PDA

View Full Version : Eldora dream

Buckblaine
03-14-2021, 11:33 AM
Since Gov. Dewine says he is lifting restrictions April 1st, Whats everyones thoughts on the Dream and other events at the Big E?

50Dixon50
03-14-2021, 12:58 PM
I would say if the Governor lifts the restrictions it's on

latemodelman
03-14-2021, 01:55 PM
Its gonna be when they lift the stadium restrictions what I heard it would be somewhere between May 1st to Memorial Day but I heard they could have limits until July 4th or longer

TS FAN
03-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Eldora dream=Full house.

latemodelman
03-14-2021, 04:48 PM
TSFAN thats right full house thats why they cannot put the dates up yet because if it is only allowed 50% then they wont open. I would say its up to the Governor but seems bad that all the other tracks around Eldora minus Waynesfield and Limaland ran and some tracks had full capacity. Just seams like if you have certain health departments and certain capacities they got you.

ohdrtfan
03-14-2021, 08:58 PM
The Ohio Gov is not totally going to open every thing up until the state has a reported total of 50 cases or less per 100,000 people for 2 straight weeks. It might get close, but I don't think that is going to be happening in time for everyone to firm up there plans by June for this race I sure hope it does happen just not fully optimistic it will. Here in Ohio the last report we had was just this past Thursday the 11th and we had 155 per 100K still.

GEAR_HEAD
03-14-2021, 09:43 PM
All people need to do is stop getting tested. Then there wouldn't be any new cases. Problem solved.

Jim11h
03-15-2021, 02:27 AM
Ohioans need to do the math on the current numbers. Think for themselves for once. 155 per 100k is 0.00155%. Time to speak up and let these elected idiots know we've had enough.

waaac77
03-15-2021, 07:27 AM
The state of Oklahoma is now officially fully open. All outdoor and indoor capacity allowed 100% full. Great to see. It’s been a full year and the science says to re-open. Hopefully many other states follow suit

Chadly329
03-15-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm not from Ohio, but this Governor DeWine reminds me of our Dumbass Governor Evers. A don't think for himself fool. Just like Jim11h stated, The math speaks for itself. These percentages are equivalent to machining metal tolerancing.

LM1
03-15-2021, 09:19 AM
I am not typically this type of person but Eldora just needs to go about their business this year, there is no longer a pandemic or an emergency.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2021, 09:38 AM
I am not typically this type of person but Eldora just needs to go about their business this year, there is no longer a pandemic or an emergency.

I've been saying the same thing for a year, but get ready to be destroyed by the 4m cancel culture gang.

50Dixon50
03-15-2021, 10:21 AM
Every state and county needs to 100% open back up
Where I'm from last year we didn't have races twice rest of the year it was only suggested to wear a mask and social distance and look we are still here just open things up PLEASE

d-glenn
03-15-2021, 01:22 PM
The tracks I know here in Alabama are at 100%. Saturday night at North Alabama Speedway, the sprints were there in front of a packed house.

BirkyAndTheShark
03-15-2021, 05:33 PM
The DTWC in October was pretty much a full house in Ohio

Bill31
03-20-2021, 09:21 PM
I visited my mom in the hospital after she got cleared of covid and was doing rehab. I over heard the nurses talking about stats. One was reading and said In Ohio, hospital cases Jan 8th were 9,500 , Feb 8th 1,900, March 8th 1,200, and one nurse chimed in and said she heard we were down to 791 hospital covid cases. So it is going down here.

buster83
03-21-2021, 12:31 AM
The winter freeze killed the germs.

zooker25
03-22-2021, 10:31 PM
I will have both my shots for the vaccine in a couple weeks. last race was East bay winter nationals last year. Can't wait to get to a race!

In The Gas
03-29-2021, 07:23 AM
Alright where are the Eldora Late Models updates on the 2021 schedule? The have Woo Sprints dates all planned. Are they having fans for the Woo events? Late Models need loving too!
If they are concerned about the virus then make a mandate that you have to show proof of either have already had the virus or have been vaccinated.

dirt crow
03-29-2021, 08:00 AM
Well they done lost me for the Dream. Made other plans. They need to get schedule out NOW!!!

