PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Tire Problems at World 100

latemodelman
09-09-2021, 06:33 AM
Was said last night that Hoosier will not have left front tires for the World 100. Also that starting tonight you can only get 2 tires as well and they will be out of tires come Friday and they might not have a shipment for Saturday. This might get interesting

raburke23
09-09-2021, 07:04 AM
Teams were well aware of this, which is why several teams bring their own and why fringe guys didn't come.

ride height
09-09-2021, 08:36 AM
It’s seems completely irresponsible that Hoosier Tire Co wouldn’t have product for EVERYONE at the 50th World 100. The premiere event for dirt racing. So now it’s a tire war for the haves and have nots. How ridiculous, and such a shame for everyone including fans. Whom by the way pay the bills in the long run.

nc mudcat
09-09-2021, 08:43 AM
How is it Hoosier's fault when apparently the problem is getting the resources they need to build the tires?

ride height
09-09-2021, 08:48 AM
How is it Hoosier's fault when apparently the problem is getting the resources they need to build the tires?

Fair question....but couldn’t you use what you rubber you did have to make sure there were tires for the World 100? Ya...maybe go karts midgets etc and such may have to go without for a week.... It just seems like bad planning on their part. Unless of course they are completely out of materials. Which I find hard to believe. But maybe so.

LM1
09-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Unpopular opinion but should have only had one World 100 this year due to tire issue.

B_K
09-09-2021, 10:04 AM
As I sit in my office currently dealing with supply chain issues, lack of raw materials, and complete lunacy in freight costs, I can tell you nobody probably feels worse about it than Hoosier.

Manufacturing is a sh!t show at the moment.

Imported containers of goods cost triple at a MINIMUM compared to Previous prices.
Raw materials are limited and extremely high in cost
Containers, chassis, and ships are at times impossible to secure
If you get those you need labor to get them unloaded which is scarce
You then need skilled labor to make them which is more scarce
Then you need people to warehouse it, and load it
Then you need trucks to actually show up on time to deliver it
After all that you have to pray your customers have enough man power available to get it unloaded

Supply chain used to be a non issue and not really anything as a sales person that was a huge concern of mine. Now it takes up about 80% of my day.

When was the last time you went to the grocery store and they had everything you wanted? The chain is broken and will be for the foreseeable future.

dirty-white-boy
09-09-2021, 10:10 AM
As I sit in my office currently dealing with supply chain issues, lack of raw materials, and complete lunacy in freight costs, I can tell you nobody probably feels worse about it than Hoosier.

Manufacturing is a sh!t show at the moment.

Imported containers of goods cost triple at a MINIMUM compared to Previous prices.
Raw materials are limited and extremely high in cost
Containers, chassis, and ships are at times impossible to secure
If you get those you need labor to get them unloaded which is scarce
You then need skilled labor to make them which is more scarce
Then you need people to warehouse it, and load it
Then you need trucks to actually show up on time to deliver it
After all that you have to pray your customers have enough man power available to get it unloaded

Supply chain used to be a non issue and not really anything as a sales person that was a huge concern of mine. Now it takes up about 80% of my day.

When was the last time you went to the grocery store and they had everything you wanted? The chain is broken and will be for the foreseeable future.

Bingo! Well said. The average joe does not understand it.

HoosierDirtFan
09-09-2021, 10:39 AM
B_K

Thank you
Finally an intelligent answer. This forum is limited in that front.

latemodelman
09-09-2021, 10:44 AM
they even cancelled the CRATE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR September 17 and 18 due to tires

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Left front? I thought they were running 3 LM 20?

nc mudcat
09-09-2021, 02:17 PM
Lots of other races already been cancelled. In my NC area, several asphalt races gone, some fairly large, some weekly events. Fastrak cancelled several big ones, as one was already mentioned. I am at Eldora, and having a ball, but would have supported just one World 100.

NeedforLM$peed
09-09-2021, 02:19 PM
I saw something last week that theirs like 43 container ships (most ever recorded) sitting off the coast of California waiting to unload. And that August jobs report? Brutal.

They really didn't need to run two Dreams and Two Worlds. They still ran replacement events for them last year even though there wasn't fans there. There's other Lucas and WoO events that they could've ran as two day events and not 3 day ones.

weatherman85
09-09-2021, 02:20 PM
Seen the same. Taking much longer to unload the container ships due to lack of workforce to get it done.

slmcrewchief99
09-09-2021, 03:19 PM
I work for that company this based out of Akron. I can tell everyone that it is ALL tire manufacturers that can't produce enough to keep up with the demand. I tell people everyday, if you need tires for yourself, especially if it's 1 spacific tire, don't wait till the last minute. 6 months from now you may not find any. Passenger, light truck, and especially commercial truck tires in certain sizes and tread designs are not available. I miss sales every day because of it. It will get worse before it gets better. The good thing for Hoosier is 1 more month and racing season will slow down and they can slowly start to catch up a little. The other problem is pricing is going up with the demand. I wouldn't be shocked to see tires close to $200 to start off in 2022.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2021, 03:24 PM
I saw something last week that theirs like 43 container ships (most ever recorded) sitting off the coast of California waiting to unload. And that August jobs report? Brutal.

