PDA

View Full Version : Not one word about the SRX series

dirtcrazy4u
06-13-2021, 10:19 AM
Hummmmmmm, what up with that ?

TheJet-09
06-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Two things I'd say:

1) If the local guy/s continue to beat the "Stars" it probably won't help ratings

2) Televising the shows on Saturday nights is probably going to hurt, because whether asphalt or dirt, fans are at the races

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2021, 11:16 AM
The highlight had to be when the winner Doug Coby fell off the door trying to celebrate.

cjsracing
06-13-2021, 11:20 AM
i've seen commercials on tv for it

Rajflyboy
06-13-2021, 12:13 PM
Some of you were right. Car looks bad. Racing was just ok. Definitely gimmicky. I enjoyed Danica as the announcer (for some reason).

3 wide
06-13-2021, 02:41 PM
Well I thought it was terrible the cars seem to be real slow it might be better at Nashville an eldora if the cars are fast enough if ain't know good at Nashville they can park them.

dirtcrazy4u
06-13-2021, 03:07 PM
I watched it on you tube. REALLY, I thought this was suppose to be racing. Underpowered, Underpowered, and again Underpowered. Someone please tell me what people see in MW. Why in the heck is he even there, you talk about a backhills goober.

Rajflyboy
06-13-2021, 03:14 PM
I watched it on you tube. REALLY, I thought this was suppose to be racing. Underpowered, Underpowered, and again Underpowered. Someone please tell me what people see in MW. Why in the heck is he even there, you talk about a backhills goober.Sometimes you get a ride just because you are a nice guy. Cars are slow. Good point on that 👍

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2021, 03:40 PM
I watched it on you tube. REALLY, I thought this was suppose to be racing. Underpowered, Underpowered, and again Underpowered. Someone please tell me what people see in MW. Why in the heck is he even there, you talk about a backhills goober.

You watch yer mouth Mr.
How many Daytona 500s do you have in your trophy room?

ZERO25
06-13-2021, 05:33 PM
You watch yer mouth Mr.
How many Daytona 500s do you have in your trophy room?

Speaking of mouth..........is it me or is Mikey a little on the sweet side? :)

nc mudcat
06-13-2021, 05:54 PM
Different perspective, I guess. I thought it was a good show. Drivers did a good job for the most part. Local guy did his job, stands were absolutely packed. All in all, a good thing. And I know you all hate asphalt, but Stafford is an awesome place with so much history. Live and in person, with modifieds on that track, there is nothing like it.

Highside Hustler25
06-13-2021, 06:01 PM

Being he spends a lot of time with Larson, Hamlin, and Stenhouse, I doubt it.

Dlmfan123
06-13-2021, 06:19 PM
What do you want to be said on here about it? This is for dirt late models

TerryM
06-13-2021, 06:48 PM
If this post is any indication, it looks like it’s you.

3 wide
06-13-2021, 06:51 PM
Different perspective, I guess. I thought it was a good show. Drivers did a good job for the most part. Local guy did his job, stands were absolutely packed. All in all, a good thing. And I know you all hate asphalt, but Stafford is an awesome place with so much history. Live and in person, with modifieds on that track, there is nothing like it.I don't hate asphalt racing I hate slow cars that can't pass like I said will see what they do at Nashville if they can't put on a show there just park them.

ZERO25
06-13-2021, 07:39 PM
If this post is any indication, it looks like it’s you.

Calm down Triggered Terry.......you get the whole month to celebrate!

EvelB7
06-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Watched the replay, glad I tuned into the Dream.....do not see this appealing to DLM fans, even with Bloomer in a car. Go to your local short track on a Saturday Night, support them! DVR and watch in 15 minutes...

Rajflyboy
06-14-2021, 08:30 AM
Watched the replay, glad I tuned into the Dream.....do not see this appealing to DLM fans, even with Bloomer in a car. Go to your local short track on a Saturday Night, support them! DVR and watch in 15 minutes...This x 100 👍👍👍

weatherman85
06-14-2021, 08:34 AM
I enjoyed it as well. Sure there are things that could be improved upon, but that's usually the case for anything after its 1st outing. Be interesting to see how they do on dirt.

dirtSLMracing
06-14-2021, 08:40 AM
I think it would be cool to attend one of these to see the old stars in person but this doesnt seem like TV material. The actual racing seemed fake.

