PDA

View Full Version : MAVTV Plus is prob the worst app I’ve spent money on…

EDERDS
07-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Absolutely awful

dirtSLMracing
07-10-2021, 06:47 PM
I am trying to log on to the website with no luck. A total P.O.S. site. They should be embarrassed to accept money for that garbage of a product.

EDERDS
07-10-2021, 06:49 PM
I finally got through on the website after numerous tries. I try to watch from there because their App is so bad.

TerryM
07-10-2021, 06:49 PM
We haven’t had any issues with it.

dirtSLMracing
07-10-2021, 07:04 PM
I continue to get this message.

500 Internal Server Error

dirtSLMracing
07-10-2021, 07:08 PM
After 30 minutes I finally get logged on and it says rain delay. Awesome

CrankedUp90
07-10-2021, 07:14 PM
I continue to get this message.

500 Internal Server Error

Same here!!! Unreal!!!

#4 Racing
07-10-2021, 07:21 PM
My account says i am sign in then when i click to watch the race it says i need a subscription.

formercrewguy
07-10-2021, 07:54 PM
I can't get on either.

DLC
07-10-2021, 07:57 PM
its canceled

zyoung25
07-10-2021, 07:57 PM
I honestly don't know why they had to ruin the good thing they had going with the lucas tv app. It would be been simple to just change the name and logo, and be done with it. I've yet to try and log in on it, but I have a feeling it's probably going to put more grey hair on my head. I've seen people complaining all over social media about it. Everybody saying they're having the same issues you guys gave had.

Mike Honcho
07-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Same problem here. I had been just ignoring it and watching on the Lucas Oil TV app on my phone, but tonight Smokey MTN wasn't on it. I was hoping they actually had Mav TV plus working but .... No

NeedforLM$peed
07-10-2021, 08:11 PM
Crazy how so many people have problems with it. Except one...

Pennsboro32
07-10-2021, 08:15 PM
I couldn’t get switched over either. Kept saying my email wasn’t associated with any accounts but I used it on Lucasoiltv app. I just bite the bullet and created a new account on mav. Customer service was bad too. Win some and you lose some I guess.

TerryM
07-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Crazy how so many people have problems with it. Except one...
They have thousands of subscribers. I see maybe a dozen or so people on social media having problems. Want me to do the math for you?

Pennsboro32
07-10-2021, 08:45 PM
They have thousands of subscribers. I see maybe a dozen or so people on social media having problems. Want me to do the math for you?

How many of those back woods old timers have social media?

TerryM
07-10-2021, 08:53 PM
How many of those back woods old timers have social media?
They have computers, WiFi, smart phones, Roku, MAVTV, FloRacing, Dirt Vision, etc. You have to pay for all those things.

Social media is free.

Highside Hustler25
07-10-2021, 09:58 PM
Just got done watchin the Lou Blaney Memorial race from Sharon Speedway with no glitches.

GO FLO

zyoung25
07-10-2021, 10:16 PM

For someone that liked the old 4m so much, you sure as hell like to disagree with everyone on here. I have seen several saying they were having the same issues everyone on here was having.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159382735349636&id=85115824635

84 comments here, and there is way more "than maybe a dozen" saying it's gave them problems. And that's just one post.

TerryM
07-10-2021, 11:22 PM
For someone that liked the old 4m so much, you sure as hell like to disagree with everyone on here. I have seen several saying they were having the same issues everyone on here was having.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159382735349636&id=85115824635

84 comments here, and there is way more "than maybe a dozen" saying it's gave them problems. And that's just one post.
“Everyone on here”? I disagreed with one poster. When I was on Facebook hours ago, I saw what I saw — maybe a dozen people having issues. Most of those issues could be easily taken care of — ask a question, send an email, etc. Act like an adult in 2021. Or keep pretending it’s 1975. Too many people these days would rather just complain.

TBSprintFan
07-11-2021, 03:05 AM
Never have had a problem with the new Mavtv app or the old Lucas Oil one and never had a problem with switching over. Now if you want one that is a PITA to me is DirtVision, when watching a live race it wants to pause and rebuffer but when you go the the Vault or Exclusive there is none of that, on top of the annoying announcing of Eshlman and Ruben.

