01-20-2022, 03:23 PM
No East Bay for JD.

dirtSLMracing
01-20-2022, 03:36 PM
No East Bay for JD.

Did he give you a reason why?

Rajflyboy
01-20-2022, 03:46 PM
Golden Isles for 3 nights and then All Tech for 3 nights. Sounds smart to me. All with big pay days.

Hoosier_Dirt
01-20-2022, 03:56 PM
Did he give you a reason why?

No, I'll guess just pick and choose like Overton, or the XR Series

dirtSLMracing
01-20-2022, 03:59 PM
No, I'll guess just pick and choose like Overton, or the XR Series

So you asked him if he was going to be at East Bay and he said no?

Tireguy17
01-20-2022, 04:04 PM
So you asked him if he was going to be at East Bay and he said no?

It’s a post on their Facebook page:

Pre-season test sessions went well this week at both Golden Isles Speedway and All-Tech Raceway! It was good to get back in the seat of the #49!

We will kick off our 2022 season a week from today - on January 27 - in Brunswick, Georgia with three Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series races during the 'Super Bowl of Racing' weekend. ALSO just added to our schedule are three more LOLMDS events at All-Tech Raceway on February 3-5. As it stands now, these will be the only six shows that we enter during "Speedweeks" in Georgia/Florida.

Our updated schedule can be found 24 hours a day / 7 days a week at http://jonathandavenport.net/49schedule.html. 🤘

dirtSLMracing
01-20-2022, 04:07 PM
Thanks Tireguy.. I dont do Facebook.

dirtcrazy4u
01-20-2022, 07:01 PM
Starting to think someone p*ssed someone off on the lucas series. JD not going to east bay. Kid rock moving over to woo, CBR , gone ? It's looking more like it. No bloomer, team scott, leaving a big pile of cash out there. I'm starting to wonder how many guys are going to follow lucas.

Pennsboro32
01-20-2022, 07:43 PM
Starting to think someone p*ssed someone off on the lucas series. JD not going to east bay. Kid rock moving over to woo, CBR , gone ? It's looking more like it. No bloomer, team scott, leaving a big pile of cash out there. I'm starting to wonder how many guys are going to follow lucas.

What does Bowyer not fielding a car at all have to do with Lucas oil series p1ssing people off?

Josh has always been a WoO boy at heart.

Jd understands you can win big money not following a tour, like Overton did last year.

Lucas will be fine. They’ve got McCreadie, EPJ, Ricky Thornton, Bronson, Terbo, Hudson, Spencer Hughes, Matt Cosner, and possibly Tony Jackson jr and Garrett Alberson.

There will be 2-3 drivers who run well enough during GA/FL speedweeks that I haven’t already mentioned that will stick with the tour until at least wheatland.

Dlmfan123
01-20-2022, 08:05 PM
Starting to think someone p*ssed someone off on the lucas series. JD not going to east bay. Kid rock moving over to woo, CBR , gone ? It's looking more like it. No bloomer, team scott, leaving a big pile of cash out there. I'm starting to wonder how many guys are going to follow lucas.😂 where do you come up with this sh!t

zyoung25
01-20-2022, 08:19 PM
It doesn't surprise me he is not going to east bay. He was terrible there last year.

He is so (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) mad at lucas, i bet he doesn't run another one of their races all year 🙄

dirtcrazy4u
01-21-2022, 04:54 AM
Lot of money left on the table. Did he run bad last year, he did. It seems that the 14 is no more, nobody can confirm that. Josh going back to woo, your right, no big deal. That leaves 6 legitimate cars that have a chance at winning. Hughes, Cosner, Jackson. You kidding right . Albertson, he was impressive at Vado but can he keep it up ? I just don't get it. Time will tell. After speedweeks are over things always change.

