PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Bernheisel at Williams Grove

NeedforLM$peed
03-27-2021, 12:33 PM
https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=6353&utm_campaign=doddirtwire&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=dirtwire&utm_term=copy.bernheisel&rtid=dirtondirt&coverage_id=dirtondirt

84wedge
03-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Wow. Start at 1:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCw77ioQrJs

HoosierDirtFan
03-27-2021, 01:46 PM
Just saw an article says he's in the hospital with neck and back fractures.

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 02:23 PM
Oh boy, here we go again 🙄

84wedge
03-27-2021, 02:46 PM
The day will come when rules are made to tame how easily these cars launch into space and that day will be someone famous dying.

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 03:38 PM
If I had a quarter for every time a late model got on its lid, I would have retired years earlier. Good Lord.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2021, 04:11 PM
If I had a quarter for every time a late model got on its lid, I would have retired years earlier. Good Lord.

It used to never happen.

dirtMAN007
03-27-2021, 04:32 PM

I think that’s a little more than “getting on its lid “!

dirtMAN007
03-27-2021, 04:37 PM
The dirt on dirt race wire wrap up shows he started the feature and finished last !!!!!! Did run a backup car ?

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 05:51 PM
It used to never happen.

I could make a list but it's not worth the time.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2021, 05:53 PM
I could make a list but it's not worth the time.

I never saw a dlm make an unaided roll before probably 1996. Since that time, the frequency just keeps increasing. It used to just be something sprint cars did.

And the fact is, it's a fairly dangerous event.

I'd love to hear your story of a guy at an NDRA event sending it into the corner and spontaneously barrelling.

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 05:59 PM
I never saw a car make an unaided roll before probably 1996. Since that time, the frequency just keeps increasing. It used to just be something sprint cars did.

But it's been common for 25 years. Thank you.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2021, 06:00 PM
But it's been common for 25 years. Thank you.

No. It's been common for less than 10. And that's being generous.

ZERO25
03-27-2021, 06:04 PM

But the wily veterans dont do it near as much!

Jking24
03-27-2021, 06:07 PM
The day will come when rules are made to tame how easily these cars launch into space and that day will be someone famous dying.Maybe the day will come when people start adjusting their cars for the condition they are racing on. You can't blame everything on hike and rules. Their are several adjustments that can be made in these cars that would prevent this from happening. Non of the other cars flipped over all by them selves. I know the bernhiesels personally and wish them nothing but the best. But the bottom line is Brian was to tight for the condition and I'm sure their not pointing fingers at anybody or anything it's the chance you take when you race

ZERO25
03-27-2021, 06:10 PM
Maybe the day will come when people start adjusting their cars for the condition they are racing on. You can't blame everything on hike and rules. Their are several adjustments that can be made in these cars that would prevent this from happening. Non of the other cars flipped over all by them selves. I know the bernhiesels personally and wish them nothing but the best. But the bottom line is Brian was to tight for the condition and I'm sure their not pointing fingers at anybody or anything it's the chance you take when you race

Jim already commented to one FB warrior, that the track being rough wasnt the cause!

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 06:18 PM

I've seen Brad Neat do it 3 times I believe. When is the last time he's raced? 10 years? Whatever.

NeedforLM$peed
03-27-2021, 07:07 PM
Didn't look rough but I noticed before that some of the cars were going in the corner and not really sliding the rear. It was all traction.

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2021, 07:20 PM
Sometimes they let their right foot override their brain. Seen many do it.

crazyt
03-27-2021, 08:02 PM
I've seen Brad Neat do it 3 times I believe. When is the last time he's raced? 10 years? Whatever.

Seen him flip 2 in one night at prp at a lucas show

chupp n bloomer fan
03-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Glad he isn’t more seriously hurt. Thank God he didn’t land on the guardrail.

It is more common than ever because the cars have way too much traction. And it didn’t used to happen unabated near as much, very rarely. Sorry, it didn’t. Not like now.

But, I think it really comes down to not having your car have so much bite in it. Do something to free it up, not have it so locked into the track.

He!!, the craze was three wheeling it all the way around. Now it’s so much traction ya might flip you take the turn wrong with a tacky track.

NeedforLM$peed
03-28-2021, 01:04 AM
Watch the replay from the WoO sprint race from last night. They couldn't even race going into turn 1 and through turn 2. They were almost doing summersaults. 3-4 weren't much better.

Josh Bayko
03-28-2021, 09:12 AM
I saw quite a few cars flip back in the 3 wheelin’ days.

I do think modern setups where there’s no real give on the right side if it gets a little swirly does make the cars more prone to go over.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-28-2021, 09:21 AM
3 wheeling days are when you started to see it on occasion. The cg was pretty high then, but the rr tire wasn't stuck that great. I was at a track 2 years ago where 7 cars rolled. They didn't cancel or anything.

T-MAC 39 FAN
03-28-2021, 02:07 PM
He was having surgery on his neck today. Had to fuze a vertebrae. No spinal nerve damage. Says he will have full recovery

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-28-2021, 02:20 PM
He was having surgery on his neck today. Had to fuze a vertebrae. No spinal nerve damage. Says he will have full recovery

Fusion isn't fun, but that's good news!

ClampedUp
03-28-2021, 05:11 PM
Know more than a few people in the construction trades that spinal fusion ended their careers, but also know ones that worked to retirement without issues.

dirtcrazy4u
03-29-2021, 05:33 AM
There's a good chance his driving days are over. They try to bury the RF and get the LR up as high as they can. Shocks are the issue, nobody touched him and look what happened.

LeafMaster41
03-29-2021, 08:29 AM
It used to never happen.

I agree. From 86' when I first got involved thru 97' before running, "On the Hook"became a thing I think I saw 2 cars get upside down in that time and both were slow rolls. Both times were slow push overs, one with Billy Moyer at Dixie in 97' and the other was Buster Goss at Rome in 86' or 87'. After "Getting up on the Bars" became the norm you could see from the cars attitude it could easily flip, with no help needed. I make it no secret my disdain for current DLM setups for just this reason. I know the Jeannie can't be put back in the bottle as far as knowing how to make cars run this way, but it would be easy to get back to flatter running cars and stop all this unnecessary carnage. Costs would come down some too and maybe we could start growing again and be a little less elitist centric.