They really didn't need to run two Dreams and Two Worlds. They still ran replacement events for them last year even though there wasn't fans there. There's other Lucas and WoO events that they could've ran as two day events and not 3 day ones.

The replacement events were purposely not called the same name. There was no knowledge last year that we would be in such shape. I am glad the decision was made to carry on.

over4T
09-09-2021, 04:24 PM
A little farther down the food chain the Hoosier Dirt Bozz that is popular in our Pro Stock group is extremely limited in availability. Luckily, we aren't limited to one model or brand of tire but any of the others that work worth a d@mn aren't available either.

If you're looking for trailer tires about the only good one made in the U.S., Goodyear's Endurance, is impossible to find and the big dealers like Tire Rack say it will be March of 2022. Guess the plus is that if you can't get to the track you don't need the race tires either.

obamaracing#1
09-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Unpopular opinion but should have only had one World 100 this year due to tire issue.never thought of that but you are right.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Our pipe for utilities installation is crazy too. Sewer, storm, water, and the prices. We went from quarantine to full tilt ahead and everything is jacked up.

dirtcrazy4u
09-10-2021, 06:00 AM
I live near a port where container ships are unloaded. It's a mess. They have no drivers to make deliveries, so in return they have no place to put containers. A friend was waiting on a shipment of windows, he was told there at the port but it may be up to 6 months before they can get delivery. STOP giving people money unless they work for it.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 08:02 AM
You are right dirt crazy…….it’s like leaving food out for stray cats…..of course they are going to keep coming for the free food instead of going out to find and work for it.

Krooser
09-10-2021, 11:41 PM
There is a worldwide shortage of natural rubber.

Josh Bayko
09-11-2021, 06:32 AM
Street tires in popular sizes are getting hard to get, too.

Apparently the rubber trees have been hit with a virus too.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-11-2021, 07:50 AM
I live near a port where container ships are unloaded. It's a mess. They have no drivers to make deliveries, so in return they have no place to put containers. A friend was waiting on a shipment of windows, he was told there at the port but it may be up to 6 months before they can get delivery. STOP giving people money unless they work for it.Thank God that crap has stopped now. The extra $$$. So hopefully six months or so from now sh!t will iron out.

In my field, I haven’t heard of any staffing issues. Then again, we pay very well. But my wife, she is the boss, and can’t pay better till she gets enough staff to accept more kids, and it’s terrible for her. The incentives they are starting to put out to get people are very good. Even help with college.

The thing these people don’t get is you aren’t paying into SS, you aren’t contributing to a pension, or a 401k, like it’s not good long term. Why I always hated when I’m laid off for more than a month, that’s a vacation, any longer, it sucks.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-11-2021, 07:52 AM
Street tires in popular sizes are getting hard to get, too.

Apparently the rubber trees have been hit with a virus too.I’d heard that about street tires. Thank God I’m ok for now on our vehicles.

CIRF
09-11-2021, 10:01 AM
Larger industrial equipment and agricultural equipment tires are almost impossible to find in our area. I was told by a major Midwest supplier recently that the tires needed to re-tire a farm tractor and/or harvest equipment would not be available until March of 2022 at the earliest. It's safe to say ag and industrial tires are a much higher priority than dirt track racing tires.

84wedge
09-11-2021, 10:29 AM
Do they recycle old race tires or are they garbage when they're done?

TheJet-09
09-11-2021, 01:49 PM
^^^ That's an excellent point, if for nothing more than the environment. Used tires are a probem. You can dispose of them properly (at a tire ficility or something), but I would think any recycling would go into other sources, like asphalt (I'm only guessing) or the rubber used in artificial turf. Some tracks will hunt you down anymore if you leave tires there, and others actually have somewhere to leave them. Wouldn't it be cool if Hoosier took the old ones and did something with them? Of course that would just rise costs somewhere else.

84wedge
09-11-2021, 02:13 PM
I had to look it up. The vulcanization process makes it tough to recycle but it's not impossible. If they can make the oil sands profitable I'm sure they could find a way to recycle tires.

NeedforLM$peed
09-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Just saw an article that there is now 63 container ships sitting off the coast of California now waiting to unload.

samgood
05-19-2022, 12:28 AM
That's why I refused from Hoosier in favor to big o tires (https://big-o-tires.pissedconsumer.com/review.html) . They seemed a bit irresponsible for me, meanwhile the prices for their services are not cheap at all.

d-glenn
05-19-2022, 10:43 AM
If gas and diesel keep going up, who needs tires?

IGNATZ
05-19-2022, 01:54 PM
Bingo! Well said. The average joe does not understand it.

I'm an average "Joe" and I understand perfectly

over4T
05-19-2022, 10:09 PM
Come west where $6 regular gas is the new normal. Diesel around $6.45. Can we get to $7? Don't bet against it.