PDA

View Full Version : LaSalle Speedway!!

FALSFAN82
05-08-2021, 09:22 PM
Tony Izzo should be real embarrassed!! 16 Late Models for a big show and Fairbury Speedway has 22 Late Models for a regular show...And LaSalle has 7 modifieds and Fairbury had 19 mods for regular show and lasalle had 7 street stocks and fairbury had 20...Sounds like Tony Izzo needs to take lessons from the Fairbury Speedway crew....Fals is the best track in the MIDWEST!!!

TerryM
05-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Feel better?

Pennsboro32
05-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Welcome to 4m. Coming in hot with that first post.

TerryM
05-08-2021, 09:26 PM
Welcome to 4m. Coming in hot with that first post.
Probably one and done.

dirtluver
05-08-2021, 09:29 PM
Lasalle did a great job..The weather was only thing that hurt Lasalle...Good race...I was glad to be there.

50Dixon50
05-08-2021, 09:36 PM
What has Tony Izzo got to do with how many Latemodels were there surprised their wasn't more but he don't have any control over that glad they got to finish it

IL LM Fan
05-08-2021, 09:38 PM
Probably one and done.After the hangover tomorrow, he'll forget he even joined.

FALSFAN82
05-08-2021, 09:39 PM
Fairbury had a threat of rain too so u can't blame the weather for lasalle car count...

WisWildManFan
05-08-2021, 09:47 PM
I guess all those guys should of came and raced at lasalle lol

kidrock
05-08-2021, 09:48 PM
And now you know why tracks have a tendency to cancel shows early when it's paying 10,000 or more and there is a threat of rain. I'm more surprised some cars passed up a chance at 7,500 more payday for just a regular show at Fairbury.

thexfactor0210
05-08-2021, 10:40 PM
We went to support LaSalle for their big show and we were glad they got it in. Very sad that more cars showed to fairbury for way less money. We will see good paying shows at LaSalle go away without any support..

FALSFAN82
05-08-2021, 10:50 PM
And I bet the reg show at fairbury was a way better show then lasalle Speedway I went there last year and the racing was like watching paint dry...

BloomerWon
05-08-2021, 10:55 PM
Tony Izzo should be real embarrassed!! 16 Late Models for a big show and Fairbury Speedway has 22 Late Models for a regular show...And LaSalle has 7 modifieds and Fairbury had 19 mods for regular show and lasalle had 7 street stocks and fairbury had 20...Sounds like Tony Izzo needs to take lessons from the Fairbury Speedway crew....Fals is the best track in the MIDWEST!!!
Do you do dumb often or is this your first shot at it? You're a natural... 😁

HoosierDirtFan
05-08-2021, 11:25 PM
And I bet the reg show at fairbury was a way better show then lasalle Speedway I went there last year and the racing was like watching paint dry...

Kind of hard to get cars when you have a track not to far away racing for points and a big World Of Outlaws Late Model Series race just a few hours north. Bet you feel like a real big boy spouting your mouth off. Your not in Tony's position running a series and the track his family owns.. That is a tough spot to be in. He took a risk not many would be willing to take. At least he tried what's your excuse for taking shots at some one? I'll wait.

FALSFAN82
05-08-2021, 11:57 PM
Excuses excuses.....what's tony pay you to sit on 4m and make him feel like the promoter of the year...Fairbury took a chance too same as LaSalle did and humm stands full pits full what's ur next excuse why lasalle didn't have many cars there DUMMY

c1ty5tar
05-09-2021, 01:24 AM
Excuses excuses.....what's tony pay you to sit on 4m and make him feel like the promoter of the year...Fairbury took a chance too same as LaSalle did and humm stands full pits full what's ur next excuse why lasalle didn't have many cars there DUMMY

Are you familiar with the concept of punctuation and the advantages of using it?

NeedforLM$peed
05-09-2021, 01:50 AM
Do you do dumb often or is this your first shot at it? You're a natural... 