Buford.Justice
03-29-2021, 01:15 PM
All people need to do is stop getting tested. Then there wouldn't be any new cases. Problem solved.

Some bus loads of infected illegals showing up could ruin the whole thing. They are bringing them to many states even at this moment.

Reports are ten percent are covid infected and are not even being restricted in any way.

Biden now insisting that people start wearing masks yet again...

WisWildManFan
03-29-2021, 04:30 PM
They gonna announce it same weekend at woo late models at bristol

Trax53
03-30-2021, 07:28 AM
The 2021 Events tab on EldoraSpeedway.com has been wiped clean. :(

latemodelman
03-31-2021, 02:50 PM
I heard that we will not see a race until Dewine opens up everything to 100 percent. Eldora is still able to open at like 30 percent or so just like a the Reds or Browns or any other major league sport in Ohio. The other racetracks fall under different rules because they do not have that many grandstands.

Pennsboro32
03-31-2021, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's not happening this year either. Which sucks, but it's no different than pro sports games like latemodelman mentioned above.

latemodelman
03-31-2021, 03:24 PM
Pennsboro32 even though Eldora might not run we can still go out and support our local tracks like Waynesfield, Lawrenceburg, Florence as well as other tracks like Dixie and all. So lets support them and when Eldora opens we can support Eldora.

#FALSuperman
03-31-2021, 11:36 PM
That's pretty stupid!
I mean other states have restrictions and are running full capacity.
The North/South in Florence, KY was packed last August.
The PDC I hear is a go and opening to full capacity as well.
In Illinois!
Eldora can do it. They just don't have the nads these other places have.

Pennsboro32
04-01-2021, 07:08 AM
That's pretty stupid!
I mean other states have restrictions and are running full capacity.
The North/South in Florence, KY was packed last August.
The PDC I hear is a go and opening to full capacity as well.
In Illinois!
Eldora can do it. They just don't have the nads these other places have.

How many more people are at Eldora than Florence and Fairbury? I bet you could combine the two and it wouldn't come close to Eldora.

LM1
04-01-2021, 07:42 AM
WHAT A JOKE - COME ON OHIO EVERYONE ELSE IS OPEN. That crap gov better not get elected again

Rajflyboy
04-01-2021, 08:05 AM
I personally think it’s Tony who won’t open it. That’s my belief. Also why I think Eldora should be boycotted by fans for the next few years.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-01-2021, 08:10 AM
Flyboy

Why would you think Tony doesn’t want to open Eldora?

Pennsboro32
04-01-2021, 08:15 AM
Fly, why would any business owner not want their business open?

He's losing money not opening but there's nothing he can do about it unless you want Eldora to select which 30 percent of fans can attend, how many would that run off for good?

I would hate to be in his position because you have small minded ignorant people like you who have never owned any type of business in your life and have no idea how the real world works.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2021, 08:21 AM
WHAT A JOKE - COME ON OHIO EVERYONE ELSE IS OPEN. That crap gov better not get elected again

Ohio has turned more red in recent years. He does have 2 years to go on his term. People's memories are often short. We shall see.

GEAR_HEAD
04-01-2021, 12:50 PM

He's losing money not opening but there's nothing he can do about it unless you want Eldora to select which 30 percent of fans can attend, how many would that run off for good?

I would hate to be in his position because you have small minded ignorant people like you who have never owned any type of business in your life and have no idea how the real world works.

He has the option to open. He's choosing not to open. The Constitution protects his right to open.

Josh Bayko
04-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Again, they haven’t opened because they’ve had their various licenses threatened, and it’s not financially prudent to fight the government legally.

Buford.Justice
04-01-2021, 01:34 PM

Just something to think about and consider. If he were to have these big races with a limited crowd, many fans would be tipped off on his actual profit amount.

Racing with say 40% capacity would only be done if they were going to make a profit. Then people could put two and two together on how much more profits would be with another ten thousand or so fans. Anyone concerned would then question the purse.

The liquer license is also a big part of this. They wouldn't want to lose that.

