imagine that announcing would be easy, and that nerves wouldn’t cause the best to make a few mistakes. But I hate Eshelmans style, the music over the cars, lame a$$ jokes, and blabber. He has the knowledge, but just gets on my nerves when I tune into a WOO race.

dirtSLMracing
01-31-2021, 10:24 AM
I appreciate announcers that have a basic understanding of the cars, and he at least recognized the shock cover (among other parts) that fell off of Owens' car, and the shock reservoir hanging underneath the rear of Bronson's car last night.

I had to remind myself he was the announcer that some were complaining about, so I guess nothing negative stuck out to me. But I get the like or dislike aspect as a fan. I used to hate watching NFL games that Dan Dierdorf or Dan Fouts announced, but I really enjoy Tony Romo. There's something to be said for the chemistry of an announcing duo, and most certainly for individuals themselves.

Seemed every night they repeated the same stuff. Then they would repeat it again during the night. Could not mention Shirley without saying he won at Knowville, was not a Lucas sanctioned race, never won a Lucas Sanctioned race. Mention Sheppard, tell how many races he won last year, same with Overton. Praised Bobby Pierce like he was the greatest driver ever.. then followed that up EVER time with he hadnt won in 7 years, since he was 17.

Like a broken record..just tell what is happeneing, dont have to repeat history with every comment.

BloomerWon
01-31-2021, 10:34 AM
You all's just jealous them boys have the best seat in the house.

dirtSLMracing
01-31-2021, 10:38 AM
You all's just jealous them boys have the best seat in the house.

I am not convinced they were at the racetrack.. seemed they called the race watching the monitor.

BloomerWon
01-31-2021, 10:38 AM
Will all the perfect people stand up please. STFU. Turn it off and go do something else, instead of complaining.

Yeah, Lol... You tell'em there fussy! Too funny smh...

over4T
01-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Attempted to watch the races from North Florida Speedway Friday night, mainly to see a track I'd never been to and the ASCoC sprints though I'm a stock car guy.
The announcer never said squat about the track. little about the racers and gave not much info about anything. All are stuff that should be said when you are announcing a nationally broadcast event. He'd get excited about every individual spin, which the camera seldom caught, and had an annoying habit of saying "There they go" with every one of the interminable restarts in all the classes, Mini Stocks, FL Late Models, Mods and the Sprinters. Qualifying all the classes ran until about 9:30 p.m.
The camera guy was pretty much focused on the lead car in all classes and the interviews with all the winners were just dull. Just a really boring show and I gave up on it before the Sprint car main and decided my time would be better spent putting a new chain and plug on the chainsaw.

BloomerWon
01-31-2021, 10:42 AM
I am not convinced they were at the racetrack.. seemed they called the race watching the monitor.

Yeah, maybe there were on the fugin moon??? 😁

LM1M
01-31-2021, 01:35 PM
I like Dillner, its clear he has a passion for the sport but as others say there is just a little too much talking to talk. Also, he could stand to be a little more educated on the dirt late model world.

zyoung25
01-31-2021, 01:42 PM
Bob is a super nice guy. He approached me and my wife in the pits this past week to greet our dog and basically just ask how we were enjoying ourselves. However, he's just put in the booth to amp up the drama. He's annoying yes, but it could be worse. Like a poster above said, we could be stuck with Wesley Outland.

Rajflyboy
01-31-2021, 02:14 PM
Bob is a super nice guy. He approached me and my wife in the pits this past week to greet our dog and basically just ask how we were enjoying ourselves. However, he's just put in the booth to amp up the drama. He's annoying yes, but it could be worse. Like a poster above said, we could be stuck with Wesley Outland.👍. Pretty much what I believe

ZERO25
01-31-2021, 09:20 PM
Bob is a super nice guy. He approached me and my wife in the pits this past week to greet our dog and basically just ask how we were enjoying ourselves. However, he's just put in the booth to amp up the drama. He's annoying yes, but it could be worse. Like a poster above said, we could be stuck with Wesley Outland.

Agree! He came and talked to a group of us in the pits Saturday. He gave us a lot of info about Mavtv plus!Very nice and personable!

