PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Rain Contingencies...

squaredup12
03-13-2021, 09:30 AM
Anybody heard anything on weather contingencies for the Dirt Nationals next week? Weather is looking good for the Friday and Saturday late model shows (fingers crossed), but I’m curious what the make-up plan will be if some of the weeknight shows get rained out. Hoping they don’t cram everything in for an all day Friday and Saturday, but that seems like the most obvious thing they would decide to do. Any thoughts??

FlatTire
03-14-2021, 06:12 PM
I bet they cram it all in.

dirtSLMracing
03-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Right now Thursday and Friday looks like rain both days.

3 wide
03-14-2021, 06:46 PM
Well if they get rained out and put it all in one day they would have to start at 10 in the morning they got a 10 minute time limit on heat races they must not be planning on any wrecks.

dirtSLMracing
03-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Well if they get rained out and put it all in one day they would have to start at 10 in the morning they got a 10 minute time limit on heat races they must not be planning on any wrecks.

Problem is Mon-Thursday is heat races to set features for the support classes. Then last chance races on Friday/Saturday then features. If you lose a day or two during the week it will be a mess. I dont have any answers just looking at how the schedule is set up.

zyoung25
03-14-2021, 07:13 PM
Problem is Mon-Thursday is heat races to set features for the support classes. Then last chance races on Friday/Saturday then features. If you lose a day or two during the week it will be a mess. I dont have any answers just looking at how the schedule is set up.

You nailed it with saying it will be a mess. Whoever dreamed up that schedule, clearly wasn't thinking about the working man, and I don't mean the fans either.

dirtSLMracing
03-14-2021, 07:39 PM
You nailed it with saying it will be a mess. Whoever dreamed up that schedule, clearly wasn't thinking about the working man, and I don't mean the fans either.

Saturday was scheduled to start at 3 with Super's Qualifying, then Last Chance races for Hornets, Stock Cars, 604 Late Models, Open Modifieds, Then Super heats then features for all 5 classes. Imagine having to run heats for the support classes on Saturday. Then if it rains out Friday what do you do with the other support classes that are supposed to have features Friday(Sport Mods, 602 Late Models, Modifieds) If you had perfect weather to allow heats Mon-Thur then Friday and Saturday were already full days with Last chance races and features.

Sorry if my post is confusing.. I tried to lay it out the best I could.

3 wide
03-14-2021, 07:40 PM
They moved the start time up to 4 o'clock supposed to be done by 11 but if you add the time per race irs 8 hrs an how many heat races you going to run in 10 minutes all you need is one wreck.

mcarter815
03-14-2021, 07:43 PM

Anyone racing there this week is taking time off from work.

mcarter815
03-14-2021, 07:45 PM
They moved the start time up to 4 o'clock supposed to be done by 11 but if you add the time per race irs 8 hrs an how many heat races you going to run in 10 minutes all you need is one wreck.

If the heats have time limits, then they won’t have qualms with calling heats early. Mike used to be the race director at Vinton. If anyone can keep them on a schedule, it’s him.

dirtSLMracing
03-14-2021, 07:50 PM
Think about this.. IF you have to run heats on Saturday for 4 support classes that could be 40 heat races. It takes time just to get cars on and off the track for that many heats without considering the time for the race. Of course 40 heats is based on a ton of cars in each class which there are according to the entry list.

squaredup12
03-16-2021, 07:22 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=159924015976258&id=106405721328088&__tn__=%2As%2As-R Based on this, looks like it’ll b a “day at a time” decision...which, I get...somewhat. I would assume they already have some contingency plans in place, you’d have to for an event like this with a forecast like we’ve got this week. Be interesting to see how the news of those contingencies gets put out as the week goes on.

dirtracing62
03-16-2021, 08:12 AM
These guys are doing something that has never been done before. They are running eight (8) divisions all with a big purse and high car count. If you have ever operated a race track you always have contingency plans but you can't put any of them in place until something happens (rain last night). Within a few hours they had a revised schedule posted. I believe they are optimistic on the amount of time to run the events but once you get there, who cares? Monday through Thursday of this even is designed for the racer, not the race fan. I did not watch all of the broadcast yesterday but I saw enough to keep up with what is going on. Same thing for the rest of the week, my tv will be on. If I am a racer I don't care what time we race as long as we race. Friday and Saturday is for the fan. The Super Late Models will be the "star" of the show. But the drivers that have been there all week will race before the largest crowd and the best venue most of them have ever been to. I have read most of the event posts and have seen the information they constantly update. I believe they are doing a great job. Let's give them a chance. BTW - there is no race track in the country you can go to and be guaranteed that everything will go perfect and on schedule.