MachineMasters
06-14-2021, 11:00 AM
How did Biffle drive through the field on new tires in the 100 lap feature, yet fail to pass the leader? Seemed fishy.

SRX needs to be extremely careful with scripting - if real race fans catch a hint of the racing being scripted, they will tune out.

Rajflyboy
06-14-2021, 12:33 PM
Baffle wore his tires out. I think Coby managed tire wear better.

BloomerWon
06-14-2021, 01:01 PM
What do you want to be said on here about it? This is for dirt late models

During dream week to boot... lmao!!

Highside Hustler25
06-14-2021, 01:09 PM
How did Biffle drive through the field on new tires in the 100 lap feature, yet fail to pass the leader? Seemed fishy.

SRX needs to be extremely careful with scripting - if real race fans catch a hint of the racing being scripted, they will tune out.
You can tell they are holding Michael Waltrip back.

MEE
06-14-2021, 01:58 PM
Hummmmmmm, what up with that ?Who cares This is a DIRT forum.

BloomerWon
06-14-2021, 02:45 PM
Who cares This is a DIRT forum.

Then why do you come here asking about gay bars all the time??

Late_Model_Mark
06-14-2021, 05:50 PM
I enjoyed it, seeing the stands packed was cool, watched the thing after calling a show at Talladega. Cars are interesting and they seemed to race decently. You don't have to be fast to have good racing.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Barbecueboy
06-14-2021, 08:14 PM
Cars looked cooler and less fragile than I thought they would. I enjoyed it and like the idea of throwing In the local hot shots.

dirtcrazy4u
06-14-2021, 08:42 PM
Holding mikie Waltrip back. Hahahahahahahahahahahqhahqhahqhaha, and then some.

Barbecueboy
06-14-2021, 09:59 PM
Holding mikie Waltrip back. Hahahahahahahahahahahqhahqhahqhaha, and then some.

I thought the same thing, but then I figured they weren’t talking about his racing and are holding him back from being himself in front of a camera aka NASCAR pit road reporter

stock car driver
06-14-2021, 10:42 PM
12 cars are you kidding who the heck would watch 12 cars..... I was towing 3-4-5 hours to find full fields to race with and then went to specials only for the last few years.

If this is a serious post you must be a serious couch potato.

Barbecueboy
06-15-2021, 06:39 AM
Our guys can’t race in the rain when the track is closed, so couch racing this past weekend was the only option.

The racing wasn’t near as bad as I thought it would be.

vande07
06-15-2021, 01:54 PM
IMO, the racing was fine. As far as speed goes, my guess is CUP cars would have been in that same speed range at Stafford, possibly a little faster, but they are so aero dependant that it would have been follow the leader with NO PASSING, at least these cars could go two wide even though the announcer indicated it's typically a 1 groove track.

This week and next week will be more interesting overall as they remove the windshields and convert them over to run the dirt, my guess is their lap times will be similar to the truck series when they ran Eldora in the past.

Now, who will spin out on the dirt first? My $$ is on Paul Tracy....

Highside Hustler25
06-15-2021, 03:49 PM
I'll take Helio for $20

slideiton
06-15-2021, 04:51 PM
It's not a small field for a specialty series even IROC which was the forefather of SRX was only 12 cars, even Robby Gordon's Off Road series was no more than a handful of full time teams.

3 wide
06-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Well I don't give it much hope Nashville and maybe slinger is there best chance to put on a show I think.

obamaracing#1
06-15-2021, 08:59 PM
Looks lame to me.. wanna be iroc series

ZERO25
06-15-2021, 09:04 PM
The interview with Bloomer and Tony on Floracing says it all about the upcoming Knoxville race!