I figured he was you...

https://images.app.goo.gl/S4ezRZYERUCqVTQB9

BloomerWon
05-09-2021, 04:00 AM
Golly, thanks!... ☝🤓🖕

BloomerWon
05-09-2021, 04:06 AM

This ain't that lawyer/state cop guy again, who loves Kankakee and Smith is it...? smh😐

kidrock
05-09-2021, 05:41 AM

No one has to make Tony feel like a promoter because, he's already one. Did you forget he not only promotes races at Lasalle he promotes a series something that's not easy to do nowadays. He's trying to keep racing alive and deserve a lot of credit for trying to make that happen but, no you want to come on and puff your chest out for Fairbury. Everyone already knows how good Fairbury is. Yes Fairbury took a chance but, nothing compared to Lasalle. Quite a bit of a difference in the payout wouldn't you say? The bigger the pay the bigger the chance but, hey the fine people of Fairbury feel better this morning thanks to you.

kidrock
05-09-2021, 05:42 AM
This ain't that lawyer/state cop guy again, who loves Kankakee and Smith is it...? smh

It must be lol............................................... .

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2021, 05:58 AM
Not quite sure wtf the point of this thread was. Does anyone think Izzo is happy with the support he got, I doubt it? Next time he knows f!ck it, cancel. No support, and the new guy on 4m is comparing me to Fairbury.

People should support them both, especially LaSalle paying out more money. But the weather was awful, and that is why you had not very many cars. Didn’t think they’d get that few, but is what it is. He knows next time to throw in the towel.

t4g2
05-09-2021, 06:58 AM
How easily people forget Fairbury used to be the same back in the 90's and they had to do a ton of improvements even reconfigure the track to get where they are today Big difference when LaSalle doesn't race weekly shows or have extra backing on $ to help support the track.

Pennsboro32
05-09-2021, 07:03 AM
This reminds me of grade school where we all bully the new kid.

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2021, 07:21 AM
I'd be willing to bet Mr. Phony wasn't even at LaSalle. Just a grade school trol wanting to stir up some sht.

dirtluver
05-09-2021, 07:37 AM
Lasalle gets a race in. Fairbury RAINED OUT...Maybe they should of went to Lasalle..

dirtSLMracing
05-09-2021, 07:43 AM
7 Street stocks is much better than 20 unless they have a time limit on the feature.

FALSFAN82
05-09-2021, 07:43 AM
I did go to LaSalle and what a joke 7 modifieds aWhat a waste of money....wanna see a real show come to fairbury sat night bet there is 40 plus late Models and 30 plus modifieds even if weather bad

Action10
05-09-2021, 08:01 AM
I did go to LaSalle and what a joke 7 modifieds aWhat a waste of money....wanna see a real show come to fairbury sat night bet there is 40 plus late Models and 30 plus modifieds even if weather badSeveral comments I have on this... There aren't as many bigger races going on next weekend, Farmer City pays $10,000 on Friday, and Fairbury pays $15,000. All of those things will lead to a bigger car count and none of them are things Tony caused or has any control over... By the way, next weekend at Fairbury is a MARS race. Tony will be helped by a huge car count since he runs the series. I hope they get it, for everyone.

kazual
05-09-2021, 08:12 AM
This thread reminds me of what is very wrong about this country right now. The “us against them” mentality. That one has to lose for another to win. Two races, more money and fame to spread around to drivers. The complaint from the OP isn’t about poor show management, bad concessions, or an ill prepared track surface. Nope, got to b——h about, well I’m not exactly sure what.

TheJet-09
05-09-2021, 08:14 AM
While weather was an obvious factor for everyone yesterday, I think today being Mother's Day may have played a part in some wanting to stay closer to home, as well.

WisWildManFan
05-09-2021, 10:48 AM
I went on Friday knowing car counts looked very low. I love fairbury but I sure hope lasalle can keep running. 1 hour drive home always beats 2

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2021, 11:04 AM
While weather was an obvious factor for everyone yesterday, I think today being Mother's Day may have played a part in some wanting to stay closer to home, as well.

Thank you for supporting LaSalle and good luck going forward with your racing season 👍.