Highside Hustler25
03-16-2021, 08:31 AM

Maybe explains why I recognized no modifieds from my area. Haven't heard yet as to any late model guys going.

Mopar DLM
03-16-2021, 09:40 AM
Just the amount of time it takes to open and close the gate to get onto the racetrack will slow things down a lot. Do we know if they are going to line up a class at a time in the infield and only have to open the gate once per class?

Jking24
03-16-2021, 09:47 AM
Just the amount of time it takes to open and close the gate to get onto the racetrack will slow things down a lot. Do we know if they are going to line up a class at a time in the infield and only have to open the gate once per class?They are not opening the gate between races you are stuck in the infield for the entire event. I could imagine if they have rain makeups they may alter that some though

mcarter815
03-16-2021, 11:25 AM
These guys are doing something that has never been done before. They are running eight (8) divisions all with a big purse and high car count. If you have ever operated a race track you always have contingency plans but you can't put any of them in place until something happens (rain last night). Within a few hours they had a revised schedule posted. I believe they are optimistic on the amount of time to run the events but once you get there, who cares? Monday through Thursday of this even is designed for the racer, not the race fan. I did not watch all of the broadcast yesterday but I saw enough to keep up with what is going on. Same thing for the rest of the week, my tv will be on. If I am a racer I don't care what time we race as long as we race. Friday and Saturday is for the fan. The Super Late Models will be the "star" of the show. But the drivers that have been there all week will race before the largest crowd and the best venue most of them have ever been to. I have read most of the event posts and have seen the information they constantly update. I believe they are doing a great job. Let's give them a chance. BTW - there is no race track in the country you can go to and be guaranteed that everything will go perfect and on schedule.

Boone does this every year for the Supernationals.

Barbecueboy
03-16-2021, 11:34 AM
The super nationals run supers?

squaredup12
03-16-2021, 12:18 PM
No negativity here. I’m stoked they’re getting the opportunity to do it and even more stoked that I as a fan get the chance to go this weekend. I do genuinely applaud the undertaking and the effort that has clearly went into putting this event on, and am thankful to have folks in the sport willing to devote so much time to it so that both the racer and the fan can have an event like this to either participate in or attend. I think all we’re doing in this thread (and even in my own posts) is just discussing our thoughts as to what we think any potential make up plans for rained out races will be as we move through the week and into the weekend. If the weather we had last week in this part of the country would ave carries over into this week, we’re not even having this conversation...but it didn’t, things are a little more wet, and so the question arises. Like I said though, no bashing here...just discussion.

mcarter815
03-16-2021, 12:52 PM
The super nationals run supers?

No, but they run 7 classes with a combined car count of 900 over a span of a week. That's comparable.

Barbecueboy
03-16-2021, 12:58 PM
Comparable like a boatload of apples and a boatload of oranges maybe.....other than that, nope.

mcarter815
03-16-2021, 01:44 PM
Comparable like a boatload of apples and a boatload of oranges maybe.....other than that, nope.

What's so special about them running supers?

FlatTire
03-16-2021, 02:00 PM
Run the supers and 604's before if it looks like it will rain. The 4cylinders, stock cars, and mods can run whenever I head back to the hotel for sleep!

kazual
03-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Don’t know the management of the promotional group. But I’ve seen Mike Van Genderen is connected, he’s a no nonsense promoter that prioritizes event management at Iowa tracks. Not sure how well it goes, it’s a first time undertaking. But guarantee they won’t be taking lessons from some of the clusters I’ve seen the last few months on FLO.

dirtcrazy4u
03-16-2021, 04:01 PM
I want to see how they plan on getting the cars out of the infield if it rains.

TerryM
03-16-2021, 04:21 PM
$1500 a piece for those trophies? I got a bigger trophy for winning the Ohio state Punt, Pass and Kick title in 1972.

