PDA

View Full Version : Floracing.com

50Dixon50
12-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Flo-racing is absolutely horrible

BTExpress
12-05-2021, 10:02 AM
Can you elaborate? For the streaming or the content? I have watched hours of various races this year from Eldora to the cornfields of Iowa and never had any issues what so ever with the streaming. The best $150 a year a race fan could spend.

IADRF
12-05-2021, 10:51 AM
I use FLO Racing on a firestick and it always works well.

over4T
12-05-2021, 11:00 AM
I thought that Flo did an excellent job over the 3 days of Gateway. Stellar camera work and, I thought, good announcing from the reporters. It's a very difficult job to broadcast an event of this scope with only a few minor glitches, one being some early interviews Saturday night with the audio clearly not that of the video being shown. The drone crashing on the back deck of the Late Model during lineups was a hoot.

Cody Sommers and group put on a thoroughly entertaining event and about the only thing that would have made it better for me was if Austin, the young first time LM heat winner on Thursday had taken the main win last night. He showed the enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport that first attracted many of us to racing. He made me smile and remember way back when...

pierceFAN
12-05-2021, 11:04 AM
ya DoD kicked me to the curb...they will never miss my measly $150

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2021, 11:19 AM
I got the buffering blues maybe 4 times over 3 days or 16 hours of footage. That's not that bad. Just frustrating when it happens.
What can you say about Austin Simpson. Hadn't seen him race for a couple years. Had no idea he was in a super and was totally shell shocked at the results. What a feelgood story.

zyoung25
12-05-2021, 11:29 AM
I never had one issue all weekend, and Im on probably crapiest internet for streaming too. That seems to happen when you live in the sticks.

HoosierDirtFan
12-05-2021, 11:50 AM
I've never had a problem with any streaming platform.

CIRF
12-05-2021, 11:50 AM
I too, am way out in the boonies with an internet download speed of around just 17 MBPS using a Roku stick and Flo worked flawlessly all weekend long. Not once did it buffer or drop the stream.

over4T
12-05-2021, 12:20 PM
A receiver/antenna some 100 feet up in a pine tree and bouncing off hot spots for my internet and only had a couple of 20-30 second buffering incidents over three days. Thinking of putting receivers on some of the goats and, with their wanderings, see if reception improves but it's pretty decent already. LOL

AllenK
12-05-2021, 01:14 PM
I experienced a little buffering Friday night during the midget feature,but otherwise it was fine. We were also streaming our local HS playoff game as well. I use a laptop with an HDMI cable output to our big screen. Our internet/router is not that great either.

I missed most of last night due to a nephew's birthday get-together.

Action10
12-05-2021, 02:16 PM
ya DoD kicked me to the curb...they will never miss my measly $150Did you not renew your subscription or did they have some sort of meeting, decided to single you out, and systematically get rid of you? Just curious...In all seriousness though, what do you mean?

Dirt Clod
12-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Still waiting on 50Dixon50 to tell us all why FLO is so horrible.

50Dixon50
12-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Can you elaborate? For the streaming or the content? I have watched hours of various races this year from Eldora to the cornfields of Iowa and never had any issues what so ever with the streaming. The best $150 a year a race fan could spend.
A lot of buffering problems stopped a couple times but I used roku if their is a better way I'm open to ideas

50Dixon50
12-05-2021, 03:25 PM
A lot of buffering problems stopped a couple times but I used roku if their is a better way I'm open to ideas

Don't miss understand me had a few problems but man what a great show I usually go but health won't quite allow that these days

Josh Bayko
12-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Almost all issues with steam stability are on the end user.

dirtluver
12-05-2021, 05:32 PM
I had no problem. Was very happy with the show all 3 days.

ZERO25
12-05-2021, 05:49 PM

Yep, found that out a few months ago. Switched from Firestick to a Roku and problem resolved!

Restart your wifi router and streaming stick each event.......and youll have very few problems!

Late_Model_Mark
12-05-2021, 06:29 PM
Flo Racing as far from horrible, have not had any issues and have viewed scores of races, great service.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Announcer

lurker
12-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Josh, you post that every time this subject comes up. I don’t think anyone listens. For what its worth, my audio/video engineer friend says the same. On Flo, via Firestick, I watch racing and a lot of ECHL hockey --- and I hardly ever have any buffering issues. I have the best tier internet that I can get, xfinity, if that matters.

50Dixon50
12-05-2021, 09:46 PM
I did definitely have some issues but it was well worth it
I'm illiterate when it comes to technology just glad I was able to figure out how to even use it

IL LM Fan
12-05-2021, 10:10 PM
I have the Xfinity 900 Mps tier. Everything is hard wired that I watch races on, and of course gigabit Routers/switch. I get occasional buffering. Lets not forget the Track needs a good signal as well. Sometimes the stream isn't even available in 1080p.What was that Fairbury during the Summer, Friday signal was so bad they had to bring in a generator/satellite or something like that so the big show Saturday would be watchable?

riddle28
12-06-2021, 06:36 AM

i use it with roku no issues