Jeremiah Hurst
Garrett Alberson
Dennis Erb Jr.
Spencer Diercks
Cade Dillard
Brian Shirley
Jason Feger
Ryan Unzicker

Who else will be there??? What MLRA guys will be there as they’re in Farley and Burlington the next 2 nights. Also any other WoO guys be coming to get a look at the track before mega 3 day event in August?!? Excited for this one. Hopefully Mother Nature is nicer this week.

Action10
06-27-2021, 10:49 AM
Tanner English and Ashton Winger will be there. BMJ hasn't updated his schedule, he may drop off the tour... Does anybody know if Sheppard will be able to get away from the Rocket shop to race this week in the B5?

CIRF
06-27-2021, 11:05 AM
Is the Davenport event to be run on the 1/2 mile or the bull ring?

BirkyTime15B
06-27-2021, 11:31 AM
1/4 mile. Brandon Sheppard will be there. Just got a message from the man himself. They will also be at Beaver Dam on 7/30.

Rich Riedesel
06-28-2021, 09:36 AM
I doubt there will be any future racing on the 1/2 mile- making it acceptable to insurance standards would be way too expensive. Meanwhile, Ricky Kay and his gang have made the 1/4 mile very racy for evnts they promote.

CIRF
06-28-2021, 10:00 AM
I doubt there will be any future racing on the 1/2 mile- making it acceptable to insurance standards would be way too expensive. Meanwhile, Ricky Kay and his gang have made the 1/4 mile very racy for evnts they promote.

The slow and inevitable death of yet another 1/2 mile.

BirkyTime15B
06-28-2021, 11:47 AM
Love the 1/2, but it needs soooo much work. When I win powerball I’ll get with Shawn Loter and get that big track back to its glory days.

Pennsboro32
06-28-2021, 01:20 PM
I think Moyer jr said on Twitter he planned on running the entire week coming up.

BirkyTime15B
06-28-2021, 02:16 PM
Add Jason Papich

LM1
06-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Keep it the 1/4 mile track only, great racing there!

CIRF
06-28-2021, 03:57 PM
Keep it the 1/4 mile track only, great racing there!

You're going to get your wish.

It won't be long 'till 1/4 and 1/5 miles are all there will be left. Lot more of what everybody wants to see. Beatin', bangin' and fightin'. That's what sells tickets!

Highside Hustler25
06-28-2021, 05:28 PM

Did something happen pertaining to the 1/2 miler since they last raced there? Didn't know their were issues.

Rich Riedesel
06-28-2021, 06:08 PM
Nothing has changed on the 1/2 mile and that's the problem- insurance standards have changed, and making the 1/2 mile insurable would cost a huge amount according to the promoter. I have been impressed with the shows on the 1/4; reminds me of why weekly shows played to packed houses in the 60s.

WisWildManFan
06-28-2021, 06:17 PM
You're going to get your wish.It won't be long 'till 1/4 and 1/5 miles are all there will be left. Lot more of what everybody wants to see. Beatin', bangin' and fightin'. That's what sells tickets!Eldora and Knoxville are doomed

Highside Hustler25
06-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Rich, are you saying we.ve seen the last race on the 1/2 mile configuration?

BirkyTime15B
06-28-2021, 08:22 PM
Kay’s will only promote 1/4 mile. 1/2 mile needs tons of work done to it.

fryefan
06-28-2021, 09:48 PM
The "racing" on the 1/2 mile is boring. I guess if you like watching train racing, you might like it.

The racing on the 1/4 mile track is superb.

CIRF
06-28-2021, 10:32 PM
Eldora and Knoxville are doomed

Eldora isn't a true half mile. Knoxville is legendary and prestigious, as is Eldora, that they will not fade away anytime soon. Davenport doesn't have the mystique', history and yearly events steeped in notoriety as Knoxville and Eldora. Strip away the lore and hype of either of those tracks and try to make a go of it running a weekly program and see how long it lasts.

You, on the other hand, are doomed to spend a lifetime being an intellectual deficient who is triggered by almost everything I post. I'd be flattered if anything you post required any more wit than that of a grapefruit but it doesn't and I'm not. I'm merely mildly amused.

CIRF
06-28-2021, 10:49 PM
The "racing" on the 1/2 mile is boring. I guess if you like watching train racing, you might like it.

The racing on the 1/4 mile track is superb.

