PDA

View Full Version : DirtVision video picture.

TUTY
02-04-2021, 09:11 PM
The video on DirtVision is 10x better than Lucasoil TV or MavTv plus or what ever you want to call it. Nothing but a perfect HD picture all night long. Watched Lucas all 6 nights last week and it would go from a HD picture to a 1950’s picture all night long.

TeNfOMaFiA69
02-04-2021, 09:20 PM
All you ever do is kiss WRG/Woo’s a$$... and this is no different... the video is actually the same... Dirtvisions issue is they could be having a battle for the lead yet they will show 2 cars racing for 13th for 6 laps... they never catch the action when they should... needless to say you also have to listen to Ruben...

The picture quality has to do with your internet quality

TUTY
02-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Wow not sure what you are talking about but yes my internet is the same tonight as all of last week. Running at 142 megabits so that should be good with anything?

NeedforLM$peed
02-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Wow not sure what you are talking about

Does anyone? Anyone?

TUTY
02-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Well at any rate the DirtVision live video is very good.

champion24
02-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Generally Lucas is better quality. Last year on most nights, Dirtvision had 1 camera (something like a cell phone) only. It was tough when it was in the grandstand and folks stood up! I do really like the higher camera position now at Volusia. I agree that internet connection is the biggest issue in all video. Wife, kids, etc can slow down a high speed connection. Lucas is only $99 a year for all LOLMDS races, and tons of other stuff too! By far the best deal! At least we can sit at home and watch all of these races LIVE!!

riddle28
02-05-2021, 06:26 AM
sounds like something on your end. ive had lucas for years and bought dirt vision for the mods this month and its definitely not as great

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-05-2021, 06:31 AM
sounds like something on your end. ive had lucas for years and bought dirt vision for the mods this month and its definitely not as great

All the Dirtvision broadcasts I watched were about like a joe blow in the stands with a camera. Better than FB live, but that's about it.

84wedge
02-05-2021, 01:31 PM
All the Dirtvision broadcasts I watched were about like a joe blow in the stands with a camera. Better than FB live, but that's about it.Same here. One camera in the stands and the second best Late Model Dirt Series in North America.

ZERO25
02-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Happens to me every 2-3 races!

Usually a reboot of my router/firestick fixes it!

MEE
02-05-2021, 06:36 PM
The video on DirtVision is 10x better than Lucasoil TV or MavTv plus or what ever you want to call it. Nothing but a perfect HD picture all night long. Watched Lucas all 6 nights last week and it would go from a HD picture to a 1950’s picture all night long.You have lost your mind.Does your daddy work for WRG ?

AllenK
02-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Somewhat O.T.,but is Google Chrome terrible for anyone else now? My laptop is older,but it still ran everything pretty decently up until a few weeks or so ago. Chrome kicks me down to 480 resolution on YT videos in particular.

TDRacin®
02-05-2021, 08:15 PM
Somewhat O.T.,but is Google Chrome terrible for anyone else now? My laptop is older,but it still ran everything pretty decently up until a few weeks or so ago. Chrome kicks me down to 480 resolution on YT videos in particular.

If you click the little round icon in the lower right you should be able to set it to whatever you like. If it's on Auto it will set it to whatever will allow it to run. Try setting it to 1080p and see how it works. The browser should not affect this.

Jking24
02-05-2021, 08:52 PM
I don't care how good their video is when they decided to charge fast pass subscribers for cedar lake last year after advertising that you get every outlaw show with your subscription they saw my last dollar

zyoung25
02-05-2021, 08:56 PM
They look the same to me. I still don't think the whole production is quite as good as LORTV.

TDRacin®
02-05-2021, 09:54 PM
I don't care how good their video is when they decided to charge fast pass subscribers for cedar lake last year after advertising that you get every outlaw show with your subscription they saw my last dollar

A, that's not what they advertise. What they advertise is, watch every Outlaw race live on Dirtvision, which is 100% true. They state that Knoxville and Cedar Lake is not included in the FastPass subscription. B, Cedar Lake has been PPV every year since they started broadcasting. Knoxville has never been included with the FastPass. Those two events have nothing to do with FastPass.

