PDA

View Full Version : No more 4 wheelers at eldora

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 09:13 AM
Yesterday at the Drivers meeting it was told there will be no more 4 wheelers allowed at Eldora. Thanks Bobby Pierce. Also this will hurt the guys in the upper pits.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Like making pizza burgers illegal there because some drunken idiot dropped one on an officials wife……dumb, dumb,dumb.

Guess the guys just bring the tires , tools and jacks down to the hot pits strapped to their backs?

Surely there is a little more to this ruling than just no 4 wheelers in the pits.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 09:26 AM
It wasn’t Bobby’s fault btw……….it never is.

gb81racing
09-10-2021, 09:27 AM
The teams in the upper pits were told they can use four wheelers to get equipment to the infield then they have to park them

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Thank you, figured it had to be something like that…….there’s one team of jackasses that out to be made to just get a pack mule…..let the rest of the responsible adults continue to use the 4 wheelers.

kazual
09-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Typical “a few ruin it for everyone” situation.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 09:34 AM
But it wasn’t their fault.

zyoung25
09-10-2021, 09:48 AM
We would unload our quad, back up to the fence, and never touch it the rest of the weekend. Not taking up for pierce at, a lot of teams do not even use their quads for nothing other than something to stand on to see over the billboards on the front straight.

EvelB7
09-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Guess what, same people will show up with our without 4 wheelers. Eldora will have one less headache to deal with and the insurance company will be pleased. I get it, manage an event like this and you would understand...

Birky.Fan
09-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Oh i didnt know it was Bobby driving the four wheeler in his sleep

CIRF
09-10-2021, 11:02 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Eldora 4-wheeler ban extends to racecars without starters and clutches.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-10-2021, 11:29 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Eldora 4-wheeler ban extends to racecars without starters and clutches.

Sounds dangerous. I wouldn't run those at all.

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 11:35 AM
From what I was told the sprint cars will be allowed to have them since they do not have starters or clutches. Also was told if anyone has a problem to take it up with Bobby Pierce and I was told that they also had problems with another team at the Dream as well. Makes ya wonder. I was told the days of 4 wheelers are over except for sprint cars

misguided1
09-10-2021, 11:59 AM
Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 12:09 PM
Earl also made very questionable calls. Here are examples. 1. Larry Moore showed up at the World 100 and was first in line. When the pits opened his team moved 12 inches and had their front tires of their hauler on the asphalt it mad Earl mad since he had not given them the go ahead to move so he made them get out of line and park until all cars had come in for the event that day. 2. During an event in 1976 he had a driver clubbed by one of his security guards when the driver came up and complained about a bad call. 3. Earl cut purses when the fans in the stands were not to his liking thus drivers threatened to burn the track down a few times. So these are just a few stories.

NeedforLM$peed
09-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.

Banning 4 wheelers is what's wrong with Dirt Late Model racing? It's not the out of control costs?

Rules are rules. The same rules apply whether it's a national tour, regional tour or individual track.

Not sure what your referring to as invitational race. The Dream isn't an invitational race.

Not only are you misguided1 but also misinformed1.

golddirt
09-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Come on people bobby owned and accepted that it was one of his former crew members and he lives with but he knows the rules. Now as far as banning four wheelers I do think that is going a bit far and I do think we will see this rule reversed

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 01:39 PM
Knee jerk because of a few jerks……..makes perfect sense.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Come on people bobby owned and accepted that it was one of his former crew members and he lives with but he knows the rules. Now as far as banning four wheelers I do think that is going a bit far and I do think we will see this rule reversed

He danced around it like it was the mirror ball trophy……….oh no, I was asleep wasn’t me….it was just 1 singular crew member, wasn’t me I was sleeping.

Say what you want…..he needs to accept responsibility for his team and surround himself with more solid people or the excuses…drunken shirt burning…knocking cars off of jack stands with 4 wheelers…parents running out onto tracks…..crew members and family fighting like silver back gorillas in Arizona etc. is just going to continue.
Maybe that’s what Bobby needs to motivate himself, I don’t know but it just seems foolish to keep swimming against the current so hard.

It’s super cool they do it as a family and it’s definitely them against the world mentality , but at some point you look at your family and idiot crew members and yourself.