3 wide
03-16-2021, 04:23 PM
These guys are doing something that has never been done before. They are running eight (8) divisions all with a big purse and high car count. If you have ever operated a race track you always have contingency plans but you can't put any of them in place until something happens (rain last night). Within a few hours they had a revised schedule posted. I believe they are optimistic on the amount of time to run the events but once you get there, who cares? Monday through Thursday of this even is designed for the racer, not the race fan. I did not watch all of the broadcast yesterday but I saw enough to keep up with what is going on. Same thing for the rest of the week, my tv will be on. If I am a racer I don't care what time we race as long as we race. Friday and Saturday is for the fan. The Super Late Models will be the "star" of the show. But the drivers that have been there all week will race before the largest crowd and the best venue most of them have ever been to. I have read most of the event posts and have seen the information they constantly update. I believe they are doing a great job. Let's give them a chance. BTW - there is no race track in the country you can go to and be guaranteed that everything will go perfect and on schedule.There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.

TerryM
03-16-2021, 04:32 PM
There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.
Unfortunately, most down here in the south don’t.

3 wide
03-16-2021, 04:39 PM
An that is because they run 8-9 an even 10 classes everything they can drag in the pits.

Barbecueboy
03-16-2021, 04:42 PM
$1500 a piece for those trophies? I got a bigger trophy for winning the Ohio state Punt, Pass and Kick title in 1972.

That's pretty Impressive to win the whole state.......I never even made it out of the region back in those days.

TerryM
03-16-2021, 05:08 PM
I won our local (Dayton/Montgomery County) the year before, but they gave my trophy to the only female entrant, so she wouldn’t feel left out. I was supposed to get mine later, but never did. Still pissed about it lol.

zyoung25
03-16-2021, 05:42 PM
Maybe explains why I recognized no modifieds from my area. Haven't heard yet as to any late model guys going.

I seen Mike Harrison was one that said he wasn't going to sit for there week for the money they were paying. Sounds like a lot of them felt that way.

Highside Hustler25
03-16-2021, 06:14 PM
I seen Mike Harrison was one that said he wasn't going to sit for there week for the money they were paying. Sounds like a lot of them felt that way.

Can't say I blame him.
Got to believe most guys just don't want to take the chance of bending a car before the season even starts.

chopter33
03-16-2021, 08:28 PM
I seen Mike Harrison was one that said he wasn't going to sit for there week for the money they were paying. Sounds like a lot of them felt that way.scared of fhe competition.

slideiton
03-17-2021, 08:56 AM
Well Harrision joined up with Josh Caroll to run a Hughes USMTS car and is going to Humbolt, KS to run the USMTS King Of America and probably the best of both worlds USMTS vs UMP event at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, IA.

dirt crow
03-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Glad I ain’t there. Bring on the outlaws in April.

dirtSLMracing
03-17-2021, 03:44 PM
dirt crow..

That would be a good show but limiting the car count is a bummer.

Highside Hustler25
03-17-2021, 04:25 PM
Well Harrision joined up with Josh Caroll to run a Hughes USMTS car and is going to Humbolt, KS to run the USMTS King Of America and probably the best of both worlds USMTS vs UMP event at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, IA.

To say that Harrison is scared of the competition only assures how misinformed one is in the modified world.

Barbecueboy
03-17-2021, 05:47 PM
Mike Harrison scared of competition, lmao.......that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on ole 4m.

Did I misunderstand that?

NeedforLM$peed
03-17-2021, 05:57 PM
I was kind of surprised to read they have a curfew

3 wide
03-17-2021, 06:11 PM
Why yeah it's right in the middle of town.

TeNfOMaFiA69
03-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Why yeah it's right in the middle of town.

Not even close

Highside Hustler25
03-17-2021, 09:47 PM
I sense a lil sarcasm there.

chopter33
03-18-2021, 07:08 AM
I sense a lil sarcasm there.ya. id like to see ump and usra bring their rules together .

JM15
03-18-2021, 01:43 PM
There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.Listen guys, if they can't figure it out, Billy Thomas is there. He does such a great job at EAMS, I'm sure he has it figured out already. Hahahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pennsboro32
03-18-2021, 01:47 PM
25 min time limit for the super late model feature tomorrow, I bet the fans and drivers will love that if it gets cut short. What a joke.

