PDA

View Full Version : Dillard to BD

Knowitall93w
12-30-2021, 10:05 PM
Black diamond? Didn’t see that coming

Mod Runner
12-31-2021, 03:31 AM
Need more information. Where did you see the switch to Black Diamond ?

Pennsboro32
12-31-2021, 06:25 AM
Back to average results I’d imagine. No knock on em, but I feel like Dillard was getting better and better each season. Seems like a step backwards to me.

BTExpress
12-31-2021, 06:53 AM
I am quite surprised by this news. Didn't Cade sell quite a few MB Customs Modifieds as a side business after putting his own touches to the chassis? As far as I know, Black Diamond doesn't built Modifieds?

zyoung25
12-31-2021, 09:18 AM
Id say location had a little bit to do with the switch. Not sure how the switch will translate in results though.

Morgs153
12-31-2021, 11:52 AM
Not crazy to hear this if it is true, for a couple reasons. One is that it seemed like the MB program was moving forward, maybe not in the same realm as the Longhorn and Rockets with their size and influence, but moving forward none the less. For a while he was the national tour face of MB Customs and even when he fell ill Jimmy ran his number so he could still get owner points in WoO. Then he decided to drop off the tour.

The second is, Black Diamond. Really? Seemed like most everyone was exiting those cars for others (Earl Pearson comes to mind). Kind of moving to a smaller island. But hey, guys do make changes all the time.

Now certainly there is an issue of being much closer to a major supplier with Stuckey also being in Louisiana. Who knows, maybe he will get some of his own design inputs and try and start a new path with some of his ideas.

dirtcrazy4u
12-31-2021, 12:16 PM
That's not going to last long. Unless they've come up with a recent copy of something there garbage. Make a good crate racer, definitely not a SLM chassis to be competitive.

zyoung25
12-31-2021, 12:53 PM
That's not going to last long. Unless they've come up with a recent copy of something there garbage. Make a good crate racer, definitely not a SLM chassis to be competitive.

This guy doesnt have a clue. Do the names Cory Hedgec0ck and Garrett Alberson ring a bell?

Highside Hustler25
12-31-2021, 01:18 PM
Alberson seemed to be fast no matter where he unloaded.

84wedge
12-31-2021, 01:46 PM
This guy doesnt have a clue. Do the names Cory Hedgec0ck and Garrett Alberson ring a bell?To be fair, neither of those guys were running national tours in a Black Diamond. Only one guy was and it was pretty apparent what was faster when he switched chassis.

zyoung25
12-31-2021, 02:59 PM
To be fair, neither of those guys were running national tours in a Black Diamond. Only one guy was and it was pretty apparent what was faster when he switched chassis.

Pearson has led the points multiple times coming out of Florida after a chassis or team change. Him running strong on a new team shouldn't surprise anyone. We will see if he's still putting together strong runs by the time June gets here.

Nobody was running MB cars on a tour before Dillard joined the outlaws either. Maybe he just wanted a change?

BVogtjr30
12-31-2021, 04:00 PM
For whatever reason Hess can seem to make those black diamond cars go pretty good, he did race locally for the most part but did win quite often and also won a WoO race at home track as well. He was also dominating in a ump mod at the same time. I’m not sure what it was he was doing different other than using a different shock package? But there’s no denying how important the technology is today, just look at the difference in performance for EPJ after switching to a different car. He’s definitely proved for years how good of a driver he was and you could really see the difference after switching. Seems like some cars fit a particular driving style better than others but it seems like longhorns fit any style or track conditions. And also won a ton of ump mod races as well.

Burke1118
01-01-2022, 07:05 PM
This guy doesnt have a clue. Do the names Cory Hedgec0ck and Garrett Alberson ring a bell?No. They don’t.

dirtcrazy4u
01-02-2022, 09:38 AM
Stuckley was there with epj for most of there on track performances. Where did that get them ? Being from the south I think he may have approached Cade and came up with something he could not refuse.

84wedge
01-02-2022, 10:50 AM
Pearson has led the points multiple times coming out of Florida after a chassis or team change. Him running strong on a new team shouldn't surprise anyone. We will see if he's still putting together strong runs by the time June gets here.Nobody was running MB cars on a tour before Dillard joined the outlaws either. Maybe he just wanted a change?EPJ is a model of consistency, I can see a top 5 in the points for 2022 along with a few wins.

Krooser
01-03-2022, 01:51 AM
Likely got a deal on a car....who knows?

Dlmfan123
01-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Building his own modifieds now too.

Mod Runner
01-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Has the switch to Black Diamond been confirmed ? I do not see anything on the Cade Dillard website about the switch to Black Diamond.

