PDA

View Full Version : Rigsby report with Mark Richards

noitall93w
06-29-2021, 09:18 AM
Excellent stuff. It’s a long interview but well worth the listen. Mark is a great story teller

Pennsboro32
06-29-2021, 09:20 AM
Those Rigsby reports are top notch stuff.

Tireguy17
06-29-2021, 10:56 AM
It was a great listen and worth the time, lots of topics discussed.

dirty-white-boy
06-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Mark has some stories and he should after 5 decades in the business but what a love fest!!!

Does he think we are all that dumb to think he thinks wants what is best for EVERYONE when he is working towards car #6000 while sitting on 2mil in inventory?

That's like saying Elon Musk wants what is best for the Big 3!!!

Kromulous
06-29-2021, 03:04 PM
There is only so many rich guys to buy them, so he better be worried about the overall health of the sport. Most seriously rich people i know want nothing to do with a dirt track, so market is small. Bigger the market, the more $ to be made for a Chassis MFR.

Burke1118
06-29-2021, 03:18 PM
Remember kids............... If its good for Mark Richards, its good for the sport.

dirtcrazy4u
06-29-2021, 04:08 PM
No link to the interview ?

BloomerWon
06-29-2021, 05:20 PM

No weak links... 😆

Josh Bayko
06-29-2021, 07:00 PM
Remember kids............... If its good for Mark Richards, its good for the sport.

The reality is that is kind of true. He sells like 3 times more cars than anybody else. If his sales start faltering, than everybody else is suffering even worse. That’s why he has as much stroke as he does.

fryefan
06-29-2021, 07:58 PM

You need to be a Dirt-on-Dirt and/or FloRacing subscriber to access it.

chathamracefan
06-29-2021, 08:25 PM
The pods are available for free on the Apple podcast app. Just search Rigsby Report

Burke1118
06-29-2021, 08:57 PM
@Bayko,Is parity among chassis good for Mark Richards?........ Is longhorn scraping rocket at every big race good for Mark Richards?........ Are new chassis builders entering the sport good for Mark Richards?.......No? Well arent all those things good for the sport? Mark acts like hes the loving father of DLM racing, which is bull%#& He’s selfish, wants to win and wants to make money. Just like the rest of us. But he has wayyyy more power and influence over the rules than the rest. he definitely pushes his weight around. Pretty much every new rule in the last 5 years has been pushed by mark. Hopefully longhorn takes their place at the top. They seem to not try to fix the game in their favor. Just work hard.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-29-2021, 10:56 PM
Burke1118 gets it.

buster83
06-29-2021, 11:20 PM
u have to go where big money is cause big money will sleep on it.

dirtcrazy4u
06-30-2021, 05:18 AM
C.J. carried a lot of weight in his glory days also. People get pissed because the team in WV do it better than anybody out there. The door is open for someone to knock them off on the woo tour yet year in and year out chances are it doesn't happen. That team is and has been the most well funded out there. Let's talk longhorn, the 6 car is a threat when it comes through the pit gate. Yet the Labonte's choose not to fund or get there hands dirty in regards to a house car. The 39 car has a big longhorn sticker, woop dedo, it's still a team owner paying the bills. Bloomquist could be a major player but in his business plan philosophy he wants no part of it. Barry wants back in, with someone else's money. Mastersbuilt wants to be great again and they probably could be, but it's never going to happen. The list goes on and on. Steve Baker has a hand in the business and he's loved by everyone. Mark was a pit grunt for Rodney Combs back in the WRC days. Is Mark a people guy, No, he doesn't have to be anymore. He has people in place for that. God forbid the day Josh steps back into the business. Myself I don't think that will ever happen. He doesn't have the drive or work ethics of his old man.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2021, 06:29 AM
In CJs glory days, there was no central power in dirt late model and we didn't invent new, stupid rules every 6 months.

riddle28
06-30-2021, 06:35 AM
Let's talk longhorn, the 6 car is a threat when it comes through the pit gate. Yet the Labonte's choose not to fund or get there hands dirty in regards to a house car.

why would longhorn fund a house car program when theyve been 1 of the 2 fastest cars out there for the last 7 years without one? other than it being a tax write off MRE is using blue1 for its not a necessity

NeedforLM$peed
06-30-2021, 06:38 AM
Whenever I read race write-ups no matter the publication they refer to #39 as the Paylor Motorsports Longhorn house car.