3 wide
03-18-2021, 02:06 PM
What about them 8 minute heat races see that is what happens when you run everything you can drag in the pits.

Pennsboro32
03-18-2021, 02:10 PM
And Saturday 50k cut to 40 laps or 40 min.

zyoung25
03-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Here we are. Anybody with half of a brain knew this show was going to turn out like this with all these cars and classes. It's too early in the year for a show like this.

Now a lot of people are mad because they're cutting races out. The bang banger guys are ready to burn Bristol down from the looks of the comments.

NeedforLM$peed
03-18-2021, 02:24 PM
One of my local tracks would run 8 lap or 8 min heat races. And they had time limits on features because of the curfew. I once saw a $2k LM special race that saw the green flag and 2 laps later the checkered flag. Never even waved the white flag. Another time the street stocks took the green and lap 2 was the checkered flag.

3 wide
03-18-2021, 02:46 PM
And Saturday 50k cut to 40 laps or 40 min.Why did they cut it 10 laps.

Pennsboro32
03-18-2021, 02:48 PM
Why did they cut it 10 laps.

They cut it 20 laps. It was supposed to be 60. They’re reasoning was drivers wanted to only run 40, per Facebook.

dirtSLMracing
03-18-2021, 04:03 PM
Here we are. Anybody with half of a brain knew this show was going to turn out like this with all these cars and classes. It's too early in the year for a show like this.

Now a lot of people are mad because they're cutting races out. The bang banger guys are ready to burn Bristol down from the looks of the comments.

What races did they cut out? I dont have facebook.

LM1
03-18-2021, 06:06 PM
They completely cut out one of the prelim nights for several classes, and aren't offering any refunds. I just can't believe that many cars showed up for no pay in the prelims just to say they did it.

c1ty5tar
03-18-2021, 06:35 PM
They completely cut out one of the prelim nights for several classes, and aren't offering any refunds. I just can't believe that many cars showed up for no pay in the prelims just to say they did it.

Don’t forget they started a mod feature with two cars stuck together on the back stretch. The track worker who was supposed to be watching that area was on their phone. Everyone in the pits was trying to get them to call it in to get the cars to stop but they went green and the first 8 or so cars avoided the stopped ones, but then it got bad. 2 ambulances sending drivers to the hospital, one with head injury who is going to be fine it seems and the other with broken ribs and collapsed lung. People have been saying they were rushing the races, letting them go way to long before yellow was thrown, not getting dangling parts off cars all week so it was bound to happen. One of the mods even ran an entire feature with what looked like a rear end drape hanging off the car.

Now you couple that how much they are yanking these classes around and clearly had no contingency for weather, and it’s a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show.

dirtSLMracing
03-18-2021, 06:42 PM
Well it seems earlier in this thread someone pointed out a potential problem..lol

Looks like those in charge took a great opportunity and screwed it up. I have never promoted a race but I would have had a Wednesday practice, Thursday qualifying with two different features Friday and Saturday similar to the World Finals. Also would have had a crate LM class, A modified class and Super Late Models. With just 3 classes you have more options with weather.

c1ty5tar
03-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Well it seems earlier in this thread someone pointed out a potential problem..lol

Looks like those in charge took a great opportunity and screwed it up. I have never promoted a race but I would have had a Wednesday practice, Thursday qualifying with two different features Friday and Saturday similar to the World Finals. Also would have had a crate LM class, A modified class and Super Late Models. With just 3 classes you have more options with weather.

Totally agree. Too much racing to try and get in. There were days they should have started at 9am right from the start too. Once they were behind there was no catching up and then it has caused nothing but problems.

ZERO25
03-18-2021, 07:15 PM

Exactly.........like they've never got rained out before!

Have you noticed, they think most of the fans are coming to se them! lol

zyoung25
03-18-2021, 07:23 PM
IMO, they shouldn't have tried to stretch it to keep everyone there all week. It might work at Boone for the super nats, but this isn't Boone, and it's also mid March when we know the weather is very unknown. They shouldve ran 3 classes a day/night, and gotten some of those guys out of there earlier in the week.