It just can’t always be everyone else’s fault….nobody is that unlucky.

CIRF
09-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Common logic would dictate that this was the last straw in a series of incidents. I have no idea if that it true but a piece of equipment utilized by nearly every dirt late model team is banned the reason had to be cumulative offenses over a period of time. The potential exposure to liability and the resulting litigation that goes with it must have gone beyond the tipping point.

It's safe to assume Stewart doesn't want to see the inside of a courtroom for civil litigation involving serious injury or death ever again.

golddirt
09-10-2021, 03:27 PM
Bbq Did you read his statement he excepted the responsibility for it because he was the driver was he happy with it no I wouldn’t either and neither would anybody else I’m not a hater and I’m not a nut hugger. And matter fact it don’t affect me one way or another it’s BPR that has to deal with it however they choose to do that

kazual
09-10-2021, 03:37 PM
Liability concerns are likely a tipping point. Drunks and four wheelers are a bad combo. Know in the late 90s there was an association of ATV manufacturers. Always thought if I was a safety guy for an industry and needed a lobbying firm I’d look at who the ATV group used because they have kept the feds at bay. Number of deaths and accidents annually per user is high, as are jet skis.

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 03:40 PM
So now either push the cars to tech or drive them

Highside Hustler25
09-10-2021, 03:41 PM
👏👏👏Now let's get rid of the fn golf carts at some of these events. It's a racetrack. If ya want to drive around with your buddies drinking, go to your closest Jellystone campground.

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 03:42 PM
I did see they allowed 4 wheelers during tech so who knows.

kidrock
09-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Common logic would dictate that this was the last straw in a series of incidents. I have no idea if that it true but a piece of equipment utilized by nearly every dirt late model team is banned the reason had to be cumulative offenses over a period of time. The potential exposure to liability and the resulting litigation that goes with it must have gone beyond the tipping point.

It's safe to assume Stewart doesn't want to see the inside of a courtroom for civil litigation involving serious injury or death ever again.

I agree on all fronts

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 04:38 PM
Now let's get rid of the fn golf carts at some of these events. It's a racetrack. If ya want to drive around with your buddies drinking, go to your closest Jellystone campground.

John Blankenship would appreciate that……

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 04:44 PM
So when is enough enough ??? How many pit incidents, track incidents, truck stop call outs and the like is it going to take before someone admits there is a dam problem here?

Maybe that’s the message woo is sending here…..sux everyone else has to run wind sprints after practice because of one guys actions.
Anyone that’s played any type of organized football will know exactly what I’m talking about.

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 04:57 PM
They dont need 4 wheelers they should be able to pull into their pit area to fix whatever and be given 2 or 3 laps for a flat or whatever and then back to green just like in any other racing.

dirt farmer
09-10-2021, 05:04 PM
I've noticed at tracks down south is kids running around on 4wheelers and nothing to do with pushing a car are hauling tires, just running through the pits.

Billy_the_kid
09-10-2021, 05:08 PM
I've noticed at tracks down south is kids running around on 4wheelers and nothing to do with pushing a car are hauling tires, just running through the pits.That’s Pierce’s fault too

latemodelman
09-10-2021, 05:11 PM
Hate to say it but I dont see Overton's crew acting up, what about T-MAC'S crew? Wait do i see B-Shep's Crew nope. why is it always Pierce? Must be because he is trouble another Bloomer in the making.

EvelB7
09-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Dublin Nc, probably 15 years ago-idiot on 4 wheeler runs wide open into trailer-races stopped and airlifted out. We finished the feature around 4am. My point is it is not just the World, it happens every weekend somewhere.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Dublin Nc, probably 15 years ago-idiot on 4 wheeler runs wide open into trailer-races stopped and airlifted out. We finished the feature around 4am. My point is it is not just the World, it happens every weekend somewhere.

Yep….was at that race.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 07:00 PM
Impossible……nothing is ever his fault.

Sorry Billy.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 07:11 PM
Hate to say it but I dont see Overton's crew acting up, what about T-MAC'S crew? Wait do i see B-Shep's Crew nope. why is it always Pierce? Must be because he is trouble another Bloomer in the making.

