PDA

View Full Version : Mastersbilt Midplate

kn48racing
11-29-2021, 06:01 PM
Looking for some advice from the 4M world. Running what is supposed to be a copy of a Mastersbilt Smackdown. Doing some frame updates and would like to raise the engine more than what I currently can do with a stock dimension midplate. Currently running a PPM. I see on the PPM website there’s a part for 2005 and newer Mastersbilt and then a Pre-2005 version. Based on the images on the PPM site I have a “Pre-2005” plate. I see for the 2005 and newer version there’s an option to get a raised 1” version of the midplate, but not for the older cars. I called PPM and they can custom make me one for basically double the price of a new one. Before I go that route does anyone know of a pre-2005 plate that is raised? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

cjsracing
11-30-2021, 01:04 PM
Can't you just add on to and drill the appropriate holes on your current midplate to make it work?

kn48racing
11-30-2021, 02:57 PM
Thanks! I was considering that. I currently do not have a welder suited for aluminum but it may be more cost effective to find a local welding shop that could take on the job for me.

Mopar DLM
11-30-2021, 05:04 PM
Weld in new tabs above the current ones on the chassis side and you can still use the midplate you currently have.

powerslide
12-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Weld in new tabs above the current ones on the chassis side and you can still use the midplate you currently have.

This is what i was thinking would be most cost effective