PDA

View Full Version : Grooming a track

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 11:17 AM
I’m just watching the re run on this Bristol cup dirt race. This is how you groom a racetrack. Dirt tracks should have a proper cushion and this one did. It had multiple grooves as well. Well done by the crew who did this 👍👍👍

klemmabyna
04-03-2021, 11:38 AM
do you know what a cushion is?

84wedge
04-03-2021, 11:46 AM
You don't make over 3,000 posts in a year if you know what things are.

3 wide
04-03-2021, 12:07 PM
Well the track was terrible they were trying to water it between stages just to keep the dust down that said your not going to have a track running 40 cars 250 laps.

nc mudcat
04-03-2021, 12:32 PM
Terrible grooming job. The best-groomed track was the wet one the trucks only made a lap and a half on. With real dirt cars, there would have been some awesome racing.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Track was crap. There was no cushion. They were backed into a corner though. Get NASCAR for these dirt races to get rid of the dam windshields and yes I’m going to say it, I think the racing would be bad a$$. That truck race woulda been great. But with windshields they can’t race on a good dirt track, it’s truly a death sentence, accident waiting to happen.

I watched the fiasco from Saturday, holy cow was that bad. Get rid of the windshields and they would be great.

Barbecueboy
04-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Hey fly....the blue ridge guys are racing at lakeview tonight, I went to the lakeview page and they have some footage of them working the track....check it.

Under normal circumstances I would make the drive over and watch, but I'm gonna catch it from the recliner on speed 51.

Waldo
04-03-2021, 12:40 PM
Asphalt cars should race on Asphalt and dirt cars should race on dirt. I don't understand why anybody would think it is a good idea to run Nascars on dirt. If you ran Dirt late models on an Asphalt track wouldn't this be the same situation. Dosen't make sense.

Barbecueboy
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM
They need to just go to eldora and race it .....and take the windshields out.

Or put dirt on bowman gray and make them race pure stocks.

Waldo
04-03-2021, 12:50 PM
That's what i'm saying. Nascar can run dirt races that's fine. But why are u running Asphalt cars on dirt? The nascar drivers should be in dirt cars, Late models, pure stocks, or Fwd hornets. lol........would be better. Run a sanctioned nascar race in pure stocks.

BloomerWon
04-03-2021, 01:23 PM
do you know what a cushion is?

😁 Apparently not....... lol

I agree that it was good racing tho...

BloomerWon
04-03-2021, 01:29 PM
They did an ok job on prep considering how much water was on it...

ZERO25
04-03-2021, 01:49 PM
Asphalt cars should race on Asphalt and dirt cars should race on dirt. I don't understand why anybody would think it is a good idea to run Nascars on dirt. If you ran Dirt late models on an Asphalt track wouldn't this be the same situation. Dosen't make sense.

I dunno. Street stocks weighing 3,000 lbs put on a pretty good show last week. Most were stock gm metrics chassis's!

Cup cars have a 60's based Ford frontend and 70's Chevy rear truck arm susp.

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 05:09 PM
They need to just go to eldora and race it .....and take the windshields out.Or put dirt on bowman gray and make them race pure stocks.Eldora = paved track grooming with no cushion when trucks ran there. Just bang right rear off wall for traction. Not a fan. 250 laps on dirt. It’s gonna be a dry mess. Hard to stop that without 1.5 hour track grooming sessions every 75 laps.

Rajflyboy
04-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Hey fly....the blue ridge guys are racing at lakeview tonight, I went to the lakeview page and they have some footage of them working the track....check it.Under normal circumstances I would make the drive over and watch, but I'm gonna catch it from the recliner on speed 51.Blue Ridge late Models folks are squared away. Good series 👍. Hopefully I will see them at Lancaster in a few weeks.

Josh Bayko
04-03-2021, 10:13 PM
We all seriously have to stop feeding this troll.

BloomerWon
04-03-2021, 10:37 PM
We all seriously have to stop feeding this troll.

Which one? 😊

Rajflyboy
04-04-2021, 06:06 AM
We all seriously have to stop feeding this troll.Learn how to groom a track then. 😜

chupp n bloomer fan
04-04-2021, 06:55 AM
Asphalt cars should race on Asphalt and dirt cars should race on dirt. I don't understand why anybody would think it is a good idea to run Nascars on dirt. If you ran Dirt late models on an Asphalt track wouldn't this be the same situation. Dosen't make sense.They would be fine on dirt, they have ran dirt late models on asphalt, numerous times. I believe BB mods as well. Just can’t have a dam windshield.

Josh Bayko
04-04-2021, 06:57 AM
Big block mods on asphalt were pretty cool. Quickly turned into asphalt specific (dirt) cars though.