HoosierDirtFan
06-15-2021, 09:32 PM
The interview with Bloomer and Tony on Floracing says it all about the upcoming Knoxville race!

I just watched that interview with the two of them. That was very good. Seems like they both have a ton of respect for what the other has done in racing.

vande07
06-16-2021, 01:16 PM
I'll take Helio for $20

does practice night count?

If so, I'll try to stay long enough after the 305 and 360 sprint show to see who spins first.

Sadly, it will probably be Brown or Bloomer as they'll actually try to see where the edge is right away :)

NeedforLM$peed
06-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Can they race Eldora weekly?

gertheblur12
06-26-2021, 10:49 PM
I watched tonight for the first time after watching Hailie Deegan's youtube from last week's race. I find it funny how the series owner is also a participant and has a pretty decent point lead. Beside Tony Kanaan and Paul Tracy hitting dang near everything in sight it was fairly boring. Also Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save it

CIRF
06-26-2021, 11:43 PM
Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save itThe type of race car Kanaan has competed in his entire career are not conducive to making contact of any kind. People can get killed when a driver doesn't have the skill and talent to make a clean pass. TK can be cut a little slack for not knowing how to dump someone while driving an awkward, full bodied racecar.

HoosierDirtFan
06-27-2021, 12:13 AM
I watched tonight for the first time after watching Hailie Deegan's youtube from last week's race. I find it funny how the series owner is also a participant and has a pretty decent point lead. Beside Tony Kanaan and Paul Tracy hitting dang near everything in sight it was fairly boring. Also Tony Kanaan should know better than to right rear someone intentally. If you want to dump a guy you go left rear, luckily Francis was able to save it

Series owner??

Stefan2k20
06-27-2021, 01:03 AM
Series owner?? Think he's probably referring to Stewart. Yeah, he's one of the owners of the series.

Mod Runner
06-27-2021, 01:35 AM
Helio is always great to listen to when he is interviewed. I enjoyed watching the Knoxville race , but would have liked to have seen 18 to 20 cars starting the race. The cars are suppose to have 700 horsepower , but the handling is intentionally limited.

Highside Hustler25
06-27-2021, 08:04 AM
Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.

Action10
06-27-2021, 08:29 AM
Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.Am I the only one who wouldn't mind a late model body looking similar to the SRX cars? I would rather see a spoiler than a wing, but the general shape of the body is what I'm meaning...

TerryM
06-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.
Is this a joke?

WisWildManFan
06-27-2021, 09:32 AM
“The show was over before they put me to the tail”

Late_Model_Mark
06-27-2021, 10:08 AM
I watched the race this morning and I found it to be entertaining as well, good action and some drama. I like this concept. It also exposed Eldora and dirt racing. I enjoyed the racing, good show.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

NeedforLM$peed
06-27-2021, 10:14 AM
I think it was better since they raced on a track with banking. At the end of the heat race they were almost 4 wide for the lead. And 5th wasn't far behind.

kazual
06-27-2021, 10:16 AM
Like it or not, there was more passing last night than you'll ever witness in a late model race there. Highly entertaining.Agreed. Late model fans are sometimes too prejudiced to appreciate a race. Seen many entertaining street stock and modified races, proportionately more than late models probably. Thought it was entertaining.

Thedoctor
06-27-2021, 10:19 AM
I don’t think post 47’s a joke. There was more passing and side by side racing then I’ve seen in dirt late models in quite awhile. 8-9 cars within a couple seconds of each other and it never got strung out.

gertheblur12
06-27-2021, 10:49 AM
yes I was referring to Tony Stewart. I was wondering about the horsepower the announcer keep saying that they can't even get to 50% throttle. What's the point of having 700hp when you don't even get close to using it all? Maybe after this year Ray and Tony will do a little R&D and change up the suspension for better handling

weatherman85
06-27-2021, 12:11 PM
Agreed, the racing was better then most late model races have been there recently. I’m sure there will be changes in between this season and next to make it even better. Lot of people on here are just closed minded to anything that’s anti late model. Especially on the hollowed grounds of Eldora. Shouldn’t be a big surprise. The Eldora stocks usually produce the best racing action at every Eldora event.

