PDA

View Full Version : Bristol to be "Invite-Only"

zach51
02-15-2021, 04:41 PM
Should be interesting to see who gets invited......All WOO regulars I'm sure, but aside from that..

HoosierDirtFan
02-15-2021, 04:58 PM
Should be interesting to see who gets invited......All WOO regulars I'm sure, but aside from that..

Only for the 2 World Of Outlaws races.

zach51
02-15-2021, 05:11 PM
Only for the 2 World Of Outlaws races.

Yeah I thought what I said there was pretty clear...

jp631989
02-15-2021, 05:26 PM
You didn't say for the WoO race. You just said WoO regulars would be invited. Some could take that for all the late model races at Bristol. Hoosier was just clarifying.

WisWildManFan
02-15-2021, 08:13 PM
What is supposed to be the point of this?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-15-2021, 08:17 PM
What is supposed to be the point of this?

Some people don't want "trash" at "Crown Jewell" events.

BTExpress
02-15-2021, 08:50 PM
To keep the squirrels away. The speeds will be fast enough, let alone dodging lappers going 30 mph slower.

WisWildManFan
02-15-2021, 09:20 PM
Is the sprint show going to be the same deal?

Josh Bayko
02-15-2021, 09:47 PM
This is going to end up being much ado about nothing. Lucas is racing elsewhere that weekend, and I doubt the Midwestern dudes used to bullrings are even going to be interested in racing it. I doubt they even get to the 45 cars they’re going to invite. Teams are going to find out exactly how hard it is on cars at the Bristol Dirt Nationals and decide it’s not worth it when the WoO comes around.

Josh Bayko
02-15-2021, 09:51 PM
Is the sprint show going to be the same deal?

Yes, and let’s be serious, anybody expecting big car counts at a track that’s roughly ten hours from the nearest 410 track and the season will have already started at those 410 tracks by then is pants on head retarded.

NeedforLM$peed
02-15-2021, 11:29 PM
Wait... It's ok for the $50k event but for the WoO event it's invite only?

dirtcrazy4u
02-16-2021, 05:19 AM
I don't know if there is a weekend open that you could have both series attend for the late models. If so, then that's just poor planning. After seeing the lucas guys leave florida after east bay makes me wonder how many would go if there was no conflicts. How did this race get to the crown jewel level ? It's a gimmick that a nascrap promotor is doing, nothing more. He's believing the stands will be full, just like years ago. I doubt that very much.

The sprint cars are going to have the smaller field of cars. Central pa guys are not going to flock to the place. Unless they get some heavy incentives. The 69k did tow to Arizona. The grove and port royal are paying big dollars to stay home this year.

Josh Bayko
02-16-2021, 07:11 AM
Wait... It's ok for the $50k event but for the WoO event it's invite only?

The 50k at Bristol, Texas and Vegas is unrelated to either national series.

lastplacecar
02-16-2021, 09:09 AM
Some people don't want "trash" at "Crown Jewell" events.

Maybe all the “trash” should stay away from all the other events and Crown Jewels WOO has.

NeedforLM$peed
02-16-2021, 09:19 AM
The 50k at Bristol, Texas and Vegas is unrelated to either national series.

I knew that...

3 wide
02-16-2021, 01:34 PM
Well they can do what ever they want to do about inviting cars but there big problem is the race track will be wore out any way they want to do it everybody knows it's hard to keep moisture in dirt on asphalt or concrete so if they try to rework it going to take forever going to be interesting.

NeedforLM$peed
02-16-2021, 02:07 PM
Why would it be wore out? The surface has been layed almost a month ago now. The first race is March 20th I believe and the WoO events are April 10th.

MRM
02-16-2021, 02:09 PM
Which race is invite only and where was this posted?

foxfire2dirtracing
02-16-2021, 02:23 PM
WOO in April is invite only.
Posted on WOO website and DOD.

Barbecueboy
02-16-2021, 02:46 PM
I'm guessing it's just to keep the show moving along more than anything............using the old Pareto 80/20 principle as a guide.

06Tireman
02-16-2021, 06:58 PM
My feeling is its because of safety.. I don't think they want any joe blow driver showing up there with hardly any experience being 30 mph slower and causing issues.. And you know its gonna attract a few of them because its Bristol.. The speed is gonna be scary fast as it is, let alone having to deal with a car being way off the pace and possibly causing issues...

