PDA

View Full Version : XR and Bellville to race against The Dream in 2022 with $25K and $50K shows

raburke23
10-05-2021, 10:46 AM
What are they doing?
https://racexr.com/super-late-models-to-headline-inaugural-belleville-dirt-nationals-june-5-11-2022-at-the-belleville-high-banks/?fbclid=IwAR21jQGfcghiNC9toFQ369ddRYRy1Eu-d6rxN4PPSceLBPrAcsZtg_L_qw8

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 10:50 AM
I can't wait for this gimmick to go away.

raburke23
10-05-2021, 10:52 AM
I'm sure they will tie a huge bonus again to attendance, I just cant imagine "the biggest SLM drivers" in the country passing up Eldora $125K to win for this. There are so many other dates to choose from, sheesh.

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 11:00 AM
I thought Volusia was the fastest half mile

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 11:07 AM
What makes a legitimate event(s) a gimmick?

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 11:18 AM
What makes a legitimate event(s) a gimmick?

This dude obviously has no business skills. Scheduling on top of high profile national events makes it a gimmick. Why would you even do that to yourself? He has no respect for the sport or anybody in it. It's been obvious what XR is trying to do since day 1. We've seen this song and dance before, no way will XR be a main stay in super late model competition IMO. Texas was a cluster buck, ask the teams that went. The rules changed on the fly. Will there be any national teams left to support him after Vegas? Belleville probably will get cars, but they will be regional guys who were never going to Eldora anyway. It'll be a Malvern Bank field and good for regional teams who don't get to race for that kind of money normally, that's the only positive. By the time June rolls around, all eyes will be on Eldora.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 11:25 AM
This track length conversation has been had many times over without resolution. I've attended both Volusia and The Belleville High Banks many times and Volusia has the appearance of being a bit shorter in length as compared to Belleville. I've measured them both on Google Earth and Volusia measured .43 and Belleville measured .51. If I can believe my own eyes and Google Earth VSP is not a true half mile, but that is only my observation.

Back on topic, I very much hope The High Banks can make a go of this event. Belleville is a very nice little town and the racetrack/fairgrounds is a main focal point of the community much like the racetrack/fairgrounds is the main focal point of Fairbury, Illinois. During the North Central Kansas Free Fair and the Belleville Midget Nationals that was traditionally run during the fair it was clearly apparent that the town and surrounding community of Belleville, Kansas is 100% behind the racing activities. Might even plan on making the 9 hour trip out to Kansas for this one!

fryefan
10-05-2021, 11:27 AM
Personally, I don't see a problem with it. As the previous poster indicated it will give drivers who were probably not going to Eldora anyway a chance to make some good money. Also, from a fan standpoint, it gives fans in that region who are not going to Eldora anyway, a good paying race to watch.

raburke23
10-05-2021, 11:32 AM
You won't get the Moran's, Bloomquists, Davenports, Stricklers, etc to forgo Eldora

CIRF
10-05-2021, 11:40 AM
This dude obviously has no business skills. Scheduling on top of high profile national events makes it a gimmick. Why would you even do that to yourself? He has no respect for the sport or anybody in it. It's been obvious what XR is trying to do since day 1. We've seen this song and dance before, no way will XR be a main stay in super late model competition IMO. Texas was a cluster buck, ask the teams that went. The rules changed on the fly. Will there be any national teams left to support him after Vegas? Belleville probably will get cars, but they will be regional guys who were never going to Eldora anyway. It'll be a Malvern Bank field and good for regional teams who don't get to race for that kind of money normally, that's the only positive. By the time June rolls around, all eyes will be on Eldora.

It is clearly obvious to all that the premier events staged at Eldora are going to get the most attention by teams and interested spectators, alike. But again, I've been to both tracks many times and when it comes to shear bad-ass Eldora takes a back seat to The High Banks hands down. No possible way will Belleville hurt The Dream in regards to quantity of spectators or quality of participants. I know very little of the group that is to promote the deal at The High Banks but when all the lore of the facility, track and the partying is peeled away Belleville compares quite favorably to Eldora, without the dust and glazing over and/or rubbering up of the track.

dirty-white-boy
10-05-2021, 11:49 AM
Racers are dumb. Look at all the cars that drove by Knoxville to get to Texas to chase the cash there! Arguably the 2nd most popular dirt track in the country and a race that use to mean something. Sure they complain about Texas but racers are also forgetful when you dangle money in front of them.

Soon, The Dream will be just like Knoxville Nationals, The Pittsburgher and others are now and just another 35 to 40 car Lucas Oil race.

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 11:50 AM
It is clearly obvious to all that the premier events staged at Eldora are going to get the most attention by teams and interested spectators, alike. But again, I've been to both tracks many times and when it comes to shear bad-ass Eldora takes a back seat to The High Banks hands down. No possible way will Belleville hurt The Dream in regards to quantity of spectators or quality of participants. I know very little of the group that is to promote the deal at The High Banks but when all the lore of the facility, track and the partying is peeled away Belleville compares quite favorably to Eldora, without the dust and glazing over and/or rubbering up of the track.

