PDA

View Full Version : Boothill Speedway 10k possible to win.

AllenK
03-12-2021, 07:25 PM
10k possible to win this weekend at Boothill Speedway near Shreveport. Streaming live now on Flo. 3k to win tonight,and 7k tomorrow.

The last few late model races I've watched from there have actually been pretty decent. Hopefully these will be also.

We got choices for watching this weekend y'all.

Dlmfan123
03-12-2021, 07:40 PM
Ashton winger running comp cams series is weird to me. Doesn't seem like very many would be close to him

AllenK
03-12-2021, 07:47 PM
How about Rusty Schlenk at Southern Raceway?

JimBo
03-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Moyer is at Boothill which is the biggest paperclip track I've ever been to.

AllenK
03-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Moyer is at Boothill which is the biggest paperclip track I've ever been to.

They actually put it back to the original configuration. The two dragstrips are gone now!

JimBo
03-12-2021, 09:35 PM
Incredibly good racing in B feature 1 at Boothill.

Dlmfan123
03-12-2021, 10:09 PM
How about Rusty Schlenk at Southern Raceway?He's headed to Bristol after this weekend

50Dixon50
03-12-2021, 10:46 PM
Login Martin
Bj Robinson
Billy moyer
Kyle Beard
EPJ. TOP5

fryefan
03-13-2021, 12:44 AM
Congratulations to Logan and his crew!!

Mister Ricochet
03-13-2021, 09:02 AM
Incredibly good racing in B feature 1 at Boothill.

This B-main 1 was the best race I've seen this yr. If you have Flo you're gonna want to see this race....... Also my first look at this track, Boothill, and was impressed. Track was racy, they moved the show along really quickly, field was very good, and the announcer was really good.

Wish they were streaming night 2 7k to win cuz I'd be watching.

Mister Ricochet
03-13-2021, 09:41 AM
This B-main 1 was the best race I've seen this yr. If you have Flo you're gonna want to see this race....... Also my first look at this track, Boothill, and was impressed. Track was racy, they moved the show along really quickly, field was very good, and the announcer was really good.

Wish they were streaming night 2 7k to win cuz I'd be watching.

Check that. Was just over at Flo looking around and indeed they list that they are streaming tonight's 7k to win at Boothill. ......... Has a real chance to be a helluva race.

84wedge
03-13-2021, 10:58 AM
Congrats to the flagship sponsored car of the most elite series of Late Model racing managing a top 5 against weekend warriors with day jobs. He's making the blank check, one percenters proud.

AllenK
03-13-2021, 12:08 PM
The WOO Sprints are at The Rev in Monroe tonight. I hope that doesn't hurt the Boothill crowd even though the two tracks are 120 miles apart.

As Jimbo said,Boothill used to be a 7/16 mile paperclip when I was going in the nineties and early 2000s. It had some long straights! Sometime in the last decade or so the original layout was restored. The racing is better now,IMO. It wasn't bad,but I never saw anything as good as that B main last night back in the day.

On a side note,other than Lone Star Speedway,Boothill Speedway is the hottest I've ever been at a track. Those concrete stands will roast you as they face directly west. It can be brutal before the sun goes down.

NeedforLM$peed
03-13-2021, 12:13 PM
Congrats to the flagship sponsored car of the most elite series of Late Model racing managing a top 5 against weekend warriors with day jobs. He's making the blank check, one percenters proud.
Moyer Jr couldn't even make the show against those weekend warriors. Maybe he needs to rethink his schedule.

84wedge
03-13-2021, 03:26 PM
Moyer Jr couldn't even make the show against those weekend warriors. Maybe he needs to rethink his schedule.Dad drove the good car last night.

AllenK
03-13-2021, 09:35 PM
Night #2 feature rolling off now.

zyoung25
03-13-2021, 09:45 PM
The WOO Sprints are at The Rev in Monroe tonight. I hope that doesn't hurt the Boothill crowd even though the two tracks are 120 miles apart.

As Jimbo said,Boothill used to be a 7/16 mile paperclip when I was going in the nineties and early 2000s. It had some long straights! Sometime in the last decade or so the original layout was restored. The racing is better now,IMO. It wasn't bad,but I never saw anything as good as that B main last night back in the day.

On a side note,other than Lone Star Speedway,Boothill Speedway is the hottest I've ever been at a track. Those concrete stands will roast you as they face directly west. It can be brutal before the sun goes down.

The rev just made my bucket list after that sprint race. Every race of the night was good. I won't be able to make it this year of course. Looking forward to seeing how the outlaw supers race there later this year.

JimBo
03-13-2021, 09:58 PM
Culp and Moyer tangle running first and second. Culp is not happy with Moyer. Great racing at Boothill.

NeedforLM$peed
03-13-2021, 10:05 PM
I can't remember if that still has the asphalt under it. Curious to see how WoO runs there later

AllenK
03-13-2021, 10:07 PM
The rev just made my bucket list after that sprint race. Every race of the night was good. I won't be able to make it this year of course. Looking forward to seeing how the outlaw supers race there later this year.