56GWebbfan
05-09-2021, 11:38 AM
FALSFAN82's initial post - not even worth a reply. Myself and my wife made a weekend of the event & enjoyed every minute of it. Hiked Matthiessen State Park (awesome water falls), ate lunch at Skoog's Pub in downtown Utica (great burger), hiked at Mitchell's Grove's nature preserve (beautiful dam), discovered a new place to eat - Riverfront bar & grill (nice view of the river), spent too much money at Bath & Body Works (Peru Mall) for her mothers day present....and of course ENJOYED the races both nights. Thanks Tony & crew, keep them coming!

dirty-white-boy
05-09-2021, 12:02 PM
No one has to make Tony feel like a promoter because, he's already one. Did you forget he not only promotes races at Lasalle he promotes a series something that's not easy to do nowadays. He's trying to keep racing alive and deserve a lot of credit for trying to make that happen but, no you want to come on and puff your chest out for Fairbury. Everyone already knows how good Fairbury is. Yes Fairbury took a chance but, nothing compared to Lasalle. Quite a bit of a difference in the payout wouldn't you say? The bigger the pay the bigger the chance but, hey the fine people of Fairbury feel better this morning thanks to you.

Say what you want but 16 cars for 12k is a joke no matter how you spin it!

He is a promoter huh? If he was a real promoter he would have ate money and run the program that was advertised on Friday night. Fans/drivers/crew paid the same price yet was screwed out of a feature 'because of a low car count'...

Think of it this way. He had the perfect opportunity to draw many top names in. With Lucas being off and other drivers doing their own deal he should have done some real 'promoting' and made stuff happen. There are not many real promoters left in DLM racing. The rest of them are just labeled as such and are really nothing more than track owners that open up the gates hoping they come.

Highside Hustler25
05-09-2021, 12:13 PM
^^^^^
No Mr. Clueless, if he was a real promoter he would of canceled to save his butt. Instead he gave the fans the best show possible. You weren't there, what do you care other than to beatch about something. Unfcnbelievable.

Action10
05-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Say what you want but 16 cars for 12k is a joke no matter how you spin it!He is a promoter huh? If he was a real promoter he would have ate money and run the program that was advertised on Friday night. Fans/drivers/crew paid the same price yet was screwed out of a feature 'because of a low car count'...Think of it this way. He had the perfect opportunity to draw many top names in. With Lucas being off and other drivers doing their own deal he should have done some real 'promoting' and made stuff happen. There are not many real promoters left in DLM racing. The rest of them are just labeled as such and are really nothing more than track owners that open up the gates hoping they come.Do you have an example of the real promoting he could have done?

NeedforLM$peed
05-09-2021, 12:29 PM
This ain't that lawyer/state cop guy again, who loves Kankakee and Smith is it...? smh

That was actually my first thought before I thought he might've been you... lol

WisWildManFan
05-09-2021, 12:36 PM
FALSFAN82's initial post - not even worth a reply. Myself and my wife made a weekend of the event & enjoyed every minute of it. Hiked Matthiessen State Park (awesome water falls), ate lunch at Skoog's Pub in downtown Utica (great burger), hiked at Mitchell's Grove's nature preserve (beautiful dam), discovered a new place to eat - Riverfront bar & grill (nice view of the river), spent too much money at Bath & Body Works (Peru Mall) for her mothers day present....and of course ENJOYED the races both nights. Thanks Tony & crew, keep them coming!Skoogs is good. Next time try rips tavern in ladd. Best fried chicken I’ve ever ate. Get there before they open though otherwise you’re looking at least and 1.5 hour wait.

HoosierDirtFan
05-09-2021, 12:54 PM

ha ha ha ha LOL.

obamaracing#1
05-09-2021, 01:02 PM
One thing you can’t accuse Tony of is working his a55 off to get his track ready for a race. Maybe the greatest Lucas oil heat races happened at this track, this among other great races at Lasalle. The family has dedicated their life to the sport and then some. His hands were kinda tied this weekend..

dirty-white-boy
05-09-2021, 02:15 PM
Do you have an example of the real promoting he could have done?

