PDA

View Full Version : Overton fails post qualifying tech

0_VodooChild_0
01-27-2022, 06:14 PM
Time disallowed. Will start at back of heat race. Fast time disallowed for failing droop rule.

SLM_FAN77
01-28-2022, 05:44 AM
See how no one cares.. LOL

kidrock
01-28-2022, 06:02 AM
So, they're really enforcing the rules

Rajflyboy
01-28-2022, 07:12 AM
Overton will be back up front tonight

zyoung25
01-28-2022, 07:48 AM
So, they're really enforcing the rules

The droop rule. Ive seen some pics of the bodies that still make you wonder, but im not there in person to see it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2022, 08:20 AM
The droop rule. Ive seen some pics of the bodies that still make you wonder, but im not there in person to see it.

Yes, they are enforcing the dumbest rule. I'm going to observe at EB, because the math in the rules is wrong. I want to see how you can pass a body.

ride height
01-28-2022, 08:41 AM
I’m no expert on any of this but yes….these bodies are ridiculous. Why can you tone that down and have a template. You either pass the template or you don’t race. Seems fairly simple once you make a template.

ride height
01-28-2022, 08:42 AM
That should say….why CANT you tone it down…

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2022, 09:09 AM
They are too busy catering to the new credit card racers who cry when someone's birdcage looks different, to do anything with obvious aero issues that have killed racing, as they did 40 years ago.

TerryM
01-28-2022, 09:34 AM
They are too busy catering to the new credit card racers who cry when someone's birdcage looks different, to do anything with obvious aero issues that have killed racing, as they did 40 years ago.
I’m not the techie you are, so I have a question. Beevo said last night both cars (Overton and EPJ) passed tech before qualifying. Then obviously both failed. EPJ claimed it was a measurement mistake, while Overton said it was a broken part. What changes were made and what part was broken, to get the difference in droop measurement? And does a half inch really make a difference?

Josh Bayko
01-28-2022, 09:36 AM
Just making the decks 36” and fiat would help the aero dependency immensely and not significantly change the look of the cars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2022, 10:06 AM
TerryM,

We often don't get the real story, but if a part broke, you are talking something in the chain limiter system. Most likely he cracked the cushioning rubber.

Any suspension change that changes dynamic steer could cause it to gain or lose drop. Moving either 4 link on the frame could do it. This is because your chain "supposed to be vertical as possible", will be more or less vertical at full drop.

The spoiler is fairly far back and above the axle. Depending on speed, getting it up an inch could add hundreds of pounds of downforce.

Raceready
01-28-2022, 11:13 AM
One fan was thinking that it was conspired to remove a couple of key players that were favored to be up at the front of the pack. Get them out of the way so that Kyle Larson would have more of a chance to win and that be for better media accounting. Whad do ya think on that ?

jb20
01-28-2022, 11:37 AM
I can't see why Lucas would want a competitor's logo (Flo) plastered all over the place during their telecast or in victory lane. It was fairly obvious that they were trying to crop the Flo logo out of the screen after the race.

Rajflyboy
01-28-2022, 11:53 AM
We don’t want too many rules and exactly perfect bodies because then u got nascar (basically)

Pennsboro32
01-28-2022, 12:08 PM
One fan was thinking that it was conspired to remove a couple of key players that were favored to be up at the front of the pack. Get them out of the way so that Kyle Larson would have more of a chance to win and that be for better media accounting. Whad do ya think on that ?

I think whoever thought that is a moron.

Rajflyboy
01-28-2022, 12:15 PM
76 will be upfront tonight

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2022, 12:26 PM
Flyboy,

The rules went NASCAR in 2015. It gets worse every year.

Rajflyboy
01-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Flyboy,The rules went NASCAR in 2015. It gets worse every year.I know. We don’t need anymore of it 👍

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-28-2022, 12:45 PM
^^good luck with that

Raceready
01-28-2022, 08:49 PM
I think whoever thought that is a moron.Maybe he however was not that far off base after all given the fact that Overton won and EPJ landed in 4th at tonights event and old Larsy came in dead last ?

dirtSLMracing
01-28-2022, 09:21 PM
Maybe he however was not that far off base after all given the fact that Overton won and EPJ landed in 4th at tonights event and old Larsy came in dead last ?

So why would MavTV want a car sponsored by Flo Racing to win?

