PDA

View Full Version : WoO tour thinning out again

thexfactor0210
04-02-2021, 10:19 PM
As with with every year we get so many guys saying they will run the national tours for the first time and they dont make it to May. Looks like Jackson, Brezeale, Bailes, and Scott are no shows at Farmer City.

NeedforLM$peed
04-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Only one I would assume that would stay on the entire season would be Bailes. Currently it's on their website and don't see anywhere saying they weren't coming.

nc mudcat
04-03-2021, 05:09 AM
Bailes at Friendship for Carolina Clash tonight.

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 05:54 AM
No reason to drive all the way to Illinois with the current gas prices if you can race near home in the Carolinas.

dirtcrazy4u
04-03-2021, 06:01 AM
Fly boy. Your actually Reuben in disguise ? Right

jr29
04-03-2021, 06:01 AM
If these guys are gonna drop off the tour before Easter I wish they'd stop releasing press statements telling us they are gonna run the whole thing. It's pretentious and annoying.

Pennsboro32
04-03-2021, 07:36 AM
Bailes is the only surprising one to me. But he’s still probably better off running regionally down south.

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 07:38 AM
If these guys are gonna drop off the tour before Easter I wish they'd stop releasing press statements telling us they are gonna run the whole thing. It's pretentious and annoying.Drive all the way to Illinois for a couple nights ? No other races in the series in that area. Bristol dirt next week? It’s financially stupid to make that trip for most of the teams that do not live within a few hours of the place. It’s not like water in gas tanks will get you there. You need big time gas money.

GEAR_HEAD
04-03-2021, 09:06 AM
You would think for teams that have $200k+ rigs diesel prices really wouldn't be one of their primary concerns. That's the equivalent of people with $100k+ campers complaining about tracks charging for camping.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-03-2021, 09:11 AM
You would think for teams that have $200k+ rigs diesel prices really wouldn't be one of their primary concerns. That's the equivalent of people with $100k+ campers complaining about tracks charging for camping.

They don't own those rigs. The bank does. They carry 20 year notes. 6mpg adds up quickly.

NeedforLM$peed
04-03-2021, 09:56 AM
How expensive is diesel. $2.77 here. Didn't stop guys like Madden, Spencer, Eckert, Allen Murray, Dillard, Albertson, Bronson and a couple others coming from long distance. Atleast 4-5 of them aren't even running for WoO points.

WisWildManFan
04-03-2021, 09:57 AM
I just think they didn’t want an Illinois a$$ whipping lol. This state isn’t good for much but late model racing is a highlight.

JimBo
04-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Eighth-starting Tony Jackson Jr. racing close to home crossed the finish line in second last night at Poplar Bluff Missouri in the Comp Cams tour.

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-03-2021, 10:10 AM
How expensive is diesel. $2.77 here. Didn't stop guys like Madden, Spencer, Eckert, Allen Murray, Dillard, Albertson, Bronson and a couple others coming from long distance. Atleast 4-5 of them aren't even running for WoO points.

It’s well over $3 a gallon in most of the Midwest

CILDirt
04-03-2021, 10:11 AM
You would think for teams that have $200k+ rigs diesel prices really wouldn't be one of their primary concerns. That's the equivalent of people with $100k+ campers complaining about tracks charging for camping.Exactly. I’m so sick of seeing drivers complain about fuel prices on social media. Maybe they are in the wrong line of work. Get a desk job. I’m looking at you BMJ.

over4T
04-03-2021, 10:54 AM
Diesel's knocking on $4 on the left coast and premium gas, and some regular, is over $4. We use an 8.1 big block Chevy that gets around 7 or 8 mpg on an easy ride and choke on our fuel bills when we venture more than a couple of hours up or down the road.

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 11:22 AM
It would also be better if they had multiple races in the approximate area over a few days or a week. Obviously.

84wedge
04-03-2021, 11:26 AM
In Canada, diesel is $1.20 a litre which converts to about $4.60 a gallon, the vast majority of which is taxes.

kazual
04-03-2021, 03:32 PM
Not surprised at Jackson, kinda expected it. As far as the press releases in advance of the season I’d say WOO is primarily responsible for the fluff.

Josh Bayko
04-03-2021, 03:55 PM
The national touring life seems sexy to lots of racers until they actually do it. It really isn’t for the feint of heart.

