PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer selling out

noitall93w
06-23-2021, 09:24 AM
Per Ben Shelton on FB

NeedforLM$peed
06-23-2021, 09:54 AM
It says race operation, the shop and his house.

Pennsboro32
06-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Someone in the comments said that he bought a business in Arizona. Take that for whatever it's worth. I thought it was odd at the time that he didn't run the final night of the DLM Dream.

NeedforLM$peed
06-23-2021, 10:00 AM
Someone said here a few weeks ago he was out there for business. The way I interpreted it they didn't feel like repairing the car.

ride height
06-23-2021, 10:45 AM
It’s not like he has a lot left to prove to anybody at a racetrack

golddirt
06-23-2021, 11:36 AM
I do hope it makes one more attempt at the world 100

obamaracing#1
06-23-2021, 12:29 PM
This is huge news. I think its weird and unfortunate that Moyer being completely out of the sport. I mean its his life, but why not give back to the sport that has given you do much! Been a complaint of mine with some of these drivers for sometime. Wonder what this means for Jr.? What type of business is wanting to get into?

BloomerWon
06-23-2021, 12:35 PM
This is huge news. I think its weird and unfortunate that Moyer being completely out of the sport. I mean its his life, but why not give back to the sport that has given you do much! Been a complaint of mine with some of these drivers for sometime. Wonder what this means for Jr.? What type of business is wanting to get into?

Easy there young lady... You don't know yet what he has in store. It may have plenty to do with giving back, but he owes no one anything... lol!

84wedge
06-23-2021, 12:36 PM
I thought he was going to release an album with Drake or something. THAT'S selling out.

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-23-2021, 12:39 PM
Easy there young lady... You don't know yet what he has in store. It may have plenty to do with giving back, but he owes no one anything... lol!

Your exactly right mr. Blackie!😁

Highside Hustler25
06-23-2021, 01:45 PM
Your exactly right mr. Blackie!

That's Sir Blackie to you !🤴

Highside Hustler25
06-23-2021, 01:54 PM
Well, I was going to retire now that I'm gonna be 65 but some dik on 4m thinks I owe him something so...

NeedforLM$peed
06-23-2021, 02:21 PM
I don't think it affects Jr. anyway he has his own house and race shop.

Pennsboro32
06-23-2021, 02:29 PM

He may get a good crew man?

B_K
06-23-2021, 02:38 PM
Well, I was going to retire now that I'm gonna be 65 but some dik on 4m thinks I owe him something so...

Lol.... solid and accurate post.

TS FAN
06-23-2021, 03:44 PM
All I can say is I wish him the best!!!!

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-23-2021, 04:39 PM
That's Sir Blackie to you !老

Oops my bad. 😉

TerryM
06-23-2021, 04:54 PM
Haha, that’s awesome. Well played.

PROPOWER
06-23-2021, 05:17 PM
does this mean? Moyer is dunn with racing.

Jed
06-23-2021, 06:22 PM
Billy’s presence at your local track elevated the significance of the event. Thank you Billy for what you’ve done for racing. I’m one of the rare breed that admires both the 21 and the 0. It’ll be a sad day when both have retired.

hausman
06-23-2021, 06:35 PM
He owes nothing to anyone.

Anyways - saw him 1st at Cedar Lake in 1988; swept the weekend and the next few years through 1993 - with the exception of 1991 when Rick Aukland won. One of the best years ever in 2010 - and yes he got screwed at Cedar Lake during the natty's (no offense to Bloomquist - track f'd up).

One of the cleanest drivers ever; and one of the most classy.

I do hope he starts helping Jr..

Late_Model_Mark
06-23-2021, 07:07 PM
Out in Arizona he will be closer to Dumont Dunes and Glamis. Those were a couple of locations as well as Pismo where he can take his sand toys and play. I did that from 72 until I moved out of Cali, playin in the dunes is ultra addictive and so much fun, the "Zona" is a pretty cool place to retire if you can handle the heat. Thanks for the memories Mr. Moyer!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

Phatdaddy
06-23-2021, 08:40 PM

Maybe off topic, but if/when Jr. ever wins a crown jewel, the fans will tear the place down. (especially if it happens at Eldora)

dirtcrazy4u
06-24-2021, 06:08 AM
DOD. Coverage never stops. Exclusive stories. Moyer's had a career, you would think a reputable source for info like this would have the scoop on what's next in his career.

Jking24
06-24-2021, 01:41 PM
DOD. Coverage never stops. Exclusive stories. Moyer's had a career, you would think a reputable source for info like this would have the scoop on what's next in his career.They've already done story's and interviews the last three times he retired lol. They may be a little gunshy at this point

CIRF
06-24-2021, 02:54 PM
Billy has been a standout talent and an asset and credit to dirt late model racing, and by all accounts a solid human being and a class act.

