PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Taylor Tops All-Star Shootout Action at Southern Oklahoma

Ben Shelton
06-02-2021, 12:13 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 2, 2021

Jeff Taylor Top All-Star Shootout Action at Southern Oklahoma Speedway

CAVE CITY, Ark. (06/02/21) – Jeff Taylor experienced both the highs and lows of racing in a 24-hour window over the holiday weekend. On Wednesday night he piloted Industrial Electric No. 5 Spur Bar/ Wehrs Machine/ Skyway Auto Group/ Fox Shocks Shaw Race Cars IMCA Modified to the feature win in All-Star Shootout action at Southern Oklahoma Speedway

Less than one-day later at the same track, he found himself collected in a melee that resulted in heavy damage on his racecar, bringing an early-end to his weekend

“On Wednesday night at Southern Oklahoma Speedway we were a little off to start the night, but we got the car on point for the B-Main, which we won. In the feature we started 16th and got to the lead by lap 15. From there we drove away from the field and got the win,” Taylor shared. “We had a lot of confidence heading into Thursday’s show, but it just proved to be one of those nights.

“Thing started off good with us earning the pole position for the feature. However, there was rain moving in, so they rushed the A-Main to the track right after the B-Main. Where we parked, I couldn’t hear the pit speakers. We were late to the grid, so they put us to the tail. In the first five or six laps I had around passed half the field and was feeling good about my chances. Then, out of nowhere a guy spins in front of me. I had nowhere to go and drilled him, tearing up our race car. Just one of those deals, but man it was disappointing because we had a great car. We’ll regroup and get ready for the next one.”

Making the seven-and-half hour trek west, Jeff Taylor was one of 57 IMCA Modifieds on hand at Southern Oklahoma Speedway (Ardmore, Okla.) on Wednesday afternoon to kick off the IMCA All Star Shootout. With a fourth-place finish in his heat race relegating him to a B-Main, Jeff advanced two positions in the 15-lapper to pick up the consolation victory.

Starting the feature in 16th, Taylor worked his way into the Top 5 by the 11th lap and began closing in on the leader two laps later after a caution flag appeared. Blasting ahead of Josh McGaha for the lead on lap 15, Jeff ran away with the $1,000 victory over Jared Baird, Fred Wojtek, Jacob Pirkle, and McGaha. The win marked his second of the season.

Taylor was back in action at the Oklahoma oval on Thursday for the second round of the All-Star Shootout. A fourth-to-second performance in his heat race, earned Jeff the pole position for the feature. Unfortunately, with the feature being rushed due to approaching rain, Taylor was late to the starting grid, and had to start on the back. He was up to 12th by lap 6, when a car spun in front of him. Taylor made heavy contact, ending his night and his week of racing.

Full results from this event are available at www.SouthernOklahomaSpeedway.com .

The team is unsure of their upcoming schedule at this time as they get their racecar ready for action again. As schedule updates are finalized, they will be posted at www.JeffTaylor5.com.

Jeff Taylor would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Shaw Race Cars Industrial Electric, Spur Bar, Heat Transfer Solutions, Skyway Auto Group, Custom CNC Machining, Fox Shocks, Hyperco, Razor Edge Graphics, Wehrs Machine, Fury Energy, Sweet Manufacturing, No Limits Racing, Bassett, Schoenfeld Headers, Hoosier Racing Tire, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jeff Taylor Racing, please visit the official team website at www.JeffTaylor5.com. For more information on Shaw Race Cars, please visit www.ShawRaceCars.com .