Eldora will have the drivers, the prestige, the fans, the legacy, etc. I also know that FLO Racing will knock it out of the park with their broadcast. No knocks on Belleville, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Would love to experience the speed of the place one day. My gripe is with the XR crew and ring leader, and while Belleville doesn't hurt Eldora, there has to be some sort of level of respect for events such as the World, Dream, Knoxville, North/South, DTWC, etc.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Personally, I don't see a problem with it. As the previous poster indicated it will give drivers who were probably not going to Eldora anyway a chance to make some good money. Also, from a fan standpoint, it gives fans in that region who are not going to Eldora anyway, a good paying race to watch.You make a couple of very compelling points, fryefan.

Eldora will have the drivers, the prestige, the fans, the legacy, etc. I also know that FLO Racing will knock it out of the park with their broadcast. No knocks on Belleville, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Would love to experience the speed of the place one day. My gripe is with the XR crew and ring leader, and while Belleville doesn't hurt Eldora, there has to be some sort of level of respect for events such as the World, Dream, Knoxville, North/South, DTWC, etc.My intent is not to demean the point you're making but if the tables were turned do you really believe Stewart would have the least bit of respect for any of the events you mentioned? The answer to that question is obvious.

As I said, I know nothing of the promotional group handling the Belleville event but if they can make a go of it then more power to them. I for one might just take a ride out to Kansas to attend this event since we've never witnessed dirt late models at The High Banks. It'll give us an opportunity and give us cause to spend time reuniting and hanging with friends from the Midget Nationals days!!

Action10
10-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Soon, The Dream will be just like Knoxville Nationals, The Pittsburgher and others are now and just another 35 to 40 car Lucas Oil race.Did I miss something or are you pulling a major line out of your back side? Please, step away from the bottle.....

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 12:25 PM
Did I miss something or are you pulling a major line out of your back side? Please, step away from the bottle.....

It's well known that white boy is an extreme over exaggerator.

LM1
10-05-2021, 12:43 PM
The fact that the press release include the statement that they expect to attract the biggest late model drivers in the country tells me someone is butt hurt. XR wouldn't even let Flo/DoD show a race recap on their site like they do for every other big LM race in the country. I don't know the back story but the scheduling almost seems intentional. I agree with the other posters that its far enough away where not a big deal but someone definitely wants to cause a stir.

dirty-white-boy
10-05-2021, 01:00 PM
It's well known that white boy is an extreme over exaggerator.

How so? Debate me!!!!

The Dream had 63 cars this year (another big race with declining car count). Take a dozen away its down to 50 which is possible when XR does what they do, it makes someone else down south say yea I can do that too, Im putting up 20k to win and so on. Take 20 cars away which is very possible and its just another race in the world of Dirt Late Models that happens to pay 6 figures. Remember, 6 figures used to be a big deal but its really not anymore.

The fact that the press release include the statement that they expect to attract the biggest late model drivers in the country tells me someone is butt hurt. XR wouldn't even let Flo/DoD show a race recap on their site like they do for every other big LM race in the country. I don't know the back story but the scheduling almost seems intentional. I agree with the other posters that its far enough away where not a big deal but someone definitely wants to cause a stir.

Of course its intentional! As was putting 50k against Knoxville. And 50k against Brownstown.

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 01:16 PM
How so? Debate me!!!!

The Dream had 63 cars this year (another big race with declining car count). Take a dozen away its down to 50 which is possible when XR does what they do, it makes someone else down south say yea I can do that too, Im putting up 20k to win and so on. Take 20 cars away which is very possible and its just another race in the world of Dirt Late Models that happens to pay 6 figures. Remember, 6 figures used to be a big deal but its really not anymore.

Of course its intentional! As was putting 50k against Knoxville. And 50k against Brownstown.

The car counts were down at Eldora because some teams did not want to be there for 4 days. Add in the tire problems, etc and you have what you have. Next season, I'd imagine it'll go back to 3 days and the car count to what it was two years ago.

The XR event isn't going to pull more than 3-4 cars away from Eldora. That event will be made up of Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Nebraska drivers that weren't going to Eldora in the first place. There's your debate.

dirty-white-boy
10-05-2021, 01:23 PM
The car counts were down at Eldora because some teams did not want to be there for 4 days. Add in the tire problems, etc and you have what you have. Next season, I'd imagine it'll go back to 3 days and the car count to what it was two years ago.

The XR event isn't going to pull more than 3-4 cars away from Eldora. That event will be made up of Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Nebraska drivers that weren't going to Eldora in the first place. There's your debate.

I got a Benjamin and a Florence Watertower bobble head that says you are wrong.

TDRacin®
10-05-2021, 01:38 PM

Has Belleville ever run a LM event?

CIRF
10-05-2021, 01:48 PM

If a portion of the XR groups' objective is to disrespect Stewart and his dusty, glazed over/rubbered-up track prep (I'll bet a buck or two right now that The High Banks won't be dusty, glazed over or rubbered up) then so be it and I'm all for it. In all probability the attempt at disrespect will fall flat but the perceived intent is admirable, nonetheless! If disrespect overshadows the desire to make money then whatever economic consequences come their way is earned. I hardly believe that to be the case.

I am good friends with several people that live in Belleville, Kansas who stand to monetarily benefit from this event and I very much hope they do! Who the promoter is or their motive for scheduling it the weekend that they did is of no concern.

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 01:53 PM
If a portion of the XR groups' objective is to disrespect Stewart and his dusty, glazed over/rubbered-up track prep (I'll bet a buck or two right now that The High Banks won't be dusty, glazed over or rubbered up) then so be it and I'm all for it. In all probability the attempt at disrespect will fall flat but the perceived intent is admirable, nonetheless! If disrespect overshadows the desire to make money then whatever economic consequences come their way is earned. I hardly believe that to be the case.