Here's what they state, pay close attention-

Is there a subscription option for DIRTVision?
Yes! Watch EVERY World of Outlaws Sprint Car, World of Outlaws Late Models, DIRTcar Summer Nationals, and Australian events, as well as Knoxville Raceway, Williams Grove Speedway, and Attica Raceway Park weekly events, with a Fast Pass for only $39/month! The Knoxville Nationals, Kings Royal, and USA Nationals are not included in the Fast Pass.

And,

Blackout Races

The FAST PASS gives you access to every live event on DIRTVision.com except for the Corn Belt Nationals, Knoxville Nationals, Kings Royal, and USA Nationals.

It sucks, and I agree they are slick about it, but it's really no different than all the people you see bitching about FloRacing not being $12.50 a month. It is, but only after you pay for a year up front. It's still one hellofa deal. And they still offer it for $30 a month, most just don't know or know how to get it. ;)

I would direct any comments toward those two tracks. They make that decision.

DLC
02-05-2021, 10:13 PM
that is true TDRACIN

but the way they go about it is very deceiving.

the print says that but when they advertise by mouth while
you r watching in they dont say these races r not included in the
fast pass. they say watch every WOO race live.

now am i rite or not.

TDRacin®
02-05-2021, 11:34 PM
that is true TDRACIN

but the way they go about it is very deceiving.

the print says that but when they advertise by mouth while
you r watching in they dont say these races r not included in the
fast pass. they say watch every WOO race live.

now am i rite or not.

Yes, but nowhere does it say, "Every WOO race live on Fast Pass". It says "Every race live". The deceiving part is this is shown just above the $39 per month Fast Pass.

Interesting enough I found this while scanning the site. The second part could lead one to believe that all of those events are included in the Fast Pass when they aren't. The addition of the Platinum Pass now includes the Knoxville nationals at least and you can save quite a bit by signing up for a year. I think I spent more than $300 last year without buying every month. Cedar Lake and the Cornbelt Nationals are the only two events not included and it's cheaper this year on top of it!

LIVE FAST PASS Subscription
Watch EVERY World of Outlaws Sprint Car & Late Model Series event, Super DIRTcar Series, Australian events, Xtreme DIRTcar Series and the DIRTcar Summer Nationals with a Fast Pass for only $39/month!
The Knoxville Nationals WILL be incluced in the Platinum Fast Pass Subscription. Knoxville Nationals, USA Nationals and the Corn Belt Nationals ARE NOT included in the Monthly Fast Pass Subscription.

LIVE Single-Event Pay-Per-View
Every World of Outlaws Sprint Car race
Every World of Outlaws Late Model race
DIRTcar Summer Nationals
Knoxville Raceway Championship Cup Series
Knoxville Nationals
USA Nationals
360 Knoxville Nationals
And more!

DirtyD31
02-05-2021, 11:40 PM
I never seen that when I signed up on DOD before they had there website. Said all WRG show that where available, like summer nationals, and all outlaw races. I canceled mine for the same reason as Jking24. WGR is the nascar of dirt racing, and they r in it for the money like a monster truck show, I won’t pay another dime for there streaming. I do miss having it, and will still attend any close races they sanction with a good field. I like Flo and lortv, and believe there a lot more honest.

Andrews42FAN
02-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Dunno man, the Lucas camera guy must be from the same family as he displays the same stellar knack for panning back into the pack where nothing of real significance is taking place when a battle for the lead just heats up. I get it, they want fans to see their guy and sponsors to get the air time, but its uncanny how it happens at just the wrong moment a good amount of time.

Dlmfan123
02-06-2021, 09:49 AM
These are the most petty complaints I've ever seen. Remember 2 years ago when each live face was like 25-30 bucks? And it was only a Lucas or outlaw show here and there?

DLC
02-06-2021, 09:54 AM
I paid for 5 months last year and I swore not to pay for it
any more.I've stayed true to my statement so far and
honestly have not missed them.

When I watched it they had 1 (camera) more like a flip phone.

I had to MUTE it and that takes a lot of enjoyment out of it.

They say $39 monthly but it's actually billed every 28 days
which ends up being 13 payments a year.

