PDA

View Full Version : dtwc safety

Cyberwhip
10-14-2021, 06:20 PM
Someone needs to get the kids waving flags off the fence while cars are on the track. It's cute till someone gets hurt. Could also confuse the divers.

Snagger
10-14-2021, 11:09 PM
Those kids have been there ALL YEAR doing that. You think the drivers are looking up there when they’re going 120mph? Karen

LugNutz
10-15-2021, 09:31 AM
Snagger, Just because those kids have been doing it all year does not make it right from a safety stand point.

mskdorf
10-15-2021, 09:33 AM
I see this at a few tracks. Never understood why the track would allow this under race conditions.

Snagger
10-15-2021, 09:46 AM
They’re not even on the fence. Theyre on the walkway behind the flag stand.

Cyberwhip
10-15-2021, 03:32 PM
It serves no purpose other than parents can't control their kids. It's not playground. They were 1 to two feet off the fence. Looking from bleachers in turn one, the kids waving flags are blocking the view onto turn four.

As far as safety, the kids actually got hit with mud when drivers got close to fence and they jumped back. Then right back to the fence. In years past those would have been rocks.

These parents clearly don't care about their kids.

People don't pay good money for these premier events to watch kids playing.

Buford.Justice
10-15-2021, 04:05 PM
Spank them with their little flags and find a baby sitter next time!!! hahaha

NeedforLM$peed
10-15-2021, 05:31 PM
120 mph? Get real...

chupp n bloomer fan
10-15-2021, 06:11 PM
And then when they sue and the track gets folded, who’s the Karen?

If it’s the same kid that goes to Atomic though, I will say, he’s good.

dirtcrazy4u
10-15-2021, 06:50 PM
Now the bit**ING is about some young fan waving flags. If you ever watch, the kid is only doing what the guy in the flag stand is doing. Whats he hurting ? Absolutely nothing. How many Karens can you fit on the flag stand..

Snagger
10-15-2021, 07:59 PM
1. You don’t think LM get up to 120 on the straights? 3/8 mile at 14.6 seconds is an average of 93MPH, an AVERAGE. Ok maybe they only go 110. 2. Any race track assumes no liability as soon as you step through the gate. Also any real fan knows you can get hit with a rock sitting in the top row. The kid isn’t waving his flag through the fence and sticking his hands out. I’ve sat directly behind him 5 times this year and he just mimicks what Randy does. And he’s actually good at it, I’m not sure if it’s the same kid I saw doing it atomic. If someone did want to sue the track, the Coleman’s have more than enough money to do what they want. PRP will NEVER fold unless the state buys them out to do something with the scioto River. 3. As if y’all out of towners don’t bitch enough about Portsmouth, you’re picking on like a ten year old boy whose at the races EVERY WEEKEND. I’m sure his parents have spent more money bringing him and their kids to the track all year than your little DTWC hobo village get away. Sit back and don’t worry about what other people are doing. The kid gets into it and is fun to watch.

kidrock
10-15-2021, 08:16 PM
Snagger I agree if the parents and the track officials are ok with it I don't know why anyone else isn't. Plus like you said he is taking interest in racing which you don't see as much as you used to.

NeedforLM$peed
10-15-2021, 08:18 PM
120 lol......

Cyberwhip
10-15-2021, 09:16 PM
I'm not an out of towner. I've been going there over 20 years. I doubt they spent more money at that track than me. I doubt the insurance company would find these kids very cute. The insurance company could 100% shut them down.

I'm not the only one that finds it annoying, I'm just the only one that will say anything. I just hate to see anyone get hurt. I don't want to see the track shut down, I enjoy the place.

One bad wreck or flip on the frontstretch could really throw debris into the fence, it has happened several times, I think Boggs flipped there one time.

Just let the kids wave their flag from the stands.

Does anyone really not care about these kids? wow

fryefan
10-15-2021, 09:24 PM
I see this at a few tracks. Never understood why the track would allow this under race conditions.

Agreed.

It is sad that track officials have to "parent" kids at racetracks. A lot of "parents" take their kids to the races and start drinking and never pay any attention to the kids throughout the night.

With that being said, there are a lot of other parents who actually parent their kids and set good examples for them.

fryefan
10-15-2021, 09:26 PM
It serves no purpose other than parents can't control their kids. It's not playground. They were 1 to two feet off the fence. Looking from bleachers in turn one, the kids waving flags are blocking the view onto turn four.

