PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Strickler - Port Royal

BTExpress
05-20-2021, 10:30 AM
I saw a post saying Strickler will be racing this weekend with the WoO's at Port Royal. I thought he sold his Longhorn to PCC Motorsports, did they sell it back to him? Any idea what car or team he will be running for?

Pennsboro32
05-20-2021, 10:31 AM
Bloomquist racing.

mskdorf
05-20-2021, 10:35 AM
Really? That would be a good pairing

Thedoctor
05-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Does Stricklers style of driving really suit a bloomquist car. A driver named the high side tickler....... I’ll predict no

Mams
05-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Says on Twitter that Bloomer will be his crew chief.

noitall93w
05-20-2021, 10:52 AM
This will not last the rest of the year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-20-2021, 10:54 AM
Real cars and real racers can be adapted. Landers was best in a Zero machine.

NeedforLM$peed
05-20-2021, 11:04 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DirtonDirt/status/1395402264064495617

chupp n bloomer fan
05-20-2021, 02:21 PM
Real cars and real racers can be adapted. Landers was best in a Zero machine.He definitely was. Listened to Scott, calmed down, and was running great. Till that freak injury.

Can Kyle and him make it work, I dunno. Will Kyle be comfortable in them cars, I dunno. Don’t fit his current style, but Landers adapted, so??

Josh Bayko
05-20-2021, 04:02 PM
Kyle couldn’t adapt to Rockets. Thinking he’s going to adapt to non-Sweet Bloomquist cars is hilarious.

50Dixon50
05-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Since he's driving a bloomquist car will he get and keep the woo points he has and earn more even though he's in a different car?

obamaracing#1
05-20-2021, 04:11 PM
They will need two transporters to haul those huge egos around. I give it a month tops

NeedforLM$peed
05-20-2021, 04:15 PM
They will need two transporters to haul those huge egos around. I give it a month tops

Currently it doesn't say anything about anything past this weekends events.

i-pod
05-20-2021, 04:21 PM
Mod95- I believe Babb has two team zero cars now. I could be wrong tho.

kidrock
05-20-2021, 04:40 PM
Does anyone know how Babb is doing in the Bloomquist car since he started driving it?

This should be good to watch and see if Strickler can get the car around the track with speed. It looks like to me Bloomquist cars like to drive straighter and run in the middle of the track and not bang the cushion. I'm sure it's an adjustment for Babb and will be for Strickler

kazual
05-20-2021, 05:07 PM
Two prickly personalities, be fun to see how it goes, I wish them luck.

Hoosier_Dirt
05-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Babb did not have a typical Babb showing in Illinois this past weekend. The bloomer car doesn't seem to fit him. JMO!

Highside Hustler25
05-20-2021, 05:24 PM
Babb did not have a typical Babb showing in Illinois this past weekend. The bloomer car doesn't seem to fit him. JMO!

Its been a while since we've seen the Babb of old. Chassis has nothing to do with it. Possibly seat time.

WisWildManFan
05-20-2021, 05:28 PM
I believe Babb bought the bloomquist cars for bigger tracks but then was struggling switching back and forth with them. The car definitely doesn’t look exactly right on the 1/4 mile Illinois bullrings especially early in the night. The car does seem to roll the middle very well in the slick but he’s usually starting so far behind the 8 ball the gains don’t make up for the loss early in the night. I do believe Babb well have a very good showing at Eldora though IMO.

gb81racing
05-20-2021, 05:31 PM
I saw a post saying Strickler will be racing this weekend with the WoO's at Port Royal. I thought he sold his Longhorn to PCC Motorsports, did they sell it back to him? Any idea what car or team he will be running for?

He will be driving for bloomquist this weekend, but he bought another longhorn this past weekend and at one time planned to race it at port royal until the bloomquist deal happen

gb81racing
05-20-2021, 05:32 PM
Since he's driving a bloomquist car will he get and keep the woo points he has and earn more even though he's in a different car?

Yes! Points go with the driver. Not the chassis make/team.

