PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Dirt Nationals Pit Pass Question

FlatTire
02-27-2021, 03:24 PM
I cant get the people putting on this race to respond.

Can you buy pit passes the day of (Fri and Saturday) and there not be any limitations? I was concerned they might only sell x-number of pit passes.

When I try to buy grand stand seats, at first it shows there are some available but when you select actual seats it says they are all sold out.

dirtSLMracing
02-27-2021, 05:59 PM
According to the link I provided you can buy a pit pass for Friday/Saturday for $50 per day. I have no idea if they will limit the sales. That is an important piece of information to have before making the drive. If I had to guess I would say they will not limit pit pass sales.

https://racexr.com/events/bristoldirt/

AHydro23
02-27-2021, 06:18 PM
Are the pits only in the infield? Are pit passes only for the pits? I know some tracks you can add pit passes to reserved seats. Some you are stuck in the pit area for the whole race.

jeffreymo
02-27-2021, 11:46 PM
Are the pits only in the infield? Are pit passes only for the pits? I know some tracks you can add pit passes to reserved seats. Some you are stuck in the pit area for the whole race.
Bristol doesn't have a tunnel, so I would guess that you would have to stay in the pits once the races start

kd1
02-28-2021, 12:11 AM
Bristol doesn't have a tunnel, so I would guess that you would have to stay in the pits once the races start
Bristol does have 2 pedestrian tunnels ... one in turn 3 near vehicle crossover gate and one over near turn 4.

ftfiowa
02-28-2021, 01:40 AM
i thought that there was going to be a section of the grandstands in the turn 3 area that was designated for pit pass holders?

dirtcrazy4u
02-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Sold out ? Well that's interesting, how many fans did they allow ?

GEAR_HEAD
02-28-2021, 09:48 AM
I cant get the people putting on this race to respond.

Can you buy pit passes the day of (Fri and Saturday) and there not be any limitations? I was concerned they might only sell x-number of pit passes.

When I try to buy grand stand seats, at first it shows there are some available but when you select actual seats it says they are all sold out.

Were you trying to buy weekend passes? Those were only sold in a limited amount of pairs of seats and they are sold out. You can still buy individual Friday and Saturday tickets though. Based on my estimation it looks like they're selling around 14,000 tickets or so on the spectator side.

foxfire2dirtracing
02-28-2021, 10:37 AM
Gear_Head
Thanks for the 14,000 info- I was curious to that number. We bought our tickets w to both the March and April races when they first went on sale.
What is strange: All spectator seating for March is on side B (back-straightaway) and all seating for the April WOO is on side A - front straightaway!

GEAR_HEAD
02-28-2021, 01:00 PM
Gear_Head
Thanks for the 14,000 info- I was curious to that number. We bought our tickets w to both the March and April races when they first went on sale.
What is strange: All spectator seating for March is on side B (back-straightaway) and all seating for the April WOO is on side A - front straightaway!

That's only because of the larger amount of pit space that's required for the Dirt Nationals. They will have to pit behind the traditional frontstretch for that event.

gb81racing
02-28-2021, 02:26 PM
i thought that there was going to be a section of the grandstands in the turn 3 area that was designated for pit pass holders?

That is correct. The pits will have a section in the grandstands to sit

PushinDad
02-28-2021, 05:25 PM
That's only because of the larger amount of pit space that's required for the Dirt Nationals. They will have to pit behind the traditional frontstretch for that event. Front stretch for the March race will be on the normal back stretch. That is why spectator tickets are on the "normal" backstretch.

GEAR_HEAD
02-28-2021, 06:41 PM
Front stretch for the March race will be on the normal back stretch. That is why spectator tickets are on the "normal" backstretch.

Yep, that's what I said. Lol

dirtSLMracing
02-28-2021, 06:52 PM
Yep, that's what I said. Lol

Are they putting up a flag stand on the backstretch OR will the start finish line still be on the front OR do you not know at this time?

GEAR_HEAD
03-01-2021, 07:07 AM
Are they putting up a flag stand on the backstretch OR will the start finish line still be on the front OR do you not know at this time?

From what I gathered on FB the flagman and finish line will be on the backstretch for the Dirt Nationals only.

jeffreymo
03-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Bristol does have 2 pedestrian tunnels ... one in turn 3 near vehicle crossover gate and one over near turn 4.

Has it always been this way? I don't remember there being one when I was there, but that's been over 20 years ago

brsteg
03-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Has it always been this way? I don't remember there being one when I was there, but that's been over 20 years ago
Idk how long they've been there, but they are there.