Thedoctor
07-11-2021, 03:55 AM
No problems here. Transition went smooth, retyped information in once and now I stay logged in on my tv all summer, I just turn the app on, go to live, hit play on the event , no issues yet.

bleedblue55
07-11-2021, 06:20 AM
I get Flo, Dirtvision and Mav and the main problem is that Mav makes you log in every time whereas the others keep you logged in. There is nothing convenient about watching a Lucas race. I've never got the DV app to work correctly on my phone and access it thru the website link and it always keeps me logged in. I've accessed my Mav account a little early so I should only have to hit the Airs Live button when broadcast begins but have to relog in for access. Mav is a PITA.

b1eagle
07-11-2021, 08:53 AM
I have been with LORTV since it started and was grandfathered in when the price changed.I am paid up for the year and have been trying to get migrated to MavTv for three weeks now.They had my info but asked for a screenshot of my payment which you can't get from LORTV.Last night we had to pay the full amount again.Now I have paid twice for the year.Hell yea Iam pissed.

EDERDS
07-11-2021, 10:14 AM
Lol at the “12 folks on Facebook”. You should have seen thread on Twitter about it. Lot more than 12 folks.

Andrews42FAN
07-11-2021, 11:12 AM
I have to agree with the overarching sentiments here - its a POS app. Every race I want to watch I login in successfully and when I select the race to view it tells "denied - subscription required". Their CS is equally garbage with zero support. After about 3/4 logins it will finally recognize that I am a valid subscriber and let me watch the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) race I paid to watch.

For an organization that gets a lot right, Lucas and MAV have screwed the pooch on this one - it sucks.

Thinking about letting my subscription expire....

ZERO25
07-11-2021, 12:18 PM
I did have the same problems at first as well. They did respond very promptly through emails. The app wouldnt take my credit card and the person on the email blamed it on my bank, go figure! So, i tried again last week and everything has worked great so far!

Also, because of the earlier problems, they sent me a $40 discount code to keep the original price at $59.99! So far, so good! The app works far superior to the LORTV app!

JimBo
07-11-2021, 12:43 PM
I log in through Roku and I have problems with error messages too. Customer service takes days to answer questions. I agree, it is a POS!

TerryM
07-11-2021, 02:42 PM
When it first switched over, we had an issue too. We sent an email, they replied within a couple hours, with instructions. The whole thing took maybe two hours. Now we just click on our MAVTV+ app on Roku, pick a race, and it starts. We’ve never had an issue with LORTV or Mav. Or Flo, DV or any other streaming app. I’m not sure why some are just now switching over, but we never had the issues some are having now. Maybe it’s a mobile thing. I have never used my iPhone or iPad to watch a race. I’d rather watch on a 70” screen. Or maybe it’s your choice of streaming, WiFi, etc. It just seems like the issue is always on the consumer’s end, other than the switchover that happened weeks ago. Not sure why anyone would just now be making that switch.

153J
07-11-2021, 03:49 PM
because up untill this weekend it was still free on https://lucasoilracing.tv/

buschman
07-11-2021, 09:42 PM
My account says i am sign in then when i click to watch the race it says i need a subscription.

Same here on a laptop. There is a work around, for their crappy website. Click on shows or live events before logging in. Copy the link of the race you want to watch. for example the next Lucas race is:
https://mavtvplus.com/schedule/2021/transportation-solution-50/
Then login to your account, it may take 1-3 tries. Then paste the address to the race you want to watch into the address bar and it should work.

HIGH ROLLER
07-11-2021, 10:16 PM
because up untill this weekend it was still free on https://lucasoilracing.tv/

Yup what he said...... 👆

LugNutz
07-12-2021, 03:46 AM
Isn't Technology Great

dirtcrazy4u
07-12-2021, 04:51 AM
#1 Be smarter than them. pay with a credit card
#2 if you have issues and can't get anywhere with the tech people. Call your credit card company, file a complaint, and the credit card company will look into it and more than likely give you a refund.
#3 if everyone does it, how fast do you think they respond then.
#4 no one will do it because it's easier to complain on social media, good night children

riddle28
07-12-2021, 06:12 AM
I have been with LORTV since it started and was grandfathered in when the price changed.I am paid up for the year and have been trying to get migrated to MavTv for three weeks now.They had my info but asked for a screenshot of my payment which you can't get from LORTV.Last night we had to pay the full amount again.Now I have paid twice for the year.Hell yea Iam pissed.

the same thing happened to me when i swapped it over but luckily my card had changed since feb when i paid for LORTV so they couldnt charge me twice. I had to send 3 emails or so before i finally got a reply. i still havent tried to watch it on mavtv cuz we were racing saturday but i think they finally got my account swapped over

GottaGoFast
07-12-2021, 12:08 PM
There are 13 of us at my shop that have MavTV Plus subscriptions. Only one of them was transitioned over from Lucas Oil TV without a problem. Its been 4 weeks and the 12 of us still have not been able to use the new app.

