PDA

View Full Version : Left Rear Bump Stop

Bottomfeeder17
03-16-2021, 08:59 AM
I've been reading this morning and couldn't find alot of info on putting a bump stop on the left rear behind shock. I am new to late models but couldn't you run a lower rate spring/springs and add a bump to get your desired ride height and load without effecting your expanded load number? or would this be sluggish trying to left the left rear versus a traditional load from the springs?

bcarrot28
03-16-2021, 10:21 AM
I tried it and it made the car very lazy to get on the nose/lift left rear. I may not have had all my loads 100% correct either.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-16-2021, 03:00 PM
I've been reading this morning and couldn't find alot of info on putting a bump stop on the left rear behind shock. I am new to late models but couldn't you run a lower rate spring/springs and add a bump to get your desired ride height and load without effecting your expanded load number? or would this be sluggish trying to left the left rear versus a traditional load from the springs?

Yes, you can. Actually, if you have a spring rate in the less than 100# range, I find you pretty much have to.

cjsracing
03-16-2021, 03:17 PM
Yes, you can. Actually, if you have a spring rate in the less than 100# range, I find you pretty much have to.

Agree. I had to put bumps on the LR of my Mastersbilt when stacks weren't allowed with a 100# spring.

Bottomfeeder17
03-18-2021, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys. I will try it this weekend if the rain holds off

brett4
03-22-2021, 05:37 PM
on the extension side or rebound side ?? and why?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-22-2021, 07:35 PM
on the extension side or rebound side ?? and why?

The lower the rate, the less consistent your ride height stays. It gets too low, you find yourself scratching your head like the thread on here about the triple stack.

Aussieracer71
03-22-2021, 07:54 PM
The lower the rate, the less consistent your ride height stays. It gets too low, you find yourself scratching your head like the thread on here about the triple stack. Ha Ha Ha, so it wasn't just me.

Jking24
03-23-2021, 05:28 AM
Simply put it allows you to maintain a given ride height while being able to alter extended load on a single spring or very low spring rate setup. Super common in many crate classes