PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers

ZERO25
06-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Whats up with all the 1/4-1/2 inch wheel spacers on both fronts? Is it clearance issues or fine tuning?

FlatTire
06-15-2021, 10:44 PM
A spacer on the front end is a horrible thing to do in regards to how it effects front end geometry.

robbie35
06-16-2021, 10:25 AM
Wouldn't a spacer only effect roll center? the caster, camber, ackerman, bump steer is all controlled by the linkage and mounts. Just wondering.

manwplan
06-16-2021, 02:18 PM
A spacer on the front end is a horrible thing to do in regards to how it effects front end geometry.

When Huey was alive and the MBH cars were stomping in Maryland and PA they ran a 1" wheel spacer on the RF.

Owens had a one inch on his RF at Eldora.

Without knowing key details you can't honestly say its a horrible thing to do.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't a spacer only effect roll center? the caster, camber, ackerman, bump steer is all controlled by the linkage and mounts. Just wondering.

Scrub radius will be increased. Chassis will be lower to the ground for the same shock travel. Amount of weight transfer from caster will change as well. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other things.

MachineMasters
06-16-2021, 04:41 PM
I've liked a 1" on the RF when forced to run a hard tire rule, helps make a little RF heat. All good as long as you drive straight, seems like if you backsteer the RF spacer made the car worse.