PDA

View Full Version : Drake Troutman Claims Emotional Win at Roaring Knob

Ben Shelton
08-23-2021, 01:50 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 23, 2021

Drake Troutman Claims Emotional Win at Roaring Knob
Sets New Track Record and Wins Modified Feature

HYNDMAN, Pa. (08/23/21) – Drake Troutman claimed his 18th and by far most meaningful win of the season on Friday night. Just a week after losing his father, Drake set a new track record and won the night’s feature in his Smith Transport / RFI Resources No. 7 MB Customs Race Car / Lasalle Racing Engine Modified to Victory Lane at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex.

“We did it, and this one was for my dad,” an emotional Drake Troutman exclaimed after sweeping the Renegades of Dirt Modified event at Roaring Knob Speedway on Friday night. “I had a great race with Eddie Carrier Jr in lapped traffic, and there was just no way I was giving that race up. My dad was the heart, soul, and force behind DTR, and he told us he wanted us back racing ASAP, so we followed his wishes.

“I want to thank all of my friends, family, fans, fellow racers, and my sponsors for their continued support during what has been the most trying of times.”

Drake kicked off his weekend of action on Friday night with the Renegades of Dirt Modifieds at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex (Markleysburg, Pa.). Troutman started the night by lowering his own track record to a time of 17.170 seconds to earn the pole position for the feature.

Battling with Eddie Carrier Jr. throughout the feature, Troutman emerged victorious in the $1,500-to-win affair with Carrier Jr., Colton Shaw, Daniel Hill, and Austin Holcombe.

The following night at Hesston (Pa.) Speedway Drake posted a fifth-place finish in the Dash, which positioned him on the third row for the feature. Clawing forward two spots, Troutman notched a third-place finish. He followed David Stremme and Michael Altobelli across the line with Austin Holcombe and Eddie Carrier Jr. completing the Top-5 finishers.

With his weekend performances Drake further extended his dominant advantage atop the series standings.

For complete results from these events, please visit www.RenegadesOfDirtTour.com .

The team is currently finalizing their upcoming weekend schedule. Once plans are locked down they’ll be posted at www.DrakeTroutmanRacing.com .

Drake Troutman Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Smith Transport, RFI Resources, Wheeler Fleet Solutions, Shaffer Construction, D&R Trucking, Stone Natural Resources, Thunderhill Trucking, Thomas Cumberland, MB Customs Modifieds, LaSalle Racing Engines, Shoe’s Diesel Performance, Glassmere Fuel Service, Rice Tire, Claar’s Notary, Merkel’s Wing and A Prayer, I-65 Transport LLC, Wilson Wraps, CMD Shocks, MB Customs Race Cars, Swift Springs, Legendary Continuation Cars, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Drake Troutman Racing, please visit the team website at www.DrakeTroutmanRacing.com well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/Drake-THE-KID-Troutman-Racing-1924626074232452/, www.twitter.com/RacingDrake and www.instagram.com/troutmandrake/ .