Pennsboro32
07-12-2021, 12:18 PM
There are 13 of us at my shop that have MavTV Plus subscriptions. Only one of them was transitioned over from Lucas Oil TV without a problem. Its been 4 weeks and the 12 of us still have not been able to use the new app.

Wait, I thought Terry said nobody but a hand full of people were having problems...

HoosierDirtFan
07-12-2021, 12:54 PM
For the one gripping over the webiste.

This is from James Essex Facebook Page about 15 minutes ago.

James Essex
14m ·
Just wanted give everyone an update on the new MAVTVPLUS app. Unfortunately the website went down Saturday Night before the postponement and it affected everything. Also I did not have any WIFI in the tower to give people an update on the app and website.
I am working with MAVTVPLUS still on the issues that some of you have had with the transfer from LORTV to MAVTVPLUS. We have taken care of several people and realize we have more to go yet.
I am not the geek squad, just the middle man in taking care of subscribers issues. I know it has been frustrating for some of you and I will try to help with any issue you may have with your account etc.
Just direct message me on Facebook and I will be in contact with you.
And also rain, rain go away.
Thanks for your support.

TerryM
07-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Wait, I thought Terry said nobody but a hand full of people were having problems...
You might want to re-read the entire thread.

JPGfromBama
07-15-2021, 09:44 PM
I followed their instructions on migrating my account and have had zero problems on any device.

Dlmfan123
07-15-2021, 10:07 PM
I followed their instructions on migrating my account and have had zero problems on any device.I'm convinced at least 90% of the people out there can't follow directions at all.

TDRacin®
07-16-2021, 12:31 PM
I'm convinced at least 90% of the people out there can't follow directions at all.

I can assure you I know what I'm doing and there are definitely issues with their servers/app. I can get logged in only to be told "Subscription required" when I click on a stream. My account shows my renewal and date that I was renewed. It doesn't matter if it's via the app, the website, Roku, whichever, all the same issue.

They have work to do and hopefully they get it sorted soon. It's not working correctly for everyone just as some people have issues with the various streamers while others never experience a hiccup. Don't always discount people's struggles when sometimes it is indeed something out of their control! With that said, I also agree many people's errors are self-induced!

ZERO25
07-16-2021, 02:35 PM
Same here! I tried 3 weeks in a row and finally on the 4th week it worked.They tried to claim my bank was blocking them from charging my card! lol

Now that Im logged in, the app is nearly flawless compared to lucas oiltv! That app was the worst for me!

JPGfromBama
07-16-2021, 08:19 PM
I'm convinced at least 90% of the people out there can't follow directions at all. Yes!! That said I'm not saying some aren't having issues, I'm just providing my own experience. However, I bet a lot are self induced. YMMV

Patansplant
07-17-2021, 01:58 PM
Well I'm one that has tried everything to get logged in and no luck. No luck with their helpless desk either. Shameful they migrated the way they did. My old Lucas Oil TV App worked great.

formercrewguy
07-17-2021, 07:10 PM
Anybody able to log in tonight? I can't.

Spike 188
07-17-2021, 07:14 PM
I can’t login either really slow trying

Snake X3
07-17-2021, 07:14 PM
Yes. I've been logged in, but it is just playing music saying Broadcast Starting Soon.

Snake X3
07-17-2021, 07:15 PM
Now it's saying Rain Delay

Spike 188
07-17-2021, 07:15 PM
Never had any problems with Lucas oil racing tv worked all the time

Snake X3
07-17-2021, 07:18 PM
I think Forrest paid one of his great-grandkids to build the site. That's the only explanation I can come up with for why the launch of the MAVTVplus has been such an abortion.

Patansplant
07-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Scammed again by the biggest scammer.

kidrock
07-17-2021, 07:26 PM
I had all kinds of problems getting logged into mavtv and finally did with the help from the help desk and now the site is not loading. Oh well maybe next week I will try again.

dirtSLMracing
07-17-2021, 07:28 PM
I must give them credit. Only took me 9 minutes to log on this time instead of the over 30 minutes for the last race.

buschman
07-17-2021, 07:32 PM
After you login to the website, paste this into the address bar to watch the diamond nationals.
https://mavtvplus.com/schedule/2021/15th-annual-diamond-nationals/
It should work.

Patansplant
07-17-2021, 07:37 PM
That link would be nice if I could log in. Oh and it would be nice if the helpless desk would respond.

TDRacin®
07-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Now it's saying Rain Delay

That's because, it's raining.