I also see your point!!

WisWildManFan
04-01-2021, 01:36 PM
Just something to think about and consider. If he were to have these big races with a limited crowd, many fans would be tipped off on his actual profit amount.Racing with say 40% capacity would only be done if they were going to make a profit. Then people could put two and two together on how much more profits would be with another ten thousand or so fans. Anyone concerned would then question the purse.They are already having these races with zero crowd.

Buford.Justice
04-01-2021, 01:39 PM
Have you seen a schedule?

Pennsboro32
04-01-2021, 02:37 PM
I'm fairly certain the DLM "Stream" will happen again.

EvelB7
04-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Hey, Eldora has always operated on the 'if I could just sell one more hot dog I could break even' financials! Personally, I hope they make a huge profit- that just means they will do more. Profit is not a dirty word, it actually promotes trade and competition!

Rajflyboy
04-01-2021, 04:00 PM
Josh has it right. And Tony needs to fight the jerks in court. Other tracks are open. Surely they could find a reasonable solution in order to have fans at Eldora.

WisWildManFan
04-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Have you seen a schedule?Last year they basically ran the dream and world with different names a smaller purse. I would say 40% wouldn’t be a giveaway on their financials.

3 wide
04-01-2021, 04:27 PM
All Major League Baseball parks are suppose to open today.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Flyboy:

You still haven’t answered my question as to why you think Tony don’t want to open Eldora, but it doesn’t really matter- you have never been and probably never will! So what Tony does or doesn’t do should effect you in any way except your social media racing!

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2021, 06:22 PM

30% capacity in Ohio, masks mandatory. Cleveland not allowing gaitors.

TDRacin®
04-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Just something to think about and consider. If he were to have these big races with a limited crowd, many fans would be tipped off on his actual profit amount.

Racing with say 40% capacity would only be done if they were going to make a profit. Then people could put two and two together on how much more profits would be with another ten thousand or so fans. Anyone concerned would then question the purse.

The liquer license is also a big part of this. They wouldn't want to lose that.

I also see your point!!

Is there something wrong with a business making money? Or how much? No one has a right/reason to question the purse other than car owners. If they don't like it, then they wouldn't be there.

"Suppose to", not all did.

Rajflyboy
04-01-2021, 06:59 PM
I just said it. Americans should stand up against covid nonsense. A business like Eldora should take government authorities to court. Period.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-01-2021, 07:21 PM
Flyboy

Nope-in post #30 you said you personally didn’t believe Tony didn’t want to open Eldora.
In post #41&47 -you said he needs to take them to court.
If he doesn’t want to open -then why spend money to take them to court?
Get your dang stories straight before punching your only means to racing which is a keyboard racer!

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Flyboy is the same stupid clown that said Eldora needed to move the World 100

Josh Bayko
04-01-2021, 08:26 PM

Only half of them did, if they were all open, then nobody would be playing anybody.

Rajflyboy
04-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Tony is basically hiding until COVID-19 is over (in my opinion). He probably feels that is best. I get it. I’d prefer a fight in court now since other Ohio venues are open. Being free in America is not free and folks need to fight to maintain these freedoms.

Rajflyboy
04-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Flyboy is the same stupid clown that said Eldora needed to move the World 100Fans. We need fans.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Maybe you should put your money up for Tony to fight in court!
Like I said earlier: you will never visit the sacred place known as Eldora- you are a homey keyboard social media race fan. And also probably the biggest idiot to join 4m! 3,000 nonsense post in 1 year from an air head!

NeedforLM$peed
04-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Only half of them did, if they were all open, then nobody would be playing anybody.

And I don't believe they had full attendance

Dlmfan123
04-01-2021, 11:00 PM
Was watching some eldora videos this evening. Idk when this sh!ts gonna end but dam I can't wait to go back!! Only been once but I'm looking forward to it again.

buster83
04-02-2021, 12:17 AM
baseball @ 30% in Ohio

mskdorf
04-02-2021, 04:45 AM
Looks like E has the same schedule posted that they have up for a couple months. Don’t know how anyone missed it. Just imagine how excited we all will be when we get to walk through those gates. Might feel like the first time. I sure remember my first trip.

