PDA

View Full Version : Strickler off tour

noitall93w
06-18-2021, 10:47 AM
Didn’t see him at new stateline

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-18-2021, 10:51 AM
After all that has collapsed around him, I'm not surprised.

NeedforLM$peed
06-18-2021, 10:59 AM
I figured he dropped off when he wasn't in Indiana 2 weeks ago

Rajflyboy
06-18-2021, 11:29 AM
I thought this was going to be his big break out season?

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-18-2021, 11:30 AM
I thought this was going to be his big break out season?

You thought wrong

Rajflyboy
06-18-2021, 01:06 PM
He should stay closer to the Carolinas and see if he can get some wins here. Carolina clash, ultimate and some of the other big late model races.

153J
06-18-2021, 01:58 PM
or , you know ... maybe try modifieds

bleedblue55
06-18-2021, 02:35 PM
Victim of his own demise. Humble or appreciative do not appear to be his strong suit.

Highside Hustler25
06-18-2021, 03:15 PM
I don't noitall, but I seen that one coming way back when. Like when he was all in on the Lucas tour.
The Tickler had a hot streak last year. It's over. Back to being a extremely good regional racer. He would probably have success and make more money on the He11 tour than he would chasing a National tour.

dirtcrazy4u
06-19-2021, 05:13 AM
Yep, his head got way to big, he has probably gone thru more cars/motors than anyone out there. After eldora they had to be looking at what they had left. Did they junk that bloomer chassis ? Personally, I never thought it was going to fit his driving style anyhow.

Rajflyboy
06-19-2021, 06:22 AM
Pick one chassis and engine and stick with it for a while. Wouldn’t that be more prudent? Get a good baseline setup and expand from there.

BTExpress
06-19-2021, 06:48 AM
"Pick one chassis and engine and stick with it for a while. Wouldn’t that be more prudent? Get a good baseline setup and expand from there."

WELL SAID

kazual
06-19-2021, 07:16 AM
Another guy that thinks it’s chassis, engine, shocks, etc. instead of looking in the mirror. Had high hopes for him and early on looked like he could transition successfully but man the shine is off now.

Rajflyboy
06-19-2021, 07:45 AM
So true. His performance hasn’t changed even with all the different equipment. You never hear Kyle Larson complain about the equipment. He shows up with the helmet bag and he is ready to go once he is strapped into the car. 👍

BTExpress
06-19-2021, 09:34 AM
The crack in the armor came as soon as things went south with a few bad outings in the rocket chassis. Rather than try and figure things out, he psyched himself out in thinking he HAD to had to have a Longhorn to go along with the Bilstein shocks. after that went south, it has been downhill. I still like and root for him, but he definitely needs to figure things out going forward otherwise he will be back running the modifieds for $1000 to win purses.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2021, 10:13 AM
He could hit the SN train and race every night. What better way to figure it out with minimal travel and decent money.

chopter33
06-19-2021, 10:38 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing him run the usmts tour.

JabberJaws83
06-19-2021, 10:39 AM
Need cars, motors and money to be able to do that. Not sure what he has left of all three

johnE
06-19-2021, 10:56 AM
Can he pull it together to follow Ray Cook’s Southern Nationals?

Action10
06-19-2021, 11:05 AM
He could hit the SN train and race every night. What better way to figure it out with minimal travel and decent money.Minimal travel is kind of misleading. It's minimal in number of miles (criss-crossing Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan) compared to towing to New York or Alabama for one weekend, but prep and maintenance are horrible. By the end of the tour, your primary car is usually junk and possibly the backup car too. I don't see Strickler being able to handle that with the way he goes through equipment. Look at Ashton Wenger right now. Most of his has been bad luck, but he has gone through a ton in only the first 4 races.

Highside Hustler25
06-19-2021, 01:09 PM
Need cars, motors and money to be able to do that. Not sure what he has left of all three

Minimal travel is kind of misleading. It's minimal in number of miles (criss-crossing Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan) compared to towing to New York or Alabama for one weekend, but prep and maintenance are horrible. By the end of the tour, your primary car is usually junk and possibly the backup car too. I don't see Strickler being able to handle that with the way he goes through equipment. Look at Ashton Wenger right now. Most of his has been bad luck, but he has gone through a ton in only the first 4 races.

He doesn't have to hit every race. Pic and chose. We're talkin bout seat time. Not to run for points. Plus he's familiar with most of the tracks on the schedule.

Josh Bayko
06-19-2021, 01:30 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing him run the usmts tour.

He tried that for a while a couple years back. It didn’t go so well.

84wedge
06-19-2021, 01:41 PM
To be fair, there have been a few instances where someone succesful was in other gear and did nothing. Bobby Pierce, Hudson O'Neal even Davenport a few years ago. I hope Strickler goes back to whatever he was in last year and does a pick and choose, it seems to be working for other guys.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-20-2021, 11:34 AM
To be fair, there have been a few instances where someone succesful was in other gear and did nothing. Bobby Pierce, Hudson O'Neal even Davenport a few years ago. I hope Strickler goes back to whatever he was in last year and does a pick and choose, it seems to be working for other guys.

When Bobby did "nothing" he still won races.

grt74
06-20-2021, 12:24 PM
i think the biggest deal was he is really rough on equipment, people with money don't want to just through it out the window, he destroyed some cars because of lack of patience, but he does put on a show

dirtcrazy4u
06-20-2021, 12:26 PM
Everyone saw him pound that cushion last year and a lot of time he had a top 3 finish. His head got to the point that he thought going into this season he was going to knock down doors. First he didn't like the xr-1, the slide started, he gets longhorns. Then he either wrecked, some of his doing, some wrong place wrong time. Blaming his crew was in my opinion one of the dumbest things you can do as a driver. Then he gets a Bloomquist chassis, why ? Go ahead I'll wait. That chassis and his driving style are total opposites. Motor issues get tossed in and in the end he has a lot of equipment that is far from what it takes today to win races. He, to me anyhow, seems like he has taken on this attitude of I don't give a total who you are. He has derailed, and he believes it's somebody else causing his spiral downward

Pennsboro32
06-20-2021, 01:26 PM
The sad part is the dude actually has a ton of potential IMO. I think he’s one heck of a driver.

Paradox28
06-20-2021, 01:27 PM
It takes more than just the ability to drive a race car to make it on a touring level. Not everyone is cut out for that kind of racing schedule.

84wedge
06-20-2021, 01:39 PM
When Bobby did "nothing" he still won races.When he was on the Lucas Oil Tour in that Rocket? I don't recall him wining anything in that car.

Pennsboro32
06-20-2021, 01:41 PM
When he was on the Lucas Oil Tour in that Rocket? I don't recall him wining anything in that car.

I recall him winning the Jackson 100.

84wedge
06-20-2021, 01:45 PM
When Bobby did "nothing" he still won races.I had to look it up. I found three wins from his 2018 season in the Dunn Benson car. Strickler has two wins already and already dropped off the tour. That new kid in the Mastersbilt House car looks better than Hudson ever did driving it as well.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-20-2021, 01:48 PM
I had to look it up. I found three wins from his 2018 season in the Dunn Benson car. Strickler has two wins already and already dropped off the tour. That new kid in the Mastersbilt House car looks better than Hudson ever did driving it as well.

Level of competition matters.

84wedge
06-20-2021, 01:48 PM
Brownstown, Pittsburgher, Tri City and Macon. It's hard finding these stats.