PDA

View Full Version : Impounding top 3

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 07:50 AM
They are going to impound the top 3 cars. Great idea. Evidently, and I had no idea, there’s a GPS traction control that’ll grab the rear brakes just a touch when it senses a different speed than the front tires. Plus look at other stuff. I’d start with them sheet metal things on the car that are so outta control. But then, literally not one car is legal.

And look at fancy shocks again etc. Great idea, they’ve just let stuff get so far outta wack, where do you start?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 07:59 AM
I realize now it’s a double post for all the 4m Nazi’s. I glanced and didn’t see it.

dirtSLMracing
06-12-2021, 08:30 AM
Quote:

They are going to impound the top 3 cars. Great idea. Evidently, and I had no idea, there’s a GPS traction control that’ll grab the rear brakes just a touch when it senses a different speed than the front tires. Plus look at other stuff. I’d start with them sheet metal things on the car that are so outta control. But then, literally not one car is legal.

And look at fancy shocks again etc. Great idea, they’ve just let stuff get so far outta wack, where do you start?

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Quote function not working again because this site continues to be a P.O.S. that s run by idots.

Now about your post... who is impounding? You are rambling about various things.

dirtSLMracing
06-12-2021, 08:37 AM
Some keys dont work well on my chromebook so I left out a letter in idiots. Now the edit on here takes an act of congress. Why is this site so difficult? Seriously.. is it run by a bunch of people with special needs?

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2021, 10:29 AM
I'm so excited they still care nothing for bodies and are looking for antique technology traction control.

golddirt
06-12-2021, 11:02 AM
Dang cars look like an s. Straighten them out and get rid of that oversized nose piece

play4kps
06-12-2021, 11:17 AM
Yeah the Aero has to change on hrese cars, they are no longer enjoyable to watch on big tracks, once they get out front in free air, they are gone most of the time! The only real passes last night were crazy banzie moves. On a side note, Do something with the dirt, the vision is horrible, and control the dirt a little more, most tracks care enough about there fans not to sit in a sand blaster all night, ps, no foolish comments about dont go if you dont like it, trust me, nobody at the track thinks that dumb. We are talking about helping the sport, their was young kids last night miserable from the dirt, they are supposed to be future fans, and yes I realize your at a dirt track, but its been ridiculous lately.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 11:28 AM
Rambling?

Top 3 are impounded from tonight. They are looking for various things. Not sure what’s hard to figure out.

dirtSLMracing
06-12-2021, 11:34 AM
Quote:

Rambling?

Top 3 are impounded from tonight. They are looking for various things. Not sure what’s hard to figure out

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

How about what racetrack are you talking about you dumba$$.

lurker
06-12-2021, 11:40 AM
I'm so excited they still care nothing for bodies and are looking for antique technology traction control.

I think it’s a damage control dog-and-pony show detractor keeping the sights off of the real problems --- because the racing hasn’t been that great so far.

dirty-white-boy
06-12-2021, 11:53 AM
The Shinnston camp I am sure is in Kenneda's ear.....

Mike
06-12-2021, 12:12 PM

Didn’t they do a test a few years ago and find out traction control really didn’t make that much of a difference? Why would it when these modern bodies produce so much downforce you don’t have a problem hooking up all the power you can get.

Raceready
06-12-2021, 12:20 PM
The Shinnston camp I am sure is in Kenneda's ear.....Thats could be what it is all about. The ones that are used to dominating the sport are wanting to find out what the others have that is allowing them to be outran.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Dumba$$?

Every other motherfuker on here knows wtf track I’m talking about, as do you. If you don’t, I’d look in the mirror before being all triggered about idiots.

Literally the only late model race worth talking about. Where the fuk else would they impound the top 3 and tear them down looking for crap?

Oh, I’ll spell it out for you,

Eldora Speedway
13929 State Route 118
New Weston, Ohio 45348

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Yeah a few years ago they had Billy Ogle Jr and I dunno who else test it. And yes, quicker without TC. But, it makes you very consistent.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Rambling?

Top 3 are impounded from tonight. They are looking for various things. Not sure what’s hard to figure out

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

How about what racetrack are you talking about you dumba$$.