Spike 188
07-17-2021, 07:42 PM
Would be great if you could talk to someone live to get help

Spike 188
07-17-2021, 07:44 PM
This network is the worst I have ever been on or try to get on

Spike 188
07-17-2021, 07:47 PM
It really sucks pay for something and get nothing

GregA12
07-17-2021, 08:48 PM
They definitely rolled it out too soon. Really choppy when you click on certain things and get idderror messages.

Patansplant
07-18-2021, 08:25 AM
Well I finally got a response from Jesse with what looks like some useful information to get logged in. He also gave me instructions on how to maintain my grandfathered $59.99 annual subscription rate. Too bad I had to get really pissy about it to get something that looks useful. Time will tell.

Highside Hustler25
07-18-2021, 11:38 AM
Everyone is invited to Terry's house for the next race.🤣🤣🤣

JimBo
07-18-2021, 06:27 PM
I was finally able to log in last night and had no problems. They must have fixed it because I did nothing different from what I had been doing.

Terry, what's your address, so I can come over and the join the party your throwing.

plunks7
07-19-2021, 11:07 AM
mavtv plus is getting the best of me. I can't get in, I log in successfully and it says access denied. I have been trying for 2 weeks now. I can't get them to answer questions or even reply back. Very Very frustrated, I'm going to lose my sh!t very soon!!!!

epjfan
07-19-2021, 12:58 PM
I found that on the website when you sign in to your account if you give it 2-3 minutes it will usually then let you in to watch the race. If you fail to give it a few minutes it will tell you access denied" or that is what it has been doing to me ever since the changeover.

TowerView
07-19-2021, 01:15 PM
mavtv plus is getting the best of me. I can't get in, I log in successfully and it says access denied. I have been trying for 2 weeks now. I can't get them to answer questions or even reply back. Very Very frustrated, I'm going to lose my sh!t very soon!!!!

Hey Plunks check your messages. Thanks

plunks7
07-19-2021, 02:14 PM
Hey Plunks check your messages. Thanks

I sent you what you needed. If you need anything else, I will respond. Thanks for responding to me!!!

dirtSLMracing
07-19-2021, 02:17 PM
I found that on the website when you sign in to your account if you give it 2-3 minutes it will usually then let you in to watch the race. If you fail to give it a few minutes it will tell you access denied" or that is what it has been doing to me ever since the changeover.

Well logging into a website should not be like trying to start a 1965 Farmall tractor.

You pull the choke halfway and bump the starter twice.. then put it in first and let the clutch out a quarter way.. engage the PTO while jiggling the choke.. put it back in neutral, disengage the PTO and you should be ready to start her up.. pull the choke out all the way, hold the starter down till she fires then push the choke in 65%.. pump the clutch twice and you should be in business.

FF21
07-19-2021, 02:18 PM
I've been trying for a few days to get in with no success. Should have just left it alone. I've emailed a few times with no responce.

Highside Hustler25
07-19-2021, 03:17 PM
Well logging into a website should not be like trying to start a 1965 Farmall tractor.

You pull the choke halfway and bump the starter twice.. then put it in first and let the clutch out a quarter way.. engage the PTO while jiggling the choke.. put it back in neutral, disengage the PTO and you should be ready to start her up.. pull the choke out all the way, hold the starter down till she fires then push the choke in 65%.. pump the clutch twice and you should be in business.

You don't use the old hand crank? Old school. Used to call it the ole wrist breaker.

TowerView
07-19-2021, 03:50 PM
For those still having issues with the MAVTVPLUS app please send me a notification

plunks7
07-19-2021, 05:37 PM
Foe those still having issues with the MAVTVPLUS app please send me a notifiucation on here.
Thanks
James Essex

Are you still trying to figure mine out, Or is it really messed up?

TerryM
07-19-2021, 06:50 PM
Everyone is invited to Terry's house for the next race.藍藍藍
LOL … sounds good! #BYOB

BILL47A
07-19-2021, 08:03 PM
I finally was able to gain access. After dozens of attempts I kept getting the "ACCESS DENIED" message. I was using "Google Chrome" as my browser. My son suggested to try a different browser, he is smarter than I am. We used "Firefox" and it worked. Hope this helps some of you that are still having problems and will let you gain access for tomorrows race.

Highside Hustler25
07-19-2021, 09:28 PM
I was gonna get Mavtv for the N/S but after reading this thread, puck it. I'll spend the $250 in gas. Less painful.

fryefan
07-19-2021, 10:34 PM
I am not sure if this will help or not, but sometime login issues can be solved by clearing your browsing history and then logging back in. I don't know if that will help with the MAV TV + issue some of you are having, but it may be worth trying.

FYI -- It (MAV TV +) works for me.

