PDA

View Full Version : Josh Rice scores popular home win in Lucas feature at Florence

Returning to Dirt
05-01-2021, 11:19 PM
Josh Rice took the lead with less than five laps to go

https://insidedirtracing.com/josh-rice-scores-popular-home-win-in-lucas-feature-at-florence/

dirtSLMracing
05-01-2021, 11:45 PM
It was cool to see him get the win. I am not saying he was light at the scales but no way he was weighed. I dont think the car stopped on the scales before he was waved off.

racerx99
05-02-2021, 01:13 AM
Kid beat the big dogs tonight! That was pretty cool! Good racing all around tonight. Bummer for Stormy Scott, had a good run going, dumped it into the wall..last lap, last corner...Bummer!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-02-2021, 04:53 AM
It was cool to see him get the win. I am not saying he was light at the scales but no way he was weighed. I dont think the car stopped on the scales before he was waved off.

That's how they run the scales for a regular show at Florence. I've always laughed.

Rajflyboy
05-02-2021, 05:56 AM
What’s wrong with big sexy ?

dirtSLMracing
05-02-2021, 08:40 AM
That's how they run the scales for a regular show at Florence. I've always laughed.

Do the scales even work, are they just there to appear to have scales? Has anyone ever questioned the quick wave off from the scales?

Hoosier_Dirt
05-02-2021, 09:17 AM
They work. It doesnt take long to see if it makes weight or not. He made weight easily.

zyoung25
05-02-2021, 09:53 AM
That's the loudest I've heard that place since Bobby passed Bloomquist for the N/S a few years ago. You could hear the crowd in the infield over the cars every time he would slide Hudson and JD. I bet Josh didn't sleep last night, it was a cool scene to witness.

dirtSLMracing
05-02-2021, 09:53 AM
They work. It doesnt take long to see if it makes weight or not. He made weight easily.

He must have been a couple hundred pounds over weight. If it is close you cant tell that fast.

dirtcrazy4u
05-02-2021, 09:55 AM
I heard the only time that scale works is when Ole bloomie goes across it

Dlmfan123
05-02-2021, 10:50 AM
That's the loudest I've heard that place since Bobby passed Bloomquist for the N/S a few years ago. You could hear the crowd in the infield over the cars every time he would slide Hudson and JD. I bet Josh didn't sleep last night, it was a cool scene to witness.They were still drinking at 630 this morning.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-02-2021, 11:00 AM
They work. It doesnt take long to see if it makes weight or not. He made weight easily.Well, as someone else posted, unless you are severely over, you gotta stop, to keep it from jumping around. Absolutely no dog in this fight, but from someone who has been around scales a lot, it’s not a drive over you’re good at 5-10 mph deal. Unless you’re over by a couple hundred or so.

d-glenn
05-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Come on y'all, give Josh some credit...

keith94elliott
05-02-2021, 06:53 PM
he definitely earned it. he drove his but off. good to see hometown guy get a big win.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-02-2021, 07:37 PM
I've wanted to test it, CnB, being quite light, but our car is too heavy.

dirtSLMracing
05-02-2021, 08:10 PM
I just watched the replay on Lucas Oil TV.. using on online stopwatch Josh was completely on the scales 1.9 seconds and very questionable if he ever completely stopped. It's so close to a continuous roll.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-02-2021, 08:12 PM
I just watched the replay on Lucas Oil TV.. using on online stopwatch Josh was completely on the scales 1.9 seconds and very questionable if he ever completely stopped. It's so close to a continuous roll.

I doubt he was light, but yes, they don't scale correctly there. Cars never stop. Bloomer would have more Eldora wins with that technique.

TS FAN
05-02-2021, 09:27 PM
Josh won and I was pulling for him all the way

Pierce won and I was pulling for him all the way.
Two great races

TDRacin®
05-02-2021, 09:55 PM

I found it odd. The car ahead he had to wait for (who was sitting there a few seconds at least). Still, good win for Josh! Fun race to watch.

dirtSLMracing
05-02-2021, 10:00 PM
TD..

I noticed that as well. Looked like the scale guy was done with the guy before Josh but he didnt go. When you watched the video did you think Josh stopped on the scales?

buster83
05-03-2021, 12:03 AM
The feature wasn't handed to Josh he had to work for it somewhere around 3 or 4 laps to go he made his move and it worked out for him it was a good race by veteran hall of famers sons.