NeedforLM$peed
02-26-2021, 01:05 AM
She was 93.

Rajflyboy
02-26-2021, 04:36 AM
Wow. These folks live long 👍👍. RIP. The Baltes built an amazing racetrack

harleysanddirt
02-26-2021, 04:58 AM
RIP. Prayers for the family and friends. Been seeing her and an having an occasional chat every year since ‘95. She definitely was a special person.

dirtcrazy4u
02-26-2021, 05:15 AM
She is in a place we're her and earl are reunited. RIP

STRONGERTHANDIRT
02-26-2021, 08:43 AM
Condolences to the Baltes family and friends.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-26-2021, 09:17 AM
They were such a great couple. Him running the track, her running the kitchen I believe.

To stay together that whole time, they were doing something right.

Now they are reunited, hopefully dancing the night away.

chathamracefan
02-26-2021, 09:54 AM
RIP - the Queen of Eldora is now reunited with the King. Safe to say there will never be another pair quite like them in the race track business.

BloomerWon
02-26-2021, 11:10 AM
God has brought Earl's bride home, RIP.

Driver50x
03-01-2021, 10:22 PM
That is a big loss to the racing community. RIP to a very special lady.

Eldora > Your Track
03-02-2021, 12:36 AM
RIP Bernice. You and Earl did so much for dirt track racing.

Cool story. When I was 5-6 years old, My Dad took me to an indoor go kart race. I think it was at Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. We ran into Earl and Bernice on the concourse, so Dad had to introduce me to them. Earl gave me a dollar bill out of his pocket and put his initials on it. He told me "next time you see me, show me this dollar bill. I will give you another dollar bill each time you do". I was too young to see how cool this was and I never did ask him for another. I had the dollar bill framed for several years. Then me being young and dumb, I took it out and spent it. Now being 32, it would be great piece in my man cave. Nevertheless, such a great memory of the Baltes family.

TDRacin®
03-03-2021, 07:55 AM
RIP Bernice. You and Earl did so much for dirt track racing.

Cool story. When I was 5-6 years old, My Dad took me to an indoor go kart race. I think it was at Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. We ran into Earl and Bernice on the concourse, so Dad had to introduce me to them. Earl gave me a dollar bill out of his pocket and put his initials on it. He told me "next time you see me, show me this dollar bill. I will give you another dollar bill each time you do". I was too young to see how cool this was and I never did ask him for another. I had the dollar bill framed for several years. Then me being young and dumb, I took it out and spent it. Now being 32, it would be great piece in my man cave. Nevertheless, such a great memory of the Baltes family.

Ha! My son did this for a number of years! The last time he did it he was about 13 or 14 and he went into the tower to get both him and Berneice to sign it. I have a bunch of pictures of it. Unfortunately like you, I can't find the that dollar bill anywhere now. :( Such a great couple! Those two were as much about my love for the place as the racing!