Pennsboro32
06-30-2021, 07:00 AM
Longhorn and other chassis manufactures still have a long way to go before they knock rocket off their pedestal.

84wedge
06-30-2021, 11:06 AM
Rocket comprises something like 66% of the WoO touring roster and 45% of the LOLMDS. Capitals are looking faster and faster and Longhorns are the dominant cars this year with Overton, Davenport, Moran and McCreadie in the points lead. Who knows what the next ten years will hold?

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-30-2021, 01:05 PM
Whenever I read race write-ups no matter the publication they refer to #39 as the Paylor Motorsports Longhorn house car.

Your exactly right.

TRocket8
06-30-2021, 03:02 PM
DoD podcast station (apple)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dirtondirt-com/id1370990824

Mark Richards interview

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rigsby-report-episode-19-mark-richards/id1370990824?i=1000527119179

DoD podcast station (soundcloud)

https://soundcloud.com/latemodellive

Barbecueboy
06-30-2021, 04:03 PM
Longhorn and other chassis manufactures still have a long way to go before they knock rocket off their pedestal.

Wonder what the two look like in the same time frame of operations…..

Longhorn started around 11 years ago ish…..was rocket as established and solid after their first 11 ish in operation?

Anyone that was around and can speak to that would be cool to hear?

They both make a great car, no doubt about it.

ZERO25
06-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!

Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-30-2021, 06:27 PM
Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!

Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!
And he'd sell 45 cars a year without that race team.

bleedblue55
06-30-2021, 09:26 PM
Hard to compare different eras of Rocket and Longhorn 30 years apart. Back when Rocket started there were more racers but most of them ran on shoestring budgets with one car. Nowadays there is more corporate and Nascar money in the sport and many of the well funded teams might go thru multiple chassis' during the year. As far as who had the biggest bankroll and funding to start their endeavor I'd say Longhorn by a mile.

NeedforLM$peed
06-30-2021, 09:31 PM
What teams have Nascar money funding them?

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-30-2021, 09:56 PM
What teams have Nascar money funding them?

I think hes refering to clint boyer racing

NeedforLM$peed
06-30-2021, 10:11 PM
I think hes refering to clint boyer racing

Well he says more corporate and Nascar funding. Meaning there's multiple teams with such funding. Bowyer has multiple business ventures so I would think it's hard to say how much Nascar money is involved plus the fact he's not even a active Nascar driver anymore. Even if there was any Nascar funding it sure doesn't show on a consistent basis. With two teams or even one. Even with one team it seems like a step down from other rides out there currently such as Rocket1, Double L, Paylor/Longhorn. Maybe even Best or the Wells ride. I would say there is way more Nascar/Corporate funding in sprint cars than anything.

T-MAC 39 FAN
06-30-2021, 10:37 PM
Well he says more corporate and Nascar funding. Meaning there's multiple teams with such funding. Bowyer has multiple business ventures so I would think it's hard to say how much Nascar money is involved plus the fact he's not even a active Nascar driver anymore. Even if there was any Nascar funding it sure doesn't show on a consistent basis. With two teams or even one. Even with one team it seems like a step down from other rides out there currently such as Rocket1, Double L, Paylor/Longhorn. Maybe even Best or the Wells ride. I would say there is way more Nascar/Corporate funding in sprint cars than anything.

Yea there is in sprint cars. U have multipule teams there.
Wasnt there another team besides boyers in late models.

ride height
07-01-2021, 04:53 AM
I don’t know how anybody affords to do any of this anymore. The costs are beyond insane. Even for the well ofF folks, they’ve gotta be asking themselves...what are we doing?

Burke1118
07-01-2021, 07:27 AM
Marks in it just for the money.......thats hilarious!Listen to the podcast and hear his breakdown of the 840k they won in 2019! If it wasnt for sponsorship, he woulda lost money!Why are we are we discounting sponsorship money? Between Valvoline and the other 100 sponsors on that car........ it wouldn't surprise me if the whole team team could break even with $0.00 in winnings. So WITH that much winnings, Mark is bringing home a nice pay day..... not including the money he makes selling 300 overpriced race cars a year to suckers who think they are getting the same stuff he has.