Many will not know this, but this year is his first full time gig doing this. His style is so so, but hopefully, he will get better as the year goes on!

And oh yeah.....he's like 6' 6"!

riddle28
02-01-2021, 06:50 AM
i really wish they couldve picked up ralph sheheen hes my favorite national announcer

Barbecueboy
02-01-2021, 06:53 AM
I don't mind dilner at all....I like the call from he and James.

Hoosier_Dirt
02-01-2021, 07:14 AM
If he'd just drop the 'Feel the Thunder" thing I'd be ok with him. He seems to be learning more and more about the dirt late models. And if I'm not mistaken, he now resides in Indiana and is gonna promote the Winchester Indiana asphalt track.

AnnouncerLife88
02-01-2021, 08:10 AM
Everyone's got their style of announcer they like, I'll take Essex and Dillner over someone yelling at me. My rule of thumb has always been show your excitement by the tone of your voice, not the volume.

The only unforgivable sins in my announcer playbook are: not knowing who you're talking about, screaming at me, over-hyping the concession stands, and as an announcer talking more during an interview than the person you interview.

Avoid those four and I'll probably like your style.

dirt33
02-01-2021, 09:09 AM
i really wish they couldve picked up ralph sheheen hes my favorite national announcer

If he wants the job, he must first write the following on a chalkboard one thousand times:

Mike MarLER Mike MarLER Mike MarLER

ZERO25
02-01-2021, 10:34 AM
I personally prefer James and Ben in the booth, and DJ in the pits!

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-01-2021, 10:59 AM
If he wants the job, he must first write the following on a chalkboard one thousand times:

Mike MarLER Mike MarLER Mike MarLER

Why he have to spell it wrong?

RayCook53fan
02-01-2021, 12:12 PM

Wesley Outland and Dewayne Keith... as a former announcer myself, (and maybe again soon) these guys are just too much. Like way beyond too much.

I didn't mind Bob Dillner, he can say a few things that are kind of annoying, but overall I enjoyed the broadcasts. James Essex is great. The only thing that kind of irks me about him is how he said "Bob" at like the end of every sentence. But again, wasn't too bad.

RayCook53fan
02-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Speaking of great announcers, does anyone know how the GOAT, Ozzie Altman, is doing these days? I know he had a serious stroke a few years back.

Pennsboro32
02-01-2021, 12:28 PM
I find Mike Norris underrated.

Rajflyboy
02-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Wesley Outland and Dewayne Keith... as a former announcer myself, (and maybe again soon) these guys are just too much. Like way beyond too much.I didn't mind Bob Dillner, he can say a few things that are kind of annoying, but overall I enjoyed the broadcasts. James Essex is great. The only thing that kind of irks me about him is how he said "Bob" at like the end of every sentence. But again, wasn't too bad.Can you feel the thunder ? 😜

dirtcrazy4u
02-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Lucas and the paying sponsors want can't you feel the thunder

Late_Model_Mark
02-01-2021, 05:32 PM
A couple of thoughts again on this.

When James said Bob a lot, that is an announcer opening the door for his fellow announcer to speak.

If Mr. Dilner was that bad as the author of this negative post opined, I do not think he would be in that enviable position he is in.

If Mr. Eschelmen and Mr. Essex were that bad, those 2 guys would not have the two most coveted Dirt Late Model gigs in the sport.

All announcer have off nights, good nights, and nights where they are on it and on fire.

Granted we all have views on the guys behind the microphone calling the races, whether they be screamers, yellers, squealers, talkers and so on.

Let us have a great 2021 at the races!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcers

dirtSLMracing
02-01-2021, 06:40 PM
LOL.. these clowns are clueless.

"caution is out"

The race was over.

84GLHTurbo
02-01-2021, 06:44 PM
It is the man's job. You've got to do better. Lucas can do better than this.

JimBo
02-01-2021, 07:33 PM
Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post

Sure sounds like they are announcing what they see on a monitor to me.