Better get all triggered with Need for speed to, he didn’t spell it out either wtf track he was talking about.:)

Highside Hustler25
06-12-2021, 01:30 PM
...what racetrack are you talking about< WTF talk about dumb%#$.

Mike
06-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Yeah a few years ago they had Billy Ogle Jr and I dunno who else test it. And yes, quicker without TC. But, it makes you very consistent.

I could be wrong but I think the other may have been Josh Richard’s. I’ll say it now just like I said before that test. Traction Control isn’t the problem. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the problem, but I guess it will satisfy some because at least they are look for the problem even if they are looking in the wrong place.

chupp n bloomer fan
06-12-2021, 01:57 PM
For sure.

Motors, them bodies, shocks, and so on. First would be the bodies to me. And it’s so simple. I really don’t wanna sound like NASCAR, but make templates, and you either fit it or ya don’t.

Barbecueboy
06-12-2021, 02:01 PM

Nooooooooooooooo.....insert sarcasm eye roll here.

Mike
06-12-2021, 02:53 PM
For sure.

Motors, them bodies, shocks, and so on. First would be the bodies to me. And it’s so simple. I really don’t wanna sound like NASCAR, but make templates, and you either fit it or ya don’t.

You’ve probably noticed me complaining about the direction the bodies were headed for at least the last 8-10 years. LOL There wouldn’t be a need for templates if people could read a tape measure but apparently it’s a lost art. I don’t think it’s really a lost art though. The real lost art is enforcing rules. I guess they are afraid of hurting peoples feelings so they just let $h:t slide.

84wedge
06-12-2021, 03:05 PM
What are the rules that aren't being enforced?

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2021, 03:15 PM
What are the rules that aren't being enforced?

Deck width, rf fender height, body width, even taper of body width from center to the back on both sides, pretty much any body rule.

They sometimes check rear deck height, but let a fat guy bounce on it until it passes.

Decks used to be flat from driver back, used to be 36" max from the ground. They were flat from side to side as well.
Roofs used to have to have convex curvature, it goes on and on. Those rules were amended or removed because of lack of enforcement.

NeedforLM$peed
06-12-2021, 03:18 PM
I think there was a picture going around a few years ago of them checking deck height maybe something else and the tape measure wasn't even touching the ground

zyoung25
06-12-2021, 03:31 PM
I told a friend that's on here the other day that they to hire the Portsmouth tech guys to run lucas tech. Some of prp's rules dont make any sense, but at least they enforce their rules.

Josh Bayko
06-12-2021, 03:41 PM
I’ve talked to a few dirt drivers who have tried traction control and not a single one of them tonight it would make them faster. In fact, they all thought it would be a hindrance.

YeetIt
06-12-2021, 03:50 PM
I’ve talked to a few dirt drivers who have tried traction control and not a single one of them tonight it would make them faster. In fact, they all thought it would be a hindrance.If you handed most teams Rumley/JD apparatus, would they have made it work? Currently there's a few teams in the sport that have a ridiculous amount of money in the owners pockets. If there was a time that someone has gotten it figured out, it's now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2021, 03:57 PM
^^^if you gave them the whole apparatus, I'd hope so. It wasn't particularly complex.

The top teams are not wasting their time on something so unreliable and unusable.

Josh Bayko
06-12-2021, 04:06 PM
TC for dirt oval racing will likely never really get to a point where it’s sensitive and sophisticated yet hidden enough where it knew you needed to break traction to be faster or make a pass. It really wouldn’t be worth it to any racer or manufacturer for what would be a tiny little sliver of a very niche sport.

th3Swami
06-12-2021, 04:52 PM
logic states that if someone is using something thats against the rules, they arent going to speak highly of it so as to avoid suspicion...

but im neither here nor there on the subject

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-12-2021, 04:57 PM
logic states that if someone is using something thats against the rules, they arent going to speak highly of it so as to avoid suspicion...

They wouldn't speak of it at all. If they were smart. But most racers are blabber mouths, in my experience.

