PDA

View Full Version : Lucas at Tri City and Macon cancelled

NeedforLM$peed
04-22-2021, 10:04 AM
Due to weather. Will not be rescheduled

427c.i.
04-22-2021, 10:50 AM
Why even schedule it? Gets cancelled with no make up almost every year.

Highside Hustler25
04-22-2021, 10:59 AM
Not sure why they schedule Macon. Definitely not the Lucas boys favorite. Between the mud scraping and tore up sheet metal, most don't miss it. At least there's the 100 lap H&R in July.

waaac77
04-22-2021, 11:45 AM
The Spring is always hit or miss with weather but this time of year could still see snow at times and other times it’s 70 and sunny. Can’t really make solid plans for anything. At least people know before the weekend and making the journey there

Shiny Side Up 18
04-22-2021, 12:05 PM
Why even schedule it? Gets cancelled with no make up almost every year.

Three years in a row now...

chathamracefan
04-22-2021, 12:18 PM
Awful early in the year to not be able to work in a reschedule. Heck Lucas comes back to Tri City in July. Could run Macon the night before that one.

obamaracing#1
04-22-2021, 05:39 PM
Really???? What a load of BS. Not even gonna try. So I guess this will be the new norm, cancel races if threat of rain is high, with no reschedule. Screw the fans I guess!!!!! Money Greed in racing is nothing new but, gotten out of hand!

Action10
04-22-2021, 06:47 PM
Awful early in the year to not be able to work in a reschedule. Heck Lucas comes back to Tri City in July. Could run Macon the night before that one.Maybe somebody on here has a better memory than I do... Didn't they try rescheduling the Macon race a few years back for the week of the PDC at Fairbury only to cancel a week or two before because the schedule was suddenly too busy? I get that rescheduling races sucks, but it seems to not be done correctly very often.

chathamracefan
04-22-2021, 07:14 PM
Maybe somebody on here has a better memory than I do... Didn't they try rescheduling the Macon race a few years back for the week of the PDC at Fairbury only to cancel a week or two before because the schedule was suddenly too busy? I get that rescheduling races sucks, but it seems to not be done correctly very often.

You are right. I think that happened in 2019. 2018 it ran as scheduled on a Saturday in late April.