3 wide
03-18-2021, 07:41 PM
When I saw the schedule I new it wasn't going to work I've been to too many races and you can't run for a week in March in Tennessee and not see rain it rains a lot in Tennessee in March.

squaredup12
03-18-2021, 08:46 PM
We’ve got a pretty good group coming up tomorrow that has been looking forward to this for several months. Even with the schedule changes we’re still pretty stoked. However, there’s a common consensus among our group that the shortening of the feature lengths, especially for the supers (which let’s be honest, that’s what people are taking off work and paying good money for tickets, hotels, etc. to see) is some major “grade A” BS. When we purchased these tickets, we purchased them knowing the risk of the weather which only the Good Lord above can control...but we did not purchase tickets so that the promoters could decide the day before fans arrive that they’re going to shorten the length of the two biggest and most anticipated races of the week...we purchased tickets for 30 and 60 lap super late model features, and we as the fans are now getting shorted.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-18-2021, 09:36 PM
Squaredup12

There is 14 in my group from East Tennessee. We bought our tickets together for both the March and April races. Like your group -we feel the same way about the late model features being shortened from the advertised number of laps regardless of the reason. Saturday being cut from 60 laps to 40 is 33% less laps. I am sure they will not give us a refund % on what we paid! Bad slide job on the promotor!

Also: does anyone know why Lucas Oil and WOO have cut the heat races to 8 laps and last chance races from 12 laps to 10? This happened after Monday night at East Bay. Just curious if this is going to continue for the remainder of this years races?

mcarter815
03-18-2021, 09:41 PM
Just be happy that there is dirt racing at Bristol.

c1ty5tar
03-18-2021, 09:54 PM

This is a poor mentality to have. Just being happy there is racing is how promoters take more and more and give less and less. You absolutely have a right to be disappointed or upset with a product you paid for.

dirtSLMracing
03-18-2021, 10:37 PM

Suppose you purchased a new TV from Best Buy, model you bought was $650. When it was delivered it was a couple of models down from the one you paid for and was a $500 TV. You questioned it and they said "hey.. at least you got a new TV"

Do you say ok and keep the $500 TV?

mcarter815
03-18-2021, 11:08 PM
It's dirt racing at Bristol. So what if they shortened the features? This event doesn't happen all the time.

mcarter815
03-18-2021, 11:11 PM
I see this week as more for the drivers, anyway. The WOO events are more for the fans.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Maybe Tony should shorten the World 100 to 67 laps but promote it as 100 ?????

c1ty5tar
03-18-2021, 11:33 PM
I see this week as more for the drivers, anyway. The WOO events are more for the fans.

Well the drivers in some classes, who all payed the same pit fee/vehicle fee/pit passes/infield passes, have had their track time cut in half and are not happy at all. Even RTJ was saying he wished they wouldn’t have shortened the races, yet the people running the show claimed they did it based on “driver feedback”.

It’s turned from a big event to a cash grab.

mcarter815
03-18-2021, 11:37 PM
Some drivers like to complain. I know some drivers down there right now who are disappointed but yet still enjoying being there and getting the chance to drive at Bristol.

squaredup12
03-19-2021, 05:24 AM
It’s entirely possible to be happy to have dirt racing on Bristol (which we are) and also be disappointed/frustrated by not getting what we paid for and what was advertised (which we are)...you can be both. This can apply to both driver and fan alike.

3 wide
03-19-2021, 05:37 AM
I know how you feel I went to a race a couple of years ago an they had cut the purse in half after I got thru telling the promoter how sorry he was I left I just wonder if the drivers are complaining an I wonder if the woo race is going to be 50 laps.

dirtcrazy4u
03-19-2021, 05:39 AM
If anyone did not understand this was a cash grab from the beginning. Well I got some news. Wrong

Rajflyboy
03-19-2021, 06:51 AM
Well. Unfortunately this event is associated with the big racing organization in Daytona . And that’s exactly why I did not buy tickets for this.

Pennsboro32
03-19-2021, 07:23 AM

I'm not much on complaining about tracks, as I run a business and I know how stuff can go wrong at any moment, however, fans paid for something they aren't getting. That's a no no.

mcarter815
03-19-2021, 08:13 AM
I'm not much on complaining about tracks, as I run a business and I know how stuff can go wrong at any moment, however, fans paid for something they aren't getting. That's a no no.