Rajflyboy
04-02-2021, 05:26 AM
Maybe you should put your money up for Tony to fight in court!Like I said earlier: you will never visit the sacred place known as Eldora- you are a homey keyboard social media race fan. And also probably the biggest idiot to join 4m! 3,000 nonsense post in 1 year from an air head!I’m certainly not going to support Eldora at this time or any other business that capitulated to the government this easily. Nope. Not gonna do it.

Josh Bayko
04-02-2021, 06:26 AM
And I don't believe they had full attendance

IIRC, only the Texas Rangers plan on allowing full crowds. Everybody else is at various percentages. I watched the Cubs-Bucs game, looked like they had somewhere around 5 or 6k there spread out all over the ballpark at Wrigley. It’s gonna be the sane here in Pittsburgh next week.

Pennsboro32
04-02-2021, 07:26 AM
Fly, what exactly are they supposed to do. Tell us.

T-MAC 39 FAN
04-02-2021, 09:18 AM
Flyboy I bet if bloomer had something to do w it you would be all for it!🤔

Buford.Justice
04-02-2021, 01:34 PM
No TD there isn't. It's just that many promoters try to keep the fans clueless about their profits, mainly the big operations.

And if they don't believe they will profit nicely they are prone to postponing or cancelling.

The days of racing until the rain starts falling is getting less and less.

GEAR_HEAD
04-02-2021, 01:48 PM
baseball @ 30% in Ohio

But that's the problem...the Constitution states that they cannot limit the assembly of people. Why can't people understand that?

foxfire2dirtracing
04-02-2021, 02:04 PM
It’s just not as easy/simple as you say- Gearhead. Hurdles to cross & licenses to loose. I know where you are coming from-believe me- but it’s just not as easy as opening up the ticket booth and saying “we are open.”
Please chill a little bit- we will get back to normalcy sooner than you think. This Covid crap caught the entire world of guard as far as how to handle it, how to re-act so forth & so on. Everyone’s lifestyle has changed during this mess- the United States can conquer and move forward from this- just not as quickly as you would like. Be thankful this virus hasn’t taken you down- stay strong and give hope to us all!

TDRacin®
04-02-2021, 02:25 PM
No TD there isn't. It's just that many promoters try to keep the fans clueless about their profits, mainly the big operations.

And if they don't believe they will profit nicely they are prone to postponing or cancelling.

The days of racing until the rain starts falling is getting less and less.

That's the privilege of being a private business. ;) They could be publicly-owned, which would be the death of almost any race track. I'm sure many companies want to keep their profits private. I don't think the sale of Eldora Speedway was ever made public. Would love to know how much it cost Tony, not to mention the fact how much it could have been sold for.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Property transfers are public. You can look that up at the appropriate Darke County office. There were at least 4 parcels of land. Maybe more. It's been years since I looked it up.

JimBo
04-02-2021, 10:22 PM
Property transfers are public. You can look that up at the appropriate Darke County office. There were at least 4 parcels of land. Maybe more. It's been years since I looked it up.

True but the public records reflect only the price of the sold real estate and not the business. The price of the ballroom and concession business is not necessarily reflected in that price. And let's face it the business the track does is worth a lot.

TDRacin®
04-02-2021, 10:52 PM

I tried to look it up when it was sold and never found it. Do you know?

BirkyAndTheShark
04-03-2021, 12:38 AM
I found this if it is accurate

Kyle7117
04-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Sounds like Ohio is lifting outside capacity. We shall see

Shiny Side Up 18
04-05-2021, 06:08 PM
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/05/ohio-starts-push-vaccinate-college-students-against-covid-19/7088280002/

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-05-2021, 06:09 PM
True but the public records reflect only the price of the sold real estate and not the business. The price of the ballroom and concession business is not necessarily reflected in that price. And let's face it the business the track does is worth a lot.
The price given for the land was way more than what the land was worth for farming and buildings. It was 8 to 10 million or so, if I remember correctly.