I am good friends with several people that live in Belleville, Kansas who stand to monetarily benefit from this event and I very much hope they do! Who the promoter is or their motive for scheduling it the weekend that they did is of no concern.

I'm not sure why you keep quoting me talking about track prep. I haven't mentioned track prep one time. None of my argument has anything to do with track prep.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what this XR guy is doing. He's already scheduled on top of Eldora, Lucas, WoO/WRG, FLO. He's not making any friends. There's not enough room for XR at the table.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 02:00 PM
Yes they have TDRacing. It's been a while, though. IIRC the last time DLM's ran at The High Banks was 2008. I do know for sure that Billy Moyer Sr. holds the SDLM track record.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure why you keep quoting me talking about track prep. I haven't mentioned track prep one time. None of my argument has anything to do with track prep.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what this XR guy is doing. He's already scheduled on top of Eldora, Lucas, WoO/WRG, FLO. He's not making any friends. There's not enough room for XR at the table.I'll try to clear it up for you. You're the one who is holding all things Eldora in the highest esteem and other than the lore, the history and the party there is little that is superior to Belleville. I mention track prep because it warrants disrespect by whoever is dishing it out and I'm sure the Belleville track will be far superior in that regard. I've attended both facilities many times. Have you? I didn't think so.

If this event Belleville event doesn't interest you and you have no monetary stake in either event then it's puzzling as to why the disdain and concern for your perceived lack of respect by the promoter. Did this XR outfit piss in your breakfast cereal? LOL!

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2021, 02:26 PM
Guy is an idiot, yeah I’ll say it.

Eldora was really good on Saturday of the World 100. Guys are just so equal. Cushion, moisture, etc.

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea IF you do what Flo is doing and schedule them NOT against bigger races.

It will flop, the names will be at Eldora.

I wouldn’t bash Belleville, I know it’s a good joint. Just as I still see Eldora as a great place. But good fukin luck.

If I was Tony, $300k to win, $10k to start, F off.

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 02:37 PM
Still not sure how it's a gimmick. A gimmick is a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity or business. The tracks aren't an hour apart and one event pays $75k more. Let the drivers and owners decide. I say "Race On".

dirty-white-boy
10-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Look at the money they just put up for 8 nights at Bristol!

They are the AirBnB of Dirt right now, big disrupter!

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 03:00 PM
I'll try to clear it up for you. You're the one who is holding all things Eldora in the highest esteem and other than the lore, the history and the party there is little that is superior to Belleville. I mention track prep because it warrants disrespect by whoever is dishing it out and I'm sure the Belleville track will be far superior in that regard. I've attended both facilities many times. Have you? I didn't think so.

If this event Belleville event doesn't interest you and you have no monetary stake in either event then it's puzzling as to why the disdain and concern for your perceived lack of respect by the promoter. Did this XR outfit piss in your breakfast cereal? LOL!

CIRF, I've always thought you were one of the better posters on here. Not sure what your problem is today but I've got time to bite.

It would be no different than someone scheduling on top of one of your beloved "crown jewel" sprint car races. Lets use the Knoxville nationals for example, how well would it be perceived if some moron out east ran a $50,000 to win show against the 410 Knoxville Nationals? I'm going to assume not real well.

As far as Eldora, I'll never deny my love for that place. I've been going there for 23 years. I'm only 30. I don't have to tell you how important Eldora is to DLM racing. I also don't know how we got on the subject of track prep, especially since I never once mentioned it, heck I'd agree it hasn't been the best lately. That doesn't take away the fact it's Eldora. I not once downgraded Belleville's track. I even said I'd love to go some day. Have I been? No, considering it's better than 15 hours away. Thanks for throwing that little elbow in there even though I'm not sure why it was needed. One doesn't have to attend a track to discuss the ramifications of scheduling on top of big time events.

I don't know how much you keep up with the DLM landscape (clearly not as much as some) so let me lay it out for you like I'm teaching a child. It's not smart to schedule on top of events, especially considering the events that they're scheduling against. It's not just Eldora, it was Knoxville, among others, and there's more coming. Eldora will be fine, I'm not worried about that, but the other events they're running on top of could cause problems. You've admitted you don't know the current XR group and that's obvious, I'll leave it at that, just do a little research before you fire at me.

raburke23
10-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Pretty hard to compare Bellville to Eldora for track prep when Bellville hasn't hosted a SLM race in nearly 15 years. Track prep for other divisions is very different.

raburke23
10-05-2021, 03:15 PM
And noone is knockings the idea, the track, the town or the race. Its simply wild to me to schedule on top of the Dream and then say you are going to pull in the best SLM drivers in the country.

ChrisNunn
10-05-2021, 03:24 PM
I think the Dream has become a race that you can schedule against, its the race at Eldora that not everyone goes to anymore. Scheduling against the World, used to be taboo, and UMP would basically shut you down for it.

I dont see this as a big deal. Its just more money for a team to win on the weekend. Hopefully a lower funded team gets the big payout, some of those little teams deserve it. Look at Joseph Joiner for example...50K to that team is amazing. Just think if a Tony Jackson, Jr., Mason Oberkramer, Tyler Bruening, Tad Pospisil, or someone like that takes home 50K?