Rajflyboy
02-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Picture of crew at East Bay. Not sure about Bubba. Argabright is definitely there.

flash49
02-01-2021, 10:06 PM
Lots of you guys sure like to complain a lot. All I want from an announcer is to tell me who is in what car (most of whom I already know) and where they're from. When I'm watching the race, either in person or on TV, I don't need anyone to tell me about what I can see for myself.

Rajflyboy
02-02-2021, 04:42 AM
You folks don’t enjoy Dixie Choppers Feel the Thunder? 😜😂

Parts-Guy
02-02-2021, 07:52 AM
Last night at Ocala he didn't realize the race was over, just kept talking about the race....

MEE
02-02-2021, 08:54 AM
I can't believe this thread hasn't been deleted yet.If you talk about 1T or rubby then it gets gone in a hurry.To top it off Dillner owns a part of 4m.

Barbecueboy
02-02-2021, 09:58 AM
The feel the thunder doesn't bother me at all....I'm sure DC pays for that mention and after dilner says it you hear nothing but horses running for a little bit and no announcing.

What racer or fan doesn't think that part is cool?

thefloppyone
02-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Thumbs up to Lucas/MAV for making the shows possible. The feed quality is incredible. I think they are watching the race on the monitor from the track in order to call the action the viewers are seeing, this is common in race broadcasting. Bob definitely is enthusiastic. I don't think he's awful, but some quiet time from the announcers would be welcome. Especially on the streaming events that you may be watching from start to end. 5 hours of hearing the same 2 people talk does get a little old. Its different when you're at the track because the cars drown out the announcers most of the time. There's nothing wrong with just hearing the cars or the crowd for a few moments periodically. Maybe even have a pit walk thrown in during down time just walking around with the camera and seeing the cars and the crews working up close with no commentary.

LM1
02-02-2021, 10:39 AM
I thought Bob was better last night. Like I said before he seems like a good guy, when you are on tv you're going to get criticized some I guess it just goes with the nature of the job.

FF21
02-02-2021, 11:11 AM
At least he isn't saying "Boogity Boogity Boogity Lets go racing boys"

GrocMax
02-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Is Lon still announcing? One of the few ever entertained me, more than they annoyed me. The WoO dude that self-applies the tourniquet in the sensitive area, takes a really deep breath, and rattles off 30 seconds worth of drivel while tightening the tourniquet and the voice getting higher and higher until you are sure he's gonna explode? Mute.

#The Truth
02-02-2021, 12:59 PM
People can find anything to complain about today. Why not be grateful, not that long ago you couldn't watch a single race from wherever you were at the time. Now, you get an entire season of the premier series for the cost of about 5 grandstand passes. I agree, at times the content and discussions can be repetitive and dull, but I think this is by design rather than lack of knowledge, suggested by many users. The announcing is not geared towards those of us that have been involved in the dirt racing world our entire lives, its designed to peak interest in the series and dirt racing in general. More than 30 events will be broadcast live this year on the MavTV cable network. The Show Me 100 Live on CBS networks as well as tape delayed broadcasts. NBCSN also shows tape delayed broadcasts. If more of the country grows to like our sport, one of those major networks will pick the series up and we will all be able to watch live with our regular cable subscriptions. But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money.

Josh Bayko
02-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Dilner is still pretty new to DLM racing. He’ll improve with experience.

1forthe$
02-02-2021, 03:31 PM
"...But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money."

OR... OR go to a website that has the self titled slogan "the most opinionated message board on the internet " and give your opinion to other people giving their opinions.

Crazy idea, I know. Some may even call it revolutionary.

moonshine
02-02-2021, 06:39 PM
He’s getting worse as he goes. He’s running out material.

Rajflyboy
02-03-2021, 04:41 AM
Boogity boogity boogity let’s go Dixie choppin boys

TTS_JF
02-03-2021, 05:58 AM
I like the live races and being able to watch several nights in a row, sure things get repeated about certain drivers but the team does pretty good. I flipped over to watch mods at Volusia after Ocala last night and trust me Reuben will make you appreciate Dillner more.

DLC
02-03-2021, 07:40 AM
( I flipped over to watch mods at Volusia after Ocala last night and trust me Reuben will make you appreciate Dillner more.)

