PDA

View Full Version : Chassis brand battle fierce at Dirt Late Model top level

Returning to Dirt
05-17-2021, 08:04 PM
Chassis brand battle fierce at Dirt Late Model racing's top level

*A breakdown of which brand has won the most big races so far in 2021*

https://insidedirtracing.com/chassis-brand-battle-fierce-at-the-dirt-late-model-racings-top-level/

NeedforLM$peed
05-17-2021, 11:09 PM
Madden just picked up two new Rockets a couple days ago. Kinda weird the team your chasing in the points of a national tour is the one that built your cars...

TBSprintFan
05-18-2021, 04:16 AM
Madden just picked up two new Rockets a couple days ago. Kinda weird the team your chasing in the points of a national tour is the one that built your cars...

Madden I believe is on Penske shocks and Rocket1 is on Integras . Rocket's main business is to sell winning race cars, not only for themselves to win in.

dirtcrazy4u
05-18-2021, 05:45 AM
In today's chassis, shocks, mean everything. For the most part they all have the same front end geometry. Under the back of the cars everyone hides pick up points and birdcage angles. Then you have that LR shock, it's probably caused more change to slm than any other part on the car. Today you need a smasher in the trailer to record changes.

Tireguy17
05-18-2021, 06:17 AM
I saw on social media that Mason Zeigler switched to Longhorns

bleedblue55
05-18-2021, 08:22 AM
I saw on social media that Mason Zeigler switched to Longhorns

For the 2nd time

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-18-2021, 08:48 AM
In today's chassis, shocks, mean everything. For the most part they all have the same front end geometry. Under the back of the cars everyone hides pick up points and birdcage angles. Then you have that LR shock, it's probably caused more change to slm than any other part on the car. Today you need a smasher in the trailer to record changes.

That's what the parts peddlers want you to believe.

Dlmfan123
05-18-2021, 11:03 AM
I saw on social media that Mason Zeigler switched to LonghornsHe got one old tmac car just to try out.

Jim11h
05-18-2021, 11:49 AM
I'm gonna have to go back to a big race and watch these guys changing shocks and springs. Last I knew they find what works and stay with it with only minor tweaks at track. Your right front has as more to do than left rear. We have always been able to get em on the bars since lr behind

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-18-2021, 12:52 PM
I'm gonna have to go back to a big race and watch these guys changing shocks and springs. Last I knew they find what works and stay with it with only minor tweaks at track. Your right front has as more to do than left rear. We have always been able to get em on the bars since lr behind

I have dyno sheets from shocks built 9 years ago and ones built last year. They just aren't all that different. I can and do use the old ones and don't see a performance drop off. People have learned a lot about geometry since then, but a damper is still asked to do the same job

Jim11h
05-18-2021, 04:13 PM
I've been saying same thing. Shocks job didn't change. It's still just a timing device. Technology better, yes, but still same job. Springs are same way.

Mod Runner
05-18-2021, 05:29 PM
Why would Madden need two new Rockets ? He is so easy on equipment and does not wreck much.

NeedforLM$peed
05-18-2021, 08:59 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rocket_Chassis/status/1394740237398515714

Josh Bayko
05-18-2021, 09:01 PM

That’s no different than any Lucas guy running a Longhorn.

Barbecueboy
05-18-2021, 09:22 PM
How bout dem Longhorns this year? Hauling the mail.

I read on epj site that his favorite win was the dtwc in 2010 , he dedicated the win to his mom who passed a few days later.

And was driving the early boat anchor known as the new longhorn chassis....pretty cool.

All our hearts are heavy for you epj

AnnouncerLife88
05-19-2021, 10:48 AM
To me it seems like it comes and goes like fashion trends, I really notice it every year at World Finals at Charlotte. I remember one year when it seemed like so many wanted a Team Zero car, then the next year everyone wants a Rocket and im sure in years past it was more spread out over the builders.

I find it most interesting to see how certain regions buy rather than the national tours. Certain corners are heavy on certain builders and then seeing the one car in the field that runs something from way out of town. Like someone in the south running an MB Custom, Pierce, Mastersbilt or the real eye brow raise when you would hear of someone running a Bloomquist.