Pennsboro32
07-01-2021, 07:29 AM
Why are we are we discounting sponsorship money? Between Valvoline and the other 100 sponsors on that car........ it wouldn't surprise me if the whole team team could break even with $0.00 in winnings. So WITH that much winnings, Mark is bringing home a nice pay day..... not including the money he makes selling 300 overpriced race cars a year to suckers who think they are getting the same stuff he has.

Sounds like you just have a Mark problem.

Burke1118
07-01-2021, 07:43 AM
Sounds like you just have a Mark problem.Dirt late model racing has a mark problem. Ive been on the inside of that camp before. I know too much. But hey, keep sending him money. Maybe you can get the secret smash numbers they used to run 20th the other weekend at Eldora.

Pennsboro32
07-01-2021, 07:50 AM
Dirt late model racing has a mark problem. Ive been on the inside of that camp before. I know too much. But hey, keep sending him money. Maybe you can get the secret smash numbers they used to run 20th the other weekend at Eldora.

Mocking their results isn't something you're going to win at.

Why would any chassis manufacture give away every entire speed secret? Seems contradicting to me. As long as they're getting you in the ball park.. If you watch closely, you can tell who has recently visited rocket head quarters. When another team leaves Shinnston, WV they're instantly fast then their speed seems to slowly vanish. Why is that? Rocket1 beats other teams mostly with their preparation more than anything, they're one of the firsts to the track. They're not at the track to party, they fine tune every detail, it's all business.

People like to make excuses, not just in racing, but in life. The hardest working people will always succeed the most.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2021, 08:24 AM
I don’t know how anybody affords to do any of this anymore. The costs are beyond insane. Even for the well ofF folks, they’ve gotta be asking themselves...what are we doing?

More people need to get in their lane and go have some fun on Saturday night. You don't need what the Lucas guys have to run 8th at your local show. If you are 1 second off the pace, going from your 18 degree engine to a new Durham will probably only SLOW you about 2 tenths in the feature.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Your new Penske rf shock with 900# zero point, 1050# at 1"/sec, max rebound of 1300# isn't going to make an appreciable difference over the ohlins you bought 5 years ago with an almost identical curve.

bleedblue55
07-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Dirt late model racing has a mark problem. Ive been on the inside of that camp before. I know too much. But hey, keep sending him money. Maybe you can get the secret smash numbers they used to run 20th the other weekend at Eldora.

"I know too much", every one on 4M

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-01-2021, 10:47 AM
"I know too much", every one on 4M

There are people here who actually do.

Barbecueboy
07-01-2021, 12:49 PM

Why would any chassis manufacture give away every entire speed secret? Seems contradicting to me. As long as they're getting you in the ball park.. If you watch closely, you can tell who has recently visited rocket head quarters. When another team leaves Shinnston, WV they're instantly fast then their speed seems to slowly vanish. Why is that? Rocket1 beats other teams mostly with their preparation more than anything, they're one of the firsts to the track. They're not at the track to party, they fine tune every detail, it's all business.

People like to make excuses, not just in racing, but in life. The hardest working people will always succeed the most.

The last paragraph in your post is one of the best descriptions of America 2021 that has been put in print anywhere….nice penn.

Rajflyboy
07-01-2021, 01:12 PM
I think Richards and BShepp just need to get their sexy on. (If they want to beat Big Sexy). They will get some more wins this year (I believe)👍

Highside Hustler25
07-01-2021, 03:31 PM
To the fool that thinks that the blue #1 is the only Rocket that can win, what chassis did Jimmy Owens run last year?

JimBo
07-01-2021, 03:45 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head with this reply. Success breads more success, and people who try and take shortcuts get cut short eventually.

ZERO25
07-01-2021, 06:40 PM
To the fool that thinks that the blue #1 is the only Rocket that can win, what chassis did Jimmy Owens run last year?

I think its really the green monster inside the Mark haters, they just fail to recognize it!