As far as safety, the kids actually got hit with mud when drivers got close to fence and they jumped back. Then right back to the fence. In years past those would have been rocks.

These parents clearly don't care about their kids.

People don't pay good money for these premier events to watch kids playing.

You hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of "parents" that should not be parents.

NeedforLM$peed
10-15-2021, 09:28 PM
Why don't you call the track or Carl Short and voice your concerns instead of on a chat forum??? Seems more logical to me.

Raceready
10-15-2021, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Cyberwhip;2414805]I'm not an out of towner. I've been going there over 20 years. I doubt they spent more money at that track than me. I doubt the insurance company would find these kids very cute. The insurance company could 100% shut them down.I'm not the only one that finds it annoying, I'm just the only one that will say anything. I just hate to see anyone get hurt. I don't want to see the track shut down, I enjoy the place.One bad wreck or flip on the frontstretch could really throw debris into the fence, it has happened several times, I think Boggs flipped there one time.Just let the kids wave their flag from the stands. If you put them in the stands the Karens would be bitching that they cant see the track through them...\\\\\\

Snagger
10-15-2021, 10:29 PM
You’re the only one who would say anything but you’re only man enough to get on 4m and post it instead of saying it to their parents I guess. And if you’ve been there all season why wait until now? The kid has been there literally all year. Turn 1 side of the flag stand is where they always sit.

Snagger
10-15-2021, 10:32 PM
“I just don’t want to see anyone get hurt” Posts it on 4m where probably less than 5% of fans in the country will ever see it, where more than 90% of 4m members have not and never will attend PRP.

Cyberwhip
10-15-2021, 10:56 PM
I seen mainly the one kid all year, Thursday there were 4 kids, then later there was another older person that seemed to think it was fine to just stand there and motion at drivers.

I thought it was only my opinion, until Thursday everyone (8 to 10 in our group) was talking about the race and the subject came up. So, I'll certainly mention it to track officials, but the local track officials already know those kids are there. I doubt Lucas Oil would allow it, that's the last thing they would want at their even, a kid hurt.

Talking to the parent, probably you, will do nothing, as you already don't care about your kids. All it does is result in a shouting match. It's not my job to police the track, I'll just mention it to the officials, they can decide if it's within reasonable safety policy to stand on the fence (children or adults) directly in front of the sign that clearly says no standing.

I have seen other tracks actually throw caution flags during the race for people standing at the fence. There was a track earlier this year that had many people hurt.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-16-2021, 06:03 AM
Been to PRP. I’ve been there and it’s been great, plus I love the setting, and I’ve also seen my top 2 worst “race” ever there.

I really dunno why it has to be name calling. If your type is that kids parents, how’s that going to go? Solves nothing. And then you further prove the point by arguing how fast they go. Especially when PRP is heavy, they haul a$$.

One piece of debris is all it’ll take. And on the other hand, I’m with you, fuk it, they are just kids, they get hurt, oh well.

But this guy should take it up with the officials. I wouldn’t, not my problem. But I don’t see anything being done. Certain tracks will, others no. Guess I’d have to see it with my own eyes. Because the kid at Atomic, can be a flagman. And I enjoyed watching him, he was spot on. And hurting nothing.

kidrock
10-16-2021, 06:51 AM
I really don't know how anyone can say that these parents don't care about their kids. Do you know them? You're going to say because of this one thing they let their kids do means they don't care. Is it risky sure it is but, so is riding their bikes around town, riding dirt bikes, four wheelers, playing football we can go on and on but, doesn't mean they don't care.

Thedoctor
10-16-2021, 07:30 AM
I grew up waving flags near the fences, I would go home at the end of the night with the flags autographed by most drivers in attendance . I also took pictures through the wired fence. I’m still here, lived to tell the tall, and now am a huge dirt late model fan who brings my family to the races a few times a year. Nah let’s just send all the kids to there babysitters , that’ll solve it and help grow the future of dirt late model racing.

Snagger
10-16-2021, 08:06 AM
Title of the thread should’ve been “annoying kids at DTWC whose parents don’t love them”

Barbecueboy
10-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Sounds like a bad Dr. Phil rerun.