I'm glad a lot of people think its great but I dont like it.

I wont even go to watch them for the simple reason that
I cant mute them.

I'll stick with Lucas & Flo-DOD and go to tracks every weekend
when they get fired up.

84wedge
02-06-2021, 10:27 AM
I haven't watched a dirtvision race this season but I remember the camera not being where the announcer was plenty of times and that was bad.

AllenK
02-06-2021, 12:15 PM
If you click the little round icon in the lower right you should be able to set it to whatever you like. If it's on Auto it will set it to whatever will allow it to run. Try setting it to 1080p and see how it works. The browser should not affect this.

TD,I have the YT settings set to where videos play in HD by default. Even Google Maps works slow with Chrome. I have Firefox,and it seems to do a better job for now. However,not too long ago Chrome worked just as good or better.

Jking24
02-06-2021, 12:22 PM
I like many others had fast pass through the dod and dirtvision partnership and we got every woo race included. Cedar lake included. Dod was under the impression that they were going to be showing the event up until a week or two before the show. The stuff you posted is how they have it worded now not how it was. I know for a fact i watched cedar lake in 19 with only my fast pass subscription.

TDRacin®
02-06-2021, 01:03 PM
I like many others had fast pass through the dod and dirtvision partnership and we got every woo race included. Cedar lake included. Dod was under the impression that they were going to be showing the event up until a week or two before the show. The stuff you posted is how they have it worded now not how it was. I know for a fact i watched cedar lake in 19 with only my fast pass subscription.

That is not true. Cedar Lake has always been a PPV event. Sorry, but you did not watch it without paying a separate fee for it.

Here's a thread on it in 2019, clearly stating it wasn't- http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?392003-Dirt-Vision&highlight=cedar+lake

Here's DOD sharing the PPV link- http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?391926-Watch-Cedar-Lake-s-USA-Nationals-LIVE-at-DirtonDirt-com!&highlight=cedar+lake

Note: The USA Nationals event is not included with the DIRTVision FastPass Fueled by DirtonDirt.com.

In 2020, DOD thought they had viewing rights to the race, which at the time would be included with Flo, but that was false information.

I haven't watched a dirtvision race this season but I remember the camera not being where the announcer was plenty of times and that was bad.

This is a problem that plagues all current broadcasting teams. The problem is they all lack a quality director. That's either due to a lack of manpower, lack of ability to do the job correctly or they don't have the technology to do it. Certainly frustrating every time the announcer sees a good battle that cameras aren't showing or the cameras inexplicably switch from an awesome battle to something completely irrelevant. Maybe one day that area will be addressed. It's probably not a cheap option for any team to do correctly!

TBSprintFan
02-06-2021, 04:41 PM
I paid for 5 months last year and I swore not to pay for it
any more.I've stayed true to my statement so far and
honestly have not missed them.

When I watched it they had 1 (camera) more like a flip phone.

I had to MUTE it and that takes a lot of enjoyment out of it.

They say $39 monthly but it's actually billed every 28 days
which ends up being 13 payments a year.

I'm glad a lot of people think its great but I dont like it.

I wont even go to watch them for the simple reason that
I cant mute them.

I'll stick with Lucas & Flo-DOD and go to tracks every weekend
when they get fired up.

Same here, plus way over priced especially for the quality of picture. And when they advertise by person during a race they do say watch every WoO race for only $39. a month. Eckleman says that many times a night.

Jking24
02-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Td your clearly right in regards to cedar lake maybe it was just the straw that broke the camels back for me after i thought i was getting out through dod and then didn't. I personally feel like dod paved the way for most of online streaming of dirt latemodel racing. I know their were other platforms doing it before them but they brought it to the mainstream affordably. I feel like lucas first and now dirtvision/woo have turned their back on dod and are actively trying to essentially cut them out of the game they started. Dirtvision was already on the pricey side but i loved it for the summer nationals but i can go with out it and do agree with the camera comments. Lucas has it from time to time but not nearly as bad

ZERO25
02-06-2021, 05:57 PM
Ummmm, why cant the cameramen have a headset that is tied to the announcers?

Racer headsets are very economical. Ill make them a deal on one! lol