NeedforLM$peed
02-16-2021, 07:46 PM
My feeling is its because of safety.. I don't think they want any joe blow driver showing up there with hardly any experience being 30 mph slower and causing issues.. And you know its gonna attract a few of them because its Bristol.. The speed is gonna be scary fast as it is, let alone having to deal with a car being way off the pace and possibly causing issues...
But they can be there for the $50k race? Doesn't make sense.

They were turning the same or faster times at Volusia last week as they were in the early 00's at Bristol.

LeafMaster41
02-17-2021, 07:52 AM
"Invite-Only", yes lets make DLM even more "Elite-est" than ever, like writing rules that favor those with the biggest budgets. 20 years ago when this was done the first time it was no issue for anyone to come because the heats easily separated who was ready and who wasn't, but blocking admission is about as Un-American as it gets. I'm guessing Mitch McConnell & Mitt Romney are writing the rules... A better approach in my book would be to have qualifying events leading up to the Bristol deal, like the original Hav A Tampa shootout. Take top 6 finishers(or however many) from different events around the country as qualifiers, then at least a man can race his way to it, instead of cronyism, "I like you, but I don't like you." The only issue that comes to mind was the first year with breaking lite weight wheels, I remember because Duralite ran an adv after with the plug, "The only wheel to survive Bristol". I abhor Elitism and Cronyism, so I won't be supporting this, I think America has had its fill with special treatment, havent you? Another idea would simply put in a performance specification for qualifying, you have to be within so many percent of the pole speed or you can't race, but no, we don't need a doorman deciding who can enter and who can't.

jp631989
02-17-2021, 08:05 AM
I don't understand all the commotion when the racer list or how many are evening going to be there hasn't even been announced yet. Just people b!tching cause they like to b!tch. Also if you don't like it, don't go...easy as that. It is your right to make that choice if you want to watch or not. Racers don't have the right to race anywhere they want to.

Jking24
02-17-2021, 08:46 AM
But they can be there for the $50k race? Doesn't make sense.They were turning the same or faster times at Volusia last week as they were in the early 00's at Bristol.Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for

NeedforLM$peed
02-17-2021, 08:57 AM
Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for
That response was laughable and a waste of time

stock car driver
02-17-2021, 09:11 AM
The banking is only 18 degrees way less than last time, I dont think its going to be anything special.

MRM
02-17-2021, 02:10 PM
WOO in April is invite only.
Posted on WOO website and DOD.

Thanks.

I talked to someone who was in Florida and it sounds like most top teams (minus Lucas who have races scheduled) will be skipping Bristol in March to see how it goes and whether they go in April. We'll see. People tend to change their mind once it gets closer to race time.

Josh Bayko
02-17-2021, 03:15 PM
They were never going to have big car counts for either of the WoO shows. They should have just made it mandatory to preregister and they would have seen where interest was actually at and they could have avoided this PR nightmare

Dlmfan123
02-17-2021, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the woo races are gonna be live tv races. And they don't want every squid d!ck and there brother out there

dirtcrazy4u
02-17-2021, 09:02 PM
Wasn't I-55 a paved track that they put dirt over. That was a 1/2 mile with some banking. To dang old to remember but I'm sure someone does. I think this Bristol deal isn't going to be anything near what the first go around was. The teams that were there on the first go around remember how hard the place was on equipment.

Highside Hustler25
02-18-2021, 07:42 AM
"Invite-Only", yes lets make DLM even more "Elite-est" than ever, like writing rules that favor those with the biggest budgets. 20 years ago when this was done the first time it was no issue for anyone to come because the heats easily separated who was ready and who wasn't, but blocking admission is about as Un-American as it gets. I'm guessing Mitch McConnell & Mitt Romney are writing the rules... A better approach in my book would be to have qualifying events leading up to the Bristol deal, like the original Hav A Tampa shootout. Take top 6 finishers(or however many) from different events around the country as qualifiers, then at least a man can race his way to it, instead of cronyism, "I like you, but I don't like you." The only issue that comes to mind was the first year with breaking lite weight wheels, I remember because Duralite ran an adv after with the plug, "The only wheel to survive Bristol". I abhor Elitism and Cronyism, so I won't be supporting this, I think America has had its fill with special treatment, havent you? Another idea would simply put in a performance specification for qualifying, you have to be within so many percent of the pole speed or you can't race, but no, we don't need a doorman deciding who can enter and who can't.