This just means we get two big shows to watch on the big screen

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Car counts have declined whether or not a race is scheduled against it. Majority that used to go just to go and say they tried to make the main event are out spent and look for other events.

thexfactor0210
10-05-2021, 03:44 PM
I think it is awesome to have another 50k race so far away and help some other drivers earn money. This race event will be huge for that community, track, and drivers in the tegion. Say what you want about the XR deal but it cool to add so many high paying events to places that don't normally have late models. The more money for drivers the better IMO

thexfactor0210
10-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Another thing. If this creates competion and forces Eldora to keep upping there purses then that is a good thing!!!

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Another thing. If this creates competion and forces Eldora to keep upping there purses then that is a good thing!!!

I agree with that. Could be a very good thing.

TDRacin®
10-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Pretty hard to compare Bellville to Eldora for track prep when Bellville hasn't hosted a SLM race in nearly 15 years. Track prep for other divisions is very different.

This is what I'm trying to figure out. Trying to compare apples to oranges isn't an argument. Strange concept.

cjsracing
10-05-2021, 03:56 PM
Race XR is butt hurt and intentionality scheduling against big events because certain tracks wouldn't work with him due to his untrustworthiness.

thexfactor0210
10-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Look at racexr.com for their 2022 schedule. HUGE money. Big streaming money and they are putting it back in.

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 04:08 PM

Only if it pays better for second on back also

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 04:15 PM
I never understood bashing people such as Cody Sommer or the people putting on these racexr events. They're the ones putting there money and reputation on the line to hold unique events. If you can do better then start up something yourself.

billetbirdcage
10-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Also, starting in 2022, all 20 of these events will be officially sanctioned as XRSS races with a newly established rulebook and a full-time, in-house technical inspection team.

How different is the rule book gonna be? could be a good thing or make it worst

Big Daddy 37
10-05-2021, 04:23 PM

Ummm, they already have been.

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 04:53 PM
I never understood bashing people such as Cody Sommer or the people putting on these racexr events. They're the ones putting there money and reputation on the line to hold unique events. If you can do better then start up something yourself.

The problem isn’t that he’s creating big events. I’m good with more drivers making money, they need it. The problem is since day 1 he’s deliberately stepping on people toes, trying to create issues.

HoosierDirtFan
10-05-2021, 05:13 PM
RACE XR - 2022 Schedule for Super Late Models as of now.
Per their website - https://racexr.com/events/

If I read their website correctly

Bristol Dirt Nationals - Top Point earner will get $100,000
March 23 - $25,000 to win
March 24 - $25,000 to win
March 25 - $25,000 to win
March 26 - $25,000 to win
April 1 - $25,000 to win
April 2 - $25,000 to win

Colossal 100
May 8 - $ TBA
May 9 - $ TBA
May 10 - $ TBA
May 11 - $ TBA
May 12 - $ TBA
May 13 - $ TBA
May 14 - $ TBA

Belleville Dirt Nationals
June 5 - $ TBA
June 6 - $ TBA
June 7 - $ TBA
June 8 - $ TBA
June 9 - $ TBA
June 10 - $25,000
June 11 - $50,000

Fever Heat 100
July 10 - $25,000
July 11 - $25,000
July 12 - $25,000
July 13 - $25,000

HoosierDirtFan
10-05-2021, 05:16 PM
I'm assuming from what we've all see so far there are more of these announcements coming.

Drop Shock
10-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Hope this guy is okay with 20 car fields at most of these shows. The regional racer that works 9-5 were the guys that used to fill out the fields in these big money races. You can’t have a normal job and go to these races lol

Dlmfan123
10-05-2021, 06:05 PM
These events are cool and all but your gonna have to sit tthrew 10 different classes to watch super late models. And for me personally I have no interest in that.

HoosierDirtFan
10-05-2021, 06:10 PM
RACEXR.com Super Series

https://i.imgur.com/HQMkvmM.jpg

kidrock
10-05-2021, 06:13 PM
I just don't understand all the fuss about someone running against Eldora. This gives drivers and fans who would never go to Eldora in the first place a chance for some good money and for fans to see some good racing. More power to the promoters. Now lets see what they do and will they be respected once all said and done or will the drivers and fans say enough already.

NeedforLM$peed
10-05-2021, 06:22 PM
I just don't understand all the fuss about someone running against Eldora. This gives drivers and fans who would never go to Eldora in the first place a chance for some good money and for fans to see some good racing. More power to the promoters. Now lets see what they do and will they be respected once all said and done or will the drivers and fans say enough already.

That's what I say. Stepping on someone's "toes" would be paying $125k to win at Belleville.

Race on!!!

Texas and Oklahoma play Saturday at Noon. Should no other games be played until it's over?

CIRF
10-05-2021, 06:31 PM
It would be no different than someone scheduling on top of one of your beloved "crown jewel" sprint car races. Lets use the Knoxville nationals for example, how well would it be perceived if some moron out east ran a $50,000 to win show against the 410 Knoxville Nationals? I'm going to assume not real well.

They're not particularly my "crown jewel" sprint races. I've never attended the Knoxville Nationals. Someone scheduling against a "crown jewel" race of any division can be perceived as a moron but to take it as a personal affront with no monetary involvement could also be perceived as a bit over dramatic. If the guy promoting the Belleville event is doing what he's doing with a vendetta towards Stewart and Eldora then he'd better be cognizant of the possibility of getting his ass handed to him. I'd bet he/they is/are. Either way it's of no concern to me other than my personal hope for good fortune to come the way of my Belleville friends and that community.