It’s not pierce or his team…..it’s never pierce or his team…..just ask them.

It’s normally the brakes fault fwiw.

NeedforLM$peed
09-10-2021, 09:42 PM
I've been to multi day events at different tracks and the rule was that they needed to be parked after the last race of the night.

JimBo
09-10-2021, 09:58 PM
I've been to multi day events at different tracks and the rule was that they needed to be parked after the last race of the night.

Yes, absolutely, this is how the rule should be.

Barbecueboy
09-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I remember some after hours events at the small track on the grounds of volusia one year with some 4 wheelers, side by sides and stuff…….it was kind of a blur but we could hear them hauling butt around the track on them and then what probably was a track person hollering and screaming a little bit later after a few good races.

I get what everyone is saying, they are obviously dangerous and planetpierce aren’t the only ones acting stupid on them.

Krooser
09-10-2021, 11:36 PM
We got jammed up at Hales Corners years ago when we had a 2AM feature with our haulers on the track.

At 141 we hosted a late nite race where you had to exit your car every lap to drink a longneck Miller the get back in and make another lap. Strictly unsanctioned.

Mod Runner
09-11-2021, 02:14 AM
Eldora is not the first track to put restrictions on the use of four wheelers. Other big events have done so before Eldora. You ever try to get some sleep at a track when the four wheelers are buzzing around the pits until 6am ? I can tell you it is not a joy.

Minny Lakes
09-11-2021, 05:00 AM
All tracks should ban 4 wheelers, pit bikes, utvs. Can't you fatties just walk?

kidrock
09-11-2021, 05:22 AM
If you want to get their attention I say give the teams a 1 year suspension if caught on 4-wheelers, side by sides or golf karts a 1/2 hour after the races are over.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-11-2021, 07:42 AM
Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.Lol. Yep, that’s it. Nope, Tony is being smart. He sees the writing on the wall. And none of us know what this idiot with Pierce did. It must have been pretty bad for the Pierce’s of all people to accept it and move on.

Rules are rules. You are with a driver, he is responsible for you, so if you are a moron, and fight etc, he pays the price. Very good incentive to leave the idiots elsewhere.

Earl made some crappy petty calls. Cracks me up, back in my day, wtf ever. No matter the era, stupid decisions are made by us all, no one is perfect. But this was the right move.

And golf carts are in the same boat I hope.

CIRF
09-11-2021, 09:53 AM
Getting dinged for ATV shenanigans is nothing new.

We were out at Perris, CA for the Oval Nationals in November of, '02 or '03 when the Saturday night finale' got rained out. We hung around the pits for an hour or so after they'd called the race and rescheduled for the following night. Ricky Gaunt and another driver whose name escapes me went out on the track, which was pretty muddy by that time, and did a couple of hot laps on 4 wheelers. I believe Don Kazarian was the promoter at that time and still is. He had the two teams load up and leave the property despite the fact that they were both qualified and locked in to start in the A-main finale' the following night. The Ovals is one of the biggest shows on the west coast.

dirtcrazy4u
09-11-2021, 09:55 AM
Does anyone remember the early days of camping at eldora ? Guys would dump there water tanks so we could get 2 vehicles backed up to one another someone would climb down in that mud and slime to hookk the chains up. All hell would break loose, beer cans flew and people would jump on a vehicle for weight to help one win over the other. Sh*t the night was over at the Crack of dawn. Ya it is a rule and I do understand why. But don't act like this is something that doesn't go on at tracks and sporting events everywhere. If you don't want to see or have some fun take your A** and little Johnnie to the hotel and go sit by the pool. Because what you may see at eldora and many other tracks may make little Johnnie want to jack off

fryefan
09-11-2021, 12:50 PM
They, along with golf carts, pit bikes, etc., should be limited at a lot of tracks.

latemodelman
09-11-2021, 01:10 PM
You really dont need ATVS unless your a sprintcar. I say dont allow them and if people are upset screw them

ZERO25
09-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Scales, fummy tires, atv's.......what fiasco is next?

Officials sending wrong cars to scales........oh wait!

dirtcrazy4u
09-11-2021, 02:33 PM
Good one zero