Just a kind way of saying, leave your 1984 Rayburn at home.

50Dixon50
02-18-2021, 08:05 AM
Wasn't I-55 a paved track that they put dirt over. That was a 1/2 mile with some banking. To dang old to remember but I'm sure someone does. I think this Bristol deal isn't going to be anything near what the first go around was. The teams that were there on the first go around remember how hard the place was on equipment.

When wasI-55 ever a paved track or a half mile where did get that information from.

EvelB7
02-18-2021, 08:08 AM
I-70, High banked with dirt on top. Only attended a couple of races back in early 80's, but some great races (both Sprints and Late Models on the bill). Friendship in North Carolina is a small version as it is dirt on pavement, 18 degrees as well.

Action10
02-18-2021, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure the woo races are gonna be live tv races. And they don't want every squid d!ck and there brother out thereDo we have info on these being live tv races?

Jking24
02-18-2021, 09:49 PM
Do we have info on these being live tv races?All woo races are live on dirtvision so the info should be on their website

NeedforLM$peed
02-18-2021, 10:09 PM
Isn't every WoO race on dirtvision?

dirtcrazy4u
02-19-2021, 07:53 AM
Sorry, said I-55, when it was I -70.

bleedblue55
02-19-2021, 09:43 AM
WOO Bristol races are on Dirtvision, Bristol Dirt Nationals are on racerXR.com at $34.99 a month for subscription. From the Bristol website: No Coolers allowed inside of the grandstand gates for this event.

To comply with social distancing, coolers will not be allowed. Unopened food and drinks are allowed, but must be in a clear bag no larger than 14x14x14 inches in diameter. (Please see Prohibited List for more information). Protocals for Bristol races:
COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS

Bristol Motor Speedway’s modified event procedures, protocols and number of attendees will be under the guidance of public health officials, medical experts, and local, state and federal officials. Protocols will include social distancing, enhanced sanitation in high-touch public areas and added hand sanitizer stations.

The safety of our fans and employees is our top priority. These safety precautions have been put in place to keep you safe. Please follow our guidelines closely.

All Fans and Team Members are required to Wear face Masks

All team members are required to wear a face mask at all times. Fans are required to wear a face mask when they arrive, while entering the gates and in high traffic areas. Fans may feel free to remove their mask when they are in their assigned seat location.

Social Distancing Required in all high traffic areas, gate entry and grandstand seating.

Social distancing will be required amongst groups of fans in the grandstands and individually in concession lines and restrooms.

SCREENING PROTOCOLS

Non-Invasive Temperature Checks on all Suite Guests and Grandstand Guests at gate entry.

All Suite Guests and Grandstand Guests will be required to have a non-invasive temperature check before entering the gates.

Temperature Check for all employees

All Employees, Teams, Officials and Industry Employees will be required to have a temperature check upon entering Bristol Motor Speedway grounds.

SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS

No contact on ticket scanning or concessions transaction

All tickets will be e-tickets and scanned on the fans’ mobile devices when entering the gates. All concessions will only accept credit or debit card transactions.

No cash will be accepted at any concessions.

All parking passes will be scanned upon entry

All parking passes must be reserved prior to the event (including accessible parking). Parking permits will be e-tickets and scanned upon entering the parking areas.

No Trams or Shuttles available, except for Accessible Parking areas for this event.

Trams and Shuttles, if available, will be limited to mobility limited fans with limited spaces to ensure social distancing.

No Coolers allowed inside of the grandstand gates for this event.

To comply with social distancing, coolers will not be allowed. Unopened food and drinks are allowed, but must be in a clear bag no larger than 14x14x14 inches in diameter. (Please see Prohibited List for more information).

SANITIZATION AND DISINFECTION PROTOCOLS

Cleaning and Disinfecting high traffic areas.

Based on CDC Guideline, a certified cleaning crew will increase frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and locations.

Use of Hand Sanitizer

BMS has strategically placed hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the BMS facility, including in high traffic areas such as near concession stands and concourse walking areas. Guests are encouraged to use hand sanitizer frequently while at BMS.

Employee PPE

All BMS staff will be provided masks/facial coverings for use when they are in close contact with other persons. Additionally, employees who may come in contact with others or because of their unique roles that come in contact with fans will wear gloves during the event.