50Dixon50
05-20-2021, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=gb81racing;2394122]Yes! Points go with the driver. Thanks gb81ll

TS FAN
05-20-2021, 07:06 PM
Should be interesting to see what happens, a little flavor for the Weekend.

hausman
05-20-2021, 07:20 PM
This will be interesting to say the least. I can see Strickler doing very well in a Bloomquist car - the kid is talented..

hausman
05-20-2021, 07:21 PM
How long will this last? Depends on Bloomy lol

squaredup12
05-20-2021, 10:08 PM
He still got his relationship with Bilstein? Gonna be running them on the Zero cars he purchased?

NeedforLM$peed
05-20-2021, 10:17 PM
When did who buy Zero cars?

ImCryn2
05-20-2021, 11:58 PM
He will be driving for bloomquist this weekend, but he bought another longhorn this past weekend and at one time planned to race it at port royal until the bloomquist deal happen

from what I gathered from the DOD article, the Bloomquist deal happened because he went there the get cars. Does Bloomer sell Longhorns? Or did I read wrong?

ImCryn2
05-21-2021, 12:00 AM
He still got his relationship with Bilstein? Gonna be running them on the Zero cars he purchased?

From the outside looking in, seems as though there may be some turmoil with the Strickler/ Longhorn deal. Maybe not real happy about a top longhorn team ending up with his main crew guy?

ImCryn2
05-21-2021, 12:06 AM
Currently it doesn't say anything about anything past this weekends events.

The article on DOD says Strickler will be fielding his own team zero cars after this weekend, for the remainder of the season.

Mod Runner
05-21-2021, 01:42 AM
Wow what a surprise to see Strickler in a Bloomquist car. Everything looked so quite on the racing front and now this ! Someone get down in the pits this weekend and get all the details for us as to who the engine builder is , the sponsors, and shocks on the Strickler Bloomquist car.

Thedoctor
05-21-2021, 02:24 AM
If Strickler did grab a longhorn the same weekend as he headed to Bloomers, I bet you Bloomquist is going over that thing as I type this , maybe that was part of the deal before heading over to the new ride.

King1
05-21-2021, 07:32 AM
If there’s a longhorn in mooresburg then Strickler is burning bridges pretty fast in the late model world, and burning a bridge for bloomquist isn’t the smartest thing to do. There hasn’t been a long term relationship with bloomquist at any point in the last 20 years.

I like the pairing and I like Strickler. Best of luck to them.

bleedblue55
05-21-2021, 08:08 AM
I thought Ringling Bros. had closed down in 2017

chupp n bloomer fan
05-21-2021, 08:46 AM
If Strickler did grab a longhorn the same weekend as he headed to Bloomers, I bet you Bloomquist is going over that thing as I type this , maybe that was part of the deal before heading over to the new ride.It’s a 2019 Longhorn. And Scott’s cars are not made to drive like any of others. So I can’t imagine there’s much correlation between the Bloomer cars and Longhorns.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-21-2021, 08:48 AM
I thought Ringling Bros. had closed down in 2017I hope you’re wrong, but to me, ever since that motorcycle wreck, it has been fill in whatever white trash circus is left deal. Used to be Ringling Bros, that’s too nice as of now.

BTExpress
05-21-2021, 09:29 AM
I read read the DoD article too. It does not say how old the Bloomquist cars Strickler will be driving after this weekend will be, brand new or used? Not sure how fast the Mooresburg operation can crank out a new car like a Rocket, Longhorn, Capital, MB Customs, Barry Wright, Black Diamond, etc could produce a new chassis. Heck, I think any other DLM chassis builder in the country could produce a new chassis faster than the current Bloomquist deal.........

Barbecueboy
05-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Circus? Hmmmmmm....maybe they can merge with another one and have a super circus.

NeedforLM$peed
05-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Someone on Twitter called Cody and Scott out saying along the lines of Scott and Cody only brought Kyle in because they need motors and whatever sponsorship money he has. Cody responded by saying they have 3 motors, 2 cars and are finishing a new car for Eldora.

NeedforLM$peed
05-21-2021, 04:11 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/WoOLateModels/status/1395843471735496707

JimBo
05-21-2021, 05:12 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/WoOLateModels/status/1395843471735496707

Wow! This is going to be interesting.

