PDA

View Full Version : Where should 4 link rods be mounted on chassis mounts?

Cranky
09-27-2021, 11:30 AM
Where should 4 link rods be mounted on the front chassis mounts? Most cars have about a 3" opening where the 4 link rods mount to the chassis. I would think that since the rear rotates forward on the left side, the 4 link rods should be mounted all the way to the right to not bind up when the rear end is moving around. I have seen them mounted all the way to the right, some in the middle. What is the suggested mounting point for these 4 link rods?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-27-2021, 04:26 PM
Where should 4 link rods be mounted on the front chassis mounts? Most cars have about a 3" opening where the 4 link rods mount to the chassis. I would think that since the rear rotates forward on the left side, the 4 link rods should be mounted all the way to the right to not bind up when the rear end is moving around. I have seen them mounted all the way to the right, some in the middle. What is the suggested mounting point for these 4 link rods?

Keep in mind that the rr compresses a bit and the lr drops a ton during hike. That moves the birdcage top a ton to the left on the lr. Go far enough, compared to the chassis mount, and you are bound up.

I tend to look at things from a hiked up standpoint. Each chassis mfg has instructions for where the chassis mount goes and their shear brackets aren't all in the same place.