One Man Gang
04-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Breazeale blew up his only motor at Cherokee last weekend and D!ckens couldn’t get him one ready by this weekend. Don’t know how that’ll effect the rest of his season as far as running WoO

Jking24
04-03-2021, 04:50 PM
Breazeale was never running the woo this year. And as far as the big announcements they don't get all the product handouts over the winter without declaring officially their gonna run.

Dlmfan123
04-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Breazeale was never running the woo this year. And as far as the big announcements they don't get all the product handouts over the winter without declaring officially their gonna run.Braezele said in florida he was gonna try but like the above poster said he blew up his only motor

One Man Gang
04-03-2021, 05:44 PM
JKing, the plan was to run WoO as much as possible but the blown motor has done kinked up the plans for now

84wedge
04-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Tyler Bruening si running WoO now. Eshelman said it so take it with a grain of salt.

Onlydirtlate22
04-03-2021, 06:47 PM
So Clanton, Bruening and Strickler all switched from Lucas to WoO now?

NeedforLM$peed
04-03-2021, 07:37 PM
So Clanton, Bruening and Strickler all switched from Lucas to WoO now?

Clanton was most likely going back to WoO before the season started and before he was in the hospital

jr29
04-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Whoever is responsible for the press releases, it's pretentious, annoying, and unprofessional. Nothing I've read here has changed my mind.

latemodelman
04-04-2021, 09:58 AM
The thing is with being on a Tour if your in the top 12 in points you get soo much tow money and such. Plus the money at the end of the year. But I think if you really want to see a big thing happen maybe have a big sponsor decide to run a true Tour. Say have the following races in it. Dirt Late Model Dream, Firecracker 100, North South 100, World 100, Knoxville, and Dirt Track World Championship and Settle it at the Charlotte races in November. 7 races and all pay a decent purse and pay the top 20 in points and payout can be 60,000 to win and break it down to where 20th pays 2,000. Plus WOO and Lucas can co sanction the races if they want and give points out as well. It would be neat to see who is the best of the best.

TheJet-09
04-04-2021, 11:50 AM
Wasn't that the idea with the "Big Johnson" deal they had way back when? I forget, but if I recall it was only certain crown jewel events.

bleedblue55
04-04-2021, 05:08 PM
The thing is with being on a Tour if your in the top 12 in points you get soo much tow money and such. Plus the money at the end of the year. But I think if you really want to see a big thing happen maybe have a big sponsor decide to run a true Tour. Say have the following races in it. Dirt Late Model Dream, Firecracker 100, North South 100, World 100, Knoxville, and Dirt Track World Championship and Settle it at the Charlotte races in November. 7 races and all pay a decent purse and pay the top 20 in points and payout can be 60,000 to win and break it down to where 20th pays 2,000. Plus WOO and Lucas can co sanction the races if they want and give points out as well. It would be neat to see who is the best of the best.
I think WOO changed that a couple years ago and pay tow money to everyone that has perfect attendance on the tour.

Morgs153
04-04-2021, 08:23 PM
I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.

So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started.

But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.

Dlmfan123
04-04-2021, 08:54 PM
I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started. But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.He didn't go to Cherokee either

zyoung25
04-04-2021, 08:55 PM
Wasn't that the idea with the "Big Johnson" deal they had way back when? I forget, but if I recall it was only certain crown jewel events.

It was something similar to that. It's sad how much the shootout and blue/gray have fallen off since then.

0_VodooChild_0
04-05-2021, 12:13 AM
Albertson races out of Dubuque Iowa. About 240 miles from Farmer City, Illinois.

Dlmfan123
04-06-2021, 02:02 AM
Junghans is dropping off too

dirtcrazy4u
04-06-2021, 06:19 AM
Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.

Rajflyboy
04-06-2021, 06:48 AM
Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.This this this 👍👍👍

Pennsboro32
04-06-2021, 07:14 AM
Junghans is dropping off too

That's interesting, he's been a regular for quite some time. That MLRA deal would be good for him IMO.

Highside Hustler25
04-06-2021, 07:41 AM
Chase generally is fast at FC. He had to be pretty disappointed to turn down the provisional and load up.