But, I'm not saying that is or isn't the whole pie. I have no idea.

kazual
04-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Why are some folks so worried about what other people make or what they’re worth. Never understood. If you’re worried about what a promoter is making it’s simple, quit going.

dirtcrazy4u
04-05-2021, 06:48 PM
You a** clowns just don't get it do you. The big E draws attention, the camping although I believe it has been calmed down a lot, doesn't need attention drawn to the speedway for the wrong reasons. The world and many other events have people confined to a area that doesn't take a great deal to be there for many situations. Why ruffle feathers on the local and state levels if you don't have to. Maybe if there was a outbreak and it was traced back to a event ? Maybe Tony doesn't need to deal with that.

buster83
04-06-2021, 01:43 AM
Out of my hands Gear_Head. but i just don't see Tony turning money away.

buster83
04-07-2021, 07:54 AM
Ohio reducing restrictions so maybe there is Hope.

jr29
04-07-2021, 08:01 AM
baseball @ 30% in Ohio

That's a normal home game in Cincinnati. No need for anyone to get worked up.

Jim11h
04-07-2021, 09:19 AM
Outside restrictions lifted but still must wear mask and social distance. The words were changed but still same effects

TS FAN
04-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Who is going to police mask wearing and distancing at a dirt track race?? A big LOL
Another big track put up signs like that, and I knew someone who attends. Are they doing any
of that? Nope the place is at capacity and no one is wearing a mask. Good Good Good was my response.

GEAR_HEAD
04-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Who is going to police mask wearing and distancing at a dirt track race?? A big LOL
Another big track put up signs like that, and I knew someone who attends. Are they doing any
of that? Nope the place is at capacity and no one is wearing a mask. Good Good Good was my response.

I got a survey in my email a couple weeks ago asking my opinion of the Dirt Nationals at Bristol. One of questions asked me to rate their Covid rules enforcement. I gave it the highest rating possible...because they didn't enforce it at all! It was great. Even the police weren't wearing masks and we were all joking around with them.

TDRacin®
04-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Eldora tweet today-

Yes. Hang in there, lots still going on behind the scenes but full schedule should be coming very soon.

Dlmfan123
04-12-2021, 08:47 PM
Eldora is at it again on Twitter,

RiffRaf67
04-13-2021, 11:38 AM
I wonder if whomever is running that twitter account realizes how geniunely annoying these cryptic and uninformative tweets are

chathamracefan
04-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Eldora just posted a vid. 2 Dreams 2 worlds and 2 kings Royal. Wed thru Saturday each week. The Wed Thursday show will be the 2021 race and the Friday Saturday will be true 2020 show. Ticket details to follow.

zyoung25
04-13-2021, 07:18 PM
That's a lot of money on the line, but that's also big cost for teams. I'll be curious to see how the car count is for the mid week shows.

TerryM
04-13-2021, 07:31 PM
So those of us who already have our World 100 tickets from 2020, can show up a day early and see two World 100’s in three days? LOL, that sounds almost too good to be true. Wow. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed still. It would be awesome, but nothing is guaranteed yet.

Rajflyboy
04-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Fans or No fans?

Kryptonite17
04-13-2021, 07:56 PM
https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/eldora-returns-in-21/

TDRacin®
04-13-2021, 08:35 PM
Here's how tickets will work for the Dream and World (and King's Royal)-

To review, the ‘Double Majors’ weeks are setup as Wednesday being the opening night for the Thursday finale. Friday is then the opening night for the Saturday finale. Each major event carries with it an opening night night of full racing action.
If you had a Saturday ticket in 2020, your ticket is good for Saturday in 2021
If you had a Friday ticket in 2020, your ticket is good for Friday in 2021
Patrons holding Saturday tickets from 2020 will get first opportunity to purchase Thursday tickets for 2021 prior to public sales.
If you had a Thursday ticket in 2020, your ticket is good for Wednesday in 2021
Further information will be communicated regarding the ticketing process for these events soon.

TerryM
04-13-2021, 09:13 PM
I’m loving this.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-13-2021, 09:17 PM
Flyboy
What difference does it make to you- you can’t leave the Carolina’s.