PDA

View Full Version : Props to the tech man

Rajflyboy
04-25-2021, 07:27 PM
Tech man did his job. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FXjn90Zq234

LeafMaster41
04-26-2021, 07:53 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree. A rule on the length of the shock rod is stupid. Hate 602's anyway. Whats bad is if you measured every shock manufactured tha's labeled 7" inch stroke for racing you'd find most are not and most are different. I use to Work for Carrera Racing shocks, we had a 61 series shock that we sold as 7 inch stroke but in reality it was more like 6-5/8. AFCO sold a similar shock labeled as 7 inch stroke that if memory serves was more like 7-1/8. PRO was the same as we were as both were built with internals sourced from Gabriel where as AFCO was built using Monroe. QA1 got there stuff from China and was different as well. Whatever.

Wells Racing Photos
04-26-2021, 08:09 AM
Do you get paid to pump each of their videos?

Jking24
04-26-2021, 08:31 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree. A rule on the length of the shock rod is stupid. Hate 602's anyway. Whats bad is if you measured every shock manufactured tha's labeled 7" inch stroke for racing you'd find most are not and most are different. I use to Work for Carrera Racing shocks, we had a 61 series shock that we sold as 7 inch stroke but in reality it was more like 6-5/8. AFCO sold a similar shock labeled as 7 inch stroke that if memory serves was more like 7-1/8. PRO was the same as we were as both were built with internals sourced from Gabriel where as AFCO was built using Monroe. QA1 got there stuff from China and was different as well. Whatever.I agree their is no advantage to be had their. And 7" is just a general gaging measurement. I'm all for enforcing the rules but that is probably one of those rules that kinda misses the point a little. I'd be interested to read how is actually worded does any body know the sanction body they were running with

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-26-2021, 09:24 AM
I agree their is no advantage to be had their. And 7" is just a general gaging measurement. I'm all for enforcing the rules but that is probably one of those rules that kinda misses the point a little. I'd be interested to read how is actually worded does any body know the sanction body they were running with

I could not care less about HTF, but yes, that rule is pointless.

Josh Bayko
04-26-2021, 09:46 AM
Do you get paid to pump each of their videos?

I doubt he’s intelligent enough for that.

Rajflyboy
04-26-2021, 10:15 AM
Do you get paid to pump each of their videos?Do you have any 76 video I can pump? I like anything Brandon Overton👍

NeedforLM$peed
04-27-2021, 02:03 AM
Jonathan gets pretty annoying after awhile.

Rajflyboy
04-27-2021, 04:40 AM
I found the failing tech part interesting

weatherman85
04-27-2021, 09:42 AM
Jesse was the one that annoyed me. He's not as bad as he used to be but still gets on my nerves from time-to-time. I miss their older videos when everyone was in Dirt Daddy's shop working on all the cars. Hardly see the others that used to help. Three man show now which I get. They doing what they feel will give them the most success.

Back to topic though. I say kudos to the tech man on his decision. Weather or not the infraction gives them a benefit, you have to draw the line still and make a decision. Don't think they did it on purpose either.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2021, 09:48 AM
Jesse was the one that annoyed me. He's not as bad as he used to be but still gets on my nerves from time-to-time. I miss their older videos when everyone was in Dirt Daddy's shop working on all the cars. Hardly see the others that used to help. Three man show now which I get. They doing what they feel will give them the most success.

Back to topic though. I say kudos to the tech man on his decision. Weather or not the infraction gives them a benefit, you have to draw the line still and make a decision. Don't think they did it on purpose either.

It's good he held the line. It's a shame he was given a useless line to hold.

TeNfOMaFiA69
04-27-2021, 01:38 PM
I found the failing tech part interesting

Why? You don’t even have a clue what the rule book says...

Rajflyboy
04-27-2021, 03:37 PM
I may not know a lot but I know more than you do 😜

Pennsboro32
04-27-2021, 03:38 PM
I may not know a lot but I know more than you do 

You know the least amount on this board.

Rajflyboy
04-27-2021, 03:53 PM
You know the least amount on this board.Are you wanting a medal for your great knowledge ?

slideiton
04-27-2021, 04:26 PM
So here's what gets me the way the shock rule reads
"Front 7” shock must collapse and extend 7”. 9” rear shock must collapse and extend 9”.
In that rule it doesn't give a measurement point for that 7" or 9" of travel.
Also the track doesn't even have scales. That already questions much of the enforcement of the track.

Rajflyboy
04-27-2021, 04:46 PM
Great point. No scales is very odd.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-27-2021, 05:30 PM
The point of that text is to eliminate internal bumps. But, it just means you fail people like they did HTF, for no reason. They need to push and pull them in a spring smasher. If load spikes and displacement doesn't move much, no bump inside.

NeedforLM$peed
04-27-2021, 05:39 PM
I think they just didn't have scales that night.

LeafMaster41
04-29-2021, 07:17 AM
It's good he held the line. It's a shame he was given a useless line to hold.

That was my point. What would they do about older Rayburn cars that ran 6" shocks up front??? This everybody exactly the same $h!t is way outta hand and like it or not is the mindset of the current generation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-29-2021, 09:17 AM
That was my point. What would they do about older Rayburn cars that ran 6" shocks up front??? This everybody exactly the same $h!t is way outta hand and like it or not is the mindset of the current generation.

I'm just as frustrated. Everyone turns a blind eye to things that matter. Then they turn right around and write horrible rules to incorrectly combat things that they don't understand, that are not a real issue.

LeafMaster41
04-29-2021, 06:45 PM
I'm just as frustrated. Everyone turns a blind eye to things that matter. Then they turn right around and write horrible rules to incorrectly combat things that they don't understand, that are not a real issue.

Agree 1,000% Reminds me of government, just do something so we can say we did. The 602 rules to me are the worst I've ever seen, its like they asked the laziest person racing what his biggest gripes were with his fellow racers and used that for the rules. Now you go to almost any track and they have 4 to 5 classes all running 602. Ignorant people complain about things they don't understand and so they just write a rule banning it or making it mandatory for everyone, with no concept of why or how it does or doesn't work. Hugo Chavez would be ecstatic.

Always good talking to you, MBR.