WisWildManFan
04-06-2021, 11:44 AM
I am actually a little surprised by Tony Jackson Jr. I will be the first to admit that I made jokes about the chassis jumping but as far as racing, he is an experienced and solid runner and this year seemed to have good backing and a partnership with DLR 29. Touring with a "partner team" is always a bit easier than going it alone.So, this year he started out with a bunch of extra starts down in Florida. That maybe was a few too many as far as being a budget buster. In most cases he was one of the better movers through the field and almost always improved from where he started. But here's the deal. Farmer City is not a world away from Lebanon, MO. Yeah, four/five hours but not a killer drive.Heard at FC from someone who knows him personally he had a sponsorship fall through.

Dlmfan123
04-06-2021, 11:47 AM
That's interesting, he's been a regular for quite some time. That MLRA deal would be good for him IMO.He going to wheatland this weekend

Hoosier_Dirt
04-06-2021, 03:12 PM
Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.

Totally agree, and I feel you'll see more and more do it.

Dlmfan123
04-07-2021, 10:45 PM
Bailes isn't driving for big frog anymore. He wanted to switch to Longhorns and big frog wasn't interested

T-MAC 39 FAN
04-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Bailes isn't driving for big frog anymore. He wanted to switch to Longhorns and big frog wasn't interestedU may see him back in Hicks #79 car. They were a good fit

TBSprintFan
04-08-2021, 04:55 AM
Bailes isn't driving for big frog anymore. He wanted to switch to Longhorns and big frog wasn't interested

Drivers wanting to spend more team owners money by having them switch chassis manufacturers, I see the same thing happening with Strickler and his car owner too by splitting up. Car owners only have so much money too.

nc mudcat
04-08-2021, 05:20 AM
Bailes wanted to switch chassis, yes, but wanting to stay closer to home with a fairly new baby was probably the decision-maker. He'll do some good things in the Hicks car, starting at Bristol.

Action10
04-08-2021, 07:50 AM
Whats the surprise. It happens every year. Guys announce there going on tour, they go to Florida and by the time those rigs are heading back north they start doubting those decisions. They get back and the bills start rolling in for hotels, weeks in florida in February isn't cheap, meals, pit gate expenses and I didn't even get to rig and car expenses. Can you blame them, NO. We've all commented on Brandon Overton, you think lucas or WoO wouldn't like to see him jump on tour ? They pick and choose and it's proven over and over that it is a more cost effective way to go. I'd say there probably the smart ones.Overton is smart for doing it the way he does. Similar but not exactly the same as the way guys like Babb and Moyer do it. They are capable of running a national tour but makes more financial and personal sense not to for them.

Josh Bayko
04-08-2021, 09:27 AM
It’s a hell of a lot cheaper to replace the driver than it is to replace cars and spares. I don’t think people realize that sometimes.

Pennsboro32
04-08-2021, 09:34 AM
I'm interested in seeing who gets the Big Frog ride.

foxfire2dirtracing
04-08-2021, 09:52 AM
For some reason nobody stays in that ride very long- any ideas as to why?

gb81racing
04-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Chase Junghans has dropped off the WoO tour now also. Going to a pick n choose schedule the rest of the year.

MRM
04-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Chase Junghans has dropped off the WoO tour now also. Going to a pick n choose schedule the rest of the year.

I really thought he was going to do that a few years ago. Kind of surprised by the timing.

NeedforLM$peed
04-08-2021, 02:05 PM
I kinda assumed after passing on the provisional that was the end.

DLC
04-08-2021, 07:17 PM
So how many are left on the tour ??

NeedforLM$peed
04-08-2021, 08:37 PM
So how many are left on the tour ??

11-12 I believe.

Onlydirtlate22
04-09-2021, 01:32 PM
WoO:1. Kyle Strickler2. Brandon Sheppard3. Tyler Bruening4. Dennis Erb Jr5. Ricky Weiss6. Chris Madden7. Cade Dillard8. Darrell Lanigan9. Scott Bloomquist10. Boom Briggs11. Ryan Gustin12. Shane Clanton13. Brent Larson14. Blake SpencerLucas:1. Hudson O’Neal2. Devin Moran3. Tim McCreadie4. Kyle Bronson5. Josh Richards6. Mike Marlar7. Ricky Thornton Jr8. Tyler Erb9. Jimmy Owens10. Jonathan Davenport11. Earl Pearson Jr12. Tanner English13. Billy Moyer Jr

Dlmfan123
04-09-2021, 01:48 PM
^bmj broke his foot the other day and said he will probably be out for 4-6 weeks