Krooser
04-04-2021, 08:01 PM
https://youtu.be/uUpirSqyH9I

Rajflyboy
04-04-2021, 08:25 PM
https://youtu.be/uUpirSqyH9IGreat equipment. Send it to the Chili Bowl.

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 08:58 PM
https://youtu.be/-5VDPsgl2LQ

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Great equipment. Send it to the Chili Bowl.

You are such a clueless POS

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 09:07 PM
Great equipment. Send it to the Chili Bowl.

You was doing good right up to when you said take it to the chilli B... lol... Don't pay no attention to Ernie there. He's dckless and has big insecurity issues... 😆

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 09:16 PM
You are such a clueless POS

You my be right about being clueless but what makes you any less the POS?

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-04-2021, 09:19 PM
s the guy no one has met and never even attends races... yet acts like such a hard@$$... blackford you’ve always been the biggest joke on 4m.

Just like Flyboy, how can you reference things like the Chili Bowl if you’ve never been? I promise you’ve never attended, and Flyboy most certainly hasn’t attended a race outside of NC/SC...

If Gerald Newton would quit robbing drivers of Money while feeding his gambling addiction, maybe he could actually turn 4m into what it used to be... a place for fans to gather and talk racing... before faceless clowns like you and others ruined it.

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 09:57 PM
You didn't answer my question Ernie and you don't know half the sht you think you know boy! Like I've told you before... kiss my ass! 😉

intel8
04-04-2021, 10:34 PM
Post #27, Tenofstupidity, I've met Blackford at the track before (Farley) try again!

T-MAC 39 FAN
04-04-2021, 10:37 PM
You didn't answer my question Ernie and you don't know half the sht you think you know boy! Like I've told you before... kiss my ass! He prolly speaking the truth!Truth hurt there phat boy!😁

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 10:40 PM
He prolly speaking the truth!Truth hurt there phat boy!

Like whats been said about your mother? Yep...
HAHAHAHAHAHA

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-04-2021, 11:39 PM
Like whats been said about your mother? Yep...
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You are such an ignorant, uneducated, waste of oxygen that you immediately start taking pot shots at people. But the only problem is.. you are such a POS, that you only live in shadows. Some of us are real people. Sure we all have our faults, but I go to the World 100... I go to Knoxville... I go to I-80.... you don’t go to anything because you are afraid. You are nothing more than a frightened little pu$$y

BloomerWon
04-04-2021, 11:56 PM
What am i frightened of, you? Lmao... You prove you have no clue by saying I'm a puzzy when you've never seen one. You're a special kind of nut case coming on here spewing your cok sucker about weather or not I've been where... It's more then obvious you are a pos from all the years you've been on here talking sht to others. Like you're doing now...

Now go jerk off to your boyscouts illustrated magazine you got yesterday and fuc yourself silly 😁

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-05-2021, 02:58 AM
What am i frightened of, you? Lmao... You prove you have no clue by saying I'm a puzzy when you've never seen one. You're a special kind of nut case coming on here spewing your cok sucker about weather or not I've been where... It's more then obvious you are a pos from all the years you've been on here talking sht to others. Like you're doing now...

Now go jerk off to your boyscouts illustrated magazine you got yesterday and fuc yourself silly 

I’m not talking $hit... I’m being truthful. Flyboy has 3k posts in less than a year, and he talks about things he has no clue about. You are some kind of 4m bully that won’t ever show his face. You have roughly 14 names on here, and you just talk to yourself back and forth... about nothing!

Anytime.... anywhere... you come out of the shadows, and prove who you are. But you won’t because you are just too afraid. I’ve met multiple people from 4m and I still talk to quite a few, but Atleast I don’t hide behind numerous screen names like you. So end the BS, and shine that light on you. Prove me and countless others wrong

dirtcrazy4u
04-05-2021, 05:08 AM
Get a room, geeesh.

dirtcrazy4u
04-05-2021, 05:12 AM
I have a new idea for you guys. Quit talking sh*t on one another or for that matter on someone. Go look in the mirror and see if your nips are firming up. If they are, your hopeless. Why can't people just get along with each other.

Rajflyboy
04-05-2021, 05:22 AM
One of the xm racing shows the other day mentioned how chili bowl track prep took too long for the fans and for TV. I’m not the only one.

Highside Hustler25
04-05-2021, 06:29 AM
Nothing like a good cat fight 👍 or kitten fight 😆

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 07:22 AM
Ernie, you big dumb flab of crap! My name is Phil Pulliam. I live in Maple Park, Il. I've been going to tracks all over this here US OF A since befor you (somehow) came into this world lol. Please stfu now before I really make a fool out of you. Thank you.