ABSOLUTELY the truth.
When I watched them last year I had to MUTE him.

84wedge
02-03-2021, 09:30 AM
People can find anything to complain about today. Why not be grateful, not that long ago you couldn't watch a single race from wherever you were at the time. Now, you get an entire season of the premier series for the cost of about 5 grandstand passes. I agree, at times the content and discussions can be repetitive and dull, but I think this is by design rather than lack of knowledge, suggested by many users. The announcing is not geared towards those of us that have been involved in the dirt racing world our entire lives, its designed to peak interest in the series and dirt racing in general. More than 30 events will be broadcast live this year on the MavTV cable network. The Show Me 100 Live on CBS networks as well as tape delayed broadcasts. NBCSN also shows tape delayed broadcasts. If more of the country grows to like our sport, one of those major networks will pick the series up and we will all be able to watch live with our regular cable subscriptions. But I'm sure you all would still have something to complain about then. Shut up and watch the race, if you make a subscription choice based on announcers rather than quality of video and racing quality, you are in fact the problem. Go get your Fast Pass and watch the Rocket1 Racing series for 3 times the money.You are proving your own point by complaining about complaining.

Highside Hustler25
02-03-2021, 10:23 AM
You are proving your own point by complaining about complaining.

I don't know, for a first post, he hit on some good facts. Lil windy😁I really don't get the multiple page's bashing the guy. If you don't like him just turn down the volume and enjoy the racing. He'll, play announcer yourself in front of your big screen if you think you've got what it takes.

Tireguy17
02-03-2021, 10:27 AM
For a 4M thread about criticism for someone, I think this has been a very civilized conversation.

And now I probably just jinxed it......

dirtcrazy4u
02-03-2021, 10:34 AM
I wish the dang thread would go away.. if people think it's so easy, tape yourself and then listen to what a a** you sound like.

Rajflyboy
02-03-2021, 12:23 PM
WellMaybe just make Kyle Larson the announcer 😜

84wedge
02-03-2021, 01:04 PM
4m should publish a book on arguing. It would only be two pages long. Page 1, let's see you do better. Page 2, I'm sick of you complainers (insert more complaints here).

Rajflyboy
02-03-2021, 02:49 PM
It’s all in fun 👍

plunks7
02-03-2021, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry but I can not Listen to Rueben!!! So I mute him, plain and simple.

BloomerHarvickFan
02-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Bob and James are not the best I've heard, but they aren't the worst either, and both are very good guys.
Bob answers questions on Twitter during the event, and is very excited about the sport. That being said, my favorite announcer was Ozzie Altman. I thought he was a great race announcer in the HAT days.

kazual
02-04-2021, 07:48 AM
Announcing is a thankless job in many cases. Some fans prefer a proactive announcer, some want a more basic call. Like being a teacher it’s a job that many of us wouldn’t want, thank goodness someone does.

RayCook53fan
02-04-2021, 07:51 AM
Bob and James are not the best I've heard, but they aren't the worst either, and both are very good guys.
Bob answers questions on Twitter during the event, and is very excited about the sport. That being said, my favorite announcer was Ozzie Altman. I thought he was a great race announcer in the HAT days.

I share this opinion 100%!

EvelB7
02-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Ozzie was at the top for sure. He had a memory like no one else when he was 'doing well', he used to stop in and see me from time to time when he lived in the area-miss that for sure.

Rajflyboy
02-04-2021, 08:37 AM
Hey big man let me hold a dollar

Rajflyboy
02-04-2021, 02:57 PM
Check out these announcers. Maybe the best I have ever heard for Motorsports broadcasting. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vavHybAKVOo

Barbecueboy
02-04-2021, 03:07 PM
So dillner is modjr1? Wonder if right before he bans someone he hollers " can you feel the thunder into his monitor"?

Kidding aside, the enthusiasm and realism he brings to the broadcast is pretty cool.....the rest of it is pretty insignificant to me on a broadcast.

84wedge
02-04-2021, 05:17 PM
I'm sorry but I can not Listen to Rueben!!! So I mute him, plain and simple.This is how threads get deleted.