Rajflyboy
01-21-2022, 05:08 AM
Lot of money left on the table. Did he run bad last year, he did. It seems that the 14 is no more, nobody can confirm that. Josh going back to woo, your right, no big deal. That leaves 6 legitimate cars that have a chance at winning. Hughes, Cosner, Jackson. You kidding right . Albertson, he was impressive at Vado but can he keep it up ? I just don't get it. Time will tell. After speedweeks are over things always change.This👍 Things are still great in the dirt late model world

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-21-2022, 05:54 AM
Lot of money left on the table. Did he run bad last year, he did. It seems that the 14 is no more, nobody can confirm that. Josh going back to woo, your right, no big deal. That leaves 6 legitimate cars that have a chance at winning. Hughes, Cosner, Jackson. You kidding right . Albertson, he was impressive at Vado but can he keep it up ? I just don't get it. Time will tell. After speedweeks are over things always change.
Apparently you didn't watch Hughes. 6 cars that can actually win would be a pretty good group.

riddle28
01-21-2022, 06:36 AM

ill put 100 hughes will win a tour race next year if you think hes just a filler, let me know

knot
01-21-2022, 08:29 AM
Is Jimmy Owens not running Lucas this year?

LM1
01-21-2022, 08:36 AM
The XR races pay $25K to win and $2500 to start minimum, more teams going the Overton Outlaw schedule this year instead of following a series.

Tireguy17
01-21-2022, 08:53 AM
XR and Lucas schedules don't overlap until September, can make a decision then which to follow for points. So don't quite understand JD not committing to Lucas until then. XR and Castrol overlap in May.

LM1
01-21-2022, 09:24 AM
I don't think its about overlap so much as being smarter financially about where and when you're going to race.

zyoung25
01-21-2022, 09:28 AM
Hss anyone see the total payout for the XR races yet?

dirtcrazy4u
01-21-2022, 12:06 PM
LM1 gets it. Smarter with the dollar. No I didn't pay attention to Hughes at all. Didn't Jackson say he was following a tour last year ? That didn't last long, JD has said he is not following a tour. Owens it has been rumored may not follow the series this year. I think that depends on how things work out coming out of florida. Same with Shirley, I said it repeatedly last year that a lot of eyes were watching what big sexy did last year. He rolled into the big money shows fresh and his cars prepared. Lucas is not getting what 6 new teams to run for roy. Why ? Is the woo at the end of the year that much more profitable ?

zyoung25
01-21-2022, 12:25 PM
Outlaws have handed out provisionals like candy on halloween in the past years. After last night, it sounds like that has changed. Thats the only reason WoO has gotten more rookies every year. I would bet a couple of those guys that claimed to run the whole series for RoY, will be unheard again of after this weekend.

dirtSLMracing
01-21-2022, 01:40 PM
Outlaws have handed out provisionals like candy on halloween in the past years. After last night, it sounds like that has changed. Thats the only reason WoO has gotten more rookies every year. I would bet a couple of those guys that claimed to run the whole series for RoY, will be unheard again of after this weekend.

I am curious to what happened with Gary Dillion. He lives 15 to 20 minutes from me and has been racing in my area for years. He was there for practice but didnt see him listed last night.

84wedge
01-21-2022, 05:13 PM
With the way the world is right now, I don't know why someone wouldn't pick and choose. Overton and Moran had great years last year, Bobby Pierce toured ONCE. Must be better for the wallet and your sanity.

Raceready
01-21-2022, 05:29 PM
With the way the world is right now, I don't know why someone wouldn't pick and choose. Overton and Moran had great years last year, Bobby Pierce toured ONCE. Must be better for the wallet and your sanity.The young 'in Pierce lad ran like a house on fire on that Hell Tour ! ! A thrill to watch he with his old school don't take any prisoners driving style ! !

gorj
01-21-2022, 05:29 PM
For a driver and team that’s a threat to win anywhere at any time, I can’t blame them for running on their terms. A lot of $ and opportunities available outside WoO and LOLMDS. XR, Ultimate , other series , travel distances make since to run when and where you want.