Buford.Justice
06-12-2021, 05:19 PM

That is a very good point!!

obamaracing#1
06-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Yeah that 76 car needs gone through with a fine tooth comb. I don't think the Wells would ever do anything of the sort but I know if I was a team/driver i know i would be super jelly “ hmmmm come on they team come here and kick are a55es this bad??”

c1ty5tar
06-12-2021, 09:19 PM
Have you every watched late model racing before? Guys get on hot streaks all the time and will just roll everyone else for weeks at a time at different tracks. This was one track over 4 days. Certainly not far fetched at all.

These guys don’t chase points. They take time in between races to make sure their stuff is good. They run/travel less so their stuff is much more fresh as well.

TerryM
06-12-2021, 09:21 PM
LOL at anyone thinking the 76 car isn’t legal. There are guys in the sport who have much deserved reputations for cheating, but this Wells/Overton combo ain’t one of them.

obamaracing#1
06-12-2021, 09:33 PM
c1ty5tar--- For sure, I'm just assuming when a driver is on a unbelievable steak other teams most start to wonder what rules and grey areas any team on a roll is exploiting. these guys are the best in the business, and the difference between winning and losing is razor thin

ZERO25
06-12-2021, 10:36 PM
Kenneda also made it a point to bring up suspicious shocks and heim ends! He said Woo has been inspecting all year for certain items!

We will see in the morning!

Dlmfan123
06-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Brandon seems pretty confident about the entire situation

Josh Bayko
06-12-2021, 10:54 PM
Brandon seems pretty confident about the entire situation

They could fail him over body rules, but they they’d have to fail literally everybody else too. There wasn’t a car in the pits that had a truly legal body.

Dlmfan123
06-13-2021, 12:31 AM
Win is official. Top 3 have passed tech.

dirtcrazy4u
06-13-2021, 05:49 AM
Some of you would b*tch if you hit the lottery. There is little doubt, this team is the most well prepared team out there right now. Overton right now is the top dog, every adjustment and change he is making seems to be working for him. Congrats I say to Brandon and the hole wells motorsports team. You came, you saw, and you kicked some a**. Well done

lurker
06-13-2021, 07:10 AM
Thats could be what it is all about. The ones that are used to dominating the sport are wanting to find out what the others have that is allowing them to be outran.

Hopefully they found what they were looking for in tech, and took measurements and pictures ---- the new XR2’s should be out soon, probably late next week.

dirtcrazy4u
06-13-2021, 09:55 AM
WOW. 2 quotes and 1 simple minded comment. I may be wrong but isn't that 44 car that was coming strong late in the race a xr-1 ? Is rocket 1 seemingly struggling ? Yes, but I strongly believe they are trying something different. They are leading in points on the woo tour, is it weak this year compared to the lucas tour ? Yes. Everyone made the comment let's see how they do when the tracks get slick. That in itself last night showed me there possibly trying some changes. Team blue is too good to be running were he was until the motor went south.

NeedforLM$peed
06-13-2021, 10:16 AM
WOW. 2 quotes and 1 simple minded comment. I may be wrong but isn't that 44 car that was coming strong late in the race a xr-1 ? Is rocket 1 seemingly struggling ? Yes, but I strongly believe they are trying something different. They are leading in points on the woo tour, is it weak this year compared to the lucas tour ? Yes. Everyone made the comment let's see how they do when the tracks get slick. That in itself last night showed me there possibly trying some changes. Team blue is too good to be running were he was until the motor went south.
You ramble too much...

BloomerWon
06-13-2021, 10:51 AM
You ramble too much...

Keeping the cap on the bottle is difficult for him... 🙃

BloomerWon
06-13-2021, 10:55 AM
Some of you would b*tch if you hit the lottery. There is little doubt, this team is the most well prepared team out there right now. Overton right now is the top dog, every adjustment and change he is making seems to be working for him. Congrats I say to Brandon and the hole wells motorsports team. You came, you saw, and you kicked some a**. Well done
He said bich?? 😆

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2021, 11:13 AM

Overton was toying with him, but yes, he ran a good second.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2021, 11:15 AM
Kenneda also made it a point to bring up suspicious shocks and heim ends! He said Woo has been inspecting all year for certain items!

