PDA

View Full Version : Obituary and funeral arrangements for CJ Raburn.

HoosierDirtFan
01-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Obituary and funeral arrangements for CJ Raburn.

https://www.swartzmortuary.com/obituary/carl-cj-rayburn

Raceready
01-04-2022, 06:41 PM
I hadn't known. but it appears that C. J.s daughter Carla is married to the real GOAT Billy Moyer. It kinda struck me odd that I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?

ImCryn2
01-04-2022, 09:52 PM
I hadn't known. but it appears that C. J.s daughter Carla is married to the real GOAT Billy Moyer. It kinda struck me odd that I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?

I do not believe Billy & Carla are actually married. Billy ran Rayburn cars in the past, I'm thinking around the time Babb drove for him. I think there is a Shaw connection also, possibly a former wife? I'm thinking Billy Jr is a product of that, I could be wrong though.

lurker
01-05-2022, 01:14 AM
----- I dont recollect Billy running a Rayburn chassis ? My oldest memories of Billy are of him running the Larry Shaw product ?

Early to Mid 80’s, ShawBurn cars. If I remember correctly --- the car was a Shaw front clip with a Rayburn rear. Larry would finish the car at his shop. (Mastersbuilt racer and I have talked about this in the past.)

zyoung25
01-05-2022, 04:49 AM
Billy won his last outlaw title driving a rayburn in 05 i know. I think he ran rayburn cars up until around 07 or 08 when he started running victory circle cars.

Raceready
01-05-2022, 11:58 AM
It also seems that C. J was a former moonshine runner in his early days !

Live4DLM
01-06-2022, 04:09 PM
If the track was right at one time Rayburn was most dominate chassis around. Some drivers never were the same after Rayburn. Like Dan Schleiper and Shannon Babb

Krooser
01-07-2022, 06:10 AM
Everyone drove a Rayburn at one time or another..LOL

The hearse used to haul my Grandma to the cemetery was a swing arm Rayburn...