Restrooms will be frequently monitored

All restrooms will be frequently monitored with personnel who will disinfect all high touch areas within the restrooms on a regular basis.

Concessions Condiments / Topping Stations

Ketchup, mustard and other condiments will now be securely stored and served to guests upon request.

Dlmfan123
02-19-2021, 11:33 AM
Ashley stremme said somthing about it on a podcast I listened to the other day that there is announcement coming

Action10
02-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Isn't every WoO race on dirtvision?I was meaning actual tv as opposed to streaming.

ZERO25
02-20-2021, 01:47 PM
Sounds like TN needs to have Desantis re-write their guidelines! ....geez!

zyoung25
02-20-2021, 09:49 PM

It's funny you say that, because when we were in Gatlinburg Tennessee a couple months ago, nobody cared about social distancing or masks, just like it was when we were at east bay last month. I got a good buddy that's down there right now with his family, and it's still the same.

They're probably pushing it so hard because nascar has their name all over it.

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape. Me and the wife both just went through having covid last week. We wear our masks and done what were told to do, it didn't matter.

ZERO25
02-20-2021, 10:03 PM
Stalker! lol

I was in Gatlinburg the week after Christmas and Eastbay for the Lucas races. How many times did we pass each other?lol

Desantis has proven in our state that lockdowns arent necessary. He has fought very hard to find the right balance between keeping our residents safe and keeping our economy going.

NeedforLM$peed
02-20-2021, 11:49 PM
DeSantis isn't afraid to stand up to the media either. They know he's a political threat for office in 2024 and they have already begun to drag him through the mud.

50Dixon50
02-21-2021, 08:11 AM
Kyle Larson coming

LeafMaster41
02-21-2021, 10:42 AM
...Racers don't have the "right to race anywhere they want to."

Actually the constitution says, they do according to the "equal protection" clause. Is this FB or Twitter, am I only allowed to comment if I agree with you? No, it isn't. I gave my POV and even some possible solutions to allow equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Elitism needs to go. And you are correct, I can and will exercise my right to boycott by not watching or attending. Good day.

fryefan
02-21-2021, 08:22 PM

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

fryefan
02-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for

Agreed. Also, Mike Van Gendren (who is putting on the other shows) runs a very tight program and can run off a lot of races in an efficient manner.

fryefan
02-21-2021, 08:32 PM

No one is forcing anyone to go to this event. If people don't like the protocols that have been set forth, then they are free to not go. It is as simple as that.

bleedblue55
02-21-2021, 08:52 PM
I'm going to the WOO late model event. Could care less about wearing mask for entry, just glad I don't have to after getting to my seat.

NeedforLM$peed
02-22-2021, 11:07 AM
What's the point of invite only if Blake Spencer got one. Although I believe he's running the tour full time so not sure why the "announcement".

MRM
02-22-2021, 12:05 PM
It's more about Bristol Motor Speedway's guidelines than Tennessee's. We've been wide open (race tracks) since late May. Had record setting crowds at Tazewell in late May and another at Smoky Mountain for the Lucas race in mid June. Bristol is just enacting the same protocols they have in place for NASCAR races.

gb81racing
02-22-2021, 12:27 PM
Kyle Larson coming

Kyle Larson is going to the Bristol Dirt Nationals. Doesn’t know yet if he’s going to the invite only WoO races

dirtcrazy4u
02-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Whats the word on how many invites will be sent out ?

slideiton
02-22-2021, 01:25 PM
Rumblings on the Sprint Car side are about 50 invites, but then again Woo Sprint format is different than Woo LM format.

WisWildManFan
02-22-2021, 01:48 PM
Larson won’t be at WoO late model event... well maybe he could race Friday night I guess. Running martinsville Saturday night in cup series.

WisWildManFan
02-22-2021, 01:49 PM
Rumblings on the Sprint Car side are about 50 invites, but then again Woo Sprint format is different than Woo LM format.What’s the difference?

slideiton
02-22-2021, 02:44 PM
One of the big differences is the Sprints don't have a 6 heat format for car counts over 49.

Raceready
02-22-2021, 04:00 PM
Kyle Larson comingMight as well just fill out the winners check in his name already then ! !

Josh Bayko
02-22-2021, 04:58 PM
It’s my understanding to be 45 for each of the divisions in the WRG shows.