Nope, them there boring 1/2 miles are for sissies! I'm part of the crowd that enjoys superb beatin' and bangin' and the occasional displays of amateur pugilism/rasslin' that precipitates from the beatin' and bangin'. Don't get no better 'n that!!

BirkyTime15B
06-29-2021, 10:25 AM
Add Billy Moyer Jr.

BirkyTime15B
06-29-2021, 11:24 AM
Add Bob Gardner

WisWildManFan
06-29-2021, 12:23 PM
Eldora isn't a true half mile. Knoxville is legendary and prestigious, as is Eldora, that they will not fade away anytime soon. Davenport doesn't have the mystique', history and yearly events steeped in notoriety as Knoxville and Eldora. Strip away the lore and hype of either of those tracks and try to make a go of it running a weekly program and see how long it lasts.You, on the other hand, are doomed to spend a lifetime being an intellectual deficient who is triggered by almost everything I post. I'd be flattered if anything you post required any more wit than that of a grapefruit but it doesn't and I'm not. I'm merely mildly amused.Your whole first paragraph makes zero sense. You ramble on trying to impress yourself with every big word you can come up. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to be in your presence in real life. You're a walking example of someone that is a legend in their own mind. Hoping father time will strike you down so I don't have to. Suck deez grapefuits gramps.

BirkyTime15B
06-30-2021, 01:33 PM
Add Mitch McGrath

BirkyTime15B
06-30-2021, 05:14 PM
Add Frank Heackanest Jr
Add Tim Lance

BirkyTime15B
06-30-2021, 06:00 PM
Also, for those that don’t know, this is a double late mode show with IMCA Late Models also running. Was just at track, we’ve had minimal rain here in Davenport proper, track looks great and weather looks perfect.

slmcrewchief99
06-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Hope yall don't mind if I vent about the tire situation. 1st of all I can't stand having both the 20/30/40 rule and 1350/1600 rule. Have 1 or the other. Sure make traveling easier because guys down south have to buy tires to go north and the same for the guys up north to come south. We literally have over 30 tires in the shop and none are legal to run with UMP.

To make the situation worse, because of a shortage, you can't get any UMP tires shipped. All you could do is buy them at the track. They still have a limit to how many you could get at the track. Kinda hard to travel 8hrs from home not knowing if you can buy enough tires at the track to race on.

Rant over.... Time to cook dinner.

Krooser
07-01-2021, 12:08 AM
The "insurance" companies do not specify what safety standards a track must abide by. That would lead them to have more liability than the track operators since they have more $$$. They base their insurance premiums on the type opf cars that race and their "suggested" improvements. Less safe= higher rates.

The last track I ran had a 8' high front stretch fence when I got there. I ran a street stock and four banger program so no modifications were needed. But if I ran modifieds or late models they "suggested" a 12' fence.

hawks51j
07-01-2021, 05:58 AM
Add Dennis Erb, Jesse Stovall

cjsracing
07-01-2021, 09:41 AM
The "insurance" companies do not specify what safety standards a track must abide by. That would lead them to have more liability than the track operators since they have more $$$. They base their insurance premiums on the type opf cars that race and their "suggested" improvements. Less safe= higher rates.

The last track I ran had a 8' high front stretch fence when I got there. I ran a street stock and four banger program so no modifications were needed. But if I ran modifieds or late models they "suggested" a 12' fence.

I mean in essence they are dictating the safety standards with their rates.

Have all the safety features = paying a lower rate
Don't have all the safety features = paying a higher rate

LM1
07-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Remove Unzicker, taking weekend off

NeedforLM$peed
07-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Spencer Hughes is there in the PCC car.

ImCryn2
07-01-2021, 05:06 PM

I'm not doubting your experience at all, but K&K insurance made my home track put up a catch fence where there had not been one the previous 20+ years, that and they made them always keep the banking cut down to have 4' of the concrete wall showing. They would not continue coverage at all if those 2 things were not done. Maybe it was because they ran mods and late models weekly.

Raceready
07-27-2021, 10:04 PM
Your whole first paragraph makes zero sense. You ramble on trying to impress yourself with every big word you can come up. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to be in your presence in real life. You're a walking example of someone that is a legend in their own mind. Hoping father time will strike you down so I don't have to. Suck deez grapefuits gramps.OMG ! Did you maybe offend poor old CIRF with this reply ? ? Haven't seen him here, Sprints, or Tailgate since the 15th. There seems to be a void on here without his input.