PDA

View Full Version : Tanner English Captures 2nd Career Summer Nat'ls Win at Granite City; 2nd in Points!

DelphComm
06-23-2021, 04:40 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 23, 2021

Tanner English Captures Second Career Summer Nationals Win at Granite City; Second in Points!

(NORRIS CITY, ILLINOIS) Tanner English and Riggs Motorsports kicked off their 36 scheduled race journey with the DIRTcar Summer Nationals tour from June 15-20 with events in the states of Indiana and Illinois. Tanner was ultra-consistent all week, as he placed inside of the top five in all five completed races last week including picking up his second career “Hell Tour” triumph on Friday at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, Illinois. The Benton, Kentucky ace earned Fast Time honors in qualifying at the St. Louis-area oval before winning his heat race and leading each of the forty circuits in the headliner. At the checkers, Tanner held off a hard charging Bobby Pierce to bag the $10,000 payday ahead of Pierce, Brian Shirley, Jason Feger, and Shannon Babb!

He then competed for the win the following night on Saturday at Fairbury Speedway in downtown Fairbury, Illinois as well. Following another heat race victory, Tanner led laps 29-35 of the 50-lap feature before finishing an impressive runner-up behind only victor Shannon Babb. In the other three series races that took place last week in the first leg of the Summer Nationals grind, Tanner earned fourth place performances at Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana, Peoria Speedway in Peoria, Illinois, and Kankakee County Speedway in Kankakee, Illinois.

By virtue of his consistent start to the tour, Tanner currently finds himself second in the latest version of the DIRTcar Summer Nationals point standings – only 15 markers behind leader Bobby Pierce. You can read a race-by-race recap for the #81e team by logging onto www.RiggsMotorsports81.com.

“We’re off to a great start, but the Summer Nationals is a long, long grind,” commented English this week via telephone. “It felt awesome to get back into victory lane on Friday night at Granite City – not only for myself but for the entire Riggs Motorsports team. I have to thank Brock (Pettit), my dad, my brother Justin, and just everyone that helps us out or is associated with Riggs Motorsports. Everything is clicking pretty good right now, we’ve just got to keep qualifying up front and winning heat races. It makes the night go a lot smoother if you start in those first couple of rows of the feature as opposed to starting mid-pack or deeper.”

Following a rain-out on Sunday at Plymouth (IN) Speedway and a couple of scheduled days off, Riggs Motorsports will return to racing competition later tonight at LaSalle Speedway in LaSalle, Illinois. The Summer Nationals will snake through the Land of Lincoln and the Show-Me State this week with five more scheduled events from June 23-27. If you can’t make it to the following venues, be sure to watch Tanner in action each night LIVE on DirtVision.

Wednesday, June 23 | LaSalle Speedway – LaSalle, Illinois | $5,000 to win
Thursday, June 24 | Spoon River Speedway – Banner, Illinois | $5,000 to win
Friday, June 25 | Sycamore Speedway – Maple Park, Illinois | $10,000 to win
Saturday, June 26 | Federated Raceway at I-55 – Pevely, Missouri | $10,000 to win
Sunday, June 27 | Jacksonville Speedway – Jacksonville, Illinois | $5,000 to win

Riggs Motorsports would like to thank the following group of sponsors and partners for their continued support: Riggs Drilling Solutions, Best One Tire & Auto Care, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Allstar Performance, XR1 Rocket Chassis, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Slicker Graphics, Swift Springs, AFCO Racing Products, Base Racing Fuel, Hoosier Racing Tires, Pro Power Racing Engines, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Budda Bert Transmissions, Frankland Racing Supply, Peterson Fluid Systems, Awesome Racewear, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Micro Armor, Multi-Fire Spark Plug Wires, and Waterman Racing Components.

Keep up with Riggs Motorsports all year long by logging onto www.RiggsMotorsports81.com or follow the team on social media – Facebook @RiggsMotorsports, Twitter @rmsports81, and Instagram @jasonriggs81.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com