Tireguy17
01-03-2022, 09:34 PM
https://www.facebook.com/CadeDillardRacing

jensenracing1818
01-04-2022, 06:16 AM
assuming most of this has to do with him making his own CDR Modifieds now and possibly Shane Sprinkle's (car owner) decision to make the move if the support or "deals" weren't going to be there from MB going forward... Stuckey still makes a fast/nice piece and they are still fast all over the country every weekend just not too many out there running up and down the road making dirt on dirt headlines.

riddle28
01-04-2022, 06:51 AM
besides dillard who was fast in an MB last year? they seem strong in their region but not so much nationally. Cade is a hands on guy, more so than EPJ, theyll get them figured out

Packin' Meat
01-04-2022, 11:15 AM
assuming most of this has to do with him making his own CDR Modifieds now and possibly Shane Sprinkle's (car owner) decision to make the move if the support or "deals" weren't going to be there from MB going forward... Stuckey still makes a fast/nice piece and they are still fast all over the country every weekend just not too many out there running up and down the road making dirt on dirt headlines.From what I've heard is that Shane was kicking around the idea of getting a different chassis since the late models havent made much progress as much as the mod chassis have. Jimmy caught wind of it, they got into it and basically Jimmy told them to kick rocks and forget about the MB by Dillard mod chassis.

zyoung25
01-04-2022, 12:00 PM
besides dillard who was fast in an MB last year? they seem strong in their region but not so much nationally. Cade is a hands on guy, more so than EPJ, theyll get them figured out

It looks like all of the notable guys that ran MB, have all jumped ship, except maybe Unzicker, Im not sure about him.

JTB75
01-04-2022, 09:59 PM
From what I've heard is that Shane was kicking around the idea of getting a different chassis since the late models havent made much progress as much as the mod chassis have. Jimmy caught wind of it, they got into it and basically Jimmy told them to kick rocks and forget about the MB by Dillard mod chassis.So they copied the MB Customs mods, and late models, Stucky will build the cars and put CDR badge on the back of the mods, and the same thing with the late model but will put a Black Diamond sticker on them. Hasn’t that been the Stucky business model for years dating back to the Masters Built and then the Club 29/ Black Diamond disaster

TBSprintFan
01-04-2022, 11:00 PM
It looks like all of the notable guys that ran MB, have all jumped ship, except maybe Unzicker, Im not sure about him.

I believe Ashton Winger was using MB Customs on the Hell Tour and had a few wins in them.

Morgs153
01-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Winger had an MB Customs and promptly rolled it. They then took out their older Rocket back up car while they put in an order for another MB, then his new deal came along. I don't believe any of the SN wins he had were in his new car, all were in the backup car. The only other time Winger would have drove an MB was when Sam Mars let him drive his car at Red Cedar for a WoO LM show when Winger broke in qualifying.

Drivers jump on and off horses all the time, some many times during the season. Sometimes a chassis "has it" for a while and sometimes they go in a lull. Last season MB mods and late models had 696 known feature wins across the nation. They build a very good car and Chris is one of the exceptional engineers in the sport, they'll be fine.

wfodirt66
01-07-2022, 08:31 PM
black diamond for real OMG mars did an awfull lot for dillard, and he jumps ship, SMH

Barbecueboy
01-08-2022, 06:41 AM
Sounds like he was pushed off the ship ?

latemodelfan
01-08-2022, 09:44 AM
Geographically it makes sense but that is the only thing that I see here that makes sense.

corey237
05-27-2022, 11:23 PM
Winger had an MB Customs and promptly rolled it. They then took out their older Rocket back up car while they put in an order for another MB, then his new deal came along. I don't believe any of the SN wins he had were in his new car, all were in the backup car. The only other time Winger would have drove an MB was when Sam Mars let him drive his car at Red Cedar for a WoO LM show when Winger broke in qualifying.

Drivers jump on and off horses all the time, some many times during the season. Sometimes a chassis "has it" for a while and sometimes they go in a lull. Last season MB mods and late models had 696 known feature wins across the nation. They build a very good car and Chris is one of the exceptional engineers in the sport, they'll be fine.

Winger won 3 Summer Nationals races in an MB at Knox County, Thunderbird, & Oakshade. And 3 in a Rocket at Clarksville, Tri City, & Merritt.

BTExpress
05-28-2022, 06:23 AM
"Winger won 3 Summer Nationals races in an MB at Knox County, Thunderbird, & Oakshade. And 3 in a Rocket at Clarksville, Tri City, & Merritt."

Listening to the broadcast from Wheatland last night on MavTV, it sounded like Winger has gone back to his trusted old Rocket chassis for the LOLMS tour.