And anytime you want to see my face I will do my best to accommodate you, but I can't guarantee I won't laugh my mf'n ass off... 👊😎

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 07:39 AM
Nothing like a good cat fight  or kitten fight 

The fight is in Ernie's pea sized nuddle 😃 The poor dude is more messed up then I realized! Must be LDS... Little D!k Syndrome. 😆

3 wide
04-05-2021, 08:50 AM
https://youtu.be/uUpirSqyH9IThat is the way they do it at Tri state speedway Tom Helfrich farms so he has all the equipment maybe the best prepared track in the country.

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 10:20 AM
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?403282-Grooming-a-track&p=2386774#post2386774
"If Gerald Newton would quit robbing drivers of Money while feeding his gambling addiction, maybe he could actually turn 4m into what it used to be... a place for fans to gather and talk racing... before faceless clowns like you and others ruined it."

Why bring the owner if this site into this? 4m suicide mabe? Someone get Ernie the help he needs...

chupp n bloomer fan
04-05-2021, 10:22 AM
Wow, CSX got a massive derailment in this thread. Wowzer, entertaining though.

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 10:24 AM
Post #27, Tenofstupidity, I've met Blackford at the track before (Farley) try again!

He is trying... got to give him that. 😁

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 10:49 AM
Wow, CSX got a massive derailment in this thread. Wowzer, entertaining though.

Massive is right... have you ever seen ernie?? The dude looks like a beached whale!! I'd be a crotchety angry mad at the world pos too going through life like that.... lol

kazual
04-05-2021, 12:14 PM
Couple tracks in our area covered asphalt with dirt over the years, took a long time to get it right and one never did Given a first time effort, the sheer number of cars, and some weather challenges over the course of several days thought it turned out ok, I’d give them a B+.

T-MAC 39 FAN
04-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Massive is right... have you ever seen ernie?? The dude looks like a beached whale!! I'd be a crotchety angry mad at the world pos too going through life like that.... lolSo u have met him then. 🤔Interesting

BloomerWon
04-05-2021, 01:06 PM
So u have met him then. 樂Interesting

He's ons of your mom's biggest customers... down at the truck stop.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

klemmabyna
04-05-2021, 05:56 PM
well that certainly went off topic. i thought the question was if the thread originator had any clue of what a cushion at a dirt track meant. but carry on.

Action10
04-05-2021, 06:55 PM
well that certainly went off topic. i thought the question was if the thread originator had any clue of what a cushion at a dirt track meant. but carry on.Bingo... Most of the threads on here become crazy debates and name calling that have nothing to do with the original topic.

Waldo
04-05-2021, 08:44 PM
I sit on a cushion at the dirt track.

Waldo
04-05-2021, 08:54 PM
Why question the originator of a thread? That is off topic. If u don't like what they say don't respond.

Rajflyboy
04-05-2021, 09:21 PM
We know what it is and why it is there. I see no reason to prep a track for a cushion that’s 2 feet from the wall. I know during the race it may end up there but I don’t like tracks that prep it that way

Krooser
04-05-2021, 10:02 PM

And he came to my Fairbury 4m "Meet and Greet" a few years ago...

BloomerWon
04-06-2021, 05:39 PM
That wasn't really me at the 4m meet. It was an imposter. I'm to afraid to show my face... 😁

Highside Hustler25
04-06-2021, 09:57 PM
And he came to my Fairbury 4m "Meet and Greet" a few years ago...

all two of ya's:D

NeedforLM$peed
04-06-2021, 10:14 PM
Ernie, you big dumb flab of crap! My name is Phil Pulliam. I live in Maple Park, Il. I've been going to tracks all over this here US OF A since befor you (somehow) came into this world lol. Please stfu now before I really make a fool out of you. Thank you.

And anytime you want to see my face I will do my best to accommodate you, but I can't guarantee I won't laugh my mf'n ass off... 

Google says you have 6 cell phones. Is that to handle all the usernames? Asking for a friend. His name is Ritchie.

BloomerWon
04-06-2021, 10:58 PM
Google says you have 6 cell phones. Is that to handle all the usernames? Asking for a friend. His name is Ritchie.

Could you call those mumbers for me so I can find the 5 I lost. I know they must be in the couch or the recliner. Prolly both. 😀

Krooser
04-07-2021, 08:39 PM
That is the way they do it at Tri state speedway Tom Helfrich farms so he has all the equipment maybe the best prepared track in the country.

I walked Tri-State several years ago about noon on race day. You are right... Tom "Half-Rich" does a spectacular job on track prep.

Krooser
04-07-2021, 08:39 PM
all two of ya's:D

Yep...three's a crowd!

The only thing that surprised me was that Blackie was wearing a thong and a Dolly Parton wig... he's getting awful close to my styling secrets !!!

Barbecueboy
04-09-2021, 11:21 AM
Could you call those mumbers for me so I can find the 5 I lost. I know they must be in the couch or the recliner. Prolly both. 

Why are all these phones ringing at the goodwill store near all the burnt tshirts?