GA-DIRT
01-21-2022, 07:11 PM
Money an more money 💰

BloomerHarvickFan
01-22-2022, 07:21 AM
I think the only way the big tours are going to pull in more regulars is to have a Charter system like NASCAR, and I really don't want to see that happen.
Outside of something like that, the drivers have figured out they can judge travel distance, track affinity, car counts, payouts and other factors for themselves and do better than the tours can offer with tow money, provisionals and point funds.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-23-2022, 10:35 AM
Guys like Bloomer and Moyer made money on their terms most of their career. This isn't a new concept, nor is it a real concern.

HoosierDirtFan
01-23-2022, 11:15 AM
Be willing to bet Davenport will hit most if not all of the XR Super Series races. Heck when your car & team is that good why not.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-23-2022, 11:27 AM
I think the only way the big tours are going to pull in more regulars is to have a Charter system like NASCAR, and I really don't want to see that happen.
Outside of something like that, the drivers have figured out they can judge travel distance, track affinity, car counts, payouts and other factors for themselves and do better than the tours can offer with tow money, provisionals and point funds.

How does a pay to play system invite more participation?

84wedge
01-23-2022, 01:51 PM
It's already pay to win.

Crossbones
01-23-2022, 02:33 PM
How is choosing to race a series not your terms? No one is forcing anyone to do it.

ZERO25
01-23-2022, 07:35 PM
Money an more money 

Time for you to pull those coveralls on and become a car owner again, aint it? :)

btw.....will you be at Eastbay?

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-23-2022, 07:36 PM
How is choosing to race a series not your terms? No one is forcing anyone to do it.

Once you join, it's out of your hands. You are stuck with added dates, anything else they do.

Crossbones
01-23-2022, 10:53 PM
Once you join, it's out of your hands. You are stuck with added dates, anything else they do.

You can drop off the tour any time you want. Thats your terms.

Krooser
01-23-2022, 11:21 PM
Is Jimmy Owens not running Lucas this year?

Not running a tour this year...

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-24-2022, 06:29 AM
You can drop off the tour any time you want. Thats your terms.

And your opportunity to make your whole schedule on your own is now gone. That's partially your terms. Joining the tour is like a marriage, it's temporary, but it has some lasting impact.

BloomerHarvickFan
01-24-2022, 07:05 AM
How does a pay to play system invite more participation?

I worded that poorly. I wasn't really talking about that aspect of the Charters where you have to buy in, but more just the significant perks and bonuses for being a full time team.
More guarantees, more money, other benefits.
I do think that if a series were to do that, there should be significant penalties for teams not holding up their end of the bargain too.

d-glenn
01-25-2022, 09:27 AM
Time for you to pull those coveralls on and become a car owner again, aint it? :)

btw.....will you be at Eastbay?

Talked to BB last week and his plans are to be there. He hasn't been down in 3/4 year.

bullring
01-25-2022, 11:35 AM
I don't know why anybody would run a tour nowadays unless they had a huge corporate sponsor that wanted them to. A ton of high paying races all over the place now.

Rajflyboy
01-25-2022, 12:55 PM
I don't know why anybody would run a tour nowadays unless they had a huge corporate sponsor that wanted them to. A ton of high paying races all over the place now.You are totally correct with this 👍

Jking24
01-25-2022, 06:59 PM
My guess is if jd doesn't have a big season this year and knock down some big numbers landers pulls the plug next year. Pick and choose doesn't fit his ego. Double l motor sports has never been about what makes the most financial sense

Dlmfan123
01-25-2022, 06:59 PM
I don't know why anybody would run a tour nowadays unless they had a huge corporate sponsor that wanted them to. A ton of high paying races all over the place now.Tow money, pit passes and provisionals are the reason people will still be running a series,

BloomerHarvickFan
01-26-2022, 04:19 AM
They're "high paying" if ya win... 

No, joke. It's kind of a catch 22. The people who a series really benefit from (big names who win races) are the guys who need a series less.
All the guys who can do better picking and choosing are the very guys a series needs to market themselves and draw crowds.