One doesn't have to attend a track to discuss the ramifications of scheduling on top of big time events.We agree on that count but again, it's a mystery as to why all the consternation given that you're positively sure the Belleville event is destined for failure. The respect you feel is lacking will certainly be regained by the people who dare disrespect the "sacred cow" that follows having their metaphoric ass handed to them.

If you want to get into personal Eldora legacy I've attended as many World's as you have and I attended the very first Dream and several after that. For what it's worth and in spite of the fact that no one here cares and there is no reason they should, to this day I still own the exact same tickets I originally ordered the first time I ever attended the World so I understand the perceived "mystique" of the World. I might actually use those tickets again sometime but for now and reason's unrelated to the racing we wait for 2 weeks past the World to enjoy the "mystique" that is Eldora.

I don't know how much you keep up with the DLM landscape (clearly not as much as some) so let me lay it out for you like I'm teaching a child. It's not smart to schedule on top of events, especially considering the events that they're scheduling against. It's not just Eldora, it was Knoxville, among others, and there's more coming. Eldora will be fine, I'm not worried about that, but the other events they're running on top of could cause problems. You've admitted you don't know the current XR group and that's obvious, I'll leave it at that, just do a little research before you fire at me.I certainly appreciate your patience as an expert we all know you to be in spoon feeding someone as unlearned as I as to the nuances of DLM racing promotion, ect. LOL!

I'm not firing at you. I don't have nearly enough credibility regarding dirt late model racing promotion to fire at the likes of you. I just don't care who's promoting what as long as the product on the track is good and it's affordable and I have no monetary position in the mix other than buying an admission ticket. It's business, survival of the fittest, and if this XR outfit can make a go of it scheduling against sacred cows then they're adequately fit. Right? If personal preferences gleaned from personal experience were my criteria for what races to support then I'd never set foot on Eldora or Mighty Macon property again. They're not.

I'm actually a bit ashamed that I spent time from my evening to respond to such triviality. But I figure I didn't want let the thought and time go to waste conceding your vast superiority in matters that have so little effect on my existence and the existence of dirt late model racing! LOL!

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 06:41 PM
CIRF, maybe you need to go back and re read your post. I simply asked you why you brought track prep into the discussion. You started taking jabs while I was trying to have a civil debate. I wouldn’t have brought my Eldora experience into the equation had you not boasted about going to Eldora and telling me I’ve never been to Belleville. Why was that even needed? Who is the one being childish again? Maybe by the time I’m 65, I’ll be lucky enough to attend half the amount of tracks you have. I just don’t know why you got your panties wadded up. Maybe it’s because you’ve made it known over the years you don’t care for Tony. Either way, it doesn’t matter to me. I appreciate you acknowledging my DLM brilliance. Have a good one.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 06:56 PM
It must be me! LOL! Guilty as charged, I reckon.

I hope when I'm 65 I've doubled the number of tracks I've been to! That's a goal worth aspiring to!!

What sort of dedicated dirt late model fan wouldn't boast about the tracks and events they've attended? LOL!!

I was never uncivil, just stated facts and if I was inaccurate in any way I'll humbly stand corrected.

I'm plum outa' desire and creativity so that's the best I can do for now. LOL!!

over4T
10-05-2021, 06:59 PM
That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule.

Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing.

CIRF
10-05-2021, 07:05 PM
That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule.

Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing.

Ahhh, wise words from a guy that's actually been involved to a much higher degree than planting their ass on a bleacher seat, like me!! Bravo Over!!

kidrock
10-05-2021, 07:16 PM
That's what I say. Stepping on someone's "toes" would be paying $125k to win at Belleville.

Race on!!!

Texas and Oklahoma play Saturday at Noon. Should no other games be played until it's over?

Agreed............................................ ........

zyoung25
10-05-2021, 07:41 PM
These events are cool and all but your gonna have to sit tthrew 10 different classes to watch super late models. And for me personally I have no interest in that.

My thoughts exactly.

The 8 days at Bristol seems like a financial nightmare for race teams . Nobody is going to want to race at that place for 8 days in March. Nobody wanted to race there for 2 days in March and April this year.

Pennsboro32
10-05-2021, 07:53 PM

Race on!!!

I don’t recall any other football games being played on CFB championship night or super bowl Sunday..

Dlmfan123
10-05-2021, 08:10 PM
My thoughts exactly. The 8 days at Bristol seems like a financial nightmare for race teams . Nobody is going to want to race at that place for 8 days in March. Nobody wanted to race there for 2 days in March and April this year.With the 8 days at Bristol the engine part shortage is never gonna end😂

fryefan
10-05-2021, 11:07 PM

You hit the nail squarely on the head. If it were an hour or two from Eldora, then that is a different issue. There are more than enough cars and fans to support both events.

kidrock
10-06-2021, 05:19 AM
You hit the nail squarely on the head. If it were an hour or two from Eldora, then that is a different issue. There are more than enough cars and fans to support both events.

I agree if it was closer to Eldora someone would probably be losing money and it wouldn't be Eldora.