Glad it was good. Will have to check the highlights. Hopefully it will be better for the Supers than the last couple of races were. Sometimes it takes a few races to get a handle on surface prep.

84wedge
03-13-2021, 10:13 PM
Moyer was not having Culp coming up and blocking him off turn four.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-13-2021, 10:26 PM
Moyer was not having Culp coming up and blocking him off turn four.I’d be one of the first to defend Moyer, but after the Overton deal at Eldora, have to see the video.

AllenK
03-13-2021, 10:52 PM
I can't remember if that still has the asphalt under it. Curious to see how WoO runs there later

Pretty sure it's still asphalt,and that Sprint race was incredible.

50Dixon50
03-13-2021, 11:35 PM
Did moyer win rundown results

Cleetus Motorsports
03-13-2021, 11:37 PM
Did moyer win rundown resultsCade Dillard wonAshton Winger 2ndRickman 3rdLooked like Moyer wasn't going for Culp making his car 100 foot wide every turn.

50Dixon50
03-13-2021, 11:47 PM
Cade Dillard wonAshton Winger 2ndRickman 3rdLooked like Moyer wasn't going for Culp making his car 100 foot wide every turn.

Thanks c.m

jr29
03-14-2021, 07:23 AM
Cade Dillard wonAshton Winger 2ndRickman 3rdLooked like Moyer wasn't going for Culp making his car 100 foot wide every turn.

You ain't lying. Moyer gave him the business.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-14-2021, 08:03 AM
So Moyer gets a free pass from some of you, shocker. It’d be different if he hadn’t followed Culp for numerous laps and new he came out to the wall around the flag stand. Moyer knew the line he was running.

My guess is it had a lot to do with a few years ago when Culp called out Moyer for cheating and UMP doing crap about it.

Hit Culp in the rear a couple times letting him know you’re there, get under him, slid him. He was making mistakes. If you rubbed because of him giving you no room or changing lines like he was, oh well. But hitting him like Moyer did knowing that’s where he was going, in a move that had zero chance of working, crap. Doesn’t matter if he one of the greatest ever, it was BS, chickensh!t, and I think it had everything to do with Culp not giving him a free pass a few years back.

jr29
03-14-2021, 08:12 AM
All I said was Moyer gave him the business. I'm not a fan of either one of them.

Pennsboro32
03-14-2021, 09:04 AM
No fan of either one. Good stuff.

50Dixon50
03-14-2021, 10:29 AM
Where can I find the full results

slmcrewchief99
03-14-2021, 10:36 AM
Hey Zac. When it comes to the Rev, we just hope something has changed with the dirt. SUPER abrasive. You can blister a RR in 2 laps around that joint. On the flip side though. Huge grandstands and overall a VERY nice track. Right on the side of I-20 too.

As for the race at Boothill, is there a good video of the Culp/Moyer crash?

slmcrewchief99
03-14-2021, 10:38 AM
Where can I find the full results

You can see full results on the CompCams Super Dirt Series Facebook page.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Hey Zac. When it comes to the Rev, we just hope something has changed with the dirt. SUPER abrasive. You can blister a RR in 2 laps around that joint. On the flip side though. Huge grandstands and overall a VERY nice track. Right on the side of I-20 too.

As for the race at Boothill, is there a good video of the Culp/Moyer crash?DoD/Flo, if you have it. Maybe their social media. It was the leaders, so good footage.

slmcrewchief99
03-14-2021, 10:54 AM
DoD/Flo, if you have it. Maybe their social media. It was the leaders, so good footage.
Thanks C&B. I will check out DoD. I was watching a live Facebook feed but she was sitting off turn 4 and couldn't see what happened. If we can ever get our car put together, I could see these things with my own eyes. LoL

50Dixon50
03-14-2021, 11:16 AM
You can see full results on the CompCams Super Dirt Series Facebook page.

Ok thanks slmcrewchief

AllenK
03-14-2021, 12:09 PM
I have a strong opinion about this incident,but this is a small state lol.

I think the racing was great both nights,but that's just me.

84wedge
03-14-2021, 01:19 PM
If someone continually slides right up in front of you at a fraction of the speed you're running are you supposed to just hit the brakes? Moyer was on the top and getting a huge run out of 4 and Culp was going into the corners low and coming out up to the wall. Pick a lane, as they say.

B_K
03-14-2021, 02:48 PM
If someone continually slides right up in front of you at a fraction of the speed you're running are you supposed to just hit the brakes? Moyer was on the top and getting a huge run out of 4 and Culp was going into the corners low and coming out up to the wall. Pick a lane, as they say.

In one of Moyer’s twelve retirements, did he forget how to cross a guy over?

kazual
03-14-2021, 03:17 PM
Culp was using the Dennis Erb line.

fryefan
03-14-2021, 09:01 PM
Congratulations to Cade Dillard and his crew on the win Saturday night!!