The fans paid for a race.

3 wide
03-19-2021, 08:13 AM
What don't make any sense about this deal is if your going to run 40 laps on Saturday night why did you cut the laps on Friday night from 30 to 25.

zyoung25
03-19-2021, 08:43 AM

From reading your posts on here, you would be completely happy if you paid 12ft of rope, and only got 9ft.

dirtSLMracing
03-19-2021, 08:47 AM

I notice you didn't answer my example of buying a TV.

Would you keep the $500 TV without getting money back?

mcarter815
03-19-2021, 08:57 AM
I notice you didn't answer my example of buying a TV.

Would you keep the $500 TV without getting money back?

They aren't comparable. When a fan buys a ticket for a race, they aren't paying for a specific number of laps. The terms of sales always says stuff like "contingent on weather, subject to change, etc." When NASCAR calls a race halfway because of rain, the fans don't get half their money back.

Pennsboro32
03-19-2021, 09:05 AM

Stop being ignorant.

dirtSLMracing
03-19-2021, 09:18 AM
They aren't comparable. When a fan buys a ticket for a race, they aren't paying for a specific number of laps. The terms of sales always says stuff like "contingent on weather, subject to change, etc." When NASCAR calls a race halfway because of rain, the fans don't get half their money back.

And you still have not answered my question.

It appears the weather for Saturday is sunny. So why exactly are they changing what was advertised?

mcarter815
03-19-2021, 09:25 AM
And you still have not answered my question.

It appears the weather for Saturday is sunny. So why exactly are they changing what was advertised?

They are probably changing it for time since they had to reshuffle the schedule. It doesn't really matter to me why they changed it.

dirtSLMracing
03-19-2021, 09:51 AM
They are probably changing it for time since they had to reshuffle the schedule. It doesn't really matter to me why they changed it.

I think you fall some where between special needs and liberal asshat.

vande07
03-19-2021, 12:16 PM
No, but they run 7 classes with a combined car count of 900 over a span of a week. That's comparable.

Boone has also ran until the sun comes up some nights and started up again at 10:00 AM that same morning.

IMO, this event is a "back-gate" event for the promotor (similar to Boone) and any race fan or any racer with common sense knew that when they announced the event.

Do I think they are doing a "bait and switch" on ticket buyers? No, but my reasoning is because they aren't cutting the purse. If they are still paying $50k to win Saturday night, that's what you paid for, not for 20 laps, 50 laps, 100 laps, whatever, you paid for $50k to win.

If they had cut the purse in 1/2, then IMO, fans could argue that they didn't get what they paid for. From what I've seen, they haven't done so.

Personally, my initial thoughts were that the WoO weekends would be better all around, but mostly because they can run a much tighter ship (limit entries, limit # of classes, etc.) and have a track record of making the overall experience (World Finals for example) better for the paying fans and the competitors all know how the event will be run. But, that's JMO.

TDRacin®
03-19-2021, 12:34 PM
Do I think they are doing a "bait and switch" on ticket buyers? No, but my reasoning is because they aren't cutting the purse. If they are still paying $50k to win Saturday night, that's what you paid for, not for 20 laps, 50 laps, 100 laps, whatever, you paid for $50k to win.

If they had cut the purse in 1/2, then IMO, fans could argue that they didn't get what they paid for. From what I've seen, they haven't done so.

While I'm impressed they didn't touch the purse, as a fan, I disagree. You want to see racing. No fan gets that money! Cutting a race by 30% is not cool. It's the headline division, make cuts somewhere else. But that's just me.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-19-2021, 12:39 PM
I emailed an official about this subject- got a quick reply that the drivers and Hoosier tire representatives were concerned about right front tire faitafter 40 laps. Well- if thatythe case why is Friday’s being cut from 30 to 25 and heat races from 20 laps to 8.
His reply was it’s strictly for safety measures only!!

foxfire2dirtracing
03-19-2021, 12:42 PM
Rather not name the official because many of you know him. Note: he is not the promotor of this event just a tech guy-you can look at the website and probably figure out who I am speaking of. Out of respect to him - I won’t mention his name.