BTExpress
10-06-2021, 08:21 AM
What is the racing background of Barry Braun the owner of X.CELLERATED, does anyone know?

weatherman85
10-06-2021, 08:58 AM
It's his money and his backers to loose if they do. I'm all for new events and opportunities. Agreed that if this was just a couple of hours away, then it'd be a much bigger issue. Not real sure why this is such a big issue. Eldora is going to be just fine fan wise. We all know in this day and age it doesn't matter if 20, 50, or 100 cars show up to the dream. Once they unload only 5-8 teams have a legit shot of winning. The last "Surprise" winner IMO would be either Erb Jr. or Casebolt back in 07.

cjsracing
10-06-2021, 09:22 AM
What is the racing background of Barry Braun the owner of X.CELLERATED, does anyone know?

Professional Swindler

LM1
10-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Looks like they changed the Texas dates next year so won't be same weekend as Knoxville.

PushinDad
10-06-2021, 11:59 AM
That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule. Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing. Stuart is owned by Mike Van Genderen who has been an instrumental part of the XR team. He is a master at acquiring sponsors, my guess is he has it figured out. The dates for the four days changed from when this was originally announced. For sure, it is an aggressive idea.

spinout05
10-06-2021, 01:38 PM
I won’t comment on an XR agenda or anything like that because I don’t know. Living an hour from Texas Motor Speedway, I was pretty excited to have some good dirt late model racing close to home. Having said that, the TMS show last month was very disappointing. (That has already been documented.)

I heard about the tire rules being changed on the fly. Combine that with the tire shortage, and you put additional stress on teams that traveled a long way to compete.

From a fan perspective, the SLM race format was sliced in half, so we didn’t get what was advertised. In the end, they only raced 30 laps for 50 grand. The track had so many laps on it all week, that it was junk 10 or 12 laps into the feature. Became a freight train after that.

That in itself is a recipe for not getting top talent to come back. Oh, and you are charging fans up to $5 for a bottle of water. I understand that’s likely not XR’s fault. But it all adds up to a lousy fan experience.

All I am saying is this: Do better! If you are going to put on a top-rate, high-paying show, do better. Drivers and fans won’t come back (especially to Texas) if you don’t get your act together.

HoosierDirtFan
10-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Just Announced on the XR Facebook page. - Same guy that ran the Bristol Dirt Nationals back in March of this year Barry Braun.

Las Vegas Dirt Nationals
Full article in link below.

https://racexr.com/events/las-vegas-dirt-nationals/

Event to Feature Five Classes Brand New to the Desert Half-Mile Venue

LAS VEGAS (October 6, 2021) – X.CELERATED announces the inaugural Las Vegas Dirt Nationals event will take place on January 18-22, 2022 at The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The five-day Las Vegas Dirt Nationals event will be headlined by the Open Modified class, which will utilize a similar ruleset Open Modifieds use at the Karl Kustoms Bristol Dirt Nationals at Bristol Motor Speedway. The acceptable rules packages include those from USRA, USMTS, WISSOTA or UMP Modified.

A hybrid Sprint Car class modeled after the Texas-based Bandits Outlaw Sprint Car Series will join the event as a supporting class along with the fan-favorite Dwarf Cars, West Coast Sport Compacts and Hobby Stocks.

After multiple attempts to hold a 2021 Spring event from The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway were derailed due to COVID-19 restrictions, XR Events is establishing this new annual event. The new Las Vegas Dirt Nationals will give Midwest racers a respite from the cold weather and new winter destination to kick off their racing seasons.

Full event details for the Las Vegas Dirt Nationals will be available soon. For event information, visit: www.lasvegasdirtnationals.com.

NeedforLM$peed
10-06-2021, 03:08 PM
Post #67

Why would Eldora have to pay more to win when they already pay more than half of what the other event will pay?

Highside Hustler25
10-06-2021, 06:09 PM
I've heard a few guys say they welcome the extra events. More chances and better odds of making money. Same thing with 2 National series.

JabberJaws83
10-06-2021, 08:13 PM
Eight nights in a row at Bristol? Good luck keeping cars

weatherman85
10-06-2021, 10:11 PM
If Eldora REALLY wants to increase car counts, they’d be better off taking a Million and dividing it up through the field. The first one dropped from $1,000,000 to $50,000 for 2nd. That’s a 95% drop off in payout. Spread that through the field as only the same 6 - 8 teams are going to have a true shot at winning it.

Drop Shock
10-06-2021, 11:24 PM
The world 100 and the dream payouts are already the best in the sport, I don’t get the thinking on Eldora needing to pay more money

dirtcrazy4u
10-07-2021, 05:42 AM
What I see is tracks that you need big HP to run up front. I don't see how teams can do it. Motor expenses are an issue for some teams after speedweeks in Florida. This will be interesting to see how many team owners are going to say we are off tour to save equipment for these big money shows. There is not enough top tier talent to be split 3 ways.

LM1
10-07-2021, 08:26 AM
Bristol is not 8 nights in a row for Super LM's.

play4kps
10-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Lets keep it real, there is only 7 or 8 cars capable of winning the dream or world with the track in its current state. They did lay new clay down so we will see!

NeedforLM$peed
10-07-2021, 11:15 AM
I guess posting facts about how a few other events have similar payouts throughout the field compared to the World will get your post deleted. I see my response to post #73 disappeared.

RacerZ
10-07-2021, 12:12 PM
☝Must be a glitch in the system? Happens to me alot...
Just re-post it...