Mod Runner
05-22-2021, 02:41 AM
How did Strickler look at Port Royal ? Did he qualify well ? I am sure it will take some time in the car to get it setup for the way he drives. He should do better tonight .

TBSprintFan
05-22-2021, 03:09 AM
How did Strickler look at Port Royal ? Did he qualify well ? I am sure it will take some time in the car to get it setup for the way he drives. He should do better tonight .

From just watching on DirtVision, he looked like a fish out of water flopping all over the place.

dirtcrazy4u
05-22-2021, 06:00 AM
He was trying really hard to throw it in on the top. He either changes his driving style completely or he mite as well stay on the porch. Granted first night, but every time I saw him on camera he was looking to run the top. Will see what happens with this deal ? But for right now, a bloomie chassis does not fit his driving style at all.

Thedoctor
05-22-2021, 08:01 AM
Lol as I posted on page 1, we have the high side tickler driving a bloomquist car. It just didn’t seem like a good combo although as people posted back at me drivers adjust. I guess they only adjust if they want to and Stricklers been on that high side his whole career thus far.

BloomerWon
05-22-2021, 08:37 AM
If Strickler did grab a longhorn the same weekend as he headed to Bloomers, I bet you Bloomquist is going over that thing as I type this , maybe that was part of the deal before heading over to the new ride.

You're easily excited aren't ya? 🤓

84wedge
05-22-2021, 10:11 AM
I was surprised at the lack of sponsors on the car.

TS FAN
05-22-2021, 11:23 AM
As it turns out, I was surprised about everything concerning that car, driver, performance/Smile

BTExpress
05-22-2021, 11:32 AM
I like Kyle, I really do....going all the way back to his Northeast Modified days at my home track, Grandview Speedway. But his current situation has disaster written all over it...I know there are three sides to every story. But something just doesn't add up? I guess I will see with my own eyes at Port Royal tonight. I am still not sure where what cars he is getting, and will be driving, after this weekend from the Bloomquist camp????

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-22-2021, 11:56 AM
As it turns out, I was surprised about everything concerning that car, driver, performance/Smile

It was all I expected.

Hoosier_Dirt
05-22-2021, 12:34 PM
I like Kyle, I really do....going all the way back to his Northeast Modified days at my home track, Grandview Speedway. But his current situation has disaster written all over it...I know there are three sides to every story. But something just doesn't add up? I guess I will see with my own eyes at Port Royal tonight. I am still not sure where what cars he is getting, and will be driving, after this weekend from the Bloomquist camp????

I feel (and this is just my opinion) that racing with Bloomquist this weekend was just because Kyle has a motor, and Bloomer camp doesn't at the moment. Personally I think Kyle will be in a Longhorn in a few weeks provided by his sponsors.

84wedge
05-22-2021, 02:47 PM
So this was a one time thing?

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-22-2021, 03:12 PM
I feel (and this is just my opinion) that racing with Bloomquist this weekend was just because Kyle has a motor, and Bloomer camp doesn't at the moment. Personally I think Kyle will be in a Longhorn in a few weeks provided by his sponsors.

That sure isn't the DoD story at all

Mod Runner
05-22-2021, 03:56 PM
Recently, Bloomquist said he wants to get his cars to work on the high side of the track. I don't think you could find a better racer than the High Side Tickler to help develop a setup for a race car to run the high side. The Bloomquist team will need time to get the chassis to work on the high side. Hopefully all on the team will not get too impatient before they develop a winning combination. Winners will find a way to make it to the front. Both Bloomquist and Strickler know how to win.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-22-2021, 05:12 PM
I feel (and this is just my opinion) that racing with Bloomquist this weekend was just because Kyle has a motor, and Bloomer camp doesn't at the moment. Personally I think Kyle will be in a Longhorn in a few weeks provided by his sponsors.It was posted somewhere that Bloomer has 3 motors and 2 cars, so it’s not that. I just dunno that it’ll last for a number of reasons.

TerryM
05-22-2021, 09:02 PM
Strickler starting 24th tonight. Needed a provisional to get in.

zyoung25
05-22-2021, 10:53 PM
Kyle definetly looked terrible this weekend. I dont know how much I'm going to look into it. That is probably the worst I've ever seen Port Royal race.

