PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Raceway

DirtyD31
07-25-2021, 08:49 PM
This is my local track, but I don’t think I would go back if it was free admission the rest of the year. Tonight was just stupid. Im not one for track bashing, but this place is not worth coming to. Hopefully another promoter will come in eventually and get this place headed in the right direction.

zyoung25
07-25-2021, 08:54 PM
Between this soup sandwich and the outlaw show back in the spring, they're not looking too inviting to anyone looking to visit the place for the first time.

LM1M
07-25-2021, 09:14 PM
The Summernationals is loosing its luster

dirtSLMracing
07-25-2021, 09:28 PM
The Summernationals is loosing its luster

So they need tighter luster?

MRM
07-26-2021, 03:43 PM
Is there a reason they always start at 6:00? I can understand it in April when it can still be cool. But even in the summer, they start at 6:00 and kill the track.

50Dixon50
07-26-2021, 03:49 PM
Does anybody know the dates and tracks for FOR the summer nationals makeups

DirtyD31
07-26-2021, 05:12 PM
I hope they get it straightened out, but it’s been a circus for the last few years I know. If the track is prepped right the track can be racy, but it’s rare things r done right there.

zyoung25
07-26-2021, 06:11 PM
I feel like the track was in pretty good shape after the heats. Not sure why they wanted to dump a bunch of water on it in the first place, it done nothing to help the racing. They basically just sold hot dogs.

DirtyD31
07-26-2021, 10:03 PM
I thought the same, I guess they did it with intention to make it 2 grooves, and I can appreciate that. I’ve just been there so many times for there big late model show’s and almost always left disappointed or bored. I hope they sell out the rest of the year, and do great. I just personally won’t return until promoters change. We travel all over racing, and watching racing, and this area with the exception of Florence is frustrating. Either 7 different classes with a big late model show, or just 1 groove boring racing. Racing around here use to be awesome.

NeedforLM$peed
07-27-2021, 01:17 AM
Does anybody know the dates and tracks for FOR the summer nationals makeups

Only Highland August 13th and I55 August 14th are being made up. Then it moves to MI August 18th for the final 4 events.

Paradox28
07-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Is there a reason they always start at 6:00? I can understand it in April when it can still be cool. But even in the summer, they start at 6:00 and kill the track.They start at 6 because of a strict midnight curfew from the county because if they get one complaint it could cost the track its business license. It is a major hamstring and Richmond has been operating for years under a "we'll tolerate you but don't give us a reason to shut you down" kind of atmosphere. To be honest, its a miracle that is still operating today the way their regulations have been.The water put on the track was requested and then what took place after that can be left for the more educated involved to answer.

AllenK
07-27-2021, 05:56 PM
And they're having a 20k to win Ultimate race there next month?

TerryM
07-27-2021, 06:13 PM
They start at 6 because of a strict midnight curfew from the county because if they get one complaint it could cost the track its business license. It is a major hamstring and Richmond has been operating for years under a "we'll tolerate you but don't give us a reason to shut you down" kind of atmosphere. To be honest, its a miracle that is still operating today the way their regulations have been.The water put on the track was requested and then what took place after that can be left for the more educated involved to answer.
Thank you for the educated response. Reminds me of the old days of 4m.

TerryM
07-27-2021, 06:16 PM
Could be a good one. It’s hit or miss the last few years, but they used to call it the action track for a reason.

AllenK
07-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Well,the race the other night did have it's moments. I've seen better and worse.

zyoung25
07-27-2021, 07:02 PM

Bill Lupinos, the promoter at Richmond, is or was the series director over the ultimate heartland series. So you can figure out the connection there.

Paradox28
07-27-2021, 07:52 PM
Richmond is a medium sized investment away from being able to upgrade some things that would help a lot. Honestly though(and a tiny bit biased) the track is better in about every way than it used to be. I've seen one lane trains at tons of tracks, dusty races, races with not a lot of passing. It happens all over. I've never really understood why in this area people are so hyper-focused on Richmond mishaps. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. There is a nearby track that I have seen exactly one two groove race take place but it doesn't get near the criticism

DirtyD31
07-27-2021, 09:19 PM
For me it started with qualifying 4 cylinders at the big late model shows, and would have 30 KDRA mini stocks. That stoped this year, and I believe there trying to do better, but I just feel like I’d be better off to drive to Florence. I live 10 mins from this track, and have always supported them, even if one groove. I wish nothing but great stuff for the place, but since Joey Tacket stoped promoting out there the show fell off, but track got more banking and racing got better. I would love nothing more then to see that track grow, and get better. Hopefully things get better for them.

MRM
07-28-2021, 08:57 AM
They start at 6 because of a strict midnight curfew from the county because if they get one complaint it could cost the track its business license. It is a major hamstring and Richmond has been operating for years under a "we'll tolerate you but don't give us a reason to shut you down" kind of atmosphere. To be honest, its a miracle that is still operating today the way their regulations have been.The water put on the track was requested and then what took place after that can be left for the more educated involved to answer.

Thanks for the info. I know the racing was good the first two times I was there. The WoO race was bad and Sunday sounded like a cluster. Too bad. The Lupinos family seem like good people.

Buford.Justice
07-28-2021, 02:44 PM
If I were running Richmond I would by considering putting more banking and doing some weeknight track prep as well as on race day. Getting more moisture in the track before racing would hopefully keep the track from burning up too early. I've seen the track gone before they even qualify.

And the class count should be kept to a minimum. Although it's plain to see that many tracks do this for the extra pit money to get by.