PDA

View Full Version : AN Radiator hose

ckyracer00
10-27-2021, 02:28 PM
Junked my last Radiator on Saturday. Going to switch to the AN style top hose what do you guys recommend the -16 or -20 and why thanks

billetbirdcage
10-27-2021, 04:57 PM
Junked my last Radiator on Saturday. Going to switch to the AN style top hose what do you guys recommend the -16 or -20 and why thanks

-20, never been a huge fan of the AN radiator lines just due to the small size they typically are. Typical upper normal hose is 1.5" and a AN 16 is 1" and 20 is 1.25"

Also keep in mind that many of the fittings, elbows, etc may have a much smaller ID then the hose so watch that also if your concerned with flow/restriction in the upper hose area

Ltemodel
01-01-2022, 08:30 AM
Thanks Billet. I never even considered the size thing, but you’re right. It is quite a bit of restriction from a regular hose. I think I’m going to start recommending regular hoses.

Jking24
01-01-2022, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't run one at all but if I did it would have to be a 20. It's way too much expense for zero gain in my opinion

billetbirdcage
01-02-2022, 11:52 AM
Another thing that pisses me off, with the sortage on parts and fitting I had to get 2 different brands of 20 fittings (fragola and aeroquip) GO FIGURE THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT SIZE NUTS ON THEM! Had to make 2 different wrenches just for upper radiator hose. I wouldn't have used an AN but the motor has an AN welded to the intake and had no choice. Gonna be fun when someone gets in a hurry and cross threads that thing and messes up the threads on the intake and have to pull it to cut fitting off. As a matter of fact I may just order a new water manifold and get rid of it before that happens and screws us at the track.