Pennsboro32
07-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Last time I mentioned that I went ahead and just created a new sub because my old one wouldn’t switch over. I paid for MAVTV once again, it worked last race, I go back to login under my new account and it says “invalid credentials”. I’m completely over this app. At this point I’m fine with not watching Lucas racing.

#4 Racing
07-20-2021, 07:36 PM
let me watch last race but wont let me watch tonights race

dirtSLMracing
07-20-2021, 07:37 PM
Took me a shade over 12 minutes to get logged in tonight.

Tnewton
07-20-2021, 07:50 PM
Why I the world can you not cast this app to your tv?? CRAZY!!

TDRacin®
07-20-2021, 08:00 PM
I still can't watch on my mobile app. I'm logged in OK but when I click to watch, I still get the "Subscription required" message. The website at first gave me SSL errors, but then started to work. First time it wouldn't let me login. Second time it went through, albeit slowly before eventually allowing me to view.

For what it's worth, the Roku app works without a hitch!

I have never experienced such a f'ed up situation trying to do something that worked perfectly fine before on LORTV! Whoever's in charge needs to find a new line of work or go back to school!

WildBill32
07-20-2021, 08:04 PM
This 4 me is sooooo not cool 😎 I have been w Lortv from the beginning. Now I can't even see a dam thing. Or even get a response from them! Ugh... Just give me my Lortv back please... I wish...

gunner3584
07-20-2021, 08:07 PM
I Cant even get logged in!!

TerryM
07-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Why I the world can you not cast this app to your tv?? CRAZY!!
We watch it on our TV. It’s the only way we’ve ever watched it.

Pennsboro32
07-20-2021, 08:29 PM
We all still going to Terrys this weekend to watch the race??

TTS_JF
07-20-2021, 08:33 PM
I'm having problems changing my password because the link they send is forbidden, anyone else have this issue? I've never had problems with LucasTV, dirtvision, DOD, etc.

IADRF
07-20-2021, 08:35 PM
I trusted Terry, just signed up and in less than 1 hour have requested a refund through google play. Couldn't watch from any device! Too bad, I would have loved to watch I-80.

TerryM
07-20-2021, 08:50 PM
Sorry, guys. We don’t stream races on our iPhones, iPads, laptops, etc. Never have. We do all of our streaming on our TV. Maybe that’s the difference. I’m honestly not sure.

NeedforLM$peed
07-20-2021, 09:01 PM
Pennsboro empty your pm box it's full

Pennsboro32
07-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Just emptied…..

Highside Hustler25
07-20-2021, 09:51 PM
I trusted Terry, just signed up and in less than 1 hour have requested a refund through google play. Couldn't watch from any device! Too bad, I would have loved to watch I-80.

You were supposed to show up at his place with 🍺. You miss that post?

IADRF
07-20-2021, 10:35 PM
You were supposed to show up at his place with . You miss that post?His address wouldn't load in my flip phone.

#4 Racing
07-20-2021, 11:34 PM
who won the lucas race tonight

plunks7
07-21-2021, 04:58 AM
Brandon Overton

bleedblue55
07-21-2021, 05:33 AM
I can have 5 windows open streaming 5 different races on Flo and Dirtvision and everything is seamless and lightning fast. When I access a race on Mav my latest and greatest computer moves at a snails paces. Believe Mav was shooting to replace the Obamacare roll out as the worse website intro in history.

Andrews42FAN
07-21-2021, 02:02 PM
Last night you couldn't even get into Mav as the host server went down. Tech Support provided me a direct link via email that as selected immediately worked. Like BB-55 I have services streaming with Flo and DV without one hiccup and they work flawless all evening. I as well have a 3 month old laptop and anything you attempt on the Mav site is 30-60 seconds to load and then it may timeout. Pure garbage....

LM1
07-21-2021, 02:29 PM
The tv setup must be different than server on computer because last night I could watch on Roku and phone app but not on computer.

TerryM
07-21-2021, 05:24 PM
Roku is what we use too. All of our racing apps are on there.

TDRacin®
07-21-2021, 07:41 PM
Yep, Roku works without a hitch. Website doesn't load (or loads extremely slowly) and phone app says subscription required. Glad I have a Roku!

For anyone interested in a Roku, they are on sale currently for $29- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0916TKFF2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=9397596eea8511eb827cd265bfc591920INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Also available for that price at Target, Walmart, Best Buy and others probably. A really good device for many other things as well.

AllenK
07-21-2021, 08:20 PM
I got my Dad a Roku for Father's Day a year or two or so ago. He uses it mainly to stream Youtube on his TV. I've thought about getting him a Flo/Dod subscription for Christmas or his birthday and setting him up to stream with their app.