Rajflyboy
02-04-2021, 06:12 PM
Rueben ? He is the Outlaws announcer? I like him. He is very professional and throws out some fun stuff too.

Rajflyboy
02-04-2021, 06:15 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2GLtygOfVzE . I like his last lap announcing 😜👍

ZERO25
02-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Rueben ? He is the Outlaws announcer? I like him. He is very professional and throws out some fun stuff too.

That pedophile mustache though......yikes!

Ill be nice and say he's tolerable!

Rajflyboy
02-04-2021, 07:30 PM
I guess people want to listen to BORING announcers

ChrisNunn
02-05-2021, 12:13 AM
I remember when I was the worst announcer in the business according to 4m.

lets be real, I still am :) lol

If you cant make fun of yourself, then who can!

Announcing is not for everyone, just gotta love to run your mouth for a few bucks, and hopefully entertain some people while youre at it.

Rajflyboy
02-05-2021, 05:49 AM
I still say the youtubers hot wheels 3bot announcers are awesome. Those guys make something outta nothing 👍

Barbecueboy
02-05-2021, 07:39 AM
I remember when I was the worst announcer in the business according to 4m.

lets be real, I still am :) lol

If you cant make fun of yourself, then who can!

Announcing is not for everyone, just gotta love to run your mouth for a few bucks, and hopefully entertain some people while youre at it.

That third line is key to being pretty centered......a lot of people can't do that, you saw a bunch of them over the summer on the news.

Don't kid yourself Chris, you do just fine.

MEE
02-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Rueben ? He is the Outlaws announcer? I like him. He is very professional and throws out some fun stuff too.If you are lucky enough to ever get to a track when he is thereyou might be able to give him a big kiss.....

King1
02-05-2021, 09:19 PM
They’re both Cringy, always have been. Especially when James’ head explodes and all he can say is “aaaaaahhhhhh”

It’s also cringy when they scream “they’re side by side going into turn 1” on lap 1. We’ll of course they’re side by side. It’s the start of the race.

Those 2 along with everyone else doing commentary in dirt racing try waaaaaaaay too hard and always find some way to cheese it up.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 05:16 AM
If you are lucky enough to ever get to a track when he is thereyou might be able to give him a big kiss.....I only bat right handed

foxfire2dirtracing
02-06-2021, 07:26 AM
And you don’t attend races!

dirtSLMracing
02-06-2021, 08:24 AM
Sometimes he is a robot.. EVERY TIME someone jumps he says "no harm no foul"

To be technical his statement is not true.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 08:51 AM
I mostly stay within 1.5 hours of Charlotte to attend dirt races. I wanted to get to speed weeks this year but family needs prevented that. Hopefully next year. I have been to other tracks. Fergus Falls for Outlaws race for example. That was cool. Was near by for work. Got lucky.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 09:01 AM
I’d like to see these guys do a real race. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8PVA7Cx9i6Q

BloomerWon
02-06-2021, 10:04 AM
If you are lucky enough to ever get to a track when he is thereyou might be able to give him a big kiss.....

After you've had your lips on him?? Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Them bloomer fans are rough 😜

BloomerWon
02-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Zoe C reminds me of bobby hahahahahaha... Good commentating btw!!

Late_Model_Mark
02-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Barbecueboy
02-06-2021, 12:21 PM
As the sound of crickets fill the air.........

TeNfOMaFiA69
02-06-2021, 12:32 PM
As the sound of crickets fill the air.........

... because Late Model Mark is a tool...

dirtSLMracing
02-06-2021, 12:42 PM
Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Very few people would be very good at anything the first few times they try it. That would be like you getting in a Super Late Model and expecting to sit on the pole the first time behind the wheel. These announcers have been at this announcing gig for a while. Pay attention.