BloomerWon
06-27-2021, 12:16 PM
Is this a joke?

You're so cool.. smh 😁

mcarter815
06-27-2021, 01:04 PM
yes I was referring to Tony Stewart. I was wondering about the horsepower the announcer keep saying that they can't even get to 50% throttle. What's the point of having 700hp when you don't even get close to using it all? Maybe after this year Ray and Tony will do a little R&D and change up the suspension for better handling

It's a problem that drivers have to have good throttle control to win?

TerryM
06-27-2021, 01:09 PM
You Eldora haters are hilarious.

Rajflyboy
06-27-2021, 01:35 PM
Conflict of interest. Part owner of series should not be in the event.

TerryM
06-27-2021, 01:36 PM
Here comes the tin foil crowd.

HoosierDirtFan
06-27-2021, 01:46 PM
Think he's probably referring to Stewart. Yeah, he's one of the owners of the series.

Yeah no kidding! I was be sarcastic since Ray Evernham is the one who started this 2 years ago with this grand idea and just mid last year asked Stewart to be apart of it. Ray & Tony Eury (Earnhardt cousin) built the cars. To me Stewart is just a name to help promote the series some.

- - - - -

I think the racing is ok but could be better with better drivers. Not saying none of them have a good amount of talent but I think the product on the track could be better then what it is. Series needs real talent in the prime of their careers. This feels like just a show that Humphrey Wheeler promoted at Charlotte. I think this needs a few more then just 12 cars. 18-20 cars would be better. Give me talent over drivers who have a name and have been around racing a while. I can think of about 20 or so who I'd like to see with this series: Kyle Larson, Bubba Pollard, Tyler Courtney, Max McLaughlin, Kody Swanson, Brandon Overton, Jonathan Davenport, Ty Majeski, Tony Stewart, Brad Sweet to name a few. I think that would help draw more fans and make the racing better and more exciting for those who spent the money to come and see it. The race at Eldora was decent. I think the best races will be at the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway & Slinger Speedway though.

Just my thoughts on this

Action10
06-27-2021, 01:52 PM
Conflict of interest. Part owner of series should not be in the event.Doesn't this happen at a lot of dirt tracks every week around the country though? Not saying you are wrong, just pointing that out...

MUD MAESTRO
06-27-2021, 02:25 PM
first time watching.......Sad, not buying what the SRX is selling.

NeedforLM$peed
06-27-2021, 03:07 PM
Unless I missed something but I don't particularly see anyone hating on Eldora 👀

Rajflyboy
06-27-2021, 03:44 PM
Doesn't this happen at a lot of dirt tracks every week around the country though? Not saying you are wrong, just pointing that out...It does and can also be a problem. SRX has drivers that are past their prime.

TerryM
06-27-2021, 03:46 PM
You always miss something.

dirtcrazy4u
06-27-2021, 04:33 PM
Mikieeeeeeeee, in the back, shucks Tony. Well I all thought these cars hand a cruuuuuise control heck that's how I won daytone 2 times ya'all node. Heck I can't drivo and pass folks, yuk yuk yuk. I sure had them Toyota people fooled I did.

3 wide
06-27-2021, 04:44 PM
Well last nights race was a little better than the first 2 mainly because they were on a better race track but the bottom line is the cars are too wide an too slow.

lurker
06-27-2021, 05:29 PM
You Eldora haters are hilarious.

TerryM,

I went, and had a good time with friends. As critical as I am about the racing surface at Eldora, it was conducive for good racing in both the SRX race and the USAC Silver Crown race. The SRX heats and feature could be suspect for being scripted, but for a celebrity pro race all in all it was a good time. Crowd was about 70% capacity in my opinion, and felt to have a NASAR crowd feel to it. Very few left after the SRX race, thus staying for the USAC Silver Crown race. If anyone has any questions, I’ll try to answer.

