PDA

View Full Version : Nick Hoffman Completes Record-Breaking Week of Action

Ben Shelton
07-19-2021, 09:41 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 19, 2021

Nick Hoffman Completes Record-Breaking Week of Action
Increases 2021-Win Tally to 27

Mooresville, North Carolina (07/19/21) – In four starts last week Nick Hoffman was unbeaten with four wins and a track record along the way. He also eclipsed his previous best single-season, Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals win tally of 13, by pushing this year’s number to 15 with several events still remaining.

He now has 27 total victories this season in his Elite Chassis No. 2 Wehrs Machine / Fox Shocks Modified.

“This past week showed just what our team is made of. We didn’t draw the pole every night, and we even had to overcome some damage to our racecar in the feature to get the wins. My goal this year was to break my previous record of 13 Modified Nationals in a season, and now I’ve done that with 15. My goal now is to see just how many I can get, and to stay unbeaten in series action,” Hoffman said. “If not for the great support of my team, my family, and my marketing partners I couldn’t be achieving all of these things, so I thank them all for their amazing support.”

It didn’t come easy, but Nick Hoffman was able to stay perfect in 2021 Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals on Wednesday night with a $1,500 triumph at Indiana’s Circle City Raceway. After winning his heat race, Hoffman drew the third-starting spot for the feature and pursued early front runners Tyler Nicely and Dylan Woodling. Nick raced past Nicely into the second position in the early stages before taking over the lead, when leader Woodling slowed on lap 5.

Surviving a late-race scrape with lapped traffic Hoffman was able to keep Nicely at bay in the closing laps to bank his 13th-straight series win and his 24th overall victory of the season. The triumph pushed his career-series win total to 51.

“I was really worried about that redraw,” Hoffman said in Victory Lane. “Obviously, I had to pass somebody tonight, so Facebook should be pumped up about that. Crew member [Shawn] showed me I had a pretty decent size lead, and then it went to nothing. I could see [Nicely] down there, and I just had to use that one lapped car up off of Turn 4… I gotta go, ya know? They’re having their own race, you can’t blame them for that. It’s just, at some point, you gotta go, and I got a little aggressive with him and tore it up a bit.”

Tyler Nicely, Dillon Nusbaum, Tommy Sheppard Jr. and John Demoss rounded out the Top 5 at the checkered flag.

Thursday night was a historic outing for Nick Hoffman. He broke his own single season record of 13 Summit Modified Nationals wins with a triumph at Michigan’s Thunderbird Speedway. For the second-straight night, Hoffman raced from the third-starting spot to the lead and ultimately the win. The victory marked his 25th overall of the season.

Curt Spalding, Jeffery Ericson, Hunt Gossum, and Jacob Poel completed the Top 5- finishers.

Friday night’s event at Hartford (Mich.) Motor Speedway was nixed by rain, and the team shifted their Saturday night plans to a $1,500-to-win FALS Cup event at Fairbury (Ill.) Speedway. A talent-laden field of 45 entries were on hand for the program, and a second-place finish in his heat race positioned Nick seventh on the starting grid for the feature.

On a technical racetrack, Hoffman found a line that suited him as he worked to the lead and ultimately the victory, which was the 26th of 2021. Tyler Nicely, Nick Clubb, Jacob Poel, and Kyle Steffens completed the Top-5 finishers.

Closing out an unbeaten week of racing on Sunday night at Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track, Hoffman started his outing by setting a new track record in qualifying over the 35 entries with a 22.077-second lap around the half-mile oval. He proceeded to win his heat race, which sent him to the redraw for the feature, where he pulled the fourth-starting spot.

In the main event he worked his way to the lead on lap 4 before driving away from the field for his 15th Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals victory of the season, which was worth $1,500. He’s now tied with Mike Harrison atop the all-time series win list with 53 triumphs.

Will Krup, Kyle Steffens, Kenny Wallace, and Richie Lex completed the Top-5 finishers.

Nick Hoffman Racing continues Summit Modified Nationals action this week with four events. The action kicks off on Friday night at Illinois’ Tri-City Speedway. The schedule for the week is as follows:

July 23: Tri-City Speedway (Pontoon Beach, Illinois)
July 24: Clarksville Speedway (Clarksville, Tennessee)
July 25: Richmond Raceway (Richmond, Kentucky)
July 26: Lake Cumberland Speedway (Burnside, Kentucky)

For more information on the upcoming schedule, please visit www.ModifiedNationals.com .

Nick Hoffman Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Fox Shocks, NASCAR Technical Institute, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Maxima Racing Oils, Bell Helmets, K1 Race Gear, Jerovetz Motorsports Shocks, Rockwell Security, Allgaier Performance Parts, PSA Starters, Sunoco Race Fuel, Elliott’s Custom Trailers, Eibach Springs, Fast Shafts, Tiger Quick Change Rear Ends, FK Rod Ends, Hooker Harness, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Allstar Performance, Schoenfeld Headers, Willy’s Carburetor & Dyno Shop, Bassett, Walker Performance Filtration, QuickCar Headers, Jones Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Strange Oval, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum, Outerwears, XS Power Batteries, Five Star Race Car Bodies, Superior Fuel Cells, MPI, Millbridge Speedway, Mittler Brothers Machine & Tool, Joe’s Racing Products, Off Axis Paint, Mahle, Clevite, KSE Racing Products, Multi Fire, The Joie of Seating, Vexil, Yeti, DirtCarLift.com, KBC Graphix, and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

Keep track of the latest team news by visiting www.NickHoffman2.com and by following his social channels at:
Facebook: @EliteChassis
Twitter: @Nick_Hoffman2
Instagram: @Nick_Hoffman2