Mod Runner
05-22-2021, 11:09 PM
A lot of really fast drivers and cars did not do very well at Port Royal tonight. I hope Bloomquist and strickler take consolation in the fact they finished better tonight than last night. They are making progress with the Bloomquist chassis. Just look at Boom Briggs , Cade Dillard , and Brandon Shephard and how poorly they finished and they are usually very fast. The track must have favored certain chassis combinations.

Thedoctor
05-23-2021, 03:41 AM
Boom Briggs and the words usually pretty fast don’t belong in the same sentence. Although he is ahead of Brent Larson in points I guess.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-23-2021, 06:38 AM
A lot of really fast drivers and cars did not do very well at Port Royal tonight. I hope Bloomquist and strickler take consolation in the fact they finished better tonight than last night. They are making progress with the Bloomquist chassis. Just look at Boom Briggs , Cade Dillard , and Brandon Shephard and how poorly they finished and they are usually very fast. The track must have favored certain chassis combinations.

He finished pretty close to where he was running night 1, before dropping out.

Action10
05-23-2021, 06:47 AM
A lot of really fast drivers and cars did not do very well at Port Royal tonight. I hope Bloomquist and strickler take consolation in the fact they finished better tonight than last night. They are making progress with the Bloomquist chassis. Just look at Boom Briggs , Cade Dillard , and Brandon Shephard and how poorly they finished and they are usually very fast. The track must have favored certain chassis combinations.This is slightly different than the topic of the thread, but this comment made me think about it... WoO has Sheppard and Madden on tour, followed by a random collection of regional racers of varying skill levels that happen to come to all of the races. That includes whatever is going on with Strickler and his deal right now with Bloomquist.

dirtcrazy4u
05-23-2021, 11:57 AM
The only thing that came out of that port royal race was the fact you had a car and driver that are so far apart that it just amazes me that anyone thought this may have worked. Strickler kept trying to run the top and you could plainly see it wasn't were the car was working. Grade F

Hoosier_Dirt
05-23-2021, 02:31 PM
There's a reason Stricklers sponsor purchased a Longhorn chassis.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-23-2021, 03:00 PM
There's a reason Stricklers sponsor purchased a Longhorn chassis.

He didn't know Strickler was going to call "daddy"?

Jking24
05-23-2021, 07:58 PM
Recently, Bloomquist said he wants to get his cars to work on the high side of the track. I don't think you could find a better racer than the High Side Tickler to help develop a setup for a race car to run the high side. The Bloomquist team will need time to get the chassis to work on the high side. Hopefully all on the team will not get too impatient before they develop a winning combination. Winners will find a way to make it to the front. Both Bloomquist and Strickler know how to win.Jarred landers didn't seem to have any trouble running a bloomquist car on the cushion. Little early to call it on the bloomquist situation but it's very fastly starting to look like stickler is not very versatile at all. So far he runs good in one condition on one type of track with one type of car.

stock car driver
05-23-2021, 09:45 PM
Arent bloomquist cars adjustable? You guys act like you cant adjust a car to run the top or bottom or to the driver. Pretty crazy stuff to read.

Mod Runner
05-24-2021, 03:45 AM
Adjustments are critical. Once Bloomquist gets the springs and shocks set to Kyles liking , I look for Kyle to be a contender. I was at the Hawkeye 100 in Boone and did not see much speed from Madden on that track. I never would have expected him to run like he has lately. Just goes to show a good combination and track conditions make a big difference.

crownman25
05-24-2021, 08:52 AM
bloomer likes a slow slick set up stiffer lr spring on the bottom strickler likes a huge rr spring and the fast top cushion....

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-24-2021, 09:02 AM
bloomer likes a slow slick set up stiffer lr spring on the bottom strickler likes a huge rr spring and the fast top cushion....

I didn't think anyone by was letting their lr suspension come unloaded anymore.

84wedge
05-24-2021, 02:51 PM
hahahahhahaa

Mod Runner
05-25-2021, 01:54 AM
Please explain 84wedge ?

crownman25
05-25-2021, 08:49 AM
matersbilt come to the south........one grove paper clips....