PDA

View Full Version : Offseason maintenance

Mopar DLM
11-10-2021, 04:53 PM
I know that the touring guys won't bother with it but does anyone else still completely disassemble the car and sandblast, look for cracks, paint, look over all parts and then reassemble the entire car or just sell it and buy a new one. Is everything on a lap count now and the added weekly attention to details covers the need for a complete tear down? We are not racing near as many nights a year as most but I still like knowing that i'm starting off with every piece on the car as good and fresh as i can get it with out having to buy new stuff every year.

Jking24
11-10-2021, 05:48 PM
We still tear ours down. I'm not a fan of sand blasting on a annual basis. Our stuff is all powder coated. But we look for cracks, weld if nessacary and touch up with paint. I generally go through the rear and all suspension and driveline. We usually run the deck two or three seasons. The touring guys run each component x laps then they replace it and sell the used part. Most of them are getting a good enough break that they can sell a used part for not much less or sometimes more than they pay for the new stuff.

stock car driver
11-18-2021, 10:59 AM
If your chassis is powder coated you will see rust in the cracks easily.

If your going to re powder coat a chassis you dont sand blast the powder coat off, you have the powder coater BAKE off the old powder coat.

Ltemodel
01-01-2022, 02:06 AM
Tear it down or not, brake calipers should be rebuilt ever year or twice a year, depending on where you run.