Raceready
01-28-2022, 09:50 PM
I will have to ask him ... He will probably say "Try as they might they still can't stop a Longhorn from winning " ...

zyoung25
01-29-2022, 07:47 AM
Maybe he however was not that far off base after all given the fact that Overton won and EPJ landed in 4th at tonights event and old Larsy came in dead last ?

Why would they not want the car that LUCAS on the nose up front and on camera?

dirtSLMracing
01-29-2022, 09:33 AM
Why would they not want the car that LUCAS on the nose up front and on camera?

Raceready not only is failing to make his point but he doesn't even know what the point is he is trying to make.

Raceready
01-29-2022, 11:27 AM
Raceready not only is failing to make his point but he doesn't even know what the point is he is trying to make.You may or may not be correct ! ! ! !

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-29-2022, 03:01 PM
Overton doesn't claim ignorance or a broken part in his description of what happened. Like I said, there is more lying in racing than fishing.

If you read the DoD article, Francis basically says he isn't gonna say much about what was wrong cause they got this stupid rule that's a lot more than how far the lr falls down. He doesn't wanna give away any secrets describing the test failure.

So, he had a shorter rr shock or one with too much rebound, something like that. You get the rr down, the car doesn't lift as far to get the lr off the ground.

I'd have to rebuild the rear clip on our cars to run with those guys.

zyoung25
01-29-2022, 04:03 PM
Sounds like tire testing 101. Bust a guy for flunking out on a tire test, but lets not tell what was in the tire that made it fail.

dirtSLMracing
01-29-2022, 04:40 PM
Sounds like tire testing 101. Bust a guy for flunking out on a tire test, but lets not tell what was in the tire that made it fail.

The teams that failed were told what failed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-29-2022, 04:45 PM

Which group? Last night? Or "doesn't meet benchmark"?

dirtSLMracing
01-29-2022, 04:49 PM
Which group? Last night? Or "doesn't meet benchmark"?

Any team that fails tech.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-29-2022, 06:18 PM
Any team that fails tech.

Those guys with tires said all they was told was that their spectrum was wrong.

Droop rule is just a measurement. I doubt they tell you how to fix it, just how bad you were. You still frame a pic of overton car and measure everything, his lr is very close to same drop out as our car, but we'd fail by 4".

zyoung25
01-29-2022, 07:09 PM

Bobby Pierce, Zack Dohm, and Jason Feger are 3 that were never told what made their tires fail. None of the guys from "tire gate" were ever told what made their tires fail. Unless something has changed, thats nearly 10 guys that didnt know.

Failing to meet benchmark doesn't tell anyone anything.

Barbecueboy
01-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Tire rule, lol………

cjsracing
01-29-2022, 10:05 PM
Overton doesn't claim ignorance or a broken part in his description of what happened. Like I said, there is more lying in racing than fishing.

If you read the DoD article, Francis basically says he isn't gonna say much about what was wrong cause they got this stupid rule that's a lot more than how far the lr falls down. He doesn't wanna give away any secrets describing the test failure.

So, he had a shorter rr shock or one with too much rebound, something like that. You get the rr down, the car doesn't lift as far to get the lr off the ground.

I'd have to rebuild the rear clip on our cars to run with those guys.

Doesn't sound much different than chaining the RR, which I do frequently.

dirtcrazy4u
01-30-2022, 04:38 AM
It's funny, you have all this engineered rear suspension on these cars, 4 -bars, and shocks of different manufactures with the different options for valving. It's now all control by a pc of chain and this droop rule. Do I understand it, basically yes, do I care ? Not one bit because my days of laying under a car are over.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-30-2022, 07:49 AM
Doesn't sound much different than chaining the RR, which I do frequently.

For those guys, it's not an option anymore.

Drop Shock
01-30-2022, 05:56 PM
The funniest part about this rule is the guys in charge act like they are doing it to keep costs down. All it’s gonna do is make people spend money to engineer stuff to try and beat the measurement. Two of the easiest things to do to make your car faster are add drop and raise your spoiler up, and they both don’t cost a dime

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-30-2022, 08:54 PM
If they wanted to cut costs, they'd take downforce out of the cars. They wouldn't be obsoleting parts every winter. They just want spec cars. They don't give a crap about cost.

fastford
01-31-2022, 09:14 AM
well said mastersbiult , very simple and correct assumption .......

dirty-white-boy
02-01-2022, 01:02 PM
Now they will be spending money trying to get that RF down even further.