We will see in the morning!

Smart guys like Rumley are laughing at these rod end comments. He did with the right size bolt in the hole rules too. You can't tune slop. They are literally looking for a ghost

lurker
06-13-2021, 12:40 PM
WOW. 2 quotes and 1 simple minded comment.

For the record, my comment was a veiled attempt at humor and sarcasm, like Barbecueboy's post #20. Sorry you misinterpreted it.

Dlmfan123
06-13-2021, 12:43 PM
Mark richards said he would bet 10,000 brandon was 100% legal. So it wasn't him that started it

NeedforLM$peed
06-13-2021, 12:46 PM
Mark richards said he would bet 10,000 brandon was 100% legal. So it wasn't him that started it

https://images.app.goo.gl/WH7CdxJuFKV3uWTR7

ZERO25
06-13-2021, 01:14 PM
Smart guys like Rumley are laughing at these rod end comments. He did with the right size bolt in the hole rules too. You can't tune slop. They are literally looking for a ghost

You never know with these series officials. Are they smart enough to throw you a curveball and are looking for other things? Who knows but at least they made a serious attempt at inspecting.......other than the body rules, obviously!

davis2902
06-13-2021, 01:52 PM

Rocket 1 is married to the cushion. Just watch all the recent races.

DirtyD31
06-13-2021, 05:06 PM
I talked to Steve Francis right after he Schwallie was measuring Bloomers car. I’m assuming because he missed tech, and drivers meeting. What r these measurements that u guys know about that r rules in the book that Steve missed?

ZERO25
06-13-2021, 05:28 PM
See post #23!

cjsracing
06-13-2021, 06:17 PM
DirtyD31 they just like to complain because they don't like the way the cars look.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2021, 06:40 PM
DirtyD31 they just like to complain because they don't like the way the cars look.

I see we have a comedian in our midst.

DirtyD31
06-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Zero25 I see the post, and I don’t want anyone to think I’m being a smart ass. I honestly don’t know the tolerance on measurements for the body’s. I didn’t see any specifics in post 23 just where they measured from. I just don’t know if rule book has changed and measurements r different, or every sanction body is turning there head. I mean they bust there asses over tires, and droop, seems they would for body issues also. I honestly thought that’s what was happening to bloomer, but he passed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-13-2021, 07:22 PM
They turned their head. They changed the rules cause the cars weren't in line anymore. Then the whole cycle repeated again. The fact that parts, once hand built, starting being mass-produced, didn't help either. They want to make a faster one to sell next year. Rules be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.

This is not a tolerance issue at all.

For example, 2 years ago the decided to "draw a line in the sand" on the right side body lines. Fender tops already gained height back to front, which wasn't legal. So they said they would run a string from top of rr quarter to top of rf fender. The biggest gap of daylight under the string allowed was 1.5", if I remember correctly. Then since no one followed that rule, they now stop the string at the firewall and let the rf fender be whatever you want.

baker1b
06-14-2021, 12:28 AM
Yeah the Aero has to change on hrese cars, they are no longer enjoyable to watch on big tracks, once they get out front in free air, they are gone most of the time! The only real passes last night were crazy banzie moves. On a side note, Do something with the dirt, the vision is horrible, and control the dirt a little more, most tracks care enough about there fans not to sit in a sand blaster all night, ps, no foolish comments about dont go if you dont like it, trust me, nobody at the track thinks that dumb. We are talking about helping the sport, their was young kids last night miserable from the dirt, they are supposed to be future fans, and yes I realize your at a dirt track, but its been ridiculous lately.

Do something with the dirt? lol.... You're an idiot if you think nobody thinks it's dumb. That's part of dirt racing. We set in the grass coming out of 4. We love being close and so does everyone around us that's been setting in the same spots for years. When we leave the race we're covered from head to toe. It's Eldora dirt!! No race true race fan should care to be covered when they leave.