HoosierDirtFan
06-27-2021, 06:14 PM
Lurker

The last three races are at:
Lucas Oil Raceway on the west side of Indianapolis
Slinger Speedway in Wisconsin
Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tennessee

Do you think with what you saw at Eldora these last 3 races would be better the the first three?
Those last 3 race tracks are all conducive to good side by side racing. What's your assessment of what you saw?

Personally I think the series needs to be 18-20 cars with some other younger talents in them as well. This feels like a show promoted by former Charlotte Motor Speedway promoter Humpy Wheeler.

WisWildManFan
06-27-2021, 06:37 PM
A lot of random yellows in the feature.

lurker
06-27-2021, 07:28 PM
Nathan,

I thought over all the racing was good for what it is, but I am skeptical it might have been a little scripted at times from Tony’s seat. Maybe he was just playing with the guys, I don’t know. I thought the yellow flags were suspicious too. Walking in the pits afterwards, overheard SC driver Robert Ballou parked in turn 3 and 4 saying the cars seemed a little pushy --- and I’d agree. The cars drive like what they are I guess, from what I understand, the cars are perimeter frame-rail cars and not offset cars, so you have what you have.

Not sure if I think the asphalt races will be better, just possibly more even for some of the non-dirt drivers. We talked to Evernham also, and he thought the Eldora race produced what he was looking for series and product wise. Personally I think the product has some legs given time, knowing IMHO, it’s a celebrity pro race series, and not the World 100 or the Daytona 500. Marketing wise, Evernham is very happy with everything so far --- his words.

cjsracing
06-27-2021, 08:19 PM
It does and can also be a problem. SRX has drivers that are past their prime.

My understanding is that was the point of the series. It wasn't meant to take current NASCAR and Indy stars. It was to take the past superstars of the NASCAR and Indy and throw in stars from other forms of racing.

lurker
06-27-2021, 09:03 PM
Correct. People need not to make it what it isn’t. Its simply entertainment, involving racecars and based primarily around some older retired drivers, with other drivers mixed in. Its not filling the hole, or intended to fill a hole, of a existing races like the PDC or the Snowball Derby.

Rajflyboy
06-28-2021, 05:18 AM
Yes. It’s contrived. That makes more sense.

Highside Hustler25
06-28-2021, 05:19 PM
Amazing how even the cars are. They all turned their fastest laps between lap 1 and lap 4. The leader ran 20.00 and the 12th place car(last) ran 20.6.
1/2 second between the fastest and the slowest. Of course by the end of the race, some cars were considerably slower due to damage.
I've seen plenty of races at Eldora and yes Terry M. their was more passing Sat. night than many a late model race that I've seen over the years.

And Hellio finishing 3rd to 2 dirt ringers was impressive for his first time on dirt.

Highside Hustler25
06-28-2021, 05:22 PM
oh, and Stewie was definitely sandbaggin more than once to make for a good race. He probably could have won by a straightaway.

Mod Runner
06-28-2021, 10:55 PM
I have not seen the Eldora race yet, but I thought the Knoxville race was good. Bloomquist put on quite a show at Knoxville. At one time he started on the outside pole while Tony Stewart had the pole on a restart. Bloomquist stuck his car extra deep into the first turn and slid toward the wall. Anyone who has raced on a dry track can relate to how Bloomquist had to hold onto his car so he would not hit the wall. Bloomquist gave it good shot to get the lead but ended up drifting back while he was trying to maintain control of his car. Good to see someone take such a chance to win.

GrocMax
06-30-2021, 12:50 AM
Who the Eff is "Humphrey" Wheeler? You mean the promoter dude from Charlotte MS who made (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed sure every 8 year old from three states over saw the commercials about the monster trucks, cartoon characters, the Godzilla thingy deal Dale Sr. crunched cars with, the stupid bus jumps and stunts in the infield, and made (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed sure mommy and daddy heard about it? Oh, THAT idiot?

TS FAN
06-30-2021, 08:03 AM
Clearly this series is doing what it set out to do. I watched it knowing exactly what it was about. Kind of unique