PDA

View Full Version : Mag Roll Call...17-18-19...

d-glenn
06-14-2021, 01:54 PM
Three nights of racing, $5,000, $5,000 and $15,000, who will show up?

As a fan I will be there all 3 nights...

NorthAlabama
06-14-2021, 04:25 PM
In the past, I recall hearing something about the following: Must run Thursday and Friday to gain points to be eligible to lock in a position spot for the Main Feature on Saturday, according to the highest point runners on the two previous nights. Please refresh my memory if it is the Lo race or the Clash or State.

d-glenn
06-14-2021, 05:31 PM
It's the Lucas Oil, I don't know about the points deal. I would guess it is 3 complete races.

Who knows?????

NorthAlabama
06-14-2021, 06:47 PM
About 3 years ago, the Mag started these 3 night deals. There was the Governor's Cup, Cotton Pickin', and other names. In one of these 3 night deals, I remember a driver who did not make it in the first two features (Thur and Fri) races, only could enter the Saturday Night last chance race, which it was a bad deal and the chance of getting in was slim to none, and it was not 3 fully different races. It forced the big names to race all three nights, instead of sneaking in on Saturday Night, timing good, and get up front dodging the 2 low paying features the 2 nights before, which the big name hate to race for that small amount of winning. The top dogs are not showing up like they once did, and the Mag did this to spread out the payouts to lesser cars. No top dog will show with this type of platform if other one time large payout races are running also on Saturday Night.

One Man Gang
06-14-2021, 09:54 PM
North Alabama, this weekend is 3 complete shows sanctioned by both Lucas and CCSDS. I think you are referring to the Cotton Pickin’ but I could be wrong.

riddle28
06-15-2021, 08:12 AM
last year they locked in top 18 cars off thurs and fridays average feature finish to saturdays show. it could be diff this year idk

NorthAlabama
06-15-2021, 05:12 PM
I remember going last year. I wish they would go back to the standard way of doing the race, 100 laps.

Thedoctor
06-15-2021, 08:02 PM
3 support classes Friday and Saturday night and the A main is now only 60 laps. The more information I get the less looking forward to this I am .

mccreadiefan39
06-15-2021, 08:24 PM
I'm glad Saturday is only 60 laps. Remember last year the track rubbered up after 30 laps and they rode around single file on the bottom for the last 70 laps.

NorthAlabama
06-15-2021, 08:44 PM
20 lap features, don't blink.

dirt crow
06-16-2021, 12:22 PM
Tropical system coming. Saturday looks very wet.

NeedforLM$peed
06-16-2021, 01:01 PM
Doesn't it rubber up top to bottom every year.

NorthAlabama
06-16-2021, 02:48 PM
But when it does, I usually catch cat naps; sometimes it becomes the most boring follow the leader race if no cautions and interesting restarts. The big flat black ice track is different, but I would like to see them change it to like the Bullring, red clay and banked, more banked the better, they would be flying. During intermission, Stokes will scrape off the top and change up things, making Drivers re-guess, interesting for sure.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-16-2021, 03:36 PM

Usually slick top to bottom. I've never seen a track rubber more than 1 groove. If it did, it would still be a race.

4wide
06-17-2021, 01:21 AM
How many laps will lucas oil run thurs and Friday

NeedforLM$peed
06-17-2021, 01:49 AM
How many laps will lucas oil run thurs and Friday

25 laps. $5k to win. 60 laps $15k on Saturday

LM1
06-17-2021, 02:57 PM
With the tropical depression almost certain to roll in on Saturday morning and last through end of day Sunday will the Lucas series make any changes to get the $15k race in on Friday? Long way for most of their teams to go for two $5k to win shows.

champion24
06-17-2021, 05:11 PM
Any other updates ?

JimBo
06-17-2021, 05:21 PM
Copied from Lucas Oil Late Model site.

A complete program of Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, and a $5,000-to-win main event is on tap for Thursday and Friday nights. Each night, the pit gates will open at 2:00pm, followed by general admission at 4:00pm. A driver’s meeting will take place at 7:00 pm, followed by hot laps at 7:30pm.

Drivers will earn valuable points in each of the two preliminary nights that will determine the lineups for Saturday night’s finale. The top 18 in points will be locked into the A-Main, while the rest of the field will contend for one of the final transfer spots through one of the B-Mains.

TS FAN
06-17-2021, 05:22 PM
With the tropical depression almost certain to roll in on Saturday morning and last through end of day Sunday will the Lucas series make any changes to get the $15k race in on Friday? Long way for most of their teams to go for two $5k to win shows.

AGREED. Since rain is certain, cancel the show or run it on Friday. Way too far to tow for sure.

TerryM
06-17-2021, 08:59 PM
Bronson just took out the entire field in his heat lol.

dirtSLMracing
06-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Massive pileup in heat one.. 8 cars including Owens, Oneil, Thorton tore up pretty bad.

dirtSLMracing
06-17-2021, 09:05 PM
6 cars were done in the wreck.. Thorton did come back out and run the heat and finished 3rd out of 5.

B_K
06-18-2021, 05:44 AM
Down to 50% chance for Saturday now. Seems to be tracking more East. They’ve got a shot.

Dlmfan123
06-18-2021, 06:53 AM
I can't believe Lucas is still willing to run for 5,000 on prelims and only 15 on Saturday. That's there regular purse on a Saturday night

TerryM
06-18-2021, 10:29 AM
You’re confusing “rubber up” and “slick over”. Huge difference.

