PDA

View Full Version : Fort Payne, Bama Brawl

hardracer32
02-23-2021, 08:39 AM
How sad was the turnout for that race in the stands and on the track? I mean, wow! From what I've seen that track never gets a ton of cars but what is the deal?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2021, 12:35 PM
How sad was the turnout for that race in the stands and on the track? I mean, wow! From what I've seen that track never gets a ton of cars but what is the deal?You read up on it on DoD and it sounded awful. 3 cars finished, I believe the 3rd car was 4 laps down.

Morgs153
02-23-2021, 12:36 PM
So in the results I read they had 13 cars for a winner's share of $4500. The third place car was four laps down.

What was up with that? Was the track just so rough and out of shape? Did the baker's dozen of cars just run each other rough and wreck a bunch of stuff? What insight can someone provide?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2021, 12:42 PM
So in the results I read they had 13 cars for a winner's share of $4500. The third place car was four laps down.

What was up with that? Was the track just so rough and out of shape? Did the baker's dozen of cars just run each other rough and wreck a bunch of stuff? What insight can someone provide?I believe a couple guys were late to the line up, or had flats, Seawright, and maybe Tidmore, not 100%.

But one didn’t go out at all and another guy made like 6 laps. Not saying it was them, but they were two I remember being mentioned with issues.

NeedforLM$peed
02-23-2021, 12:56 PM
Reading the DoD racewire sounds like there was quite the drama. Even before the race started...

2 came to the lineup with the wrong rr tire.

Morrow being one of them parked after 6 laps

Seawright the other had a flat leading and lost a lap in the pits. Then he parked at the next caution after talking to officials.

First and second place wrecked each other

During that caution Dalton Polston was black flagged for almost hitting an official.

Also during that caution Josh Putnam parked for the rest of the event.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2021, 03:50 PM
Reading the DoD racewire sounds like there was quite the drama. Even before the race started...

2 came to the lineup with the wrong rr tire.

Morrow being one of them parked after 6 laps

Seawright the other had a flat leading and lost a lap in the pits. Then he parked at the next caution after talking to officials.

First and second place wrecked each other

During that caution Dalton Polston was black flagged for almost hitting an official.

Also during that caution Josh Putnam parked for the rest of the event.Yeah man, I truly couldn’t remember. For that few of cars their drama was outta control.

Late_Model_Mark
02-23-2021, 06:19 PM
I believe they had 160 cars.

LMM

dirt crow
02-24-2021, 02:37 PM
One of my spy’s went. Said track was beyond awful. He’ll never go again. ....Late models have no business racing on this track. It’s a bomber division track. It’s junk.

NeedforLM$peed
02-24-2021, 02:58 PM
Watch the Hunt to Front video from Jesse racing last week and see how rough that track was at Southern Raceway. Sheesh.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-24-2021, 05:33 PM
I believe they had 160 cars.

LMMIn late models they only had 13-15.

3 wide
02-24-2021, 06:25 PM
They had 160 cars because they had 9 classes an paid extra money in every class.