Pennsboro32
03-19-2021, 12:49 PM
Is it the same guy who got me banned on 4m two years ago for saying Screven Winter freeze cared more about the 4 cylinders than late models?

Buford.Justice
03-19-2021, 03:09 PM

Maybe your paycheck should be reduced by one third!!!! Yes, who do you work for and what is their phone number!!!! hehehe

After seeing your posts on this thread and others, I've concluded that you lack a sense of honesty and integrity.

Buford.Justice
03-19-2021, 03:15 PM
If the drivers wanted the race cut by one third then they should cut the purse by one third. The fans paid the purse and the drivers should have no say so about the number of laps, unless track conditions have become totally unbearable. To some drivers these days the track conditions are terrible unless the track is as smooth as glass.

mcarter815
03-19-2021, 03:22 PM
If the drivers wanted the race cut by one third then they should cut the purse by one third. The fans paid the purse and the drivers should have no say so about the number of laps, unless track conditions have become totally unbearable. To some drivers these days the track conditions are terrible unless the track is as smooth as glass.

You sound like a typical keyboard jockey.

Buford.Justice
03-19-2021, 04:06 PM
That totally called you out!!!!

Highside Hustler25
03-19-2021, 04:22 PM
So if you paid for a suite at the Indy 500, and they only ran 20 laps and the race was over in 15 minutes, you wouldn't feel cheated? Say no, yer a flat out liar.

klemmabyna
03-19-2021, 05:09 PM
when did everyone get so whiney?

i'm reminded of old school racer Dwight Oglesbee from my hometown track. on his spoiler: "Cry babies go home"

BloomerWon
03-19-2021, 05:21 PM
when did everyone get so whiney?

i'm reminded of old school racer Dwight Oglesbee from my hometown track. on his spoiler: "Cry babies go home"

And thay wonder where everyone went that used to post on 4m... They went home... 🤓

mcarter815
03-19-2021, 06:39 PM
So if you paid for a suite at the Indy 500, and they only ran 20 laps and the race was over in 15 minutes, you wouldn't feel cheated? Say no, yer a flat out liar.

Yeah, I would feel cheated because that is way less than half of the advertised laps. They didn't reduce the Supers laps by half. There are also more than just supers racing. Maybe you only care about late models, but there are other classes I care about as well.

fryefan
03-19-2021, 06:46 PM

You hit the nail on the head. It is as simple as that.

3 wide
03-19-2021, 07:50 PM
It's different when you cut the laps before the green flag falls.

Pennsboro32
03-19-2021, 07:52 PM
It’s no different than if you went to a college football game and they decided to quit at halftime.

Rajflyboy
03-19-2021, 08:00 PM
They can’t run over 40 laps? How are the taxi cabs going to run a 250 lap race next week ?

mcarter815
03-20-2021, 09:44 AM
It's different when you cut the laps before the green flag falls.

Your ticket to the Bristol Dirt Nationals pays for a lot of racing. If all you care about are the late models, go to the WOO event instead.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-20-2021, 09:56 AM
The late models were the first feature race last night -with 3 features afterward. 75% of the spectators left after the late model feature.

Highside Hustler25
03-20-2021, 10:17 AM
The late models were the first feature race last night -with 3 features afterward. 75% of the spectators left after the late model feature.

Which is typically the norm even tho some won't admit it.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-20-2021, 10:50 AM
My group of 14 was in that 75% percentile!
McCarter has his opinions out in Iowa about races being shortened at Bristol. We spent money to see the advertised amount of racing- last night or tonight’s races will not be impacted by weather. Seems as if there could be an issue of “false advertising “ ??
I am not an expert in laws- and as stated in one of the above post- the fine print may have them covered for changing the program. 15-16 second laps around Bristol makes a 40 lap feature very, very short. My opinion only- everybody is entitled to their own.

weatherman85
03-20-2021, 11:33 AM
Heard from several on site that they’ve moved it up back up to 50 laps. I’ll be happy with that if true.

TDRacin®
03-20-2021, 12:14 PM
While I'd like that to be true, I haven't seen a word of it anywhere online. An announcement like that would surely have made its rounds already, so I doubt it's true.

3 wide
03-20-2021, 12:53 PM
The late models were the first feature race last night -with 3 features afterward. 75% of the spectators left after the late model feature...what does that tell you.