PDA

View Full Version : Fansfund for Cedar Lake is at $27,870

TUTY
07-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Ends ton and they are very close to inviting 14 cars and might get to $30,000 to invite 15 cars. With car counts being down and Cedar Lake not being close to anything this Fansfund is essential to help get the best field of cars possible. Thanks to everyone who donated to help make this possible.

dirty-white-boy
07-12-2021, 12:30 PM
Ends ton and they are very close to inviting 14 cars and might get to $30,000 to invite 15 cars. With car counts being down and Cedar Lake not being close to anything this Fansfund is essential to help get the best field of cars possible. Thanks to everyone who donated to help make this possible.

Dont you mean the FegerFund?

Tireguy17
07-12-2021, 02:30 PM

FWIW....He always supports the Fans Fund and that probably attributes to him being voted in every year. There are A LOT of drivers who make themselves available for voting in, get voted in, and back out.

Action10
07-12-2021, 03:47 PM
Dont you mean the FegerFund?What is wrong with people voting for him? I seem to remember Bill Elliott winning NASCAR's Most Popular Driver every year...

dirty-white-boy
07-12-2021, 05:16 PM
What is wrong with people voting for him? I seem to remember Bill Elliott winning NASCAR's Most Popular Driver every year...

If you roll in with a double stacker do you really need to be taking handouts?

Highside Hustler25
07-12-2021, 05:27 PM

Shame on Feger for having fans.

You obviously were dropped on your head as a child.

old_wedge_nut
07-12-2021, 05:46 PM

He has a ton of fans up there. I think I see more Feger shirts than anyone.

TUTY
07-12-2021, 06:14 PM
I guess the moral to the story is that they need the 13-15 cars too fill the field and that’s the main reason for the Fansfund. Probably get 38-42 cars with these drivers so it’s needed.

TUTY
07-12-2021, 06:16 PM
$28,404 now and tonight it ends.

WisWildManFan
07-12-2021, 06:16 PM
The tours should double sanction some of these tracks that have very few regional guys. 18 car field for WoO is a real shame.

jmjkfan
07-12-2021, 07:00 PM
I've never understood people's issue with this. How is it any different than any other $2500 sponsor?

fryefan
07-12-2021, 08:09 PM
I've never understood people's issue with this. How is it any different than any other $2500 sponsor?

I totally agree with this assessment. What other people do with their own money is none of the whiners business. It is sad when supposed "race fans" complain about things that make the sport better.

Shout out to Rich Olson and his crew who started this endeavor and to those who continue it.

intel8
07-12-2021, 08:15 PM
Fansfund is a great thing, sad to see people bash it, Cedar Lake is a great track and a must on the "Bucket list".

Action10
07-12-2021, 08:28 PM
If you roll in with a double stacker do you really need to be taking handouts?Don't know you personally, so I'm not sure what your problem is...

ZERO25
07-12-2021, 08:42 PM

If you did roll in with one, 90% chance, you already took someones handouts!

NeedforLM$peed
07-12-2021, 10:18 PM
Here's a refresher of dumb-white-boy
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?403707-Fans-fund-for-Cedar-Lake&highlight=Fansfund

TUTY
07-13-2021, 06:12 AM
The last update was with 3 hours to go, $29,986.

jhanson
07-13-2021, 06:49 AM
WOO sprinter Brad Sweet said he wished the King's Royal was at Cedar Lake---said he loved multiple racing lines and great fans. God bless Cedar Lake for all they do to promote the sport. They bust their rears to provide a great product for the fans. They invest tons of money IN THE BUSINESS. Their track prep people are superb. As soon as the Canadian Prime Minister regains his sanity, the Canadian fans will join the party atmosphere, eh ?

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2021, 07:01 AM

Double stacker. Big deal. Modified guys have them now all while racing for a grand or 2. Irrelevant.

TUTY
07-13-2021, 04:35 PM
Voting is done and over $30,862.00
1 Jason Feger
2 Bobby Pierce
3 Ashton Winger
4 Gordy Gundaker
5 Chris Simpson

1 Garrett Alberson
2 Mark Whitener
3 Drake Troutman
4 Tegan Evans
5 Jeremiah Hurst
6 Trevor Gundaker
7 Tony Jackson Jr
8 Chad Simpson
9 Billy Moyer Jr
10 Spencer Hughes

riddle28
07-14-2021, 06:26 AM

so youd rather see a guy with a 24' with no room for tires and parts go up there and probably not be a threat to make some noise?

cjsracing
07-14-2021, 09:52 AM
so youd rather see a guy with a 24' with no room for tires and parts go up there and probably not be a threat to make some noise?

I'd rather see it go to guys who wish they could go but are low on funding. That's how it started out but morphed into a popularity contest to give guys who already have funding money to come to a race they probably were already coming to.

Packin' Meat
07-14-2021, 10:06 AM
I'd rather see it go to guys who wish they could go but are low on funding. That's how it started out but morphed into a popularity contest to give guys who already have funding money to come to a race they probably were already coming to.You're more than welcome to start your own fund and give it to those you feel are more deserving. No matter how you want to look at it this is not only good for the Speedway, but great for the sport as a whole.

dirty-white-boy
07-14-2021, 10:12 AM
I'd rather see it go to guys who wish they could go but are low on funding. That's how it started out but morphed into a popularity contest to give guys who already have funding money to come to a race they probably were already coming to.