TeNfOMaFiA69
02-22-2021, 05:29 PM
Might as well just fill out the winners check in his name already then ! !

Kyle Larson will be at the March race... the invite only deal is for the WoO race in April

dirtcrazy4u
02-22-2021, 07:14 PM
45 for each means if you did not support woo in some form don't hold your breath for that invite.

Josh Bayko
02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
45 for each means if you did not support woo in some form don't hold your breath for that invite.

They are unlikely to get 45 late models or UMP mods

They won’t get anywhere near 45 sprints.

They’ll get near 45 big blocks though. Them dudes travel surprisingly well, and it’s stoll really unlikely they’ll actual race around home this season anyways.

I think announcing the limits was really shortsighted. They really should have announced mandatory pre-entry and saw where car counts were actually gonna be. They could have called it if they got to their desired number and avoided this whole hullabaloo.

fryefan
02-22-2021, 11:14 PM
I don't think they will have any problem getting 45 cars in any of those classes. In fact, there will be a lot more that want to go that won't be able to.

dirtcrazy4u
02-23-2021, 05:37 AM
45 slm is cutting off quality cars. Sprints, not a issue, I don't feel you going to see that many show up in the first place. As for the mod guys, who knows. That may be interesting.

NeedforLM$peed
02-23-2021, 10:54 AM
Kyle Larson who? Make the check out now for Bobby

WisWildManFan
02-23-2021, 11:48 AM
I think all 4 divisions will be full, we will see.

Barbecueboy
02-23-2021, 11:57 AM
Kyle Larson who? Make the check out now for Bobby

Sparks will be flying.....kidding aside, it's going to be cool as all hell to see him plant that right rear up against the Bristol cushion.

NeedforLM$peed
02-23-2021, 12:16 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2749598605295541&id=106405721328088

3 wide
02-23-2021, 03:54 PM
I don't know if anybody has ever looked at the schedule of events they are going to run ever night for a week that is going to be one wore out race track it might start out the fastest half mile it will be the slowest when they get done with it.

Josh Bayko
02-23-2021, 05:45 PM
I don't know if anybody has ever looked at the schedule of events they are going to run ever night for a week that is going to be one wore out race track it might start out the fastest half mile it will be the slowest when they get done with it.

The first event is definitely going to be an absolute clusterf*ck, but the two WoO shows are two divisions each.

3 wide
02-23-2021, 06:30 PM
I agree the woo show should be really good.

Dlmfan123
02-23-2021, 08:08 PM
Hudson oneal posted today they turned down the invite to go

NeedforLM$peed
02-23-2021, 08:28 PM
Owens has it on his schedule. Don't think they've "officially" announced him yet.

dirtcrazy4u
02-23-2021, 09:32 PM
Smart move by Hudson and team. Place is going to be brutal on equipment.

Action10
03-02-2021, 02:20 PM
Ashley stremme said somthing about it on a podcast I listened to the other day that there is announcement comingDid we hear anymore about this being on live tv or are they just making a big deal out of this event being on DirtVision like every other series race already is?

Dlmfan123
03-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Woo sprint race director explained the reason of invite only on open red this week. Only have room for about 80 haulers in the pits and they don't want to open and close the gate all night

TeNfOMaFiA69
03-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Woo sprint race director explained the reason of invite only on open red this week. Only have room for about 80 haulers in the pits and they don't want to open and close the gate all night

Just more indication that the March 50k race will be a complete an utter $hit$how

3 wide
03-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Just more indication that the March 50k race will be a complete an utter $hit$howYou got that right plus they have already cut out hot laps starting to see the hand writing on the wall.

dirtcrazy4u
03-07-2021, 05:01 PM
They cut out hot laps ? Really ? WherE did you hear this ? So if you guessed wrong on gear or spring and shocks your pretty much done.

HoosierDirtFan
03-07-2021, 05:06 PM
They cut out hot laps ? Really ? WherE did you hear this ? So if you guessed wrong on gear or spring and shocks your pretty much done.

They have a practice the Saturday and or Sunday before the week of racing. They won't hot lap at the beginning of each night because they feel there will already be a lot of laps and the track and don't want to wear out the track surface.

dirtcrazy4u
03-07-2021, 05:13 PM
This is a dirt surface isn't it ? I guess it's just not that hard to set up a car for dirt.