Jking24
06-14-2021, 05:26 AM
They turned their head. They changed the rules cause the cars weren't in line anymore. Then the whole cycle repeated again. The fact that parts, once hand built, starting being mass-produced, didn't help either. They want to make a faster one to sell next year. Rules be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.This is not a tolerance issue at all.For example, 2 years ago the decided to "draw a line in the sand" on the right side body lines. Fender tops already gained height back to front, which wasn't legal. So they said they would run a string from top of rr quarter to top of rf fender. The biggest gap of daylight under the string allowed was 1.5", if I remember correctly. Then since no one followed that rule, they now stop the string at the firewall and let the rf fender be whatever you want.When they were hot and heavy on it at Charlotte it was 1"max. You were also not allowed to have a hole in your fender or a partial fender under the rf flopper

cjsracing
06-14-2021, 08:59 AM
I see we have a comedian in our midst.

Not being a comedian.
1. I like the way the cars look
2. the drop deck makes it a little easier to get out if you are in an emergency
3. I think it's fun when I build the body for my car to be a little creative to make it look cool.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-14-2021, 09:02 AM
Not being a comedian.
1. I like the way the cars look
2. the drop deck makes it a little easier to get out if you are in an emergency
3. I think it's fun when I build the body for my car to be a little creative to make it look cool.

I've liked almost all the cars except maybe mid to late 80s. I hate how they race. That's the body's fault.

Kromulous
06-14-2021, 09:11 AM
I like how the cars look on the track now days, but in the pits they look like some goofy dune buggy. RF all up in the air with enough travel for a whoop section. On the track thou they look racey, but the racing is suffering and on the bigger tracks its worse.

Clean air will destroy the sport !

Mike
06-14-2021, 09:23 PM
They turned their head. They changed the rules cause the cars weren't in line anymore. Then the whole cycle repeated again. The fact that parts, once hand built, starting being mass-produced, didn't help either. They want to make a faster one to sell next year. Rules be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed.

This is not a tolerance issue at all.

For example, 2 years ago the decided to "draw a line in the sand" on the right side body lines. Fender tops already gained height back to front, which wasn't legal. So they said they would run a string from top of rr quarter to top of rf fender. The biggest gap of daylight under the string allowed was 1.5", if I remember correctly. Then since no one followed that rule, they now stop the string at the firewall and let the rf fender be whatever you want.

Isn’t it amazing the number of people who defend these new bodies like it’s always been written in the rules for them to look that way?

Josh Bayko
06-14-2021, 10:05 PM
You could bring the bodies back in check without changing the current look all that much. Just make it all straight, flat, and symmetrical and get the deck back down to 36”.

dirtcrazy4u
06-15-2021, 05:55 AM
You could also cut the elephant ears off the tops of the fenders and straighten the bodies front to rear. Some of the body offsets at the dream were out of control to say the least.

Jim11h
06-16-2021, 07:10 AM
Tech at dream and world used to be something. They had spoiler side and marker. You didn't fit their template they'd mark where to cut. Had a gauge they'd slide under car and measure body width. They'd measure spoiler and deck heights, window openings, wheel width, etc etc. Tech used to take 5 mins or so per car. You didn't fit you went, fixed, and came back thru. Then as lining up for heats or qualify or whatever they'd walk along the concrete measuring spoiler heights checking tires etc in an effort to ensure legal when hit track. Shoot even side windows we're strongly checked

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-16-2021, 07:15 AM
Tech at dream and world used to be something. They had spoiler side and marker. You didn't fit their template they'd mark where to cut. Had a gauge they'd slide under car and measure body width. They'd measure spoiler and deck heights, window openings, wheel width, etc etc. Tech used to take 5 mins or so per car. You didn't fit you went, fixed, and came back thru. Then as lining up for heats or qualify or whatever they'd walk along the concrete measuring spoiler heights checking tires etc in an effort to ensure legal when hit track. Shoot even side windows we're strongly checked

You aren't kidding. It was impossible to pass the first time if you were not trying to cheat.

JabberJaws83
06-16-2021, 08:51 AM
I have no idea why people think these cars still wouldn’t look “cool” if reeled in the bodies and rules. I’m also not sure why anyone thinks the roller skate right front tire looks “cool”.
Fix that, the deck rake, the difference in nose height and the tiny right side body panel, please!