EX ACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do any of these boys need extra cash to to go to a race they were most likely going to anyhow. Im not sure how Gundaker's dad and mom could pay for gas at these prices!! And I am sure Billy's dad does not have much left over from the millions of assets he listed on Facebook!!! Them poor souls!

The rest of us 4m'ers that understand this need to come up with a "FansFund" so you others can donate to our causes too!

1 Jason Feger
2 Bobby Pierce
3 Ashton Winger
4 Gordy Gundaker
5 Chris Simpson

1 Garrett Alberson
2 Mark Whitener
3 Drake Troutman
4 Tegan Evans
5 Jeremiah Hurst
6 Trevor Gundaker
7 Tony Jackson Jr
8 Chad Simpson
9 Billy Moyer Jr
10 Spencer Hughes

LM1
07-14-2021, 10:37 AM
Speaking of that do Gordy and Trevor Gundaker have regular jobs or do they race for a living? If just race there must be a lot of sponsor and/or family money supporting that. Seem like good guys, just don't run a ton of shows.

Highside Hustler25
07-14-2021, 12:08 PM
EX ACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do any of these boys need extra cash to to go to a race they were most likely going to anyhow. Im not sure how Gundaker's dad and mom could pay for gas at these prices!! And I am sure Billy's dad does not have much left over from the millions of assets he listed on Facebook!!! Them poor souls!

The rest of us 4m'ers that understand this need to come up with a "FansFund" so you others can donate to our causes too!

1 Jason Feger
2 Bobby Pierce
3 Ashton Winger
4 Gordy Gundaker
5 Chris Simpson

1 Garrett Alberson
2 Mark Whitener
3 Drake Troutman
4 Tegan Evans
5 Jeremiah Hurst
6 Trevor Gundaker
7 Tony Jackson Jr
8 Chad Simpson
9 Billy Moyer Jr
10 Spencer Hughes

Your comment on Moyer only proves what a fool you are.

NeedforLM$peed
07-14-2021, 12:25 PM
I'd their low on funding they should probably find a new hobby.

NeedforLM$peed
07-14-2021, 12:26 PM
Seems as though HTF has their own personal FansFund going... Or am I wrong?

TBSprintFan
07-14-2021, 03:04 PM

I sort of agree, I believe it should be for new drivers that haven't been there at all or for drivers that haven't been there for at least 2 to 3 years. You are not getting anymore cars there by paying for Pierce and Feger and others that would of showed up otherwise if there even wasn't a FansFund. Pretty much why I shopped donating.

ImCryn2
07-14-2021, 05:41 PM
Is it much different than a promoter charging a few bucks more for fans to get in the stands so he can pay someone 'show up money'? With this deal, you at least don't have to foot the bill if you choose not to donate.

jhanson
07-14-2021, 05:56 PM
It seems it does get Cedar Lake lots of free advertising, eh ? ---chuckle

klemmabyna
07-14-2021, 06:50 PM
great job by the Fansfund crew.

i will never understand some so called race fans.

jhanson
07-14-2021, 08:36 PM
excellent quote---spot on

fryefan
07-14-2021, 11:11 PM
You're more than welcome to start your own fund and give it to those you feel are more deserving. No matter how you want to look at it this is not only good for the Speedway, but great for the sport as a whole.

Amen!! I agree with this assessment.

Mod Runner
07-15-2021, 01:53 AM
I am not familiar with the fans fund. I know it is too late to contribute this year , but how does one contribute ? Is it a online contribution ?

jhanson
07-15-2021, 06:26 AM
www.fansfund.com
and
www.fansfund.com/history

kazual
07-15-2021, 07:25 AM
great job by the Fansfund crew. i will never understand some so called race fans.Agree, but then again nothing new.

TUTY
07-15-2021, 03:10 PM
The Fansfund was started for probably for a different reason but now it’s to bring the field of cars to 40-45. Back when there was 50-60 this wasn’t needed but with the lack of car count almost everywhere today it’s very much needed. To say the 15 cars all would have come anyway is completely wrong. 5 -7 of these cars probably would have made trip but 8-10 would not have. You can’t afford the chance at only 32 cars racing for $250,000 over 3 days. Fansfund personal and donation people and businesses your awesome and keep up the great work.

cgrace
07-15-2021, 11:12 PM
I think the FansFund is great each year. I also take the time to vote for a couple of drivers on the list who I know wouldn't go without the FansFund. Chances are a few of them on the list would go, regardless. Pierce and Winger comes to mind as two that would. But I believe Tuty is correct, at least 8-10 wouldn't go. I really don't get why people bash drivers who take out a loan to get a hauler to try to better their team, try to make it to more races without breaking down or investing $40k - $50k in a pick up truck. Most of these guys started with open wheel trailers and worked their way into stackers. Face it, unless you are winning the races these guys are not getting rich by any means. Money is tight all around. The fans at CLS always seem appreciative of any driver who comes to this race. Thank you FANS FUND for getting more drivers to this race.