Mister Ricochet
03-16-2021, 07:30 PM
Wasn't aware of this track until last weekend. Count me as a fan. A low and high groove both nights, plenty of passing/racing/3 wide, well lit, the program moved really fast, solid announcer that came prepared and doesn't think he's the main attraction like soooooooo many announcers these days.............. Thought Friday's Bmain was the best race all yr and I watched all of speedweeks.

Thought Moyer was right to "move" Culp, he gave him a bump or two over a few laps and Culp didn't "get it" but also thought Moyer could have spun him without wrecking his own self too.

Interesting to hear 2nd place finisher Ashton Winger said he plans on running the Comp Cams series. Guess no running with the WoO this yr.

Pennsboro32
03-17-2021, 10:22 AM
Everyone needs to listen to the latest Suave Talk on Dirtondirt featuring Culp. Some dang good racing drama on it. Can't believe Dirtondirt aired it to be honest, lots of degrading Moyers.

LM1
03-17-2021, 12:01 PM
Agree Pennsboro - I understand passion but there is no need to drag people through the mud like that. Culp could have gotten his point across just the same without being that degrading but looking at his Facebook I guess that's how he rolls.

NeedforLM$peed
03-17-2021, 12:06 PM
Didn't they have a run in a few years ago during the Summer Nationals?

Pennsboro32
03-17-2021, 12:10 PM
Didn't they have a run in a few years ago during the Summer Nationals?

I think Culp accused Moyer of cheating and quit the tour. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

84wedge
03-17-2021, 12:18 PM
I think Culp accused Moyer of cheating and quit the tour. Someone correct me if I am wrong.Could Culp tell because he was cheating and Moyer was still faster?

NeedforLM$peed
03-17-2021, 12:27 PM
I think Culp accused Moyer of cheating and UMP made him take something off the LR and then Moyer disappeared for 2-3 events then came back. I think Culp put all his stuff for sale after that and said racing was too expensive.

MUD MAESTRO
03-17-2021, 02:32 PM
Culp was using the Dennis Erb line.

Kindda like Erb Jr, Dennis changes lanes immediately out off the turn. Lift or claim the outside wall.

MUD MAESTRO
03-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Everyone needs to listen to the latest Suave Talk on Dirtondirt featuring Culp. Some dang good racing drama on it. Can't believe Dirtondirt aired it to be honest, lots of degrading Moyers.

Timothy Culp.....one word, Classless.

Mopar DLM
03-17-2021, 04:54 PM
They have two shows this weekend real close to home for both of them. Might be worth the drive just to see what happens.

Mister Ricochet
03-17-2021, 06:49 PM
They have two shows this weekend real close to home for both of them. Might be worth the drive just to see what happens.

Comp Cam races?

slmcrewchief99
03-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Comp Cam races?

Yes sir. Harrisburg Ar on Friday night and I-30 Speedway in Little Rock on Saturday night.

Cleetus Motorsports
03-17-2021, 08:10 PM
Timothy Culp.....one word, Classless.Culp has always been a huge crybaby. He got wrecked at Volusia by Richards few years back and right away sold his XR1s, got Longhorns and sucked and ended up going back to the Rocket fold. Listening to that podcast it was clear his ego is inflated about his own talents or lack thereof. Saying BMJ needs to do something else for a living is hilarious seeing as he races in the toughest tour in dirt racing. Culp races around his house and wins a few and thinks he is Billy Badass.

NeedforLM$peed
03-17-2021, 08:21 PM
BMJ doesn't win much when he does race around his house....

Mopar DLM
03-18-2021, 09:56 AM
If they just want to play crash fest between them moyer can drag out that old rayburn car that is over in the tire side of his shop and play demo derby. Mr. Bennings would probably run out of money buying new cars for Culp to try and compete before moyer runs out of old cars to junk.

Highside Hustler25
03-18-2021, 10:27 AM
That podcast was painful to listen to. Culp sounded like someone was holding a gun to his head or he just woke up from a 8 day drunk 🥴. Only suffered thru about 10 minutes but caught the Moyer bit at the beginning. Definitely no love loss there. On a side note, T Erb is entertaining on them podcasts.

LM1
03-18-2021, 12:47 PM
Culp said he might not run Comp Cams races anymore because of how the Comp Cams officials treated him last weekend.

Mister Ricochet
03-18-2021, 07:01 PM
Yes sir. Harrisburg Ar on Friday night and I-30 Speedway in Little Rock on Saturday night.

Thanks to Flo/DoD I got lots of exposure to the TN/GA/SC and tracks and drivers of the south and east last yr. Now I've got a decent handle on those drivers, tracks and series of the south and after watching the two Comp Cam races at Boothill last weekend I'm gonna follow it and learn those drivers and tracks this yr. Really liked what I saw and now Comp Cams got a real injection of talent with Winger committing to the series.

Looking forward to the race Saturday at I-30.