Action10
10-07-2021, 12:22 PM
There is not enough top tier talent to be split 3 ways.Be careful, people on here will start losing their minds about only going to see stars instead of quality racing... I agree with you and think that the current state of the WoO series shows that the top shelf talent is already thin on that tour.

LM1
10-07-2021, 12:40 PM
The XR owner posted on FB to Keep your timelines open, adjustments coming. I think the Belleville date might be changing? Crazy as it is I think its very possible that they didn't even consider the Dream dates when they scheduled this.

Krooser
10-07-2021, 01:20 PM
When I started my traditional hot rod show here in Wisconsin all I heard was I couldnt schedule against Bonneville Speed Week or Sturgis. I guess the 28,000 people that showed up didnt get the memo.

Running a DLM race 800 miles apart isnt an issue.

There are only so many weekends each year. As long as the fans are entertained thats all we can hope for.

Pennsboro32
10-07-2021, 01:35 PM
When I started my traditional hot rod show here in Wisconsin all I heard was I couldnt schedule against Bonneville Speed Week or Sturgis. I guess the 28,000 people that showed up didnt get the memo.

Running a DLM race 800 miles apart isnt an issue.

There are only so many weekends each year. As long as the fans are entertained thats all we can hope for.

That's great, however, nobody is comparing fan count. Apples to oranges my friend.

My entire argument has been about the future outlook of the sport more so than even Belleville vs Eldora.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Everyone actually had the option to run 2 days, however. That's actually more doable than 3. The tire situation may have scared some away, but I feel the setup was actually easier.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 01:39 PM
That's great, however, nobody is comparing fan count. Apples to oranges my friend.

My entire argument has been about the future outlook of the sport more so than even Belleville vs Eldora.

The more we fractionalize it, spread around the influence of various decision makers, the better off we will be.

Pennsboro32
10-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Everyone actually had the option to run 2 days, however. That's actually more doable than 3. The tire situation may have scared some away, but I feel the setup was actually easier.

I think a handful of teams did go the last two days. Maybe more teams should have done that. I just know that there were two race programs that live within 30 min of me that didn't go because they couldn't get enough help to be there for four days or felt that 4 days was too much, and one of them that I sponsor had tire concerns.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 01:51 PM
I think a handful of teams did go the last two days. Maybe more teams should have done that. I just know that there were two race programs that live within 30 min of me that didn't go because they couldn't get enough help to be there for four days or felt that 4 days was too much, and one of them that I sponsor had tire concerns.

I believe that. I think more people should have thought outside the box a little and recognized them as separate events. I think the 3 day deal has pushed a few out and I thought this was a chance to get a few back in, if they approached it that way.

Buford.Justice
10-07-2021, 02:09 PM
Here is a video of LM racing at Belleville.

https://youtu.be/XSygL4LzgOo

Faster and larger than Eldora. Not nearly as slick and dusty also.

Action10
10-07-2021, 02:11 PM
The more we fractionalize it, spread around the influence of various decision makers, the better off we will be.I'm not sure I agree... Where does this stop? Each track and series having it's own distinct set of body, engine, and tire rules to the point where they aren't even close to each other would be a major problem.

Pennsboro32
10-07-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure I agree... Where does this stop? Each track and series having it's own distinct set of body, engine, and tire rules to the point where they aren't even close to each other would be a major problem.

Agree, there aren't enough supers in the country to start dividing them up with rule changes, 3 National series, etc. It could have gotten bad in 2004, but there were enough cars back then to make it through. in 2021, I'm not so sure. Has NDRL written all over it to me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure I agree... Where does this stop? Each track and series having it's own distinct set of body, engine, and tire rules to the point where they aren't even close to each other would be a major problem.

We are headed down a horrible path now. We need a group to have the freedom to fix things and for others to see they are right.

When the wedges were killed, we had wedge and non wedge for a time. Then people were able to see the light.

The fixation on having a big series to cater to 15 guys is a huge detriment to the sport as a whole. Those people are gonna race regardless of the hand holding they receive.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Agree, there aren't enough supers in the country to start dividing them up with rule changes, 3 National series, etc. It could have gotten bad in 2004, but there were enough cars back then to make it through. in 2021, I'm not so sure. Has NDRL written all over it to me.

The long slow path to ruin is no plan for the future. A forest fire is needed every now and then to allow new trees to take root.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2021, 03:39 PM

It's a problem that I had to gut and rebuild a perfectly good race car because Ken Kenneda, Jason Durham, and Steve Francis didn't want to send one of their guys home at any point in 2010 thru present time.

I'm running local and regional stuff. Why should their lack of enforcement force me to race a maximum down force wedge car? Why should I have suspension parts obsoleted because they fear Rumley? It makes no sense.

That's essentially the same thing as different rules at different places. Your car is right, then it isn't competitive the next month.

Action10
10-07-2021, 04:57 PM
We are headed down a horrible path now. We need a group to have the freedom to fix things and for others to see they are right.When the wedges were killed, we had wedge and non wedge for a time. Then people were able to see the light.The fixation on having a big series to cater to 15 guys is a huge detriment to the sport as a whole. Those people are gonna race regardless of the hand holding they receive.
The long slow path to ruin is no plan for the future. A forest fire is needed every now and then to allow new trees to take root.Not saying you are wrong about changes being needed in the sport. Just noting that splintering the sport is not the best way to do it IMO... The complete dismantling of dlm racing is not a good idea at this point either because I don't think it would come back. A fraction of the total racing fans would be upset about it, but then life would go on without it. Maybe another class gets bigger and fills a part of the void, but I can't imagine a situation where a tour is racing street stocks for $12,000 to win every week.

