PDA

View Full Version : Video: Florence Speedway | 7/24/21 | Mills / Hensley Incident

Jody Shannon
07-27-2021, 01:46 AM
https://youtu.be/iuB5Fqn4_DU

dirtcrazy4u
07-27-2021, 05:58 AM
That's called a slide job, it's also called a job not so well done by the guy on the outside. Can you say brake pedal, No not me, I'll show that sob. Wonder what not hitting that pedal cost him ?

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-27-2021, 06:19 AM
Usually the guy throwing the slide job is the one with more speed at the end of the straight, not the one losing ground.

1am was back on the gas for probably 0.3 to 0.5 sec before it was obvious his line was going to be claimed.

noitall93w
07-27-2021, 07:06 AM
Mills is a jack wagon. Wrecks more than anyone. He knew it was coming. Tap the brake and cross him over.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-27-2021, 07:25 AM
Mills is a jack wagon. Wrecks more than anyone. He knew it was coming. Tap the brake and cross him over.

No disagreement with the first two sentences. That said, the slider can't be by the slower guy and he can't still be changing lanes after the other guy has long fired back up.

A good slider can be reacted to. There is no need for prediction.

BloomerWon
07-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Was that Bobby Pierce driving the 21 car?

Raceready
07-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Was that Bobby Pierce driving the 21 car?He was driving way too slow to have been Bobbo ! !

Buford.Justice
07-28-2021, 03:35 PM
Where have they all gone? This track has been full of big name drivers for over fifty years and now they are all gone except for a few newby's coming up.

Highside Hustler25
07-28-2021, 06:56 PM

...........🦴'r?...........

ALLDIRT
08-02-2021, 10:31 AM

You are fkin joke and , don't know your a$$ from your mouth . Grand stand drivers . Give it a brake .

ALLDIRT
08-02-2021, 10:32 AM

Sweet .lol.

ALLDIRT
08-02-2021, 10:33 AM
No disagreement with the first two sentences. That said, the slider can't be by the slower guy and he can't still be changing lanes after the other guy has long fired back up.

A good slider can be reacted to. There is no need for prediction.

That was no slider , that was a block .

dirty-white-boy
08-02-2021, 11:28 AM
Like Rick Eckert said when asked why drivers do no get along like they used to back in the day "because the only way to pass today is going in, we used to pass coming out"

chupp n bloomer fan
08-02-2021, 05:35 PM
Man, that’s close. Like 70% a 32 slider, and 30% you shoulda anticipated it. But, again, when you’ve scrubbed off so much speed, and at that point of the turn, it’s hard to adjust.

Shame Mills got junked, and yes, I’ve never seen him run well.

ALLDIRT
08-02-2021, 09:43 PM
The first slider was a slider . The second so called slider was a block . And the speed mills had was hard to stop .
either way he was gettin in in the back .

bc12
08-03-2021, 01:43 PM
Where have they all gone? This track has been full of big name drivers for over fifty years and now they are all gone except for a few newby's coming up.Unless its a lucas show, florence is lucky to see 10 to 15 cars for a weekly race anymore. Go back 6 or 7 years we had a lot of good weekly racing. Some weeks now, they don't even race supers. Things have changed for sure. IDK if thats the cost of the sport or what it is, seems like a good place to race. I know I really enjoy it there to watch.Looked like the guy on the outside had a ton of momentum going in and robby didn't clear him / didn't know he was going to be there or thought he was going to turn down. Crappy deal that probably cost them both money.

ALLDIRT
08-04-2021, 09:07 AM
Unless its a lucas show, florence is lucky to see 10 to 15 cars for a weekly race anymore. Go back 6 or 7 years we had a lot of good weekly racing. Some weeks now, they don't even race supers. Things have changed for sure. IDK if thats the cost of the sport or what it is, seems like a good place to race. I know I really enjoy it there to watch.Looked like the guy on the outside had a ton of momentum going in and robby didn't clear him / didn't know he was going to be there or thought he was going to turn down. Crappy deal that probably cost them both money.

You know , when your passed by a real slider as the 1AM did to the 21 , and herring
the 1AM up his butt , he would have waited a lap or two to see just how slow he was .
And he did not let of the gas to let the 1AM pass him with that monster slider . Some
drivers show watch videos of a good slide job , and not a bonsai hail Marys , and hope
for the best .