LM1
06-18-2021, 01:09 PM
Back to 70% chance of over an inch of rain tomorrow, I just don't get Magnolia and Lucas burying their head in the sand on this one. Its not like a pop-up thunderstorm here or there, its a tropical depression that spans over 2-3 states at one time.

castone
06-18-2021, 04:04 PM
JUST NOW ON Magnolia website they are paying $12,000 tonight !

NorthAlabama
06-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Darn! I was going to go tomorrow. Just read the website also that they changed it for tonight, to late for me to travel tonight, the late notice was to late. Darn again.

HoosierDirtFan
06-18-2021, 05:01 PM
FROM THE TRACKS FACEBOOK PAGE.

SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENT: OPTIMA Batteries Clash at The MAG Presented by Big River Steel
$12,000-To-Win LOLMDS Finale Tonight - Friday, June 18
Columbus, Mississippi (06/18/21) – With forecast models now calling for up to an inch of rain on Saturday, officials with Magnolia Motor Speedway and the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series have made the decision to alter the weekend schedule for the OPTIMA Batteries Clash at The Mag presented by Big River Steel.
The event finale will now be held TONIGHT – Friday, June 18 – and will be headlined by a $12,000-to-win / 50-lap feature for the Lucas Oil Late Model Series / COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Super Late Models.
“It’s a tough situation. The weather had actually started to improve some in the last 24 hours, but the latest reports from our local meteorologists are calling for up to an inch of rain tomorrow. We want to make sure the fans and racers get to see a big show and can be on the road home before the bad weather moves in,” track promoter Johnny Stokes said. “This was the best solution we could come up with in this tough situation and I want to thank Rick Schwallie for all of his help in making this happen.”
Accompanying Friday’s program will be complete shows for the MSSS Murphy Towing Street Stocks ($1,000-to-win / $75-to-start), Trak-Star Crate Late Models ($800-to-win / $50-to-start), and William Wells 3 Star Tire and Auto Factory Stocks ($500-to-win / $50-to-start).
Previously released times and prices will be honored for tonight’s revamped program.
On Friday the driver’s meeting is at 7 p.m. CST with hot laps at 7:30 p.m.
Friday Grandstand Admission is $25 for Adults with Kids 6-10 $5, and Kids 5 & under free.
Friday Pit Admission is $35 for Adults with Kids 6-10 years of age $25, and Kids 5 & under free.
FOUR WHEELER’s/ATV’s/Dirt Bikes, ect. Passes are $25 for the weekend. Each race team will get one free band at registration. Any additional bands will be $25 each.
There will be no racing on Saturday night at Magnolia Motor Speedway
For more information call Johnny Stokes at 662-574-2572 or the track at 662-240-3478 and visit the track's website at www.MagnoliaDirt.com.
About Big River Steel:
Big River Steel is a LEED-certified Flex Mill™ in northeast Arkansas that is believed to be the newest and most advanced flat rolled mill in North America. Big River Steel’s advanced manufacturing technology and skilled operators combined with U. S. Steel’s product development capabilities and intellectual property have allowed Big River Steel to produce advanced high-strength steel (AHSS). Big River Steel offers high-quality products and services to discerning customers in the automotive, energy, construction, and agricultural industries. Big River Steel’s Phase II-A expansion doubled the mill’s hot-rolled steel production capacity to 3.3 million tons annually, establishing it as one of the largest electric arc furnace-oriented flat-rolled mills in North America. The Phase II-A expansion was completed in November 2020, ahead of schedule and below budget. For more information, visit www.bigriversteel.com

champion24
06-18-2021, 07:55 PM
Anyone else having sign in issues with Mav+? It shows my yearly payment in my account, then says to subscribe to watch. Getting ill with it!

CrankedUp90
06-18-2021, 08:02 PM
Anyone else having sign in issues with Mav+? It shows my yearly payment in my account, then says to subscribe to watch. Getting ill with it!

I've had trouble with the Mavtv site since we had to start using it. Changed my password like it said people from Lucastv had to do, and it usually takes me 2 times to login for some reason. And it takes me to that yearly payment page at times as well. Not to mention taking forever to load and buffering. Bunch of $hit..

TowerView
06-18-2021, 08:04 PM
Go to forgot password and sign back in again..

knot
06-18-2021, 08:05 PM
Same thing happens to me on the app. If I go to the website and sign in I can view it.

84wedge
06-18-2021, 11:22 PM
The track was locked down on the bottom from the drop of the green.

drich24
06-18-2021, 11:29 PM
Ugh. Brutal. How can someone spend that much time messing around and it did absolutely nothing.

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Good points night for jd

TerryM
06-19-2021, 10:39 AM
Ugh. Brutal. How can someone spend that much time messing around and it did absolutely nothing.
Amen. I said I was giving up and going to bed 6 or 7 times, but it’s dirt late model racing and it’s Lucas, so I hung in there and watched it all. They finally started the feature after midnight our time and all that time spent on the track produced very little racing. I know “Dr Dirt” puts in a ton of effort to get the track right, but it was better before all the work. It would’ve been nice to see what Davenport could’ve done if he’d started in the second or third row. Some guys were passing up top, but that was just for a brief period midway through the race. It felt like, if you start on the pole, it’s your race to lose. And JD is pretty unbeatable in those conditions.