They make a big deal out of this race with the name and belt ect. What I mean by promoting is making it feel like something special. Make it a really big show especially if its your own track and its the first race of the year!! Work to GUARANTEE the field is more than just a glorified local race. Face it, its just another dirt late model race at a mediocre racetrack at best (does the place even have running water?). Pay for some names to show up which in turn makes the fans want to show up too. Davenport, Bloomer, Owens to name a few. I dont know what it would take for them to show up. Do fun stuff for the fans other than just open the gates and say watch my race, thanks for your cash. He has had 10 years to really build it up into something yet he has done really nothing other than announce dates and take your cash at the gates.

It says alot when a guy like Babb drives right by the joint on I-39 on his way to Wisconsin (he could have easily taken home $15k from there) or a guy like Rusty does not even stick around for day 2.

Bottom like for me as a fan is when you say you are going to run double features then you back out because there was 'not enough cars' I would never support that guy again. BUT....there are people out there that seem to overlook that and continue to support him which is really sad.

Oh but he has given his life to dirt late model racing LOL!!!!

HoosierDirtFan
05-09-2021, 02:29 PM
They make a big deal out of this race with the name and belt ect. What I mean by promoting is making it feel like something special. Make it a really big show especially if its your own track and its the first race of the year!! Work to GUARANTEE the field is more than just a glorified local race. Face it, its just another dirt late model race at a mediocre racetrack at best (does the place even have running water?). Pay for some names to show up which in turn makes the fans want to show up too. Davenport, Bloomer, Owens to name a few. I dont know what it would take for them to show up. Do fun stuff for the fans other than just open the gates and say watch my race, thanks for your cash. He has had 10 years to really build it up into something yet he has done really nothing other than announce dates and take your cash at the gates.

It says alot when a guy like Babb drives right by the joint on I-39 on his way to Wisconsin (he could have easily taken home $15k from there) or a guy like Rusty does not even stick around for day 2.

Bottom like for me as a fan is when you say you are going to run double features then you back out because there was 'not enough cars' I would never support that guy again. BUT....there are people out there that seem to overlook that and continue to support him which is really sad.

Done a lot more then you have for the sport. As a laugh yes they have running water.

Action10
05-09-2021, 02:30 PM
They make a big deal out of this race with the name and belt ect. What I mean by promoting is making it feel like something special. Make it a really big show especially if its your own track and its the first race of the year!! Work to GUARANTEE the field is more than just a glorified local race. Face it, its just another dirt late model race at a mediocre racetrack at best (does the place even have running water?). Pay for some names to show up which in turn makes the fans want to show up too. Davenport, Bloomer, Owens to name a few. I dont know what it would take for them to show up. Do fun stuff for the fans other than just open the gates and say watch my race, thanks for your cash. He has had 10 years to really build it up into something yet he has done really nothing other than announce dates and take your cash at the gates. It says alot when a guy like Babb drives right by the joint on I-39 on his way to Wisconsin (he could have easily taken home $15k from there) or a guy like Rusty does not even stick around for day 2. Bottom like for me as a fan is when you say you are going to run double features then you back out because there was 'not enough cars' I would never support that guy again. BUT....there are people out there that seem to overlook that and continue to support him which is really sad. Oh but he has given his life to dirt late model racing LOL!!!!Earl Baltes..... Bob Memmer..... Carl Short..... Mooney Starr..... Bob Sargent..... Dirty White Boy 樂 You mentioned Babb as an example. Appears to me that Babb, Heckenast, Pierce, Simpson, and even Gundaker were looking at a better chance of racing twice in Wisconsin instead of LaSalle and there was more money on the line in Wisconsin. This race at LaSalle usually has a very good field when it runs as scheduled the weekend before the Illini 100. Seems pretty simple to me.....

BloomerWon
05-09-2021, 03:53 PM

Yeah, I heard you the first time smart ass ☝🤓

kidrock
05-09-2021, 05:42 PM

I'm with you on the advertisement point but, I wouldn't go as far as to say I would never support them again. I as a fan would have to look at the situation and think that he didn't get enough cars for 2 features I can't blame him but, Don't get me wrong I understand why you would get upset and I'm not blaming you for saying that. I like your honesty. This is not the first time a track has offered good money and didn't get the cars and it won't be the last but, it would make a promoter hesitant the next time. Things just didn't fall into place for a decent car count. The money was there so, that wasn't the issue so, it would be interesting to find out why some drivers never showed up.