Pennsboro32
10-07-2021, 05:28 PM
The sport is already too far gone.

ZERO25
10-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Guy is an idiot, yeah I’ll say it.

Eldora was really good on Saturday of the World 100. Guys are just so equal. Cushion, moisture, etc.

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea IF you do what Flo is doing and schedule them NOT against bigger races.

It will flop, the names will be at Eldora.

I wouldn’t bash Belleville, I know it’s a good joint. Just as I still see Eldora as a great place. But good fukin luck.

If I was Tony, $300k to win, $10k to start, F off.

Pretty sure Marcus Smith is behind this. He can buy Tony out with his petty cash!

He was pretty elated on Dale Jrs show about Bristols first go at dirt!

zyoung25
10-07-2021, 09:29 PM
It only makes sense to me that SMI is behind this whole deal somehow.

sa98
10-08-2021, 10:03 AM
I'm not saying putting these big money headlines out there isn't good, but I feel like no one sees the nickel and diming that goes on behind the scenes at the XR events. Pass prices. Fees for this. Fees for that. The list of "You Can't"s. & I'm not saying Eldora doesnt have its quirks and do the same, but it's at least only twice a year and more reasonable.

Dougan1640
10-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Maybe I am in the minority here but this is what is great about capitalism. Anyone at anytime can do what they want, let the fans and drivers decide if it flops or not. Also lets be honest, there are very little openings for weekends in the dirt late model world. Every race thinks no one should step on their toes, well you won't make it anywhere in this world without stepping on some toes every now and then. Lets see if Eldora fights back which it looks like they may. For the record I will be at Eldora just like every year.

NeedforLM$peed
10-08-2021, 11:33 AM
Whether or not Eldora pays $54k, $125k, $1 million or $1 billion. The same 6-8 cars/drivers still have the best shot of winning.

kazual
10-08-2021, 11:37 AM
World Of Outlaws late models ran Belleville a couple of times as recall, maybe 2008 or so. Don’t recall it racing that well, could be wrong.

play4kps
10-11-2021, 04:31 PM
If anyone watched the Kings Royal or 4 crown from Eldora, you would have seen great racing, still to dusty but great racing! Nobody wants to address the elephant in the room. Technology is killing dirt late model racing, too much aero, too much on shocks, and so on! Once these cars get out front in open air, they check out. Im not sure what eldora can do to fix, other than removing most of the banking. The actual cars are killing the sport. Even Bloomquist a few years ago admitted Eldora is 99% car, 1% driver. He was right.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-12-2021, 07:26 AM
If anyone watched the Kings Royal or 4 crown from Eldora, you would have seen great racing, still to dusty but great racing! Nobody wants to address the elephant in the room. Technology is killing dirt late model racing, too much aero, too much on shocks, and so on! Once these cars get out front in open air, they check out. Im not sure what eldora can do to fix, other than removing most of the banking. The actual cars are killing the sport. Even Bloomquist a few years ago admitted Eldora is 99% car, 1% driver. He was right.

Because Eldora is Eldora, they can do whatever they want. They could easily tell UMP that the race will be run with their rules, but no spoiler.

kazual
10-12-2021, 07:54 AM
There’s a reason I find myself more attracted to open wheel non-wing sprints and midgets than in the past and less enthused about open late models. Even winged sprints and modifieds provide more entertainment than late models. I skipped the Show Me this past Memorial Day, few years back would have never believed that.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-12-2021, 08:05 AM
^^they have maintained the same car for decades and they race really well without all the aero baggage.

LM1
10-15-2021, 09:43 AM
Belleville $50k dates have been moved to Monday-Tuesday June 13-14 so as not to compete with the Dream. How many drivers will make the 11-12 hours drive on Sunday after the Dream to go there?

raburke23
10-15-2021, 10:00 AM
With the adjustment to Monday/Tuesday, this will be pretty cool now to see who makes that trip! Kudos on the move

3 wide
10-15-2021, 11:37 AM
Well I don't understand why they want to run up against eldora a bad idea but I wouldn't be surprised if Tony upped the purse just because he can.

mskdorf
10-15-2021, 12:14 PM
I wish I could take that much time off at once and had the disposable cash all at once. It would be nice to attend both but not possible for me.

NeedforLM$peed
10-15-2021, 12:31 PM
I wish I could take that much time off at once and had the disposable cash all at once. It would be nice to attend both but not possible for me.
It's a struggle sometimes just to get one day off a week. Requesting a day off requires getting interrogated first.

TS FAN
10-15-2021, 03:09 PM

This is what I was going to post so no sense repeating it.

LugNutz
10-16-2021, 02:10 PM
LM1, where did you get your information from that Belleville moved it's races to Monday and Tuesday. I am not saying it is right or wrong just would like to know where you got your information.

TDRacin®
10-16-2021, 02:28 PM
LM1, where did you get your information from that Belleville moved it's races to Monday and Tuesday. I am not saying it is right or wrong just would like to know where you got your information.

It's on their Twitter and website.