Whatever he decides to do it is sure to be something that he can be proud of.

50Dixon50
06-24-2021, 03:16 PM
Billy has been a standout talent and an asset and credit to dirt late model, and by all accounts a solid human being and a class act.

Whatever he decides to do it is sure to be something that he can be proud of.
Great post spot on

ImCryn2
06-25-2021, 02:29 PM
They've already done story's and interviews the last three times he retired lol. They may be a little gunshy at this point

I don't believe I ever heard him say the word "retire" when discussing his future plans. That is on the media folks and the rumor mill for twisting his words. I think he pointed this out in an interview awhile back.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-25-2021, 02:41 PM
I don't believe I ever heard him say the word "retire" when discussing his future plans. That is on the media folks and the rumor mill for twisting his words. I think he pointed this out in an interview awhile back.

https://racingnews.co/2019/09/06/billy-moyer-confirms-pending-retirement-while-standing-in-victory-lane-at-eldora-speedway/amp/

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-25-2021, 02:44 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/billy-moyer-reflects-on-legendary-career/

klemmabyna
06-25-2021, 05:06 PM
I don't think the guy is going away. He can't stay still. Doubt he's going to Arizona to play golf!

Maybe kept an eye on him more than most. He was a youngster out of Des Moines following Don Hoffman, Bill Rice, Rocky Hodges and a few others to my home town track whenever Iowa State Fair Speedway rained out. Nothing better as a kid to be at the top of the county fairgrounds bleachers to see who was showing up when rain hit Des Moines, Omaha, and Eastern Iowa on a Saturday night.

Guess that feeling of Moyer showing up during my travels never changed. Felt like it lent credibility to the event and facility. And if he finished second, you know the guy that won went home feeling good that he "beat moyer".

a lot of other thoughts. like i have probably seen him win more travelling shows than any other racer when i've been in attendance.

last call: a special night. took five dirt track newbies to a summer nationals race at hales corners. they had a ball. we were last to leave the parking lot trying to sober up before hitting the road home. Billy is leaving the track driving the toter after another win. he stops in the parking lot to check something. my drunken friends swarm him. After cautious introductions and praise heaped on for his efforts that night Mr. Moyer shook all hands with that grin of his and headed on down the road for another day at work.

Wishing him the best in whatever his future brings. Feel privileged to have witnessed his career.

chathamracefan
06-25-2021, 05:34 PM
At worst he is the 2nd best ever. Purely depends on opinion between Bloomer and Moyer. I remember going to the North South in mid 90’s and being stunned that Moyer ran 16th. Up to then I think every race I saw him at in Illinois he was top 3.

lurker
06-25-2021, 07:03 PM
And if he finished second, you know the guy that won went home feeling good that he "beat moyer".

Back in the day for me, that would have been epic “Moyer” battles with Ken Essary and Larry Phillips at Bolivar, Lebanon, and Monett.

Highside Hustler25
06-25-2021, 07:50 PM
Glad I snagged that Billy Moyer door panel 2 years ago. I new this time was getting close.

JimBo
06-25-2021, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I have a Billy Moyer door hanging on the wall of my man cave. I didn't start following Late Models until the mid 90's but when he showed up around here he was the man taking home the $$ and the trophy. I hope the business he joined/bought in Arizona is racing related.

EvelB7
06-26-2021, 06:50 AM
Would go to Wednesday night shows at Osky in the late 70's (I was probably 8,9 years old) and sit in the infield baseball bleachers to watch the races. Remember Billy spinning and about hitting the light pole a couple of weeks in a row. I told my buddy 'if I can't drive any better than him I will quit'...I am fairly sure I should have just never strapped in a car from that point...Congrats to Moyer on the stellar career, and thanks to their family for the help they always gave when needed (Bill Moyer helped my dad with parts several times when he needed something at the track).

ImCryn2
06-26-2021, 11:03 AM
https://insidedirtracing.com/billy-moyer-reflects-on-legendary-career/

The one article points out he will retire from full time racing, which I think he has since then.
I will say that now I have saw it in his own words, I previously had not. I know in an interview I listened to at some point Moyer called out whoever was interviewing him and said that he had not used that statement and I believed it because I hadn't heard/seen it myself at that point. Your links prove that statement (and myself) wrong.

BirkyTime15B
06-27-2021, 01:16 AM
Sadly, no good tracks in AZ anymore either. Glad I was able to see his last win at Davenport Speedway earlier this year.