How about DoD here is a story for you. Is there anyway to find out what makes a driver pass up a track to go to another Track that's paying less money.

TBSprintFan
05-09-2021, 11:00 PM
I'm with you on the advertisement point but, I wouldn't go as far as to say I would never support them again. I as a fan would have to look at the situation and think that he didn't get enough cars for 2 features I can't blame him but, Don't get me wrong I understand why you would get upset and I'm not blaming you for saying that. I like your honesty. This is not the first time a track has offered good money and didn't get the cars and it won't be the last but, it would make a promoter hesitant the next time. Things just didn't fall into place for a decent car count. The money was there so, that wasn't the issue so, it would be interesting to find out why some drivers never showed up.

How about DoD here is a story for you. Is there anyway to find out what makes a driver pass up a track to go to another Track that's paying less money.

Or better yet, why a promoter would reschedule a race on top of another big race. Drivers are not stupid and see things like that also and plus didn't he cancel a Lucas Oil race once with weather not being a factor? Some drivers do not forget things like that and fans also. With the support Mississippi Thunder got, they have already announced that things will be bigger next year.

BILL47A
05-09-2021, 11:07 PM
The only thing I know for sure about being a race tack promoter is I would not want to be one!

dirtcrazy4u
05-10-2021, 05:18 AM
I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how much money a promotor loses before the day of a race ? Then weather or other factors take over and these guys just s*ck it up and go forward to the next week or date for another show.

kidrock
05-10-2021, 07:12 AM
Or better yet, why a promoter would reschedule a race on top of another big race. Drivers are not stupid and see things like that also and plus didn't he cancel a Lucas Oil race once with weather not being a factor? Some drivers do not forget things like that and fans also. With the support Mississippi Thunder got, they have already announced that things will be bigger next year.

I understand what you're are saying and yes scheduling a race on top of another race is not a good thing but, like what's been said you don't have many weekends that there is not a big race somewhere in the region. Tony had to look at all the races going on and had to think he would get more cars then that. I bet he thought he would get Babb, Pierce and others when he made his decision to race this past weekend but, that didn't happen. I bet if he had to do it all over again he might not have rescheduled the race but, even then he would probably have someone complaining because, he didn't reschedule the race. ---- if you do and ---- if you don't

ImCryn2
05-10-2021, 07:20 AM
The only thing I know for sure about being a race tack promoter is I would not want to be one!

X2!!

It's always easy to pick someone else's effort apart after the fact. I'm personally not a Izzo fan because I think he is an arrogant smart a$$, but that's only my opinion. That doesn't keep me from feeling bad for the guy when he can't get support at his events, despite paying good money and busting his a$$. This is not the first time it has happened. I think the guy needs more help honestly. He's promoting the race, the series racing, and doing the track prep. I'm not positive, but I think he also officiates to some extent also. Seems as though he may spread himself a little thin.

I give him props for not throwing in the towel and trying his best to support dirt track racing.

WisWildManFan
05-10-2021, 09:21 AM
He’s had so many 2 day shows in the past that’s he’s canceled one night of I think that past precedent hurt him. Even though turn out was poor at least everyone can see he still raced despite probably losing his ass. I want that place to survive

LM1
05-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Everyone is always so quick to cast blame but in this situation at least Tony tried to have the show. Its better than other promoters who don't put forth the effort. I was apprehensive about them scheduling on top of the WoO races and it definitely hurt. In hindsight might have been better to make it a one day midweek show on Wednesday or Thursday, or just cancelled until next year. Very hard to find open weekends once you get to May.

HoosierDirtFan
05-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Some of you should try and be a promoter. At the very least it’s a thankless job.

Highside Hustler25
05-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Like a above poster said, should have made it a 1 day show maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Catch those WoO guys heading North.
I'll be honest, I would have rather stayed home and watched it on Flo considering the weather but went anyway just to support LaSalle. The day will come when it no longer exists so enjoy it while it's still open.

SHOESTRING TRVLR
05-10-2021, 03:55 PM
I thought it did close and was for sale

Highside Hustler25
05-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Everything is for sale for the right price I guess. As far as closed, lol, they took my $ this past weekend so...