84wedge
02-06-2021, 02:37 PM
Any of you folks griping about these announcers, I'll make you an offer, come to Talladega any regular night, I will fix you up with free all access tickets, you come up to the booth, I will hand you the mic and let you call some races, we all will see how you can do, you folks are so poignant in your analysis and knowledge. Deal? Come on over.Late Model MarkTST AnnouncerAnd there it is, the classic 4m "let's see you do better" fallacy. People say this to ignore valid criticism without acknowleding the criticism is valid. The people with experience should listen to the critiques and decide whether there are things worth changing; the average person after all are the ones paying to see the product being sold. Otherwise, saying "let's see you do better" sounds more like an excuse.

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 02:37 PM
It’s harder than it looks. I totally beI eve that.

Pennsboro32
02-06-2021, 03:15 PM
People are so soft these days.

foxfire2dirtracing
02-06-2021, 03:39 PM
The sad thing is: all of 2020 so many were complaining about tracks being closed. Republicans vs Democrats. Constitutional rights so forth and so on.
Now we are racing in Florida-no restrictions and many of us are down here spending tons of money to see it while most of you are sitting at home watching for free and complaining about the announcers!
Is there anything in life that would satisfy you and make you happy??

Rajflyboy
02-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Good point fox

Late_Model_Mark
02-06-2021, 03:47 PM
I have taken my fair share of criticism for sure. Comes with the turf, just a few posts ago a poster referred to me as a tool, how glib. Some of us are own worst critics. Ya make a speaking mistake and you tell yourself to get it right and move on. Not a do better deal, just try it and see how ya do.

Late Model Mark

dirtSLMracing
02-06-2021, 03:48 PM
The sad thing is: all of 2020 so many were complaining about tracks being closed. Republicans vs Democrats. Constitutional rights so forth and so on.
Now we are racing in Florida-no restrictions and many of us are down here spending tons of money to see it while most of you are sitting at home watching for free and complaining about the announcers!
Is there anything in life that would satisfy you and make you happy??

So because of what happened in 2020 people should not complain about someone doing a poor job? So if I go to Burger King and my order is wrong I should not complain because they were closed 4 months ago due to covid?

dirtSLMracing
02-06-2021, 03:49 PM
Good point fox

Actually it's a dumb point.. like 99% of your posts.

foxfire2dirtracing
02-06-2021, 06:00 PM
DirtSLMracing:

Your point about Burger King is valid.

My point about “complaining about something you are getting for free” is also valid!

Your glass is always half empty-regardless. You should try a little happiness sometime- it will make your life better!

Barbecueboy
02-07-2021, 08:45 AM
So because of what happened in 2020 people should not complain about someone doing a poor job? So if I go to Burger King and my order is wrong I should not complain because they were closed 4 months ago due to covid?

You paid for the whopper and deserve for it to be correct like you ordered and paid for it, I totally get that......The announcing isn't a product that is static like that though, it isn't going to be the same every time.

The race is the burger itself, the announcing is just the condiment ......I'm ok if they put a little too much ketchup on it as long as the burger is cooked well.

Just my point of view

dirtSLMracing
02-07-2021, 08:53 AM
Quote:

DirtSLMracing:

Your point about Burger King is valid.

My point about “complaining about something you are getting for free” is also valid!

Your glass is always half empty-regardless. You should try a little happiness sometime- it will make your life better!
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

I pay a monthly fee for my cable and internet then a yearly subscription for Lucas Oil TV.. so it is not "free"

Regardless of the cost I don't see the connection between the price of something determining to what degree one should be able to be critical of another doing a poor job. Accepting below average as OK seems to be the norm these days.

As far as my half empty glass.. you can call it that.. or the live in reality instead of fantasy land glass.

Highside Hustler25
02-07-2021, 09:32 AM
The race is the burger itself, the announcing is just the condiment ......I'm ok if they put a little too much ketchup on it as long as the burger is cooked well.

Just my point of view

Yes !!!!!!!!! Drop the mic. Good stuff.

EvelB7
02-07-2021, 09:38 AM
You paid for the whopper and deserve for it to be correct like you ordered and paid for it, I totally get that......The announcing isn't a product that is static like that though, it isn't going to be the same every time.The race is the burger itself, the announcing is just the condiment ......I'm ok if they put a little too much ketchup on it as long as the burger is cooked well.Just my point of viewThat is spot on!